• Published 28th Jan 2018
  • 4,294 Views, 110 Comments

The Story Of Rainbow - thedarktome



Who exactly is Rainbow Dash? She said she grew up in cloudsdale, but that's it. Her father said she gained all her mother's good looks, but doesn't she look more like her father, Bow Hothoof. And what do the Princesses have to do with this?

  • ...
4
 110
 4,294

Chapter 17 - A Little Light

"So we could either build a wall to cutoff the forest completely, or we could have guards stationed there at the entrance," Twilight suggested during a meeting about what to do with the Everfree Forest.

They've been throwing ideas out since seven in the morning, hoping to find ways to keep ponies of all kinds from going into that forest. So far, it looks like building something just isn't going to work. Considering that ponies could fly right over anything they put down and land in the forest. It seems like a lot for so little, but Rainbow is practically building this for everyone and using three specific fillies for a reference.

"The wall would not work," the princess shot down, sighing deeply. "Somepony would take the time out to fly over it. Based off the cutie mark crusaders' hang gliding."

"Ahhh, right." The rest of the table murmured in agreement.

"So we don't have a lot of options here," Lady Justice said. "Why don't we have a unicorn led team to create a magical barrier...as well as a pegasi team to scout the air...then Earth Pony guards for a bit of a step inside the forest?"

"I'm not sure about the ponies in the forest," Rainbow said, suddenly smiling. "But everything else I'm down for." Fluttershy, who was standing to the side wrote down the recommendation. "That sounds promising. Very VERY promising."

"I agree," Cherry said, voicing her agreement with everyone else.

"I'll bring this to Celestia's attention. In the meantime, you are all dismissed. Court starts in thirty minutes." The ponies all stood up and grabbed their things while Fluttershy and her really tall marefriend stayed behind. Once they were all out, they focused their attention on each other.

"You're getting tall, Ms. Dash," she teased. "As tall as your mother."

"I know," she whined, going to her "awesome" state of mind as she laid down facing Fluttershy. "And it's aggravating. "If I wanted to have sex, it'd be really difficult. It'd be FUN......but still difficult."

Fluttershy's face was like a tomato as she figured out what Rainbow was insinuating. "Umm...uhhh...Are you sure? Sex?"

"Don't worry, it's just something that will take us to a new level. You and I love each other, it would only make sense to show it, right?" The princess extended a wing and tickled Fluttershy's flank, making the Pegasus' wings shoot out and blush hard. "And it doesn't have to be now. I can wait."

The princess withdrew her wing before leaning forward and kissing her deeply, making Fluttershy do the same. After like a minute, clearly a sign to Rainbow's arousal, the smaller marefriend broke it.

"Aww, I was enjoying that," Rainbow whined.

"I know. But you have court and I have to go see Rarity for our spa day."

Rainbow pouted, trying to woo Fluttershy over with a puppy dog look for more kissing, but that Pegasus of hers was unmoving. Eventually, she gave up.

"Ugggghhhh fine." She stood up and made her way over to the door. "But this definitely isn't over."

"Dashie, don't you know I always win?" Fluttershy teased, knowing exactly what buttons to push. It sure worked.

Rainbow gasped lightly before turning around and trotting towards Fluttershy, who trotted away at the same time. "Get over here, Flutters! The princess demands it!"

"Uh uh uh! You have to work to get what you want!" She teased, as the two faced each other across the table. A standoff that both were determined to win.

"Is that so?" The princess said, a mischievous look on her face that Fluttershy classified as....hungry. "Alright."

The next thing fluttershy knew, she was pinned down after Rainbow had jumped over the table, catching her off guard.

"Now that I worked for it..... where's my pay?" She asked erotically.

"I think you're in heat, Dashie."

"I think so too. But you didn't answer my question." Fluttershy giggled before lifting her head and whispering something in her ear, something Rainbow greatly enjoyed.

She pulled away after lightly licking and biting her ear, sending subliminal messages about what to expect.

"Okay......I'll wait for three seconds before I let it all out," Rainbow released Fluttershy who actually scooted lower and rubbed her rear hoof against Rainbow Dash's "Rainbow", making her gasp, blush, and moan.

"Flu......Fluttershy......y-you know all my......b-best spots," she moaned while giving tiny whimpers that Fluttershy found adorable.

"We're mares, Dashie. We have the same spots." They stayed like until Rainbow found relief, nearly falling on Fluttershy.

"You.....have the best hooves," she said breathlessly. "I'll return the favor when you and I are alone again."

