• Published 13th Apr 2018
  • 3,197 Views, 55 Comments

Mystery Scootaloo - thedarktome



After years of living in Ponyville, it took one mother's day for it to arise and be noticed...by her idol. Of course it confused her as to why it took this long. Where are your parents? She was not going to believe the story of the filly's origin.

  • ...
10
 55
 3,197

Chapter 03 - Small Explanation

The two best friends of the previous-pegasus, now an Alicorn, walked up to the glowing Scootaloo who was still admiring her work. It looked like nothing ever happened. These ponies were going to be so happy.

Something nudged her shoulder, catching her so off guard, she shrieked and flapped her wings, sending her twenty feet into the air. She looked down and instantly regretted it. "Aw, crud." She dropped back down and fell face first into the dirt with a crunch.

"Scootaloo!" Rainbow and the other crusaders ran forward and helped her to her hooves.

"Uggh, wha...," She stammered, a little dizzy. Her vision was going in and out, making her squint. "Apple...cider? Is that you?" She put a hoof on Apple Bloom's face and stroked her cheek.

"It's Apple Bloom, ya' silly filly!" She corrected, helping her stand and moved her hoof off her cheek.

Rainbow sighed and turned towards everyone else. "Looks like....we can go home," she said blandly, motioning towards the rebuilt town. "And we have to get Scootaloo to a hospital. She's obviously delirious."

"You there!" Scootaloo pointed a glowing hoof at Twilight. Her eyes were seeing things she knew weren't around, but her mind betrayed her.

"Uhh....yes?" The princess answered.

"You need to get back on that gun right now! Zombies are approaching and you gotta take 'em out! I'll light a flare and signal a helicopter to airlift us! And you!" She pointed a highly disoriented hoof at a nearby daffodil. "I need that communications system up like yesterday! We only have one thousand bullets left and the car's out of gas! And we can't just stop at a gas station! Not in THIS wasteland! So start workin'!"

Everyone had a head cocked to the side, trying to figure out what the little Alicorn was talking about. "Uhh...Scootaloo?" Diamond Tiara approached, carefully nudging her so she didn't have a reaction like earlier. "Are you alright? And what the hay is a car, gas, bullets, helicopter, flare, a gun, and a gas station?"

Scootaloo groaned and held her head, griping in pain before she sighed and passed out, falling on her back. "Everypony go home!" Twilight ordered. "We have to tend to Scootaloo." She walked forward and encased the sleeping filly in a box of violet magic. "I'm taking her to the hospital." She picked her up and walked into town with everyone else behind her.

Twilight was still trying to come to terms with what just happened. First, there was Equestria's biggest explosion that completely obliterated Ponyville. Then Scootaloo comes in and bypassed the hidden barrier that was Fluid Matter Conversion. The Princesses couldn't even do it, let alone herself. And she knew almost every spell in the book! It was impossible! But not for her apparently. All she did was wave her horn and bam! A house with grass, a sidewalk, windows, decor, and probably a whole bunch of couches. Maybe even a refrigerator with food inside!

She looked up at the sleeping Alicorn, trying to get a reading on her. She apparently went through a violent transformation. But all Alicorn transformations were calm. Like her own. All Twilight went through was a small ball of light that gave her wings. But Scootaloo caused a giant bomb that devastated Ponyville and wiped it off the map! She had to do more research on this later.

The group walked through the doors and into the cool air of the hospital, freezing in surprise. Everything looked exactly how it was before. As if there was no explosion. Twilight shook her head and set Scootaloo down on an empty stretcher.

The hospital staff who walked in behind her quickly rushed forward to move her to a room while Twilight spoke. "Get her X-rayed," she ordered. "And don't let her out of your sight this time."

The ponies acknowledged her words while more wounded patients were rushed in, all suffering minor injuries from the...

"Gargantuan explosion," Princess Celestia said, catching Luna and Twilight's ears. She was looking out the windows beside the entrance at the rebuilt town. "The Ponyville Gargantuan Explosion....where a whole town and anything surrounding it was destroyed. The first time this has ever happened.......and the first instance, and live viewing of Fluid Matter Conversion. A spell that has left mages and conjurers alike baffled, all trying to figure out how to do it."

"I'm more worried about that violent transformation," Luna inputted. She walked over and stood beside her sister, sharing her same worried expression. "For an explosion like that, you would need magic that rivals every single pony in Equestria combined. And somehow... she's above that. I could tell just by watching."

