• Published 2nd Feb 2018
  • 1,940 Views, 57 Comments

Don’t make deals with Chrysalis - ThePhonyBronyPony



A 7 year old boy finds himself sent to equestria only to strike a deal with Queen Chrysalis to get home.

  • ...
3
 57
 1,940

Chapter 1

Don’t make deals with Chrysalis










Prologue




I climbed into my bed, my pajamas pants bunching up to my knees in an annoying fashion. The light was off but moonlight streamed in through the window. I could hear mother and father laughing down stairs. They had sent me to bed so that they could watch their movie. I wanted to watch it too, but they said it wasn’t ‘appropriate’.

I sighed and placed my hands on my stomach, as I staring at the ceiling trying to get sleepy. I tried closing my eyes and shutting off my mind to everything. Imagining myself floating in space, everything perfectly quiet. However, that plan failed as more loud laughter interrupted my blissful peace.

I scowled in frustration. “How could they be so mean as to tell me to go to bed, then be as loud as they were now?” I clench my fists and roll onto my side. After the moment of anger passed, I place my pillow over my ear in an attempt to muffle the sound. It worked but it made me far less comfortable. I toughed it out and waited to fall asleep. It took longer than I liked to fall asleep, and once I did I had a nightmare.

I felt like I was drowning, and I hated it. I opened my eyes to find I was floating in green syrup. Despite what my mind told me to do, I found myself trying to breathe the stuff. Imagine my surprise when I found I could breathe it.

“Hmm you are an odd one, Nymph. You seem to have memories.” Says a kind yet firm voice.

“Who are you? And of course, I have memories everybody does.” I say curling tighter into a little ball.

“You appear to be sentient. Odd but not unwelcome.” The voice says as the temperature of the syrup becomes slightly warmer.

“Who are you? Can you hear me?” I ask relaxing in the warmth. Maybe this dream isn’t so bad, this stuff feels like a hot tub.

“Of course, I can hear you child. But alas it seams you believe this to be a dream.” The voice chuckles lightly.

“It is a dream.” I say confidently, in my hot tub.

“No, it is not child. You will soon be born and you will serve the hive.” The voice says confidently.

“No, I won’t! I will wake up then I will forget this dream, like I have forgotten so many others.” I say less confidently.

“Wake up to reality child this is no dream. Can you feel pain in a dream? Are you ever aware of the fact that you are sleeping, when you dream?” As the voice says the word pain, the syrup starts to boil and pain like I have never felt before surrounds me. I am barely aware of the fact that I am screaming. And as quick as it came, it left leaving me breathing heavily.

“I don’t want it to be true.” I gasp.

“I know child, but it is, and you soon will be born.” The voice says trying to comfort me.

“Please, I just want to go home to my family.” I say as I cry in sorrow and despair.

“Why would I do that child? Does it not benefit me to keep you here?”

“Please, I will do anything to go home.” I say begging now.

“You wish to make a deal?”

“Yes, a deal!”

“Very well then. It has been quite a while since someone dared to make a deal with me.” The voice says eagerly. “If I send you back, do you swear to return to me once your life has ended?”

“I do.” I say gulping.

“Very well child you may have your life, but upon your death no matter when that may be, you shall return to me and then I will have you for the rest of eternity.”

“Fine!” I shout angerly since I am in no position to argue.

“When you wake you will find a mark on your heel as a reminder of our agreement. Spend your life wisely, and love your family while you can. Because once you die you will never see them again.” The voice says firmly.

“Before I go I have questions for you.” I say wanting my questions answered.

“Speak quickly for I will only answer one.”

I think about my question for only a second before asking it. “Who are you?”

“Out of everything you could have asked, you ask my name? Very well child I shall answer you. My name is, Queen Chrysalis of the Changelings. Now go and live your life.”

I woke covered in sweat, my clothes drenched. I climbed out of bed and headed for the bathroom. Once inside I shut and lock the door. I look in the mirror to see my spikey black hair lying flat against my head, looking like I hand just climbed out of the shower.

I turned on the facet letting the cool water run over the tips of my fingers. My whole body shook. I splash some water on my face scrubbing my face of the sweet. I should probably take a shower. I thought as I sat on the edge of the tub.

I pulled up my leg and twist my foot so I can look for a mark on my heel. Because despite logic said otherwise that was just too real. I didn’t find anything so I moved onto my other foot. Sure, enough on my left heel there sat the word ‘REMEMBER’ in all caps. It took me a moment to realize that it wasn’t in English, but that was the least of my worries.

I had practically just sold my soul to some ‘Queen’. I put my foot down and placed my head in my hands.

“What have I done?” I ask over and over to myself. Even though I know there was no other way to get back home.

Chapter 1
38 years later



“As you all know, if you have been paying any attention that is. Fairies also known as changelings in medieval folk lore steal supposedly stole human children and replaced them with their elderly. The children then became servants to the queen of fay. Also, the changelings were known for th- I was cut off by the sound of a school bell and scraping chairs as students rushed to leave before I could issue homework. “wait before you leave please remember that your reports on mystical creatures of medieval folk lore are dew this Friday.” There were a few groans, but mostly the sound of people leaving.

