• Published 31st Mar 2018
  • 719 Views, 11 Comments

Darkness Rising - Bronyprophet



In the cold icy lands of the Crystal Empire, Roams a black unicorn, weakened from an epic battle, a blizzard rolls in and he finds refuge in the caverns of the Empire, and there he waits for his time to come, a time of revenge.

  • ...
3
 11
 719

Chapter 9 Awakening

2 Days Earlier...

Starlight found herself floating in a void of endless darkness, in pure agonizing silence, there was nothing to be seen or heard, just more endless space that had no end or beginning. Time felt like it was slower here; for some strange reason, she felt like she had been walking for hours or days, she couldn't tell.

"Hello, is anyone there?" her voice just echoed back to her.

Suddenly, the pitch black nothingness started to crack like ice, allowing small shafts of light to pierce the void. Soon enough the void exploded outwards, and blinding light filtered into the room.

Starlights' eyes took a while to adjust to the change of brightness, but after they had adjusted she could see thoraxs' brilliant purple bug-like eyes, though he wasn't smiling, he held a grave expression upon his face. Thorax reached down, with a hoof.

"What's wrong?" Starlight asked.

"Oh, its nothing, I just missed you." Thorax smiled falsely.

Starlight knew better than that, she had been with Thorax for a while now and Thorax was a terrible Liar when it came to her, She became worried for Thorax.

"Thorax, you know you can't lie to me." Starlight stated, as she made it onto an ethereal landing.

Thoraxs' Expression became pained, he knew he couldn't lie to her, however, he had to do something to comfort her; so he embraced her tightly.

Starlight felt Thoraxs' warmth around her from his embrace, but it wasn't a normal hug, it felt strangely like a goodbye.

Thorax sobbed as light swallowed them, and he held onto her for as long as he could, before he was suddenly pulled away from her. Starlight felt Thorax being forcefully pulled away.

"Starlight I'll Always love you!" He cried out. She tried to reach out to him, but he was gone so fast.

"THORAX!" Starlight yelled, as she woke up in her chambers surrounded by her friends.


Present day...

Thorax had been growing darker by the second. The seeds of corruption had been growing; he soon all but forgot about what he was like before he was evil. Even his undying love for Starlight had faded, as the days passed.

Shadowrax had been training soldiers in the method of casting changeling magic, and forcing a few of the civilian mares in the Crystal Empire, to provide him with sultry entertainment, due to his new found control over Sombras' power.

He had noticed a few things since being turned evil, he could use all of Sombras' magic as if it were his own, he didn't even have to know what he had to do to cast the magic. He was amazed at his potential power.

Sombra Soon entered Shadowraxses' Chambers' to check up on how his new ally was handling himself.

"Shadowrax how do you like your new chambers." Sombra inquired taking note of a group of foals Shadowrax had ordered to build his castle. Sombra smiled as he watched the foals toil away in the blazing son, lifting large crystals and struggling with every inch they had to carry them.

"They were too small, so I ordered these pathetic ponies to build me something bigger, and I specifically ordered the foals to do it for my enjoyment, there suffering is music to my ears." Shadowrax Chuckled.

"That is admirable Shadowrax, tell me," Sombra started with a venomous glint to his eye. "What would you do if you encountered your former friend Starlight Glimmer."

"I would force her friends to watch as I tore her limb from bloody limb, then I'd mount her head on my wall as a trophy!" Shadowrax Zealously shouted.

"I see myself in you, and that is reason enough to not have you as my slave, but as my protege." Sombra evilly purred with a sweet sense of nostalgia.

"I'm glad to be of service to you My Lord," Shadowrax stated politely. Shadowrax noticed a foal approach him with a question.

"Lord, may I have some water?" A young foal asked Shadowrax thinking that the once good changeling still had compassion.

"Water? well is my castle done, it doesn't look like it is... then you best hurry up and build it, then you can have your drink!" Shadowrax boomed.

Sombra laughed evilly, before heading back to the throne room, his guards in toe, as his cape flicked in the wind.

Chrysalis stood out of Sombras and Shadowraxses' sight, her back pressed against a wall. She sneered viciously as Sombra made Shadowrax his new apprentice.

That was Thorax, the weakest of her children, a weakling who held the dubious honor of being the most pathetic changeling, and yet, he had somehow become one of Sombra's most trusted servants! "You little upstart!" Chrysalis hissed as she glared at him with a burning rage.


She saw Sombra walk off, followed by his guards. This was her chance to show Thorax where he belonged; beneath her hooves.

As soon as Sombra was out of sight, she left her cover and closed in on Shadowrax. Shadowrax turned his head to his incomplete castle. Chrysalis marched directly up to him, and shoved her face milimimeters away from his.

"Chrysalis, any closer and we'd kiss," Shadowrax said as he took a step back. "What do you want?"

Chrysalis hissed at him. "You insolent wretch, I created you." She took a step forwards. "How dare you?"

"How dare I what?" Shadowrax grinned. He knew exactly what she was refering too, he had noticed her long ago, leaning in the shadows, he just pretended to be ignorant to her presence.

Chrysalis practically roared in response. "How dare you try to usurp me for a second time!"

"That is no challenging task, these foals could run a kingdom better than you." Shadowrax arrogantly stated.

Chrysalis Suddenly backhanded the dark Changeling King. His head turned to the side and he took a step back. He immediately glared before he turned to her with rage on his face. All of this stopped when he felt a piercing pain in his head. That's when he remembered. The spell had made him Chrysalis's slave as well, not just Sombras', and he was magically compelled to follow her every order.

"Bow," Chrysalis stated with rage thick in her voice. Shadowrax immediately fell to his knees and prostrated himself. "Good, it looks like your new position, has at least given you the ability to follow orders." Chrysalis raised a hoof, so that it was level with Shadowraxses' mouth. "Lick." She commanded. "Show everyone in this pathetic empire who your master is, and lick my hooves."

Shadowrax hesitated before he slowly moved his head forward and ran his tongue along the hooves of his master. That was when she grabbed Shadowraxses' chin and forced him to look her directly in the eyes. "Don't you forget this you pathetic grub. No matter what happens, I will always be your master!" She shouted as she held him in place, then she threw the changelings head to the ground and stormed off.

Shadowrax slowly rose to his hooves after she had gone. He growled when he saw that his servants had stopped working to watch what was happening. He stared upwards at them. "Get back to work you pathetic dogs, or I'll have you fed to Cerberus." He shouted, causing the foals to panic and labor twice as hard.

He slowly turned his head to the direction Chrysalis had walked in. His eyes narrowed and he hissed.

he smiled and straightened his back. "Well Chrysalis, you have just signed your death warrant."

Author's Note:

This chapter is brought to you by Bronyprophet and Co Author - Disappointment-incarnate we have been working in collaboration for this entire book for your enjoyment.