"I could as well," Twilight admitted. "Should we be worried? Her magic, wherever she got it, destroyed Ponyville."

"Yes, we should be very worried," her mentor agreed. "But we cannot do anything about it until we figure everything out. We will have to ask her some things."

"Should we crawl through her mind?" Luna asked.

"No, Luna. She is still a filly. But for now she needs her rest. And we need to grab Cadance. That blast was seen all over Equestria and we must answer questions to calm the masses. Not to mention....there is a new Princess of Equestria."


While they were discussing what happened, Scootaloo was placed in a room and covered with a blanket to get some more peaceful sleep. Or so they thought. Scootaloo's dreams were anything but peaceful. A prime example would be of her falling out of a completely blue sky down to a grassy plain with hills, screaming at the top of her lungs.

"AHHHHHH YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING MEEEEE!" She hit the side of a grassy hill and rolled down, screaming obscenities the whole way. A few seconds later, she found her face sliding in the dirt once again. She stayed there for a moment before she sat up, groaning.

"Ugh, blech, yuck!" She cried, protesting from the horrible taste. She took her hand and swiped at her tongue, getting off the taste of soil. Wait...hand?

She stood up and looked at the ten digits held in front of her face, wiggling them, even biting them to make sure they were real. "Am I...back home?"

"Not quite." She turned around and yelped, falling on her back from the grinning feminine face in front of her. "I see you're still that shy and scary girl I raised," the woman commented, chuckling and helping her up. Scootaloo accepted the gesture and pulled herself on her feet, dusting herself off.

"Thanks. Now where and who........" She lost her voice after finally getting a good look at the woman standing in front of her. The orange skin, the blue hair,......the same kind eyes that she had missed so much. "M.....Mom?"

The woman pulled her into a tight hug, burying her face into her daughter's long Magenta hair. "Hello, baby," she whispered. "I'm so proud of you."

"Is it really you?" Lareen pulled herself into her mother's chest harder. She was starting to tear up.

"Yes...and no." They separated, allowing her daughter to get a good look. Eventually, she saw what she meant. It was like her mother was a ghost. Transparent.

"You're a...ghost?"

"Sadly." She walked around her daughter, taking a seat on the grassy plain. "Welcome to, what I like to call, the Communications Plane. Where you can speak with...you know."

"The dead," her daughter finished sadly, laying her head on her mother's shoulder. Vanessa sighed and stroked her daughter's long hair.

"Don't be sad. We moved on to save you. Your majesty."

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow and glanced up at her in confusion. "Majesty?"

Vanessa chuckled and nodded. "You ascended to an Alicorn. That makes you Royalty on all legal counts of Equestria."

"Wait a second." She sat back and looked at her mother oddly. "How do you know about Equestria?"

"Well, for one, I've been watching you."

"Creep," her daughter playfully scolded. She got a flick to the forehead.

"And two.......it was my home. And your father's before Earth." Scootaloo gazed at her in shock. "But you weren't born there."

"Wait, you left Equestria?!" She yelled.

"We were actually tore out by a magical influx that grabbed us, threw us out, shut, and sealed itself. We couldn't get back in."

"So you were trapped on Earth?"

"Yes. I was once a mage of magic. A conjurer. I created spells, medicine, tools. You name it, I've done it. Your father was a scholar. Burying himself in knowledge. This was post-nightmare moon, mind you. Starswirl wasn't around by this time, and Princess Celestia was a little desperate for more magic to help the ponies of Equestria. So your father and I being best friends decided to teach her and help her. I was twenty two, your father twenty five at the time. We were the top mages in all of Equestria. Even the one known as Twilight Sparkle didn't even have a speck of how much knowledge we knew and figured out to use. When we were thrown into the influx, our ages decreased. I was....twelve and your father fifteen. Although it felt good to be that young again, we had bigger matters to tend to. Like getting back in Equestria. And the fact that we were married teenagers. You should've seen the looks we were getting! We were wearing marriage rings and walking around, holding hands!

"Unfortunately, the tools used to create the influx did not exist on earth. Magic in general didn't. So we had to use different methods to even find magic and open a rift. Which took twelve years. During that time, we got acquainted with Earth and learned. And eventually...we created magic. After a little experiment, it went off. I was pregnant with you, Sweet Pea.

"It was an experiment we called 'Sandman'. Named after the legend of a man that used sand to give and influence dreams on Earth. In the midst of the experiment, the item we were using fired unexpectedly, sending an unstable and an insane and very large amount of extremely focused magic into my womb."

