• Published 24th Mar 2018
  • 1,343 Views, 27 Comments

Throughout the Sun and Stars - Izzy_



Sunset is trying to cope with her nightmares, and with her feelings for Twilight and equestria at stake, what's a reformed ex-villain ought to do?

  • ...
1
 27
 1,343

Chapter lll

As Sunset applied a new bandage on her foreleg, Twilight began speaking to her,


"Aren’t you excited Sunset? This is your first time seeing the Summer Sun Celebration since you left to the human world!"

Sunset winced and bowed her head at that sentence, Twilight didn't let this go unnoticed.


The princess jumped off the bed and walked over to Sunset,

"Hey, it’s okay," she put a hoof under Sunsets chin and lifted her head up to eye level. Sunset pretended to take a sudden interest in the first thing that caught her eye, which was Twilight’s crown, this was not helping her case.

"I promise you that this will be the most memorable Summer Sun Celebration you've ever been to because this time you’ll have me and the others!"


Sunset looked over to see the most reassuring smile she had ever seen. She tried to keep a straight face but failed miserably, having her own smile planted on it.

She laughed halfheartedly, “You say that like nothing ever bad happens to me,"


Twilight pushed her friend on the shoulder lightly "I wouldn’t say it’s because of you, I’d just say that it’s always been... inconvenient to say the least," she giggled.

Sunset blushes slightly

I swear that laugh is contagious... Sunset shakes her head and smiles to herself.


"Now then, let’s go to lunch, shall we?" Twilight trotted to the door.


Sunset didn't move..."Twilight?"


"Yeah Sunset?" the lavender mare turned around and looked cheerfully at her friend.


Sunset was quiet for a couple of seconds

"...Thank you... I really don’t deserve a friend like you, “she chuckled
"You really are the best thing to happen in my miserable life you know that? Making me see a new perspective, showing me the meaning of friendship, giving me another chance, it’s all thanks to you, I never really got to thank you for that." Sunset smiled brightly.


This made Twilight flush a little for the sudden burst of compliments,


"Oh, Sunset. You don’t need to thank me," she slowly walked up to Sunset and gave her a hug,

"You're the one who chose to change and made an effort, I can’t take all the credit," Twilight broke the hug but kept both hooves on her friend’s shoulders,

"Now c’mon, the princesses will be waiting for us."


Sunset wiped her eyes and nodded. Twilight turned around and exited the room, Sunset following not far behind.

Yeah, very cool Sunset. Where in Tartarus did that come from!? She shook her head and closed the doors behind her.


Sunset woke from her bed and placed her hooves on the cool tiled floor, her expression groggy, her sigh was crackly, and her voice was hoarse.

She walked to the bathroom, the only light being from Luna’s moon. She sat in front of the sink, got an empty glass and filled it. The water to help soothe her parched and sore throat. Then she began to wash her face, she looked up in the mirror to see a familiar demon.


Her heart raced as she quickly turned around to see…




...Nothing at all.


I’m getting hallucinations now?? If I didn’t know any better I would say I was going insane, but then again, I probably am.

She rubbed her face and looked at the time,


It’s dawn in an hour, I guess I’ll just go to the castle library, there’s nothing better to do anyway.


With that Sunset headed off to the library.


Twilight knocked on the mahogany door to Sunset’s room,

After waiting for an answer for at least a dozen seconds, she opened to see no one was in there.

She sighed, where is she?

The mare decided to go to the dining room for breakfast.

Maybe she’s there already?


After a couple of minutes of walking, she entered the dining room, doing so also answered her question from a couple of minutes prior; Sunset was there looking very distant and tired, Twilight walked up and sat next to her.


“Hey, you had a good sleep?”


Her friend waited a couple of seconds to answer,

“Mostly, then I decided to go to the library.”

“Oh, okay. How long have you been up for?”

“Since about half four, why?”

Twilight blinked “Uh, no reason. Just wanted to know if you were okay,”

Sunset groaned and leaned against one of her hooves.


Twilight decided to ignore her friend’s reaction, she looked forward and began eating her food,

“You coming with me and the others to lunch later?”

Sunset shrugged “Sure, I guess.”

Twilight paused and stared at Sunset play with her food, after a couple of seconds she got her spoon and picked up a spoonful of food from her own bowl then ate it, she didn’t really want to carry on with this conversation.


All nine, which consisted of the Mane Six, Spike, Starlight, and Sunset, all sat around the table at a nearby restaurant.


Rainbow looked at Sunset, “What’s up with hothead?” the rainbow-haired mare questioned, “She’s not usually this irritatingly quiet.”


Maybe she woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" Fluttershy whispered.

Sunset took a slow bite of her sandwich, emitting a muffled growl,
“I’m not deaf you know.”


This made Fluttershy decrease in her seat,

Applejack interjected, "Hey, there ain't no need to be rude."

Twilight and Starlight gave the same look at each other before Twilight came into the conversation,
"Sunset, is there something on your mind? You've been like this all morning, you know you can talk to us."


It was quiet for a couple of seconds.

Sunset rubbed her face,
"No, no. Sorry, I guess I did wake up on the side of the bed," she chuckled weakly and glanced at Fluttershy, who seemed to increase back in her seat when she did that.

If that includes having insomnia, hallucinations and being on the brink of insanity.


"It's just that I'm a bit worried about tonight." she stared at her sandwich.

"Don't worry, you have us! This is going to be the best SSC yet because this time you'll be here Shimmy!"

"Please do NOT call me that Pinkie," Sunset replied in a lighthearted tone, she shook her head,
"And doubt it, I always mess up some way or another."


"Well if it does, we'll be with you all the way through," Twilight declared fondly as Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash nodded in agreement.

This made Sunset smile "Thanks, Twi."


A dozen seconds passed before Starlight spoke up,

"Sorry, SS...C?" she was staring at Pinkie now.

"Summer Sun Celebration of course!" Pinkie shouted bouncing in her seat.

"Of course," Starlight laughed, "Why did I even ask." She smiled.


"Beats me!" Pinkie smiled

Starlight’s stared at Pinkie quizzically at that last sentence as the others just rolled their eyes with a smile on their faces.

Author's Note:

Starlight's face: https://goo.gl/images/3ZdAnB


Here's another crappy chappy for ya peeps who dared to read it.

The last bit is just filler, so sorry? I guess?? The serious stuff is happening in the next chapter tho, see? I'll make it up to you for reading something not really important to the story.


Still havin' doubts of publishing this story tho.




Till next time, my dudes. :moustache: