• Published 24th Mar 2018
  • 1,343 Views, 27 Comments

Throughout the Sun and Stars - Izzy_



Sunset is trying to cope with her nightmares, and with her feelings for Twilight and equestria at stake, what's a reformed ex-villain ought to do?

  • ...
1
 27
 1,343

Chapter V

It was an hour before Celestia had to raise the sun, but there seemed to be problems sprouting up inside the castle walls.


Celestia looked out at Luna's calm night sky,


“You never fail to impress me, sister.” A peaceful and warm smile was found on Celestia's face.


There was a knock on the door,


“Enter.” She turned around as the door opened to see a mare pegasus and stallion unicorn wearing the familiar Royal Guard armour.


“Princess,” They both bowed,

The mare spoke up, “We have failed to locate the captain of the royal guard.”


It was the unicorn that was next to speak, “We have also lost multiple guards that were supposed to come here from the outposts near where the sun shall be raised, what should we do?”


Celestia put a hoof to her chin and paused, “Stay vigilant and be in pairs, we need to stay on our hooves. Don’t do anything that any of the civilians will be suspicious of, we do not want to cause an outburst."


The two smaller ponies nodded as they closed the princess’s door to go back to their duties.


Celestia was now alone again; she turned around and looked back out at the night sky, pondering.


She was careful, like holding a newborn foal, while Twilight was lying unconscious on her back. This meant she had to deplete her speed making her more prone to being attacked, but she counteracted this problem by being more vigilant.


Her legs have never been so sore, her hooves got off the hard cobblestone floor and onto the fresh wet grass, her destination was to go to the forest, where the trees were lush and green, but Sunset could see barely anything. If it wasn’t for the night sky illuminating off the wet leaves of the trees, Sunset wouldn’t know where she would be going.


She didn’t know how much longer she could run for. As she put her next hoof down it entered a pothole, making her fall face first.


She groaned in pain, her ankle was in an odd and painful position. She sat up and tried to put Twilight back on her back.


She couldn’t tell if she fractured her ankle or just sprained it, but she didn’t care. She just wanted to get to safety.


Twilight uttered something unintelligible, Sunset took that as a good sign; It meant her friend was okay.


She, fortunately, got Twilight back on her back. With both Twilight and her unusable leg, the chances of her collapsing were getting higher. But Sunset refused to give up, she didn’t care what happened to her as long as Twilight was safe.



Entering the calm, wistful forest calmed Sunset exponentially. It was dark, but it was safer than anywhere else she could think of right now.


After some scouting around deeper in the forest, she found a nice patch of grass where no trees were grown there.


She put her friend down and took off the bandage that was surprisingly still on her leg.



It’s not clean on the outside but it is on the inside, that should be alright?

Right??

Ugh, I should NOT have missed Vol. lV of The Encyclopedia of Advanced Medical Needs, Well it's better than nothing I guess.

She wrapped the bandage around Twilight’s wound before laying on the floor herself falling straight to sleep. She didn't want to fall asleep, but her body refused to keep her eyes open.


Sunset heard a rustling of something nearby. When her eyes opened, she saw her friend sat up and staring up at the night sky.

She groaned in discomfort as she sat herself up, keeping her damaged leg raised.

“Hey, Twi…” She called, her throat was dry making her voice break.

Twilight looked at Sunset with a relieved smile on her face,

“Oh good, I’m glad you’re okay.” Her voice sounded fed up.

“Me? You’re the one that got attacked!”

“It’s not that bad honestly, nothing fatal.” She paused as she examined Sunset, stopping at her injured ankle, “You, on the other hand. You ended up fracturing your ankle. So I put a spell on it and with rest, it should be healed soon.”


Sunset smiled, “Thank you.”


The princess tried smiling back but it faltered. Sunset could see the tears forming in the other mares eyes.


Sunset stood up, her body expressed its opinion by flaring all her muscles around her body but she really didn't care. She slowly walked over to her friend and hugged her tightly.


She didn’t say anything, there was nothing to be said that hasn’t been said before.


Twilight sobbed in her friend's shoulder, “I…I didn’t do anything,” She gasped between sobs “W-we could have found our friends and stopped it Sunset, we could have saved-”


Whatever she tried to say next was now just muffled noises in Sunset’s coat.


Sunset took Twilight off her shoulder and stared at her with strong certainty,
“Twilight, we ARE going to get them, and we ARE going to stop this. You get me? If not, then so help me Faust that you get to survive this.”


Twilight didn’t say anything, she just stared at the emerald eyes that had such determination in them, that said determination grew on her as she was beginning to get some of it herself,


“Y-you’re right,” she smiles weakly, “and on the contrary, it would be boring without you around. So, you’re living whether you like it or not.” She smirks, she knew what her friend was implying in the sentance she told her.


Sunset smiled and looked up at, the still, night sky,


“You know, I think the night is very underrated; It’s so beautiful.”


The lavender mare stared at Sunset looking up into the starry night sky, little glimmers of light twinkling in her cyan eyes.


Her friend craned her neck to look at her, the eyes of the fiery-haired mare shimmered. “Don’t you think?”


Twilight flushed slightly as she looked up at Luna's night sky, “Yeah…” A light smile showed on her lips “It is.”

Author's Note:

I feel like I'm rushing this story but at the same time, I feel like I'm not?



There's a likely chance there will be no chapter tomorrow because this boi is out with a friend and will be too tired to compose a chapter and then edit it so yea, I might not be free on Friday either because of Cadets 'nd stuff but I will try and provide your daily dose of rubbish 👌