Fluttershy giggled before standing up and pecking Rainbow before walking away, adding a noticeable and inviting sway to her hips. "You better," she said seductively. She opened the door and walked out, letting Rainbow Dash calm herself down before walking out to begin the court sessions.



Scootaloo had been dropped off at school earlier that morning by Fluttershy at seven since Rainbow had to begin the meeting concerning the Everfree Forest. Even though she was a little disappointed, she promised to be the one picking her up. Unless she had a crusader's meeting.

"So we divide eight into groups of four," Ms. Cherilee explained, pointing towards the board that had an equation on it. "The answer is how many groups there ARE. Sometimes, it will be half, a whole, or part of a group as well."

Scootaloo wrote down some notes that she picked up from one of her godparents, Twilight. She had a lot of god parents. But she didn't know her grandparents.

A week and a half ago, Rainbow said she did have a grandmother and a great aunt but that she couldn't meet them yet. Scootaloo had asked why and Rainbow said that it would put everyone in danger. So she let it drop, although she didn't understand.

But inside...she wanted to meet them. Bad.

"Okay, everypony! Lunchtime!" Scootaloo looked up and set down her pencil before grabbing her lunch and walking out with the rest of the foals.

Once outside she sat down and opened her bag, pulling out the lunch Rainbow had made for her before she was joined by Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

"So any news yet?" Apple Bloom asked as she unpacked her lunch.

"Nope," Scootaloo said, taking a bit out of her sandwich. "But I will ask her again on Saturday. We have a royal breakfast that consists of all the princesses and their families. So I get to go."

"Awesome!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed, taking a bite out of her own sandwich. "What do you think will be on the menu? Sweets?"

"Maybe. The princesses like their cake. Mom has like seven in the dining hall! Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Blueberry and others. And we get another each week!"

"Sounds like the life!"

"Eh, it's alright. I mean it's not like I get to go anywhere else in the building. There's so much more to that place than you think."

"Oh?" Apple Bloom asked, her curiosity intrigued. "Like what?"

"A lot."

"Like...."

"Just a lot. That's all I'm saying." Scootaloo went back to her sandwich, ignoring the strange looks she was receiving from her friends. That little slip-up could've cost Rainbow Dash. What a close call.



Soon, Saturday arrived. And with it, high expectations. Being the daughter of a princess means you have to look the part. But just like mother, you have a just alike daughter.

"I don't wanna dress up!" Princess Rainbow and Scootaloo cried at the same time. Rarity was there getting there clothes together which were just dresses that matched. This time, Fluttershy was going in something as well that matched the rest of her family.

"Ladies, ladies, please!" She insisted. "These dresses are my best work and you don't wanna look raunchy in front of the others do you?"

"And what exactly is raunchy?" The filly asked.

"I appreciate the kind act Rarity," Rainbow Dash said, trying to get off the pedestal she was standing on before Rarity used her magic to place her back on it. "But I was just going to wear what I wore at the Gala."

"Ahh, but Dash.....I didn't make that dress. So you are going to wear what I made for you today."

"Ahhhhhwwwww!" In the next second, Rarity pulled a privacy shield over the two of them and began dressing them while Fluttershy was walking by in her own dress that looked like it was created by a god. It was gold trimmed with flames coming from the bottom on up to the top. She had a simple tiara along with golden hoofshoes, courtesy of Celestia herself.

The privacy shield was pushed back to reveal the mother and daughter with a nonchalant look on their faces. Mostly due to their hairstyles. How Rarity did that was a mystery. They were both set in a Rainbow themed dress with golden hoofshoes that Scootaloo actually liked. Rainbow dash had a crown while her daughter had on a tiara. Simple.

"Okay, even though I didn't enjoy the dressing up, I have to admit this is really good," Scootaloo praised looking down at herself. Rainbow Dash chuckled before pulling her daughter closer to her.

"I told you Rarity could do it."

"No you didn't."

"Well Rarity could do it. See, I just told you but think that I told you a minute ago, okay?"

Scootaloo laughed before going over to her other mother who was busy talking to the guards at the door. "Thanks Rarity!" She yelled over her shoulder.

"You're welcome, Sweetheart. Rainbow Dash? What do we say?" The princess looked at her spitefully before shifting her gaze to the ground and muttering something. "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

"Thank you."

"Speak up darling."

"Rarity, that's as high as I'm going."

The fashionista scoffed playfully before bopping the princess on the forehead. "Your mother spoils you, you know that? I must be on my way now. Have fun at the breakfast." She grabbed her stuff with her magic and walked out the door, heading towards her boutique.

