• Published 13th Apr 2018
  • 3,188 Views, 55 Comments

Mystery Scootaloo - thedarktome



After years of living in Ponyville, it took one mother's day for it to arise and be noticed...by her idol. Of course it confused her as to why it took this long. Where are your parents? She was not going to believe the story of the filly's origin.

  • ...
10
 55
 3,188

Chapter 13 - Unknown Questions Answered

A bright flash appeared in a nearby neighborhood by Canterlot High once Team Equestria came back into view. They all immediately looked around before Celestia declared it clear, allowing them all to relax and take a breather. Luna huffed in relief, then lifted a hand and placed it on Scootaloo's shoulder to give her a much appreciated rub. "Good job, Princess," she praised. "None of us saw them coming."

"Oh I didn't either," she replied, confusing the group once more. "I just know people because I've been living with them all my life. They were watching us, possibly recording with audio and video equipment to see if anyone else can use magic. They know Celestia and I can, and possibly the wannabe twins." Everyone turned towards the two Twilights who blushed and looked at something else. Princess Twilight muttered something about being her own twin. "Now. We have to get back to my house—"

"—WHICH could now be occupied my a new tenant," Rarity reminded her. "And everything else that was found inside could be thrown away."

Scootaloo chuckled and shook her head in disagreement, swinging around her straight dark green hair. "Oh no. Uh uh. You have to have some magic to even pull down the stairs. Let alone open the door to get inside. We live on the top floor and had the luxury of having an attic. I'll tell you all about that later."

Twilight lit her hands and prepared to teleport. "Well let's go!... But where?" She asked.

Scootaloo looked around and motioned towards the street. "Well first we have to get out of here. We're really exposed right now. I want to try and teleport." She closed her eyes and prepared the spell, ignoring Princess Twilight's protests. Then they all disappeared in a black shadow. A few seconds later, the group reappeared in a column of black smoke, frozen in fear and shivering. Scootaloo looked around for anyone, then pointed towards the five story apartment building.

"We're here," she whispered. "Sunlight Apartments. Now...oh, come on guys it wasn't that bad." Everyone was shivering and hugging themselves with a face of surprise.

Rarity stuttered and commented, "I-it was...i-it was s-so c-c-cold. W-What was that?"

"My magic," Scootaloo answered with a straight face. "I used Dark Magic because I'm more used to it than regular magic."

Celestia waved her hand and said, "P-Please use regular magic."

"Yeah, whatever. Now come on, it's getting dark." The group looked around to see that it was indeed past Sunset, evident by the sky's purple glow.

Pinkie gasped and pointed at the sky, then the girls in front of her. "Hey, it's twilight, Twilight, and Princess Twilight. Three TWILIGHTS!"

Scootaloo rolled her eyes, already used to Pinkie's antics before she pointed towards a certain window at the apartment building. "That's the apartment. I can't remember the layout of the apartment, so we'll have to walk up there. No more wasting time." Princess Twilight nodded and ran towards the open stairwell in the middle of the apartments, followed by everyone else. They cautiously tip toed and walked along carefully while keeping a close eye out for any movement. The wooden boards creaked underneath their feet as they moved, attempting to be as quiet as possible. They stopped and backed down into the stairwell when someone's door opened. A small dog walked out to use the bathroom on a nearby plant on the third floor. He lifted up his leg and let it rip.

Applejack and Rarity looked at each other with the same look and question. On the third floor? The dog finished up and walked back through the doorway, which closed a second later. Princess Twilight rolled her eyes as they crept out the stairwell they were in and made their way towards the last one. "I'm not going to ask," she mouthed behind her.

Luna shook her finger and commented, "Wise choice." They all walked up the last stairwell and Twilight peeked her head over the top. It was clear, so she made a hand signal to those behind her. Scootaloo crept out first and tip toed over to the door.

"It doesn't seem occupied," she whispered to the others as they tip toed over. "There's a note right here that says government property. It's closed off. But the door's locked. Hopefully there's a spare key in the light." Celestia shot her a confused glance before Scootaloo reached up into the lamp by the door and began to dig under the shade. Eventually she smiled and nodded. "Yeah, the key's right here." She pulled back her hand, holding a small silver key attached to some elastic string that pulled with Scootaloo's hand as she pulled it down. Once in position, she inserted it in the door's key hole. Twisting and unlocking it. She let the key go to fly and slide back into the lamp. Then pushed the rest of the door open. Revealing her past life.