The child gasped while she continued. "Your father freaked out more than I did. The bolt of magic was an extremely concentrated amount. We expected to have a miscarriage. But then you were born a perfect baby girl. We were so happy that you were unaffected.....or so we thought."

"What.....what happened?" A strong breeze suddenly blew through the air, making her mother sigh in disappointment.

"Unfortunately, that'll have to wait until we meet again, Sweet Pea. Our time is up and you have to wake up. Let Celestia know that you are the daughter of Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus." The wind got much stronger, blowing Lareen's hair straight out and forcing her to cover her eyes. Her mother leaned in and placed a kiss on her daughter's forehead. "I love you, Lareen...Scootaloo." The hand on Scootaloo's cheek receded before the wind blew the girl away screaming.

"Mom!....MOM!"


"MOM!!!!" The four Princesses conversing in the room suddenly yelped and jumped at Scootaloo's loud exclamation. She woke up, her coat once again changing colors and her eyes aglow before diminishing, leaving Scootaloo panting and looking around in confusion. Was that....real? It had to be, it was all fresh in her mind.

"Scootaloo?" She blinked and looked towards the left at the worried faces of Princesses Cadance, Luna, Celestia, and Twilight.

"Are you alright?" Celestia asked, making her way over. Scootaloo looked up at her before sitting on her haunches, rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine...just...saw someone I miss very much." The others looked at each other, taking note of her strange speech. Someone?

"Scootaloo? We need to ask some questions about-" Twilight began to ask.

"Ask away," she interrupted, settling back down.

"So no fighting this time?" She walked over and sat down beside the bed with her teacher. "No running?"

"Nope."

"Uhh...alright. Can you tell us where you came from? It's obvious you're not from Equestria."

"Earth. I arrived in Equestria after I was thrown through an influx...saving my life in the process." She stood up, stretched, and popped her joints. "Whoo, that felt good. What else you wanna know?"

"Where did you learn that kind of magic?" Cadance inquired suspiciously. "Nopony anywhere can convert matter, It's just impossible!"

"Apparently it came with the package," Scootaloo answered, feeling her horn. "Am I really an Alicorn?"

"Yes, you are," Twilight answered happily, ruffling her mane. "And apparently a very POWERFUL one."

"You destroyed Ponyville through a historical event that we are calling The Gargantuan Ponyville Explosion," Luna explained taking a place beside Cadance. "How long have you been able to use magic?"

Scootaloo put a hoof up to her chin, deep in thought. The first time she actually noticed she used magic was when she was six in pony years. But her mother said she was affected by that bolt. Which means...

"All my life," she figured looking back up at them. "Ever since I was born. But I didn't know how to use it. Still don't."

Twilight looked at her confusedly. "But...you were a human."

"Yes."

"And you used magic?"

"Yes!" She yelled. "I was a human that used magic! My parents dabbled in it, and I picked it up, catch up Sparkles!"

"I've never heard of humans experimenting in magic," Twilight explained to the others. Something wasn't adding up here. "And I go there to visit the others all the time."

"Scootaloo, who were your parents?" She smiled softly at Cadance's question, losing her unamused expression. About time someone asked.

"Vanessa and William Carson."

Twilight looked at the rest of the Princesses. "I'll ask Sunset about-"

"But they went by a different name before," she continued, interrupting Twilight. "That one of you supposedly know very well."

"And what were they?" Cadance asked.

"Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus."

"WHAT?!!" They all looked towards Princess Celestia who trotted forward and picked up Scootaloo, looking her over before sitting her back down. "ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE?!!!"

"Yeah, I think I would know my parents' names," Scootaloo stated sarcastically

"Your parents.....were the teachers of Celestia?" Twilight asked carefully.

"Yeah, mom did tell me Celestia asked mom and dad to teach her some magic." Scootaloo looked around the room, trying to place it. "Where am I?"

"P-Ponyville hospital, your parents are the most powerful ponies in Equestria, Scootaloo!" Twilight exclaimed. "Are you not psyched?"

"Well, first of all Twilight.....my parents WERE the most powerful ponies in Equestria. WERE. Fill in the blanks." Twilight immediately lost her gleeful smile. "There's a wall full of their pictures in a special, might I mention PRIVATE, place underground."

"Oh.....my dear friends," Celestia said sadly. Luna draped a wing over her shoulder. "Do you know how...."