"Yeah we got to get going too, come on!" They all walked out the room while Rainbow Dash led the way towards the front of the building where there were multiple Pegasus guards waiting for her. Scootaloo became a little worried. Were they expecting an attack?

"Why are there so many guards?" Scootaloo asked.

"They're here to protect you," Rainbow answered.

"Yeah I know they're here to protect us, but-"

"No, Scootaloo," Rainbow interrupted. "They're her to protect you. You're the first child to actually attend the Royal Breakfast in centuries. So this is a piece of history. You're making history just by going to breakfast with your mothers."

Scootaloo had her mouth gaped wide open as they walked up to the chariot where Rainbow picked her daughter up and placed her inside before Fluttershy and herself walked in, as well as Agent Sweetie Drops. A few seconds later, the guards took off into the air followed by the Chariot for maximum protection in the front as they turned around, heading for the mountainside that contained the city of Canterlot.

"So......I'm like........Important?" Scootaloo asked.

"Very important, sweetheart," Fluttershy said, pulling her in by the wing. Scootaloo smiled and cuddled up to her, making both of the parents smile and prompting Rainbow Dash to do the same.

Soon, they arrived over the city, making the ponies pulling the chariot to slow down and land on the pavement in front of the gates of the castle. There were plenty of news ponies there, obviously trying to get a view of the one making history today that will be celebrated throughout all of Equestria and it's allies. Scootaloo thought she wasn't that famous. Just a filly who was adopted by the best ponies in the world. That's it. It's not like she saved the world.

"Princess!"

"Princess! Can we get a word?"

"Princess Dash! How are you going to solve the imbalance of Equestria's resources?"

They continued driving through, although really wanted to answer that last one. She had a great plan in place and it involved only her. Once they were through the gates, they were closed again, allowing the royalty to relax as they came to a stop. Sweetie Drops hopped out and pulled open the door for the three of them, allowing them to step out and for the news cameras behind the gates to get a good view of the filly. There were some more inside the castle, although the family didn't know it.

Rainbow picked up her daughter and set her on her back as they made their way towards the royal building's entrance which was guarded by two guards who opened them upon seeing the royal family and their escorts. When they walked inside, they were closed again, allowing them to see what was inside in peace.

"You know......it looks far more peaceful in here than it did during the gala," Scootaloo commented. "Pinkie Pie isn't throwing ponies, or anything else, and it's serene."

"Life of living in a castle as big as this," Rainbow said to her. "Of course you have to work and get things done, but at the end of the day, nothing says relaxation like the peace inside a castle, the mare of your dreams, and the child you can come home to." Fluttershy blushed before she nuzzled her marefriend underneath her chin. Somehow Rainbow's aliconr body can shrink and come to a certain size, confusing Scootaloo. Wasn't she like eight feet tall a minute ago?

They turned a corner for the throne room and were received by more news ponies who rushed at them, trying to get through the guards and get some words. Well they didn't get any, but they'll get some soon at the breakfast. They family walked around them and up the steps to the throne room where the guards pushed the doors open, revealing Celestia, Luna, Cadance, and Shining Armor.

"Hello, Celestia!" Rainbow greeted happily, trotting up to her mother.

"Hello, Rainbow," she greeted back as they nuzzled each other for around ten full seconds. Cadance looked towards her fiancee with a look that said "See what I mean?" Shining armor just shrugged in response.

"It's great seeing you here. And with little Scootaloo no less." She walked around Rainbow Dash and towards the filly who hopped off of her mother and latched onto Celestia's muzzle.

"Hey, Princess Celestia!" She greeted. Within the last week, Celestia had come over multiple times to see the family and had spoken to Scootaloo most of the time, trying to form a relationship with her granddaughter. It apparently had a great impact.

"Hello, Scootaloo! How are you, besides loving my face?"

"I'm okay." Rainbow pulled her daughter off and set her down on the Princess' back. Scootaloo always loved riding on it for some reason. "Onward!" She yelled pointing straight forward.

"Not yet, Squirt," Rainbow chuckled. "We gotta give you the lowdown of how this is going to play out."

"She's right," Luna said, walking over. "First we're all going to say our names and positions in Equestrian royalty before the first bite is taken."

"Firs.....bite?"

"Yep!" Cadance said, joining in on the conversation. "It's when the guest of honor takes the first bite. And since you're the first child in Equestrian Royalty, as well as the guest of honor, this is a huge moment."

"Oh......" Scootaloo said shyly.