Sunset had her feet spread to keep her balance after they took away the last packet of blood to keep herself from falling over. After the intense electrocution inside "The Box", it was like her mind changed. Before, she stood strong. Keeping her and the real Equestria safe by enduring what she could. But after being inside that cold, dark, completely lifeless and silent space, she knew she was never leaving. That they would keep her there until they got what they wanted, and used her for another experiment. As EX006. Alone. She was branded earlier by a sharpie on the back in between her shoulders. No one knew where she was she realized. You can't find someone who wasn't supposed to be here in the first place. So she gave up. Sunset Shimmer no longer existed. The vibrant yellow skin, teal eyes, and curly bouncy hair had all changed. Her skin was a sickly pale yellow, her teal eyes nearly gray, and her hair every which way from the electrocution. Not to mention the large bites of flesh all over her body, sticking out like black paint on a white T-shirt. Especially the one on her forehead which was bigger that the rest. Since she had a horn, they believed her magic came from there. So they took a much larger sample.

The main lab coat strode forward and gave her a smile. "Good job, EX006," he praised. "It's nearly dark. So you'll have to go to sleep. Understand?"

"Yes," Sunset replied in a monophonic tone.

"Okay. Arms to the side." Sunset let both of her arms drop down before one of the lab coats led her back towards the cage on the side. They placed her softly inside and locked it behind her. Her stomach growled, but she didn't even flinch or move. "Try to get some good night's sleep, EX006. We'll be back in the morning." He stuffed the keys to the lock in his pocket while she took a seat on the hard floor and leaned against the metal in the small cell. The lab coats had cleaned up the room and sanitized everything before they cut off the lights. Then opened the door, stepped out, and locked it back. The only source of light was the light seeping in from the bottom of the door in the hallway. Sunset focused on that for awhile, a few small thoughts plaguing her mind. Like Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes, No, anything for Equestria.

"Anything...for...Equestria," she whispered. "Anything for...this room." She blinked, trying to stay awake for a little while longer. Then smiled weakly at one of the small empty containers sitting on the counter. She started giggling at it. "Anything for you. I can't wait for tommorow.....so I learn more about friendship."

She kept silent again, listening to the clock ticking by on the wall. "Dear...Princess...Twilight...today I learned.....," she whispered before clocking out against the metal bars.


Scootaloo's old home was a crime scene. Yellow tape lined the kitchen. Number cards lined broken glass in the kitchen, the smashed television in the living room, the multiple bullet holes, and the massive dark brown spot on the carpet. Rarity softly shut and locked the door back after everyone walked in, and then looked around in shock with them.

Scootaloo stared at the brown space with no expression for a while, realizing what it was before. It was unmistakable. Even after all these years. She swallowed hard and ignored the arm Rainbow Dash wrapped around her. She quickly brushed it off and motioned towards the hallway. "Let's..L-Let's just..." She chose just to walk past the blood stain and get it done, ignoring the looks of sympathy she could feel hitting her back. Flicking on the hall light, she looked up at a large steel door in the ceiling. There was a small hole in the front of it, but she couldn't reach it. Evident by her pitiful jumping. She needed a chair. Looking around, she opened up a wooden door that led into her old room and walked over to her desk while the others gathered around to look at the ceiling.

"Definitely something about that door," Princess Twilight whispered.

"Move." They looked towards the room where Scootaloo was standing, holding a metal chair with tears coming down her face. They did and allowed her through so she could set down the chair and then climb on top of it.

"Scootaloo—"

"Shut up, Twilight," Scootaloo interrupted while feeling the door.

"Scootaloo, I know—"

"Shut up!" She yelled down to her with an icy glare, taking them all by surprise. Scootaloo blinked away the tears then focused back on the door. She stuck her index finger into the shall hole and put in some light magic, flowing over the lines embedded on the door, invisible to the naked eye. A mess of bright moving lines crawled away from the point and hit the sides of the steel door while Scootaloo got down. Then grabbed the chair and took it back into her room. The steel door lowered slowly and quietly to reveal a thick pair of metal stairs.