“People these days so wrapped up in their own lives that they never see how much they are missing out on.” I sigh as I fallow the class out of the class room.” It was the end of the day so I got to leave.

As I hopped into my red pickup truck and headed to the restaurant I was supposed to meet my wife ‘Sharilyn’ at I smiled and hummed happy to be alive. the sun was shining the birds were singing and today was my birthday.

I was supposed to meet Sharilyn at our favorite restaurant Sizzle Pop, where the food was greasy and always hot. It wasn’t far away from the house ether, so we probably ate there more than we should.

However, I lived my life with one rule ‘No Regrets’, because I knew that when I died I would be a servant to the queen of fay. But I wasn’t yet so I was going to live the life that had cost me so much to the fullest.

I saw Sharilyn’s car siting in her usual parking spot. a tree shaded it from the hot sun. I parked my truck beside it, and walked inside Sizzle Pop. The temperature inside and outside were polar opposites. Outside you could cook an egg on the pavement. On the inside of Sizzle Pop, you could freeze that egg. Anyway, I was lucky that I remember to grab my jacket from the house this morning.

I saw Sharilyn siting at a booth near the windows. Her hair looked to be made of gold in the sunlight that warmed our table noticeable degrees. When she saw me, her face lit up with a smile and she waved me over.

“Hey there birthday boy, are you hungry? Because I am.” Sharilyn says as I get to the table. I lean over and plant a kiss on her cheek.

“Starving.” I say grinning like an idiot. I notice that she already ordered our drinks and an appetizer. The drinks were water, and the appetizer was cheesy bacon fries with extra bacon.

“Well let’s pray so we can eat!” she says holding out her hand for me, which I grasp. She bows her head and starts to pray.

I never did care for religion as I already knew what awaited me after death but Sharilyn was raised in a very realities family. So, I went along with it to make her happy. she didn’t even know that I didn’t believe in God. Well at least not the same God as she did. I dint know entirely what Chrysalis was, but I wasn’t egger to find out any time soon.

“-in Jesus name we pray amen.” she finishes smiling at me.

“Amen.” I join in and smile back at her.

“Are you ready to order?” Asks a young waiter. Sharilyn looks at me for my answer. I nod and she orders her food. “And what would you like, Sir.” The young man asks.

“I would like the fried chicken basket with coleslaw please.” I say passing him our menus. I didn’t have to look at my menu because I knew what I wanted before I got here.

“Yes, sir anything else?”

“No thank you that will be all.” I say as he walks off.

“So how was work?” I ask Sharilyn, as I take a French-fry from the checkered basket.

“No, John no talking about work tonight. This is your birthday we must celebrate!” Sharilyn says sternly, but in a playful way.

“Yes ma’am.” I say saluting. “So, what do you want to talk about?”

“How about you tell me a story.” She says dipping a fry in some ranch, that was by some miracle not frozen.”

“Ok a story let’s see if I can think of one.” I say taping my chin. “Ahh yes I have a story. Ok so it goes like this.

“Once upon a time, a young boy that went by the name of John was walking down the street to his school. Now this young boy was very handsome, and he caught the attention of a girl name Shari. Shari was the most beautiful in the whole school. Many other boys were jealous of John, but they dared not dispose of him for Shari’s wrath would have been terrible. So, one day they got married and made a whole lot of dudes mad. The End.” I said proudly popping a fry into my mouth.

“Your story telling skills need work.” Sharilyn says laughing.

“Hey I thought It was pretty good!” I say in mock offense.

“Hay the food is here!” She says clearing space for the waiter to place the food. The waiter places down the food and walks away.

“Are you ready to lose?!” I say grinning at her.

“Ha just because it is your birthday doesn’t mean I am going to go easy on you.” Sharilyn says picking up her fork, as I pick up my chicken leg.

“3…2…1…GO!” we say in unison before tearing into our food. The game was to see who could finish the steaming hot food the first. I barely finished my first chicken leg before I needed to come up for air. My heart was pounding, and I felt dizzy. I tried to catch my breath but I just couldn’t. It was a full minute of gasping before I realized what was happening. I John Tharp was having a heart attack. As the realization hit me I fell over onto the cold floor. my vision was starting to fade and I knew I didn’t have long so I breathed my last words.

“I…love….you.” I gasp as I notice, Sharilyn leaning over me.

“I love you too.” Was the last thing I heard before death clamed me.




I woke to find myself surrounded by lime green syrup. This time I knew what was happening.

“I am back.” I say sadly.

“Don’t be sad my Child. You lived a full life did you not?” Chrysalis asked.

“I did indeed queen of fey.” I say happy that this time I knew more than last time.

“Fey? What do you mean Child I thought I said I was queen of the changelings not ‘Fey’!” she sounded confused.

“Uh never mind.” I say shaking my head. Crap looks like my theory was wrong.

“I have a surprise for you my child. I think you might like it.”

“What is it?” I ask curious.

“Once you hatch you will see. For now, rest gather your strength you will need it to hatch properly.”

So, I am in an egg? I suppose that answers a few of my questions. I wish for answers, but for now, I must sleep. After all a princess needs her rest. WAIT, WHAT!