Scootaloo shook her head, giving her the answer. "Not really. Dad pushed me through the portal and I didn't see what happened. My mom distracted whoever the heck was disturbing the peace so I didn't get to hear or see anything there either. They had guns and stuff. So....I was expecting the worse."

"What's a gun?" Twilight asked. Scootaloo looked at her confused. "I've been to earth plenty of times, but I've never heard of a gun."

"A gun is a large piece of metal with a functionality to send out a much smaller piece of metal in the shape of a cylinder with a sharpened point. It's reason for use?.....To kill, mame, harm, murder, or delay. If it hits you, it's messy. And they come in different sizes. The smaller ones could kill you. But the much bigger ones will literally rip you to shreds. Those crossbows you have are good. But they're not long range. With a sniper, a very good and expensive one, someone could take your head off your shoulders from maybe...." She looked towards the window and pointed towards the woods and Applejack's farm in the very far distance. "....the edge of the Everfree forest and you'll be on Applejack's farm. And you won't even know it."

The Princesses were looking at her appalled. Somepony had weapons like that?! "I think I have pictures in my books down in the sanctuary. But I have to go get them later. Now......why am I still in here? And what time is it?"

"It's two in the afternoon," Cadance answered. Scootaloo got up and walked to the window next to the bed to see what was going on out there in Ponyville. That crater she woke up in was still visible with the ring of flowers., but besides that, everything else was....normal. Ponies walking around doing whatever, foals and more doing whatever, and the Mayor's office was getting a lot of attention. There was even a heavy guard presence by the alleyway that held her...wait.

"What are they doing?" She asked suspiciously, pointing towards said alley. Celestia looked over towards the direction she pointed.

"Probably investigating the large hole that we found-"

"That was my sanctuary!" She yelled. She turned around, jumped off the bed, and darted out of the room, intent on stopping them. If they find all that stuff, it'll be a huge problem. She ducked underneath the legs of nurses who were walking around, accidentally causing one of the doctors to trip and fall on his side. "Sorry!"

"It's okay, Princess," he groaned, not even bothering to get up. He let his hoof fall to the ground while one of the nurses giggled at him.

Finally reaching the front, Scootaloo slid into the waiting room and nearly bumped into her friends and the Elements of Harmony. "Scootaloo?" Apple Bloom asked. The pony in question jumped over her head and teleported on the other side of the doors, making her way towards the alley nearby. Everyone else looked at each other before they ran after her, a little concerned.

"Back away from the alleyway!" She yelled while crawling out from underneath a stand. "Get away, get away!" The guard ponies looked her way before turning to each other. "WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!!" They jumped and quickly backed away from the hole while she went inside to make sure no one else had gone down. She crawled through the dirt, getting herself dirty once more, and came out on the other side. "GET OUT!!"

The two guards inside jumped and looked her way while she grabbed them in her magic and literally threw them into the exit, pushing them out. "Kid, what are you doing?!" One of them protested.

"You are in my personal sanctuary, now get out!" She shot a bolt of her magic at them, sending them shooting out of the hole and into the air, like a fireball. The other four princesses stared at the projectile soldiers open-mouthed. There was even a freaking smoke trail!

Scootaloo quickly counted all the photos, making sure they didn't take anything. But instead of one hundred twenty one, there was only one hundred twenty. She gasped and sighed. She'll deal with that once she got everything. Grabbing her suitcase she had brought here when she first arrived, she opened it and placed the photographs inside, making sure to be extremely gentle. She was down there for a few minutes before someone called down the tunnel. "Scootaloo?" Sweetie Belle yelled. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I'll be up in a few!" she replied. Once she had every photo and book, she looked around the room, checking to make sure she didn't forget anything. She'll have to set up somewhere else because the sanctuary had been discovered. Not to mention to get her last photograph. Once she was sure she had everything, she levitated the books through the tunnel and out into the air while she carried the suitcase behind her. Flapping her wings, and not realizing it, she soared through it and came out the entrance with a breeze, shocking everyone out there. Which included the elements, the Princesses, her friends, and the guards. She landed and set the suitcase next to the stack of books. "No one goes into my stuff!"

"Sorry, Scootaloo, they didn't know," Twilight apologized. Scootaloo brushed it off and sent a bolt of magic into the hole, filling it with stone that was creating itself. It grew and grew, molding itself to fill the underground cavern before it hit the surface. She tapped her hoof against it to make sure it was solid. Satisfied, she turned to Twilight.

"Where is my other photo? I had two hundred twenty one and now I only have two hundred twenty. One of you have it."

