• Published 22nd Mar 2018
  • 1,468 Views, 13 Comments

Sonic Forces: Standing United - Loveshock



When the Phantom Ruby messes with the CHS portal and traps the Main 7 in Sonic's world, they must team up with Team Sonic to bring down Infinite!

  • ...
4
 13
 1,468

Stage 1: Prologue

“Sonic! Eggman’s forces are surging into the city! We need you here, now!”

“Hold on, Tails, I’m on my way!”

With the call received, Sonic blasted through Green Hill. He stopped to look at some of Eggman’s new robots. “Nothing worthwhile,” he thought to himself, before knocking them all to the ground in a scatter of bolts and screws.

As the city grew nearer, the familiar sights of the place Sonic called his home started to fade. The lush greens around him were replaced with faded tans and yellows. Sonic kicked the ground, and a cloud of sand blew by.

“Green Hill’s looking a lot more like Sand Hill right now,” he mentioned, before speeding off towards the city once again.

In the city, Eggman had gathered Tails and a group of townsfolk into a corner, keeping them pressured with his Egg Pawns. In a flash of blue light, the blue blur came boosting in, taking out the robots with ease.

“Everyone okay?” Sonic asked.

“We are thanks to you,” Tails replied. “Cutting it kind of close though, pal.”

“Well, yeah, that’s pretty much how I roll. Now let’s finish this, Eggman!” Sonic charged up a Spin Attack and launched it towards the doctor, only to get knocked down, landing right on the ground.

“What the…?

Before Sonic emerged Shadow the Hedgehog. With him came several of his past formidable foes - Chaos, Zavok, and Metal Sonic. And then, materialized a new face. Or, rather, a new mask - this new creature didn’t seem to expose his face at all. On this creature’s chest was an odd gemstone of sorts. He put his hand to the stone, and before Sonic could even attack, he fell right to the ground, cold. No one else around him noticed a thing.


————————


“Something doesn’t feel quite right,” Sunset quietly said. She had been hanging around the portal to Equestria for about an hour. It was emitting an energy she could feel but couldn’t quite identify, but nevertheless it had her concerned. She put her hand on the sides of the portal. She quickly pulled her hand back.

“Ow!” She yelled.

“What’s wrong, Sunset?” Twilight asked. She had been working on her homework, while Sunset investigated.

“It’s…hot,” she explained. “Not, like, warm-from-the-sun hot. It’s burning hot. Something is up.”

Twilight went to touch the portal herself. Like Sunset, she very quickly retracted in an exclamation of pain.

“Yeah, that’s definitely not normal,” Twilight added. “Anyways, we should probably let it go for now. It’s getting late.”

As much as Sunset hated to admit it, it was already past the time they were supposed to linger on CHS campus. She grabbed her bag, and went on her way.

“Talk to you later, Twi,” she called out.

“Bye,” Twilight called back.

As Sunset walked away, Twilight packed up her own things. But not before making a few notes of her own.

“Strange energy, excessive heat, Sunset’s confused,” she wrote down. “There’s no way someone isn’t tampering with it from the other side.”

On her walk home, Sunset thought heavily about what was happening. I’ve gotta find out what’s going on, even if it means walking through that unstable portal. This has never happened before, so is an outside force tampering with it?

Sunset sent out a text to her friends. <Hey. Taking a break to Equestria. I’ll be back in a bit.> This wasn’t an uncommon text to send; she had taken many trips to Equestria, usually lasting a day or two. But she knew she wasn’t going to Equestria, or if she’d really be back in a bit - or even if she’d be back at all. But she did know she was stepping in that portal and getting to the bottom of the the scenario.

When she got home, she simply grabbed a quick snack and put her message journal away - she feared bringing it would risk its safety. She made sure to grab her geode before leaving - in case she needed it.

And, just like that, Sunset left everything else behind. Armed only with a physical representation of her magic, she went right back to the portal. When she got there, though, she saw six other people. She was really hoping this would go without a hitch, but here they were. All six of her friends.

“If you’re going in, we’re going with you!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “We’re not letting you risk your life without us!” The rest of the group nodded in agreement.

“How did you guys…?” Sunset asked, confused.

“Twilight told us all about it, dear,” Rarity responded with her phone in hand. “We weren’t just going to let you go alone, you know.”

“No,” Sunset shot down. “It’s not safe. I don’t even know if I’m going to make it back. It’s too dangerous for you to just walk into it.”

“Awww,” Pinkie Pie whined. “If you get to, why can’t we?”

“This is my portal back home, and I have to make sure that it’s alright. You guys stay here, and keep CHS safe. Without us here to defend, who knows what magic could attack next.” There was a silence, and Sunset looked back to the portal. She slowly walked up to it, before being shoved to the side.

“Catch ya on the other side!” Rainbow yelled, before boosting into the portal in a flash.

“Rainbow Dash!” The girls called. Sunset quickly followed her in, with the other girls following after. Fluttershy seemed hesitant to step in, before Pinkie grabbed her by the arm and dragged her in with the rest of them.


———————


“Where are we…?”

Rainbow Dash looked around. She did not expect to wake up in the streets of a crumbling city, but then again, she really didn’t know what to expect.

She made note of her observations. Cracked city streets. Buildings falling apart, rubble all over the ground.

“What the heck is that?!” She exclaimed, looking at a giant robot in the distance. It was gray and round, with a bright red eye in the middle.

“More like…what the heck are you?” Twilight countered, pointing at Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash turned around, getting a glimpse of Twilight. She was most definitely not human. And Rainbow concluded that she too was no longer human.

She looked at Twilight. She still retained her regular outfit, but in place of a human head was…something else. Spines, a muzzle, a pointy black nose, and a giant singular eye with two pupils.

“Enough about appearances, I’m confused too! Let’s just find the others!” RD told her.

“Yeah, good idea,” Twilight replied. Rainbow grabbed her by the hand, and dashed ahead, off to find her missing friends.

Author's Note:

Welcome to my first MLP fic! I've always thought that Sonic Forces would be a great game to really flesh out in fanfic form, and what other way to do it then an Equestria Girls crossover? Well, I guess there are many other ways, but I thought this one would be fun, so...