Scootaloo walked over and stood in her bedroom doorway, observing the action with everyone else. Once it hit, they all looked towards her. Scootaloo motioned with her head towards the top of the stairs, then turned back and walked into her room, shutting the door behind her. Sighing in sadness, she walked forward and stopped in the middle of the room to look around. The entire area was dug through, that much was obvious. The closet door's open, drawers out, clothes thrown out, bed and pillow cut open. All of this...because of her. She ran forward, pulled her foot back and kicked a large hole in the wall by the window. "Stupid...just stupid!" She yelled. Then grabbed the desk and put a slight mix of dark magic into it. It broke down into a bunch of weak splinters and chips. Then picked the chair up with one hand and tossed it to the side. It hit the carpet and rolled over a few feet. Scootaloo walked over to the bed and leaned on it, sobs wracking her body. She wanted to scream. She wanted to scream so bad.

But she settled down for falling on her knees and burying her face into her bed sheets, sobbing. "Mom....dad....I'm home," she whispered.

***

Princess Twilight gasped in wonder and joy at all the bookshelves filled with notebooks, labeled Experiment with a four digit number. "Oh. My. Celestia!" The others all shared a knowing smirk as the Princess of Friendship ran eagerly into the room and flipped on a switch, filling the dimly lit room with a bright light and revealing the one hundred something experiments. Twilight grabbed a random one and flipped it open. "Double Spectrum Enhancer?! What the hay is that?! I have to know, I have to know!!"

Celestia chuckled and looked around with her, along with everyone else. "I know you'd love to sightsee Twilight, but we're on a mission here," Cadance reminded her before grabbing another notebook.

"Read! Right! Magical Detector, Magical Detector!" She grabbed a whole bunch of the works and pulled them off the shelf. Then sat them down into a pile on the floor to get started. The others did the same thing and created a circle with the experiments beside them, all reading for something similar to Magical Detector. The atmosphere serene and quiet like a library.

After around twenty minutes, Applejack asked quietly, "How do you think she's doin'?"

Rainbow sighed and placed another finished notebook in the middle of the circle. "Sunset or Scootaloo?"

"Both."

Before she could answer, they all heard a glass plate or something shatter downstairs. "Stupid bucking people! Selfish!"

Rainbow picked up another notebook. "That answers that question. And Sunset? There is absolutely no way to tell. She said she would go with them because she didn't want Equestria to look like monsters. From what I understand Equestria was peaceful during the talks. But these guys had ill intentions all along. Sort of like the Native Americans versus the US. So they could be doing anything to her right now. 'She has no human rights.'"

They all tightened their lips, trying to get horrible, but still possible images out of their minds before a black shadow appeared behind Twilight. Rainbow yelped and fell back while everyone just stared at Scootaloo. She was holding a belt of some sort in one hand and a large bag in the other. "What'd you find?" She whispered down to them.

"Err..." Twilight cleared her throat and then adjusted her glasses. "Nothing just yet. We just got started nearly thirty minutes ago. Uhhh...what did you find?"

Scootaloo just glanced up from the belt but didn't respond. Instead she set down the bag and made her way over to a specific shelf while clicking the belt around her waist. Rainbow happened to look down and widen her eyes at the adornments on it. "Scootaloo—"

"Don't even, Rainbow. They want to use Equestria's power against me? Well I'm going to do the same thing."

"Where did you even get an automatic pistol?!" Applejack exclaimed.

"Dad's room. For emergencies only. This is definitely an emergency. Found what we were looking for." She opened one of the notebooks wider and gave it to Princess Twilight. "Go nerd for me, will ya'? You guys were going all over the place and didn't even look at the color system over there." She motioned towards a large banner on the far side of the room that Cadance immediately recognized as a legend. Blue for Spells, Red for Battle Magic, Yellow For Detectors and so much more.

Princess Twilight looked at the pages while Scootaloo made her way back downstairs with the large bag. Rainbow could only guess what was inside of that. "This is it!" Princess Twilight announced. "Okay! It's called an EED, an Equestrian Energy Detector. Experiment 2439. Bright Magnus wrote some notes down." She cleared her throat and read aloud, "'After four months of no success, my wife and I have decided to recreate magic. However, before we do, we will try and detect magic by detecting the Energy output the same way doctors and mages alike would measure the magic from a unicorn's horn. Pulse waves. After reading and understanding technology on this world, we believe the sure way of detecting magic would be a large disc.' Scootaloo is sooo smart when she wants to be," she commented before continuing. "'All we need is a very sensitive sensor. However we do not have the needed materials to create a high powered sensor here on Earth. So it would be very difficult to find any energy signatures even within a five hundred mile radius. The farthest we could reach was ten miles. Until we get these materials, the project has been declared to be in hiatus: 1) Yellow Diamond. 2) Red quarts.'"

