• Published 22nd Jan 2018
  • 586 Views, 14 Comments

Like a Baby - Forever Young



Twilight gets a second foalhood... sort of.

  • ...
11
 14
 586

Trial

It had been a couple days since Twilight left Ginger Lily's office. During that time, she'd even talked it over with Cadance and Shining Armor to get a second opinion on what she should do. Everything was laid out, nothing hidden at all. Arguments on both sides came forward. In the end, Twilight decided to at least give it a chance. Cadance and Shining even agreed to let her and Ginger set up a small nursery in their castle for the next week.

So, it is with this news that Twilight finds herself back in Ginger Lily's office, much to the mare's surprise. After the first day, she'd expected Twilight to try something else. Nopony has ever come back after this much time. However, there she was, sitting across her desk from the Princess of Friendship.

"So, I gave it a lot of thought, even talked it out with my brother and Princess Cadance, and I think I want to give this a chance," Twilight said, "They've even agreed to let us use one of the rooms in the castle as a nursery for the next week."

"I see, well that should be interesting," Ginger said, "So, a week long trial. Fair enough. Just going to let you know that I'll be showing you what you can expect should you stay with this long enough. And if it's truly not for you, don't be afraid to speak up at any time and let me know, you won't hurt my feelings."

"Um, ok then. Wasn't expecting to just go all in like that, though," Twilight said.

"Understandable, but I feel like it's best to show you know what you'll ultimately be agreeing to should you want to continue," Ginger said.

"I suppose that's fair," Twilight said.

"Alright then, let me just put in my work approved notice, and we can be off," Ginger said, getting up and out of her seat.

The two ponies walked down to another door that said "Supervisor" in big letters. After knocking and being ushered in, Ginger turned in her notice and was then sent on her way. Their first stop was her own house, where she kept all the supplies one would ever need to take care of a toddler Twilight's size. It took a couple of trips to get it all over to the castle, but they managed. With a little help, they got the nursery all set up and ready within an hour.

"Alright, so now let's get you into your first fresh diaper," Ginger said, walking over to the changing table, "Hop on up and I'll take care of everything for you."

Twilight did as she was told, silently reminding herself that she was giving this a chance, and that meant wearing a diaper for a little while. As Ginger went to work, Twilight took the time to admire the nursery they'd set up. Everything was so calming, so innocent looking. Once Ginger was done, Twilight got down and had a look at herself in a mirror. She blushed when she saw just how foolish she looked with her diaper on.

"See, it's not so bad," Ginger said, "Now, after all that work, I'm getting kind of hungry. You probably are as well, I can imagine."

Twilight was about to protest when her stomach growled.

"So, I'm a little hungry," Twilight admitted, "Could I at the very least have a dress or something to cover this thing up?"

"I don't really see much problem with that," Ginger said, heading over to one of the boxes, "I know many ponies prefer clothing to cover up a diaper. Let's see what we've got."

The first few dresses she pulled out were a little small, but she eventually found one that fit almost perfectly. It was light blue with a white lace trim. The only thing Twilight didn't like was how it didn't completely drape over the back very well. If one were behind her, they could still tell she was wearing a diaper. Ginger, however, was quick to remind Twilight what she'd agreed to.

"Kids your age don't really get a say in what they wear," She said, "If you want to continue arguing over this, then we can either just go ahead and call it quits, or I can send you to your first time out. That, or you can behave, and we can go eat."

Twilight sat down and gave a little thought to her next choice. She wanted to give this a chance, to see if this is something she was truly willing to dedicate to. Besides, she already felt so small, having been talked to like she just was.

"Fine, I'll go along with it," She said, "But I do wish I could cover this thing up more."

"The more you go without completely hiding your diapers, the better off you'll be in the end. Besides, if you do choose to stick with it, then this'll only make it easier on you," Ginger explained reassuringly, "Now, let's go eat."

As the two made their way to the dining hall, Twilight did her best to hide her diaper. She couldn't tell if anypony noticed, but that didn't make her any less self conscious about it. Once she and Ginger had their food, they sat down to eat. Twilight had just wrapped her spoon up in her magic when Ginger took hold of it.

"Now, now, let it go," Ginger said softly, "Remember, Twilight, dependence. Just give up your worries and concerns to me, let me handle things like this."

The dining hall was full of ponies, making Twilight reluctant to let go of the spoon. Not only was she wearing a diaper that could easily be seen from behind, but now she was being asked to let somepony else feed her in front of everyone there.

"I know why you're so reluctant, but I want to help you get over that stigma," Ginger explained, "And what better time than the present. Trust me, nopony is going to make fun of you. If they try, I'll be sure to tell them off."

Twilight still held onto the spoon, unswayed by the reassurance of Ginger.

"Right, well if you won't give up the spoon, then I'll just have to use mine," Ginger said, letting go of the spoon.

Ginger then dipped her own spoon in Twilight's soup and lifted it up to her mouth. Twilight just kept her mouth shut, not wanting to just give in so easily.

"Oh, come now, Twilight, let's open up for the choo choo train," Ginger said, pulling the spoon back slightly.

Twilight's whole face turned bright red as she held up her own front hooves to try and hide from the world around her. Ginger then just sighed and set the spoon back down in the soup before speaking up again.

"Twilight, I want you to try and let go of this feeling of shame and embarrassment," Ginger said, "I know it's not easy, I get that, but try. Just focus on me, and only me, and you'll see how easy it can be."

"I'm already sitting here in a diaper, with a dress that doesn't fully cover it up. That alone isn't easy for me, and every fiber of me is screaming to get back to my room where nopony can see it," Twilight explained, "Can't we just leave it at that for right now? Please? I don't think my face can get any hotter without melting."

"Oh, very well, I suppose there's no harm in it this time," Ginger said, not wanting to risk making Twilight too uncomfortable with the current situation, "But tomorrow, I won't just relent. This week is to show you what to expect from this treatment, to help you give a more realistic judgement rather than just blindly saying yes or no."

That out of the way, Ginger picked up her spoon and brought it back to her side of the table. For the rest of the meal, Twilight kept fighting against herself, trying to keep her composure. She was determined to give this a fair chance.