"Don't worry, I'll be sitting right there to supervise and Fluttershy will be sitting on the other side of you," Rainbow guaranteed.

"Now, let's go," Celestia said, walking towards the throne room entrance. Scootaloo adjusted her dress while Cadance and her parents walked alongside her. The guards pushed the doors open for them, allowing them to walk into sight of the cameras and ponies standing out on the floor below. There were A LOT more then when Rainbow Dash was here. Way more.

They immediately started asking questions about the breakfast. What they were going to eat, the first bite, and discussions. Of course the discussion bit wasn't actually sent out. But something was.

Scootaloo cleared her throat loudly, getting everyone's attention as she pulled out a sheet of paper from behind her back. "I'd like to say something." All the cameras and eyes were positioned on her now as she started reading. "Go....." She looked back at the paper before positioning her eyes back on them. "Away. Go away. Thank you."

Rainbow Dash snorted while the rest of the group all laughed at her and made their way towards the floor, headed towards the garden outside. The news ponies were allowed to follow as well as the historians, since this was a major thing happening.

The doors were opened, allowing the princesses to walk out and take a seat at the ornate table, Scootaloo being placed beside her mother, who was sitting between Celestia and Luna. On the other side of her was Fluttershy, Cadance, and Shining armor. They all sat on one side, with Scootaloo the center of attention.

"You ready, Squirt?" Rainbow asked her.

"I'm just eating, right?" She asked her nervously. "T-that's it? Just taking a bite out of some food?"

"Yeah, but the catch is to keep it in your mouth," Celestia said. "When me and Luna did it centuries ago, we accidentally spat it out because it tasted so bad." Scootaloo stopped smiling as her eyes got big. The news ponies started snapping photos as they looked towards them, showing a unicorn in a chef's outfit pushing a cart with food on it towards the table. There were more ponies behind him, all of them wearing a chef's uniform.

When the cart stopped, he levitated the food onto the table, most of it consisting of bagels, doughnuts, cereal, and more stuff that Scootaloo has yet to know of. Once it was all set out, those in front positioned their camera's towards her face, getting ready to capture that first bite that hasn't happened in over twenty thousand years.

"Okay, squirt. It's time." Scootaloo looked towards her mother before looking towards the food. "Just pick whatever you want and take a bite out of it."

"Try not to spit it out," Luna teased, making her sister scoff.

The filly looked at the variety of food before pointing her hoof at a chocolate doughnut, which Rainbow picked up and handed to her. She sniffed it first, finding it good to eat. She put the doughnut by her mouth, opened it, pushed it in, and bit down. It was actually really good.

Ponies everywhere, who were somehow watching it, cheered and stomped her hooves, including Royalty. Scootaloo just looked around at all the ponies cheering strangely.

"Yeah, sorry but look, I have to ask," she interrupted. "Why......was that so...important?"

"Well," Rainbow said, clearing her throat to begin a lecture. She stopped suddenly, now just realizing what she was about to do. "Oh my Equestria, I was about to start a lecture. I'm turning into Twilight."

Celestia chuckled at her daughter before she explained to Scootaloo that the reason ponies celebrated the First Bite was because it was a tradition that Princess Platinum created as a trend during the first feast when Equestria was first created. It has been passed down Equestrian royalty ever since. Every child that is the son and daughter of a higher class of royalty, King Queen, or Princess, has taken the first bite to continue that tradition.

"Oh," Scootaloo said. "Thanks, Princess Celestia!" Scootaloo took a bite out of her food before Rainbow nuzzled her, admiring her daughter's innocence before Celestia raised a cup.

"To Equestria." she said.

"To Equestria!" The other Princesses and Prince said, doing the same.

"Yay," Fluttershy cheered quietly.

"Yeah!" Scootaloo said, holding up another doughnut before popping it into her mouth. They all laughed before starting to eat themselves.



After the breakfast, they all went back towards the throne room to relax and recuperate, Scootaloo more than anyone else. Cadance herself decided to ask some things to feed her curiosity. Celestia, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and it looked like even Luna, were hiding something.

Right now Rainbow was sitting next to Celestia and leaning against her side. If she didn't know any better, she'd say they were lovers. But her aunts were into stallions too much. Especially Luna who was seen checking out the random Royal Guard here and there around the castle.

"So what's the next step?" Celestia whispered to her daughter. "Is there any sign yet?"

"None that I can see, or felt for that matter," she responded. "Twilight hasn't felt anything either. And she's as powerful with magic as I am."

"I am aware. You both have learned from the best after all."

"You're so stuck up," Rainbow chuckled.