"Well...now that you mention it, Rainbow-"

"Where's my photo, Rainbow?" She interrupted, turning to the pegasus. Rainbow sighed and reached underneath her wing, pulling out a familiar square piece of paper.

"Squirt, can I tell you something?" She asked as she took it back. Scootaloo huffed and looked around, the citizens were sneaking glances but everyone else in the alley had their eyes trained on her.

"I guess," she said.

"Twilight told us about...your parents. And we are very sorry for going into your sanctuary."

"We all are," Applejack said, taking off her hat. "We were just really worried about ya'."

"All of us were," Twilight inputted. "You were running away from the hospital each time they asked about your parents. So we thought the worst. But now that we know, we can help you. Okay?" Scootaloo glanced at her nonchalantly before sighing. They only wanted to help. What was she so scared of?

"Fine. I accept your apology. Now what?"

"Well for one, I'm pretty sure you don't have a place to stay," Rainbow responded, swooping her up and ruffling her mane. Scootaloo laughed and pushed her hoof away. "So, you'll be living with me in the Cloudominium."

"What?! Really?!" She asked excitedly.

"Yep! It's the least I could do for my number one fan! Plus, no offense, 'Princess', but your flying needs work." Scootaloo looked at her strangely. Flying?

"What do you mean flying? I can't fly."

"Scoots, you literally just flew out of that hole," Apple bloom pointed out.

"And you were flying while rebuilding Ponyville," one of the guards added.

"Scootaloo," Rainbow said. "You....were flying. Look at your wings." She pointed to her sides at the orange appendages that were at full length instead of their usual small size. The filly turned and gasped, finally spotting the wings. She lifted them up and down repeatedly, eventually flapping them hard enough that she was hovering in the air.

"I'm...I'm flying?" She asked quietly. "I'M FLYING!" She flew out of the alley like a bee. Going here and there, and eventually finding her head stuck into the side of Applejack's Apple stand.

"You know, I hate to say this," Rainbow chuckled, walking over to help pull the young Alicorn out of the wood. "But you were flying much better when you didn't realize you were actually flying."


After successfully getting her head out of the wood, at which Applejack waved off the damage, they helped her pack up and get ready to move to the mansion in the sky that was Rainbow Dash's home. But first, Celestia had to tell her something.

"Scootaloo?" She said, grabbing her attention from in front of the hospital. She looked away from her suitcases that were being placed onto the chariot to the princess. "We will be looking for more relatives that are related to Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus. And we will ask you more about the specifics of the influx so we can have some more rules and regulations in place for experimentation with magic."

"Alright!" Scootaloo agreed. She hopped on Rainbow Dash's back since she didn't really know how to fly yet. "So....what happens to me then?"

"Only time will tell. I promise you will be safe. We will also be checking your body for any health issues since I doubt you've ever been to a doctor here in Equestria. Am I right?" Scootaloo nodded. "Alright, we will setup an appointment with the doctor in Ponyville for you. In the meantime, enjoy yourself with Rainbow Dash. I know you want to."

Before she could respond, Rainbow took off, leaving her screaming and the guards to follow after with her things, headed towards the cloudominium. Twilight walked towards the other Princesses as they watched them fly away. "So...what now?" She asked.

"We work, you research," Luna answered, turning to her. "Research that spell. And we will try to find out more information on her parents' death. It could not have been a pretty one." Twilight nodded and made her way back to the Castle of Friendship with the rest of the Elements, except for Rainbow Dash, while the other Princesses discussed.

"It will be easy to find her relatives," Celestia said. "Two of them I know live in the Crystal Empire. Her aunt and cousins."

"You know them personally?" Cadance inquired.

"No, but her aunt is holding onto the possessions of Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus. I will give you their address so you can give them the message. Saying that their niece is alive and back in Equestria. She will be saddened by her sister's death and will more than likely become even worse when she sees Scootaloo. She resembles her so much. Entirely actually."

"Anything else you need?"

"Not at the moment. But I have a feeling this is even bigger than we think. I want some guards around Scootaloo's place of residence at all times."



Once they reached the home, Scootaloo jumped off Rainbow Dash's back and landed on the cloud. "I can't believe I'm living with you!" She yelled happily. Rainbow chuckled while she grabbed the suitcases and the box of books out the back of the chariot, and made her way to the door. She pushed it open and walked inside the cloud home with Scootaloo right behind her. The home was tall, obviously because Dash loved the heights.

