• Published 21st Mar 2018
  • 1,747 Views, 13 Comments

Me, Myself, And Pie - Yosh-E-O



Pinkie's always been childishly over-the-top. However what happens when she is perceived to have taken it too far?

  • ...
4
 13
 1,747

Chapter 1 - The Wrong Impression

“Mom!” called Pinkie as she flew up to the counter that housed the secret switch leading down into the party planning cave. “Dad!”

“Pinkamena?” Mr. and Mrs. Pie questioned as their daughter vaulted over the counter to greet them.

“What are you doing here?” Pinkie blushed. “I thought you weren’t able to make it and that I’d have to just plan another super-duper party back home with all of you?”

Limestone Pie, the headstrong overseer of activity on the family rock farm, moved ahead and produced an envelope.
“This ‘was’ the time you told us to show for your party,” she grumped. “We’ve been looking for you for over an hour after already wasting precious sunlight getting here by train when we could’ve been getting work done on the farm!”

Maud made her way slowly up the slide and casually came to Pinkie’s side.
“We looked all over for you,” she said simply. “Then I remembered your party planning cave and found you there.”

“Pinkamena…,” trailed her mother. “What does thou wear?”

Marble Pie, the bashful younger sister, blushed and turned her head to the side.

“Strange jewelry,” stated Pinkie’s father while eyeing the pacifier necklace. “What of it?”

Pinkie blushed.
“Oh…,” she nervously replied while pulling up the pacifier. “Costume party…?”

The elder Pie’s exchanged looks.

“Pinkamena!” Mr. Pie commanded with a stomp of his forehoof. “This is not acceptable attire! Take it off at once.”

“What’s the deal, Pinkie?” scowled Limestone. “You have always been ‘strange’ but this is outright insulting!”

“Thou are an adult,” stated Mrs. Pie. “We’ll not have you looking as you are.”

Maud took a step back as Pinkie sat her padded rump upon the ground. This action released a cloud of foal powder in which its scent quickly found itself in the noses of every pony in the room.

“That smell!” stomped Limestone. “What is that?”

Pinkie scrunched nervously on her diaper.
“Foal powder,” she giggled nervously.

“Foal powder?” baffled Mr. and Mrs. Pie as Limestone appeared aghast while Marble only continued to blush and look away.

“Is this how thou conducts yourself when away from home?” inquired Mr. Pie as he stared straight into Pinkie’s eyes.

The pink party pony was in a pinch. She could lie and say ‘no’ but that would betray the ‘Pinkie Promise’ she made all her friends at the party downstairs when she decided to be a part of their comforting fun. However saying ‘Yes’ would likely not please her family who, as she thought on it, accidentally received the wrong party invitation.

“Don’t you really not like situations like this?” she asked no pony in particular in a concerned whisper. “I must’ve been so busy writing invitations that I flip-flopped the one for my family to have the date for the ‘foal party’ instead of for the super-duper castle carnival party. But how to fix this…?”

Then she got an idea.

“Hey!” she perked while taking to her hooves. “How about we look at this a whole different way?”

Pinkie pulled a harmonica out of her glittery mane and gave it a blow.

---
Every pony is different
No pony is the same
Things may seem a little awkward
But I’m oh-so happy you came

---

Pinkie started to get into her song as she bounced on her hooves and tail while throwing confetti by the hoofful from her diaper

---
The world is filled with wonder
If we open up our eyes
It’s perfectly alright
To be a foal again sometimes


---
The only pony who seemed amused in the slightest was Marble Pie. The others , except Maud who appeared indifferent, just grew more upset.

Pinkie took notice of this and started to visibly sweat as she continued her song, dance, and confetti tossing.

---

Come on mom and dad
Everything’s alright
I’m still your lovable daughter
And that’s what matters, right?

---

“Stop this nonsense!” boomed Mr. Pie. “You shame the family through your actions!”

“Shame?” gasped Pinkie as she fell hard on her diaper as a result of having a very immense feeling of sadness.

“Yes!” Limestone stomped angrily. “You defile the honor that Holder inscribed on Holder’s Boulder! That being ‘Thou shalt ever respect all within the house of Pie’!”

“But…,” Pinkie trailed as tears welled in her eyes. “I love you. All of you. I do respect the house of Pie.”

“Not like that,” spoke her father while turning his back. “We wish not to see thou again until thou changes your disrespectful ways.”

“Ma-mom…?” Pinkie pleaded.

Mrs. Pie lowered her head and turned her back.

“Let’s get out of here,” stated Limestone. “We should be able to get a train back home in time to get a fresh start on the farm tomorrow.”

“Marble…,” hoped Pinkie.

“Umm,” she blushed.

“We’re leaving!” announced Limestone. This caused Marble to make a sad face as she turned to follow her sister and parents.

“I better go talk to them,” stated Maud. “You should get back to your party.”

Pinkie’s face trembled as a frown and tears dominated her features. Soon her family was gone and she was alone.