"And where do you think you get your boasting from?" Celestia whispered. They watched Luna give Scootaloo a flight around the room above them, with the filly holding on and squealing in delight from the speed. "Isn't that a little dangerous?"

"Yeah, I'm worried about that too, Luna!" The princess of the night landed softly on the floor before trotting up to the ponies.

"Yes, my nie-" Celestia plopped a hoof right on her mouth before she let the word out.

"Watch it, Luna," her sister warned, motioning her eyes towards the two other royals in the room. "Let's not get TOO caught up in the moment."

Luna nodded before Celestia lowered her hoof, unbeknownst that Cadance heard everything. "I have to ask them," she whispered to her fiancee, who was looking at her nonchalantly. "I NEED to know."

Shining Armor just sighed. "Well.....I'm interested to see where this goes so....go ahead."

Cadance turned around, walking towards the group. "I have to go to the bathroom," Scootaloo announced. "And I have no idea where it is."

Rainbow sighed before she picked up her daughter and placed her on her back. "Well let's go find it." The two walked towards the door and stepped out, leaving the five other ponies in the room alone.

"Aunt Celestia," the princess of love said, stopping next to the three mares. "I want to ask you something. Don't lie." Celestia and Luna looked at each other before giving Cadance their full attention, while Fluttershy was checking out the stained glass. Who knew it'd be so interesting.

"Okay. Go on." Cadance took a deep breath before asking.

"Is Rainbow Dash.........your daughter?"

The two princesses stared at her widely not moving until Luna dropped the glass cup she was holding, making it shatter against the ground and causing to yelp and dive behind a curtain. Shining Armor walked over eating a doughnut he grabbed from the table outside before they left. He looked at the Princesses shocked expressions.

"Aunt Celestia.....is she your daughter?" Cadance asked again. The two princesses broke out of their surprised looks before turning to each other. Luna motioned towards the area behind them, prompting the two to turn around and have a small discussion that had a lot of whispering

The two left behind glanced at each other before they came back over, worry written all over their faces. Celestia sighed and stopped in front of her niece, ready to admit the truth. "Rainbow Dash.....yes. She is my daughter."

Cadance gasped lightly while Shining Armor choked on his doughnut in surprise. "What?! When? H-how?! WH...wha.....HOW?!" She stuttered.

The doors to the entrance of the room opened up revealing Scootaloo walking in with Rainbow Dash following, capturing their attention..

"The toilets.......were golden," the filly whispered.

"I know, Squirt. You muttered that the whole way back." The princess slowly trotted over, looking at them all quizically. "Hey, guys, what's......what's up, your faces are like completely gone."

Cadance and Shining Armor were staring at the two like they were aliens before Cadance walked up to her. "You......her......daughter....ugghh." She fell to the floor while Rainbow Dash put the pieces together.

"You TOLD THEM?!" she said, walking over and stopping in front of her mother.

"She guessed it," Luna said, pointing to the crazy mare on the floor. "I don't know how, but she did."

"How.....how is this possible?" Cadance said, staggering over to the group "How are you here daughter? You're my cousin?"

"WHAT?!" They all looked down to see Scootaloo looking at them all unbelievably. "YOU'RE MY-" Rainbow put a hoof into her mouth.

"Quiet down there squirt," She said. "We can't let the world know about this. Keep it down." Scootaloo nodded before she removed her hoof.

"You're my grandmother?" Scootaloo asked unbelievably, pointing towards Celestia.

"Yes, Scootaloo. I am your grandma." She walked over and picked up the filly, hugging her to her chest. "And you are my granddaughter." Scootaloo felt limbless in shock, having a silly look on her face while Celestia had a smile on hers.

"But how?" Shining Armor asked quietly. "How are you a mother?"

"Shining Armor. Are you saying I'm not mother material?" Celestia said playfully.

"No....I'm just....who did you date and have sex with?" They all turned towards the only stallion, who quickly backed up. "I mean who did you have relations with that created this beautiful-"

"Oh just stop it," Celestia and Rainbow scolded.

"I had a husband, we got married, had a child who I had to give up, I'll explain later. We are going to the Ponyville castle tonight. You're coming with us to learn the story about the Jewel of Rainbow."

Author's Note:

Wow, what a leg shaker! As you can see the engine is sputtering up a bit. Leave those comments, that's what drive the story. Sorry I didn't exactly upload as much as I wanted to today. But I did give Queen Scootaloo two chapters today....I think. I'll check.

(click.......click.....) Yep! Two chapters! Enjoy the story guys! :scootangel: