• Published 20th Mar 2018
  • 4,590 Views, 56 Comments

The Best Poker Face - Chemtest

  • ...
38
 56
 4,590

Peace?

Slender sits at a table, his knees almost up to his chin from how short the chair is. He looks around, seeing nopony looking at his direction. He silently picks up the chair, and throws it out a nearby broken window, deciding to sit cross-legged.

A butler walks up the table, and places down a tea set in the center of the table. Slender nods to him, and the butler nods back. He moves away, making sure to place down more tea on the table.

The guards around the room all stand at attention as the door opens. Slender simply leans his head on his hand as Celestia walks in. She smiles towards the guards, and they all loosen up a bit. They still keep their hooves near their spears, but make it not obvious.

Celestia calmly trots up to the table. She pulls the chair back a little bit, with a barely noticeable movement of her hoof. She sits on the chair, and floats a tea cup over to her. She floats it up and takes a little sip out of it.

Slender looks to his side, out the window, down to where Ponyville rests at the bottom of the mountain. He smiles internally upon seeing that no smoke rises from the city, and upon the feeling of Apple Bloom being uninjured.

Celestia calmly clears her throat. Slender looks over to her, and she floats the tea over to him, “Have a drink, it’s our finest.”

He shakes head, “No thank you, I don’t drink tea.”

Celestia shrugs, “Very well then.” She takes another sip, and places the cup down on the plate, “Well, you said something back in the throne room, about always wanting to help? I ask that you please elaborate.”

Slender nods, “Well, ever since I first landed in your throne room, I’ve wanted to help. I never had the opportunity, as you did attack me.”

Celestia picks up her tea, and takes another sip of it, “To be fair, you look like a monster, and you sounded a lot like one when you appeared out of nowhere. You did say, after all, that you were going to kill everything.”

Slender nods, “You make a very fair point, and one I can agree with. The thing is, however, that it was not me who said that. I suppose I never had time to explain it before, as you assumed that I was a monster. What is happening to me is similar to what happened to your sister. An evil entity exists within my mind, and when we first arrived here, we were fighting for control.”

Celestia looks at him for a few seconds, “You also have a Nightmare inside of you?”

Slender nods, “If you wish to call it that, then yes. He is called Slenderman, and is the original owner of this body. Well, most of this body. It is safe to say that our situation is complicated. He had most of the body, some of the body was mind, we merged into one, now we have to fight for domination.”

Celestia nods, “Let me guess, this Slenderman was responsible for the slaughter?”

Slender looks down, “I thought I could facilitate change. What if he was just angry because I had forcibly taken his body? So I handed control over to him for a second, thinking he would be able to learn with our positions swapped. But then he didn’t. He said he needed fear, and, well... I regained control too late.”

Celestia sets her tea down, “Very well then. I shall alert the Elements of Harmony, and we shall destroy the dark spirit inside you.”

Slender jumps up, “No!” The guards all around point their spears at him from his sudden outburst. He sits back down, regaining his composure, “Please don't, Celestia. He can change, I know he can.”

Celestia raises an eyebrow, “You just talked about how he didn’t change. Why do you still think he can?”

Slender looks her in the eyes, “Because I have faith in him, Celestia.” He moves his hand up onto the table, “I know that he can. He just doesn’t see an alternative to our fear needs. I can show him that, make him see as I see. And maybe, I could gain a glimpse into how he sees.”

Celestia takes a deep swig of tea, her magic rattling the cup slightly, “You think you can just change his mind by showing an alternative?”

Slender nods, “Yes, Celestia. If I didn’t think so, then I would not be the man I am today.” He spreads his arms out, “It is my belief that there is no creature beyond saving. Sometimes that saving must come through death, yes, but most can come through life. If I didn’t have faith in the ability of man to change, then I would lose all hope. If death and destruction was the only way to solve problems, then I would’ve killed you. But look at what we are doing. I am talking to you, and I am changeing your opinion on me.”

Celestia nods, “So, you are a pacifist?”

He leans back, “I believe that peace is usually the best option, but sometimes the only way for peace is death. If some killer were to roam around the streets and kill without reason or purpose, not listening when I try and talk to them, than they must be dealt with. Those who commit evil and cannot be made good must be dealt with so good may reign. Yet they should not be dealt with lest they show an unwillingness to change or listen. Slenderman, I’m willing to give him another chance.”

Celestia looks down Slender, mulling over his words, “Your philosophy is a good one, I must admit. It is clear we got off on the wrong hoof.” She smiles, “I am Princess Celestia of Equestria.”

He nods, “And I am Slender of Everfree.” He holds out a hand, “Can we agree to move on so that we may face the future together?”

Celestia takes his hand with her hoof, and they shake, “You have become a valuable ally to Equestria in one day. We might need you in the future, Slender.”

One of the guards step up, “Forgive me, Princess, but does this mean you two are friends?”

The two look at each other, and both nod. Celestia turns to the guard, “Yes, I do believe we are.”

The guard smiles, and takes out a little bell. He rings it loud and clear.

A butler comes hustling through the door, laying a plate and fork in front of the two of them.

Then a second one comes in, carrying a ten foot cake on his back. He plops it down on the center of the table, using the combined magic force of three unicorn guards.

The butler smiles, and bows, “Enjoy, Princess.”

She looks up at the cake, and starts slightly panting. A bit of saliva escapes her mouth, and she smiles in excitement.

She recovers immediately, snapping her head to look at Slender.

Slender just picks up a fork, and nods.

Celestia smiles once more, and her eyes turn slightly animalistic as she cuts a fourth out of the cake. She floats that fourth over to Slender, and floats the rest of the cake over to herself.

She throws the pathetic, little plate off the table, and raises her fork, “To Equestria!”