• Published 22nd Jan 2018
  • 585 Views, 14 Comments

Like a Baby - Forever Young



Twilight gets a second foalhood... sort of.

  • ...
11
 14
 585

Back home

The past week had been hard for Twilight. She had been put in quite a few embarrassing situations. Regardless of how rough it was, she saw the appeal of this treatment. She'd gone in at the deep end, so she knew what she was in for later on down the road. Her decision, however, was final. As embarrassing as it would be for a little while, she wanted to continue the treatment.

As Ginger walked over, she hummed a little tune. Getting closer, she saw Twilight curled up, fast asleep in the crib. She looked so cute like this, but it could not last forever. She pulled the railing down and softly shook the sleeping alicorn.

"Wakey, wakey," She said as Twilight groaned, "Come on, sun's shining, it's time to get up."

After a couple minutes, Twilight finally awoke. Rolling onto her back, she let out a big yawn, stretching wide as her eyes fluttered open.

"Come on, Twilight, time to get ready for today," Ginger said, taking a step back.

Twilight slowly got up and stretched one more time before getting out of the crib.

"I hate to wake you, but the sun's up, and I hate wasting daylight," Ginger said, "Also, the week's over, and I'm curious as to what your thoughts are."

"Can we get some breakfast first?" Twilight asked.

"Of course," Ginger said, nodding.

"And I don't have to keep all this on, do I?" Twilight asked.

"Only if you want to, today," Ginger said, "The week's over, so you don't have to look like a big foal today."

With that, Twilight immediately got herself undressed and undiapered. Once everything was taken care of and put away, the two went to the dining hall for breakfast. Twilight sat down with a plate full of chocolate pancakes and a warm mug of cider. Ginger had gotten a couple of pancakes, hash browns, and a glass of milk. The two ate in relative quiet for a few minutes before Twilight spoke up, finally willing herself to give her answer.

"So, this past week has been... interesting, to say the least," She said.

"I'm sure it has been for you," Ginger said before finishing off her last pancake.

"I can see how it could help out, though. It's a little embarrassing, yes, but being able to feel young, knowing that there's somepony there to take care of your needs... I'm sure it can be very relaxing, very calming."

"That's how most stress therapy is supposed to work," Ginger explained, "The methods are different, but the principle remains the same. Take your stress and give it to someone else. Let them help work out your worries. Regression simply allows one to go back to a time before responsibility, giving them the chance to just enjoy life through the experience of a second childhood."

"I can see that," Twilight said, "What I'm trying to say is that I don't just want to stop. This past week has been hard because we went in full blast. But could we maybe start over from the beginning, next time I come for a visit?"

"Oh, of course," Ginger said, "But what do you mean next visit?"

"Well, I live in Ponyville, not here in the Empire," Twilight explained, "Unless there's a branch in Ponyville that I don't know about, then I'd have to do this on visits here and there."

"There's only two branches that I know of, and the other one's in Canterlot," Ginger explained, "But we go where our clients go. The agency provides housing for its employees, and most of us don't marry because we're away from home too often."

"Well, that's a thing," Twilight said to herself before speaking up again, "So, then you'd be alright moving to Ponyville for a while?"

"I would not mind one bit," Ginger said, "One of the benefits of this job is the travel."

Twilight sat in silent thought for a few minutes, going over that bit of info. She didn't want to ask somepony to just up and move somewhere else just for her sake, but it also sounded like Ginger was not only willing, but also eager to do just that. After discussing a little more, they finally came to an understanding before heading out to take care of the moving process.


Once everything was packed back up, they had it shipped back to Ginger's house. Twilight was ok with the stuff, but she'd wanted to get her own stuff over time. The last stop they made was the agency where Ginger put in a move notice before heading to the train station.

The ride back to Ponyville was a long one, and Twilight ended up taking a nap halfway through. Ginger nudged her awake once Ponyville came into view. She nearly fell off the seat while stretching, saved only by the swiftness of Ginger.

"Now, you can't go falling like that, you'll hurt yourself," Ginger said, pushing Twilight back up.

"Not my fault these seats are narrow," Twilight said, pouting slightly.

"Mmmhmm, sure," Ginger said teasingly, "Just try not to make it so I have to explain why a Princess got hurt on my watch."

"No promises," Twilight said, looking away.

The train pulled up to the station not long after, and the two got off and headed straight towards Twilight's castle. Ginger was in awe as they stood outside the entrance. She'd heard about the castle, but it was awe inspiring to see it first hoof. Eventually, Twilight managed to get her inside and show her around a bit, and it didn't take long for the two of them to run into Starlight... literally. Ginger helped her and Twilight back up after they'd knocked each other to the floor.

"So sorry, I wasn't really watching where I was going," Starlight admitted while brushing off, "I was actually on my way to help Trixie set up for her next show, if you want to come along."

"We'll probably make the show later, but I want to finish getting Ginger settled in first," Twilight said.

"Settled in? What, are we just taking ponies in to live with us now?" Starlight asked.

"Actually, Ginger here is my caretaker," Twilight said, "She'll be with us for a while, not sure how long."

"Ah, so you finally found something that works?" Starlight asked.

"Yea, and I'll explain more later when you and Spike are both here... Don't really feel like repeating myself," Twilight said.

"Fair enough," Starlight said.

The trio said a brief good bye before Starlight took off to go help Trixie while Twilight and Ginger continued to tour the castle.