She poked the cloudy surface with a hoof before she just walked and looked around while Rainbow took her things up to her room. "So this is your house?" She said after her.

"Yep! This is where I live, little buddy!" She set her things down on the floor in her room before she turned around and headed back downstairs. "You hungry? I got some food for you if you are." She looked out the door to see the guards gone before she went into the kitchen to make some lunch.

"Yeah, Rainbow Dash!" Rainbow chuckled and got started on lunch while Scootaloo adventured around the home some more. She was more than likely going to enjoy it there. She ran up the stairs and looked out from the balcony, looking at the beautiful scenery. It was so peaceful, she could probably sleep out here. She tore herself away from the view and went into the four rooms on that hallway. One of them was obviously the bathroom, then there was the closet. Another was obviously Rainbow Dash's, based off of the massive amount of Wonderbolt posters and Daring Do books on the bookshelves. She'd never thought she'd see the day that Rainbow dash was reading. She would have to catch her in the act first though to make that come to fruition.

And the last one was her room. Her suitcases and books were on the floor which meant she had to unpack and stack up. So she did just that.

She unbuckled her suitcase and flipped it open, sighing at the photographs staring back at her. She grabbed one of them in her magic, taking note of the fact that her magical aura was orange, and looked at the image closely. It was of her mother and father in the hospital when she was born. She looked so innocent when she was young. A baby. She and her mother shared the exact same looks. Except the hair. It's like her father barely got a word in. Poor guy.

Scootaloo chuckled at the memory before she looked down at the rest of them. She'd need like a piece of wood to pin them on. She wasn't going to take a chance with the pictures being attached to vapor in the air. It would ruin them. These are all she has left of her family and she wasn't going to let this go. She was going to hang onto it as much as she can. And nobody was going to take it away from her.



The second Celestia, Luna, and Cadance touched down in Canterlot, they were swarmed with questions from everyone. Royalty, government officials, and general overall citizens. Celestia held up a hoof quieting the large crowd of ponies. There had to be over two hundred waiting for them. She cleared her voice before speaking in her royal canterlonian tongue.

"Hello, my little ponies!" She yelled. "Yes, there was an explosion of extremely high magnitudes in Equestria. More specifically, in the historic town of Ponyville. It was by a violent transformation of a Pegasus who transformed into an Alicorn!" A lot more questions were swung their way before Luna took the floor.

"We will deliver more details soon on the explosion! Right now, we are busy! So leave us at once!" The large swarm of ponies obeyed her command and left the Equestrian royalty to talk.

"Cadance, I need you to head back to the Crystal Empire and inform a pony named Molten Fire that we have news on her sister and her family." Cadance nodded before she got back in the chariot. The guards took off to deliver her back to the kingdom, leaving Celestia with Luna and Prince Blueblood.

"Aunty Luna and Celestia, what exactly went on to cause that gigantic explosion?" He asked.

"A filly with power that rivals our own has ascended to an alicorn through a very violent stage that we are calling The Ponyville Gargantuan Explosion," Luna informed him. He looked at them in disbelief.

"A child?! You're joking." The Princesses looked at him with no expression making his mouth part open. "You're serious?! A filly caused an explosion of that magnitude?!"

"And wiped out the town in the process," Celestia added. "Then she rebuilt it through a spell that we thought was never possible to create. The Fluid Matter Conversion. The spell that has been deemed impossible. She destroyed the town and rebuilt it like it was a piece of cake." Prince Blueblood was staring at her with his mouth to the ground in shock.

"We have also learned that she is the daughter of Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus. Two of my many teachers."

"The same ones that went missing?!" He asked, recalling that mystery.

"The very same," Luna confirmed. They made their way into the castle with the Prince right behind them. "We are locating her relatives now so she can meet them. She is a new princess, but a very young one still that has school tomorrow. I wonder how that will go."

"The children will more than likely scoot their desks away from her," Blueblood figured. They walked through the doors and made their way towards the archives. "Foals are mean."

"Yes, they are." Celestia stopped at the door to the archives and put her horn into the hole, sending in her magic and unlocking the door. Once it pushed open slightly, she pulled it open the rest of the way to reveal a large two floor library filled with documents and a table in the middle. They walked forward heading towards the table while Luna lit her horn, scanning all the documents in the room. Eventually, she found what she was looking for. She grabbed the scrolls in her magic and placed them down on the table in front of her, looking at them.

