• Published 21st Mar 2018
  • 1,746 Views, 13 Comments

Me, Myself, And Pie - Yosh-E-O



Pinkie's always been childishly over-the-top. However what happens when she is perceived to have taken it too far?

  • ...
4
 13
 1,746

Chapter 2 - Another Slice Of Pie?

Luna’s moon shined bright as some pony made their way out of the Everfree Forest.
“The night time is when this Pinkie Pie will shine!” she squeaked while bounding playfully out into Ponyville. She had been fortunate enough to escape Twilight’s banishment spell and went about exploring Equestria to avoid detection. There was a close call in Manehattan when she happened upon her original in a diner but even the real Pinkie didn’t think much on it. Even if she did it would just be attributed to one of Pinkie’s moments where things just happened because she willed or wanted them to.

“Still trying to figure that one out,” pondered the clone as she styled her mane and tail so they appeared no different than any other pony working a night shift at the train station. “Though I’ll figure out that ‘Pinkie Sense’ one day so I will know if I’m ever anywhere near any pony who can send me back into that dreadful pool.”

The clone had come to be known as ‘Cotton Candy’ by those who rode the Friendship Express at night. She took tickets, talked with traveling ponies, and-

“Learned how many ponies look alike except for changes to their Cutie Marks and whether they were Earth Ponies, Pegasi, or Unicorns,” finished the clone. “I’ve got the ‘Fourth Wall Breaking’ down pretty good along with not arousing suspicion. Working at night helps as I make lots of traveling pony friends who can’t make the connection and the real Pinkie is not often out and around Ponyville Station at night.”

***

“I don’t like wasting time,” grumbled Limestone as she, her parents, and sister arrived at Ponyville Station. “Good thing this runs all the time.”

“Heading for the Friendship Express?” asked the clone of Pinkie Pie as she made her way to work. “Where are you heading?”

Although the clone had fooled many ponies up to this point by her appearance she couldn’t fool her own ‘family’.

“What do you mean!” exclaimed Limestone. “You know exactly where we’re going! Home!”

“Oh,” sunk the clone. “I’m sorry if I offended you.”

“’Offended’ is putting it lightly!” barked Limestone.

The clone was at a loss.
“Well…,” she trailed. She, as her original, liked to make every pony happy and was definitely willing to do whatever it took to make these unhappy travelers hap-hap-happy. “I’m really sorry that I offended you. Perhaps we could talk this out over coffee and donuts at the station café?”

Limestone was about to go into another tyrade when her mother stepped forward.
“Thou truly are not as we just saw,” she said. “Are thou forsaking your shameful ways?”

The clone was confused but didn’t want any more attention brought to her than was already known by her boss and those traveling ponies she spent time with. To drag this out much longer could result in being discovered as the copy she was.
“Of course!” she chimed merrily. “I’d never do anything to make any pony unhappy!”

***

Maud was very suspicious of what she was both seeing and hearing. It didn’t seem likely that this was her sister. She didn’t just look different but she also didn’t seem, well, like Pinkie Pie. However her parents and Limestone were happy and something in her thought it worth further investigation before chiming in her concerns.

“…We got time before the train,” stated Mr. Pie. “Let us here of your coming to your senses while partaking in some tasty vittles.”

Maud pulled Boulder from her pocket as her family followed ‘Pinkie Pie’ towards the nearby café.
“What do you think, Boulder?” she asked. “I agree. It’s like how iron pyrite makes ponies believe they’ve found true gold. It looks the same but really isn’t. We should investigate.”

Maud moved to join her family as the clone used her highly-developed interpersonal skills to learn more-and-more about the parents she never knew she had while convincing them even further on how she ‘was’ the the real deal.