• Published 26th Mar 2018
  • 758 Views, 16 Comments

Chronicles of Arche - Spellbounder



The story of a stallion and his never ending struggle to protect Equestria

  • ...
5
 16
 758

Ch.22- Oath to better days

There were no words that could be said. Nothing to change what the nightmares had done. Luna shouldn’t be surprised, seeing firsthand through Arche’s memories of the pain he carried. She was now in the stallion’s bedroom, leaving the land of dreams to speak with the admiral in the real world. They both had witnessed enough. Arche had risen from his pillow, a blank stare emit his face as he waited for Luna to speak. Awaiting her reaction to his damaged psyche. To hear how messed up he truly was.

“Have….you ever told this…to any pony else?”

He remained silent at first, staring out of his window. It was still dark out.

“There are but only four others who know about that day. Who know of it truly, from every excruciating detail, to the scars it left me, both physically and mentally.”

Luna already knew one of them. She recalls speaking with her sister earlier that day, going over exactly how she should handle things with Arche Stone. Celestia wouldn’t tolerate any issues or mistakes, claiming out of all her soldiers, she held him especially close to her heart.

“My sister thinks very much of you. She’s concerned that you’ve changed since the wedding. That you aren’t being yourself.”

He turns his head, looking directly at the Princess of the Night, in all her radiant glow. He found her sister’s statement rather idiotic. Thinking that the Alicorn of the Sun would realize by now that he’s been different far longer since the incident at the wedding. But he must keep his composure, be mature on this. He knows they’re simply trying to help, as pointless as it seemed through his own perspective.

“Your reputation perceives you, Princess. I see why you’re so respected among the many dreamers of Equestria. However……my own……experiences cannot simply be….forgotten. Nor can I simply….move past them, even in my later years. I do appreciate what you and your sister have done for me, but this is a matter that I can’t push back….not again….not with what’s taken place.”

“You….refer to the rising threat Chrysalis has now become?”

“I do…..forgive how I’ve acted with you, Princess Luna, I forget that not all see this issue the same as I. Knowing first and full most what these creatures are capable of, and witnessing their tyranny at young Cadence’s wedding…..I won’t let what happened repeat itself. I owe it to not just my friends…..but every pony in Equestria. When we contain Chrysalis….and this is a promise you can inform to your sister…..I will truly allow myself to rest.”

Now this was the progress Celestia had intended Luna to bring to her. It was a long shot, especially seeing how harmful his past made him to fulfilling his duties as a soldier, but progress none the less.

“Sister claimed you were noble to a cause. Said that’s what she likes about you.”


Arche didn’t smile, but instead laid his head back down, staring into the ceiling of his small home, thinking of his better days from the Guard.

“She thinks too much of me. There were many times I could’ve done better.”

Luna began thinking back herself, of her own troubles. This, the two had in common more than anything.

“We all could, but the better times will be ahead for us……all of us.”

Arche soon drifts back to sleep, as Luna makes her leave, smiling back at the tired soldier one last time. Celestia was right, he is special, not just for his loyalty, but to his friends. She’ll keep her word on this, willing to check back with him in his dreams again once Chrysalis is dealt with. Luna owes him at least that much.

Author's Note:

To a brighter future!