"These are the official missing ponies report for Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus," she said while unrolling the scroll. It displayed two ponies, very young. Young adults. One of them was a pony, a pegasus mare, with orange skin, short blue hair, and Magenta eyes. The other was a pegasus stallion with yellow skin, blue eyes, and short red hair. "These are the legendary ponies, Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus. They went missing nearly forty years ago. We have now learned of their location."

"Where?" Blueblood asked, looking at the documents.

"Earth." He glanced up, having no idea where that is. "It is an alternate dimension similar to this one. But instead of ponies, they have humans. Bipedal creatures with fingers and toes."

"They walk on two hooves?"

"Feet, my nephew," Celestia corrected. She reached towards the table and grabbed a pen and inkwell. "Oh, how I hate doing this." Her sister placed a wing over her before she wrote on the scroll: "Update: As of April 12th, 2018, it has been declared that ponies Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus are deceased. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna." She put her signature on a line before she passed it to her sister, allowing her to grab hold and sign her name as well.

"Now that that is over with, we can now focus on the aftermath and documentation of these events," Celestia declared while Luna rolled up the scroll and put it back in place. The three walked back towards the entrance slowly while she spoke. "Such as the Explosion, Scootaloo's appearance and ascension, and the biography of Bright Magnus and Frozen Fire. Her sister will have photos of her and her husband. I just wish I knew how they went."

"We all do, sister," Luna consoled. "We all do." The three walked out the door before Celestia closed it back with a bang, leaving it once more in darkness.



Cadance landed back in the Crystal Empire, spotting her husband with Flurry heart on his back talking to his sergeant out front. The second they landed, he glanced her way and dismissed the guard to go and check her out.

"So what happened? What was that big explosion?" He asked once they were walking up into the castle. Flurry jumped off his back and latched herself onto her mother's neck.

"Oh! Hello, sweetie!" She greeted, giving her daughter a nuzzle. Flurry gave a happy fawn before she positioned herself on her back. "As for your question, it was a filly." Shining stared at her confusedly. "A filly went through a violent ascension in Ponyville that wiped out the entire town."

"WHAT?! IS TWILIGHT-"

"She and everypony else is alive and well, Shining." The stallion calmed down before they walked into the throne room and she continued. "But the filly is the descendant of the two most powerful ponies in Equestria that Celestia knew personally. Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus. And apparently one of the top unsolved cases of disappearances in Equestria." She stopped and turned to him. "Celestia wants me to track down a pony by the name of Molten Fire-"

"I know who that is!" Shining exclaimed, shocking her and Flurry so much she almost fell off her mother's back, and would've if she didn't grab her neck in time. "Oh, sorry. But Molten Fire is a librarian here in the Empire. Her and her family moved here from Canterlot years ago. Her brother's actually a friend of mine."

"Do you know where they live?"

"Yep, not even that far from here. There's a residential district right around the corner."

"Could you grab them for me? The whole family. This is a family deal. They are going to need each other."


A bunch of laughter came from the back yard of a two story home a little ways from the Castle of the Crystal Empire, along with music, splashing, and water flying everywhere. A mare with a golden coat, golden eyes, and a white mane and tail was speaking to her twin sister, a mare with a dark blue coat, golden eyes and a white mane and tail. Golden Flutter and Blue Wave, two twins who help out in the library whenever they can where their mother, a pony by the name of Molten Fire, works. The head of the library actually. At this moment she was relaxing in a beach chair, looking up at the sky with sunglasses. Her red coat was lathered in sunscreen, her magenta hair slicked back with moisturizer. The sun would dry out her hair for some reason, it never made any sense.

Right next to her was an older mare. Her mother who had a white coat, and a light red mane and tail. She was in the same position as her daughter. Leaning in a beach chair with her sunscreen on, along with some sunglasses, trying to drown out the splashing of the only stallion in the pool. He was currently just relaxing on the edge. A Pegasus with a dark blue coat and magenta eyes and tail.

"Dense Seas!" He opened his magenta eyes and looked behind him at his mother. "Go and get me a drink, will ya'?" He sighed, flew out of the water, and shook his coat, spraying water all over the mares there.

"Uncle Seas!" The twins yelled in protest. He chuckled and made his way into the home.

"Sorry girls, you got in the way of the crossfire!" He laughed. He walked through the patio doors and opened the cooler, grabbing a soda can with his wing before he started to make his way back towards the "beach". Before he walked through the patio doors, someone knocked at the front door. Loudly. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked towards the patio doors. He turned before he set down the coke and made his way towards the door with a grin. Gotta impress the masses.

He pulled the door open and lost his grin. "Uhh... Hello, Captain."