Twilight grabbed the notebook out of the Princess' hands and flipped through it anxiously. "So...they never finished it?!"

"Apparently not," Celestia answered. "What does it look like? Any pictures?" Twilight nodded and turned it around so the group could see the photographs attached. It was of a small disk with a pole in the middle that looked to be attached to a bunch of wires and display screens. "That definitely took them awhile to make."

"Months," Luna agreed. "However, we don't have months. We only have hours. We need to find it. Is there a note for its location?"

Twilight flipped around and stopped at the back. "Yeah. Location. 0973736778? Where in Canterlot is that?"

Rainbow Dash stood up and brushed off her blue jeans. "Maybe Scootaloo knows?" She slowly made her way back towards and down the stairs, already dreading this. But she knew someone had to ask. The second she walked into Scootaloo's room she gasped and ran forward to grab the shotgun out of Scootaloo's surprised hands.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" She asked angrily.

"Scoots, I know you're upset, but shooting someone is not going to bring them back," Rainbow said sternly. Scootaloo growled and pulled back her arm, preparing to punch the girl in the face. But she hesitated and just stared at her. She couldn't hit Rainbow Dash. She wasn't Equestria's but she was a twin sister of it.

"Squirt, look." Rainbow softly and calmly set the gun on the floor and bent down to unbuckle the belt holding the pistol on her waist. "I know you're angry. We're all angry. Every last person in this room, inside this building we're not supposed to be in. But we're doing it to save someone, not take someone's life." She dropped the belt and holster next to the shotgun. "What would your mother say if she saw you pointing a weapon, like that shotgun, in someone's face? She would not be happy. At all. Scootaloo? Sunset is in wherever the heck she is because she wanted Equestria to not look like monsters. We're not. Don't let your anger make you do something you'll regret."

Scootaloo stared at her for a moment before she walked back and sat down on the bed, looking at the guns. "I just...each time I walk out there...I see everything that...." She stuttered quietly. "I get...angry. Look." She stood up and walked out the room and past the others who were standing in the hall watching the altercation. She stopped in the living room and pointed towards a small photograph sitting right by the door they hadn't noticed before. It was of the Carson family picnic with Scootaloo being held around the waist by both of her parents at the age of sixteen with her parents on both sides of her, all wearing gleaming smiles. Princess Cadance could tell the love was immense between that family.

Scootaloo walked towards it and picked it up, staring at the image like it was the most beautiful thing she's ever seen. "This was a picnic or reunion...something that happened days before...this." She gestured to everything around her. "How did something that involve a peaceful atmosphere at a lake, a park, and more go to...to this? The reason I'm crying..." She sniffed and wiped a stray tear from her eye. "Is because......I remember. I remember every single thing that happened that night. It changed my life forever. Dad didn't open the rift...I did."

Celestia looked at her in surprise. "What?"

Scootaloo made her way towards the couch and took a seat, recalling everything that happened while staring at the floor. "The moment I saw everything in here it all flooded back to me. I was sitting in my room watching TV when dad burst in and said, 'Come on, Lareen. We have to go.' I looked at him confused. Go where? I didn't ask him because he was in a serious state of mind. I never mess with him during those times. So I just grabbed my jacket and shoes.

"He told me to hurry up and grab my scooter. I was definitely confused then because I don't do sports at ten at night. But I did that night. After I got everything we left my room and into the living room. Mom instantly scooped me into the tightest hug that I'm so...oh so happy I remember. She kissed me on the forehead, looked me in the eyes, and told me we'll meet again some day. I started to ask what she was talking about, but dad was pulling me out the door. We ran out that door and down these wooden steps as fast as we could. I ended up just trying to catch up with dad while holding onto my scooter." Scootaloo got up and walked towards the windows. So Rarity cut off the lamp. She opened the blinds and motioned towards an alley right across. "We ran through there and continued to run. Not stopping for a second. At that moment, my magic began acting up. I teleported a few feet in front of dad and reappeared in the path of a car.

"Well whoever was in it stepped out and told me to freeze and pointed something at me that I now realize was a gun. Well dad told me to use that Scooter. I chose the option two. I unfolded it and rushed through another alley with dad right behind me, ignoring the gunshots. He was running right next to me at full speed—I could ride really fast—and placed the duffel bag of pictures and books over my shoulders. Then he told me raise my hand and do something, I can't remember his words exactly. Anyway a bunch of light shot out of my hand and formed into a rift in the middle of the street after another alley. But by some unnatural force, the scooter hit something and I went flying off.

