• Published 13th Apr 2018
  • 3,202 Views, 55 Comments

Mystery Scootaloo - thedarktome



After years of living in Ponyville, it took one mother's day for it to arise and be noticed...by her idol. Of course it confused her as to why it took this long. Where are your parents? She was not going to believe the story of the filly's origin.

  • ...
10
 55
 3,202

Chapter 19 - Plan In Place

The light from the morning sun shone through the hospital windows, hitting the orange fur of Sunset Shimmer, the light blue of her sister, the orange of her father, and the light blue of her mother all sitting around Sunset in case she needed something. Unfortunately, Sunset would be under the status of handicapped. She had trying to go the restroom earlier, but just like she told everyone else earlier, when she would try to do something, she'd end up doing something entirely different. When she tried to walk to the bathroom, she ended up just falling on her face. It was tearing her sister to pieces seeing her like this.

At this moment, Sunset was eating a small snack while enjoying her sister's warm body snuggled up against her. It brought back fond memories of years long past. Every now and then, whenever she'd move around or sigh, Sunset would stop eating and nuzzle her lovingly. Wishing in her mind that she could at least tell her that it'd be okay. It was a futile effort. So she just settled for a hum. But besides those noises, the room was bathed in silence. Until Hot Blaze rose up and jumped off the bed to pace, clearly agitated.

"When I get my hooves on those things," she snarled. "They're going to ask for Discord instead "

"Sweetheart..." Cool Oceans sighed. "Leave this in the Princesses and Royal Guard's hooves. They're the Professionals in this."

"Except that descendant of Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus! I bet she's the root to all of this! Everything was fine until she showed up!"

"No!" They all jumped at Sunset Shimmer's loud and commanding bark. Sunset sighed and motioned with her hoof for her sister to come back to the bed when she used her magic to grab her clipboard. Her father grabbed his own with a pen to decipher what she says. She pointed to the letters and icons, taking up two minutes before she got it done.

The father read aloud, "Even though Princess Scootaloo has issues, which I can see, she has a goal in mind to stop those people on Earth from reaching the people in Equestria. Unfortunately, they discovered I had no record on Earth and guessed I was Equestrian. Then lied, saying they'll hand me back over when Scootaloo stepped in. Instead, they just wanted her in handcuffs and me as an experiment. Scootaloo turned the tables and saved me, although too late. Hopefully we can settle peaceful negotiations and I can get back to normal."


Even before daybreak, all the Princesses were situated inside the throne room in Canterlot, discussing plans and other things to get these people to cooperate. At the moment, they were discussing the prisoners down below. Luna was certain that it would get the attention of the Government of Earth, but Celestia and Cadance were worried about the type of attention. "If I had known that my guards were held hostage," Cadance stated in a stern tone. "Then I would prepare an army to go straight for them."

"But Cadance is peaceful," Celestia added. "These....humans are not. Evident by what became of Sunset Shimmer when we returned."

"They are going to pay for that," Twilight declared. "Because if they don't, I am going right back over there and making them."

"That'd be interesting," Scootaloo muttered. Then huffed and said, "Well I'm tired of them attempting to arrest me and going to obvious extreme lengths to do it. How about this? I go over—"

"No," Celestia shot down. "Your mother wants me to watch over you, not send you flying through portals."

"Hear me out. I'll agree to a questioning with Princess Twilight by my side. With a detective, Police Officer, FBI, whoever. Freakin' CIA if they want. Court, I don't care. In return, after the questioning, we will return the Operatives, regardless of the decision. Of course we're setting ground rules. For one? Fair bucking treatment. They put Sunset Shimmer in a cage and an electric box. They're not putting me in one of those. I'll rip their skin off their bodies."

"Please don't," Luna deadpanned.

Celestia sighed and rubbed her horn with a hoof. "But these people want magic," she argued. "What will stop them from trying to take it and study you if we go this path?"

"A truce. A documented truce that they will all sign and that we will as well. I know for a fact that none of this that is happening is public knowledge. All of this is secret, based on Rainbow's find. So it should be no problem."

"Do you really want to do this?" Cadance asked her. "Those people could have possibly killed your parents. And we're walking right into their hands....oh." Scootaloo smiled and nodded. The rest of the Princesses caught on to her plan. Then stared at Scootaloo in surprise.

"What? Did you really think I would just give myself up without getting something in return? Knowledge is what I want, and knowledge is what I'm going to get. If this works, I'll let you know of my discovery. The ring leader and the one pulling the strings will want to see this for themselves. They'll come right to me. And I'll have them. My excuse? To keep Equestria safe, which is actually true. So far, they know nothing about Equestria or where I've been. Or the fact that my mom can cross between both worlds without the portal. And I can still talk to her."

"That...is a pretty solid plan," Twilight admitted proudly. "Have to say, I'm impressed. Question is...will it work? This is a huge stake, Scootaloo."

"Only one way to find out."

Author's Note:

Made this at 7:45 and finished at 8:06 this morning.