"Hello, Dense Seas," Shining Armor greeted. He was flanked by two Royal Guards beside him. "Equestrian Royalty is requesting you and your family's presence at the castle at once."

"Sure. Come in. I'll go and grab them." The three guards walked into the house and sat by the door while he went and did just that. A few minutes later the ponies were ready. They all walked out the door and got into the chariots where they were then pulled towards the castle.

"Excuse me, Captain," Molten Fire said, catching his attention. "But why exactly were we requested?"

"I'm not entirely sure myself, Ms. Fire," he responded. "But I know it has to do with The Gargantuan Explosion that everypony in Equestria has seen." That got their attention. They glanced at each other before the chariot stopped in front of the castle doors, letting them out.

They walked through the halls, eventually coming to a stop at the throne room doors, where there was some commotion behind it. "OW! Flurry Heart! You sit down right now, young lady! No, not on my face!" Shining chuckled before he pushed the doors open, revealing the chaotic scene. Cadance was running around, trying to catch the little alicorn flying through the air the guards by her throne was just standing there with stoic expressions, like it was an everyday thing.

"You know, Twilight could have grabbed her by now," Shining commented. Flurry Heart stopped and stared at her father before squealing and flying towards him. "Nonononono-!" She latched onto his face, sending him flying back and crashing into the other guards. The twins were trying their hardest not to laugh before the Princess got their attention.

"I am so sorry about that," she apologized, taking a seat on her throne. They looked forward and gave her their attention before Shining walked back inside and closed the doors behind him, Flurry still on his face. "I am glad that you are here."

"Well your summons were quite sudden," the grandmother, Lava Heart, commented.

"Yes, how can we help you, your highness?" Molten Fire asked. Princess Cadance sighed.

"Earlier today, there was an explosion in the historic town of Ponyville which completely wiped it off the map and a few neighboring areas like the Everfree Forest," she said, making them all gasp. "There were no deaths, but there were scrapes and bruises. And some other health issues. The explosion sent ponies that couldn't fly thousands of feet into the air where they plummeted back down onto completely dead and dried land."

"How?! What happened?!" Blue Wave, one of the twins, asked.

"The explosion was actually an extremely violent...ascension." They all got a confused look on their face. "A filly by the name of Scootaloo unexpectedly went from a pegasus with a wing deformity to a young Alicorn. We have no idea how or why."

"So a filly, a child, somehow destroyed and totaled an entire town?" Dense Seas inquired, making sure he wasn't going crazy.

"Yes, but not only did she destroy it. But she also rebuilt it within a matter of thirty minutes through a spell that we thought was impossible. Called Fluid Matter Conversion. She changed the lifeless dirt on the ground into buildings, grass, and other things, completely rebuilding the town."

"Wait a second, I know that spell!" Molten Fire said. "Nopony has been able to do it! It's impossible!"

"Not for her. Do you know who created that spell?"

"Yes, my sister. Ponies have said that is was useless."

Princess Cadance nodded. "Okay. Well the reason we have all called you here is because that filly is actually.....the daughter of your sister." Everyone got quiet while they tried to process that information.

"Are you....are you sure about that, your highness?" Dense Seas asked.

"She has told us herself that she was the daughter of Frozen Fire and Bright Magnus. We have no way of verifying it except, according to Celestia, that she looks exactly like Frozen Fire. Her name is Scootaloo. Resident pony in Ponyville and the only pony able to actually start and finish the Fluid Matter Conversion."

"Where is she now?" Lava Heart asked. The others, especially the twins, were also interested in who the child was.

"She is currently resting at the home of Rainbow Dash. The only pony to complete the Sonic Rainboom. Residing above Ponyville."

"Are we allowed to see her?" Both of the twins asked.

"I am not entirely sure, but i will ask Celestia about it. Now about your sister and her husband..." They all listened closely. "They have been declared deceased by Celestia, as well as Scootaloo herself, who said they gave up their lives to save hers. We do not know the specifics of what happened, and I do not think she does either. She said she was pushed through a portal and sent here I believe six or seven years ago, I'm not sure. And that was the last time she saw her parents. She has apparently been living alone and underneath our noses this whole time. Until the explosion." They all got a little sad before Lava took over for her daughter.

"Where did she come from?"

"A place called Earth. Celestia will more than likely fill you in on the details when you are allowed to see her. Until then, I wish you all have a good day."

Author's Note:

This chapter took five hours to write. I hope you enjoyed it!