"So Dad turned into Super Dad and immediately picked me up, told me he loved me, and threw me straight through the rift. I saw the smile on his face before I only saw the mix of colors in the wormhole. Then I felt everything about me change when I landed in the Whitetail Woods. I sat up and looked at myself and noticed that I was a foal. Like Cup Cake and Carrot Cake. I could walk, think, and everything. And I was thinking...what happened?

"I walked around while pulling the bag of books and pictures behind me with my teeth. Then...I spotted Ponyville. And all of you ponies. I still had no idea what was going on, so I just...laid down and watched the town, the pegasi flying around, the Unicorns using magic that made me realize I could do what they could. But a lot differently. I noticed I had wings but I couldn't use them. I think it was because of my magic. It was incomplete. I stayed and I waited. Waiting for mom and dad. They would never show up. During the day, I would stay in Whitetail underneath a tree and in the evening I'd sneak into town to get food. It wasn't until years later through many bitter colds and steaming summers that I my magic reactivated. One day I was walking through the woods eating one of Applejack's Apples when I had a huge migraine and yelled. It took out half of those woods, leaving it gray and lifeless. A few years later, I meet Rainbow Dash. And everyone else, including Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. Then...I start my life over in Equestria as a flightless pegasus. Then an Alicorn. The rest you already know.

"My life was changed forever...from a person with a family and love, to an orphan without a home for eleven years because those people want power. And they killed my parents for it. And possibly doing something worse to Sunset Shimmer. All for something they more than likely can never use."

"Which makes it even more imperative that we find her," Celestia whispered as she walked over and stood next to her. "I am very sorry Scootaloo that you had to go through all of that and we did not know. We could have helped you."

Scootaloo looked back out the window and shrugged. "Well...I turned out alright. I survived, right?"

"Heck yeah, you did!" Rainbow reached over and ruffled Scootaloo's straight green hair. "You look like a weird orange, by the way!"

Scootaloo reached up and knocked her arm away. "What are you talking about? I look great! I didn't like it before, but it grew on me within, like, two hours."

"You're welcome," Rarity muttered.

"Scootaloo, I promise that when we get Sunset back," Princess Twilight said, catching her attention. "We're going to get justice for your parents. Because what they're doing is completely unlawful, immoral, and wrong on so many accounts. And they have absolutely no say so. You have my word."

Scootaloo smiled and nodded. "Thanks, Twilight."

"You're welcome. We could use your help right now." She grabbed and put the book in front of Scootaloo's face and pointed to the weird numbers. "It's a location, but we can't figure it out." Scootaloo grabbed the book and looked it over, then back at the numbers. "I guess you can't either huh?"

"Oh no, I know what it is. It's just...it's been so long. Hold on." Scootaloo walked away with the book in her hand and made her way behind the broken living room TV. She grabbed it and tilted it over, looking underneath it. The dresser it was on contained small patch on top with another small steel door with a hole on it. She put in her finger and sent in a pinch of her magic, popping it open. Next she reached inside and pulled out a steel box with another small hole in the top and set it to the side to place the TV back. She walked back over with the book in one hand, and the box in the other. "Okay. So the system was this. At night, after my parents had created something new, they would need a place to store all of their experiments. However, they couldn't store it here in this apartment. Some were really big while others were as small as Pinkie's...pinkie. Anyway." She set the book down on the couch and held out the steel box on her hand for them to see. She stuck her finger in and it popped open while she continued. "They needed an outside place to store them. So, they would create codes using...phone numbers. The location of that phone number would be where that experiment was stored in a five yard radius of the location. The size of the item decreed whether it got a secure box or not. If so, the secure box would need a key."

She flipped the box over, letting over fifty small keys fall to the carpet. Small enough to be for a locker. "At first they only wanted it to be unlocked with magic. But mom recommended keys too just in case they made some friends or something. The reason I know all of this was...because I made the system."

Everyone looked at her in disbelief. "You made this system?!" They all asked.

"How?" Princess Celestia asked. "how could you make something so...specific?"

"Well I initially made the idea of using the phone numbers and placing the item by the number's location. My parents were the ones that added all the security. Another secret I never told you, but that Twilight probably realized, is that here on Earth my parents didn't have magic. They had to recreate it. But almost everything in here is spelled. Which means..." She gestured with her hand for them to try and figure it out. Instead they all just stared at her. "Okay, fine! I'll explain it! My mom and dad came here with no magic. Why, I don't know. I didn't want to hurt my head trying to figure it out. I think the rift did it—UGGGH, I don't wanna hurt my head, stop it! Okay, so they came here with no magic. But while in the midst of creating another experiment, the Sandman experiment that allows me to successfully complete the Fluid Matter conversion, it went off and hit me while I was in my mom's womb. Now answer this question. What happens when you do...'bad things' when pregnant?"

"Oh, the child can become disabled," Applejack answered. "Permanently, more than likely."

"Right. Well, I think that spell did something to my body that allows me to recreate magic constantly like it's nothing and also gave me a lot of magic at the same time. For example. At this moment, I am building up magic like Rainbow Dash is slowly filling up a water balloon. And it goes on, and on, and on, and on. Now that means I can create magic like I want to. I didn't know I could back then, but my parents did. So, they used me for their experiments. Including creating items that none of you have questioned. The doors." She motioned towards the steel door that led up to the attic. "This box." She motioned towards the small box in her hand that was holding the keys before. "And these keys." She reached down and picked up three of the keys, which looked exactly the same. "These are copies of the same keys. But they can only open one thing each. And that's the assigned box. One thing per key. All of this, I helped create. They just came up with the ideas. I didn't realize it until just now. When I was a kid and my parents made a new experiment, they would always ask me to come and try it out. I would have to do a motion with my hand or something, and something would happen. I was really young at the time and thought I was a superhero, so...they rode on that. But in reality, I was the only one in this family that could do magic at will and not have to rely on a bunch of juice or something. Because—"

"You can create as much as you want whenever you want," Princess Celestia interrupted. "Because of that malfunction."

"Yep!" Scootaloo confirmed. "I didn't realize it at the time, but I was using magic everyday. Like if I couldn't reach something, I would flick my wrist and the object would get 'pulled down by the wind'. If I needed to fly fast on my scooter, I would put magic in my feet and give myself 'a lot of wind to push me along'. And when I walked outside, 'it would be the wind that let me walk on air'—dad used a lot of wind lies I just realized."

"So you have been using magic your whole life," Princess Twilight asked. "Your parents just kept you in the dark about it."

"Probably to keep you safe," Rainbow Dash responded.

Scootaloo nodded. Then chuckled. "They kept me from going to school and pantsing someone yards away. I was a really bad kid. Not awesome."

Rainbow nodded and gestured to the floor. "Yeah, absolutely awful. Now about these keys?"

Scootaloo shot Rainbow Dash's impatient face a scowl before responding. "I already told you. We just have to find the destination to this number, 0973736778. Fluttershy? Can we borrow your phone?" Fluttershy reached into the pocket of her dress and pulled out her smartphone, which she handed to Scootaloo. She instantly handed it to Rainbow Dash. "You do it. I never had a phone like this, so I don't know what to do. The phones I used were like flip phones."

Twilight chuckled and commented, "Wow! So you're all nineties in a kid's body?"

Scootaloo shrugged and nodded. "Yep, pretty much. I remember a lot of important things from my past life, but it was all reset to fit Equestria's timeline I guess."

"Okay," Rainbow Dash announced. "So I tracked the number to a location in....oh my Celestia." Celestia groaned while Luna chuckled. It looks like the humans picked up the Equestrian's exclamations somehow. "It's...in Manehattan."

"What?" Princess Twilight asked incredulously. She reached up and calmly plucked the phone out of Rainbow's hands to see for herself, completely downtrodden at her find. "She's right. The number belongs to a jewelry shop near the edge of Manehattan. We can't just walk over there. In Equestria, Manehattan is seventy eight miles away from ponyville, and thirty three from Canterlot."

"Just like here," Rarity sighed. "And we can't just get there overnight. And without a car nonetheless it would take weeks to get there. Even if we did teleport, I'm sure."

"Or~," Princess Twilight said slowly. "We could use a rift." They all turned towards Scootaloo who was looking at Fluttershy's phone, trying to figure it out. Feeling their stares and hearing absolutely nothing, she looked up into their eyes.

"What?"

"Scootaloo, we need a favor," Luna requested. "We need you to create a rift."