• Published 31st Jan 2018
  • 444 Views, 4 Comments

Vinyl's New Opponent - OctaScratchRock



A new racer who claim he can beat the GT-R has arrived. Will Vinyl be able to keep her crown as the fastest pony behind a steering wheel?

  • ...
 4
 444

I'm Racing A Psycho!

Rainbow Dash smiled as she drove her car up to the start line. A long city expressway could be seen in her view. She gripped the steering wheel of her R and said "I've been waiting all day for this."

Naturally Aspirated pulled up beside her in his Corvette. Vinyl walked up in front of the two cars. "We'll start on five!" shouted Vinyl over the two cars' roaring engines.

"Five! Four! Three! Two! One! GO!!!" shouted Vinyl. At that second, she was nearly knocked off her feet as the two cars roared past her.

The R34 instantly took the lead. Vinyl smiled as she saw this. "Go get 'em, Rainbow." she mumbled to herself.

As Rainbow's R pushed by Naturally's Corvette, Naturally began to break out in sweat. "I never would have guessed that a car with so much less horsepower could be so much faster than me. I'll have to shoot directly to my last resort right now." he said. In a curve, the Corvette took the inside and pulled alongside Rainbow Dash's R34. Rainbow looked toward the inside of the corner. She could see the window of the Corvette roll down, and a handgun was pointing out at her! Rainbow Dash's eyeballs shot open as she swerved to the outside!

Rainbow's sudden change of direction proved a bad idea, as the split second decision had cause her to swerve straight off of the road. Her GT-R plummeted off of the elevated motorway and landed on top of a truck on a roadway beneath. Rainbow gunned the engine in reverse and drove off the top of the semi, trying to figure out what highway she'd landed on. Looking around, she found that she'd fallen on a road headed in the exact opposite direction of the race!

She tried looking for an exit ramp or something to get her back on the right road. Her eyes glanced over to the side just in time to see an on ramp leading up to the road she was on previously. She eagerly drove up the ramp at full speed, but at the worst moment possible, she way a "Wrong Way" sign. She wasn't on an on ramp, she was on an off ramp! A semi truck's headlight's came into view ahead of her. She immediately swerved and put two wheels on the guardrail as the truck just barely missed her! She drove up onto the right motorway and wiped the sweat from her forehead.

Naturally Aspirated, who thought he'd killed his opponent, was driving casually down the highway to the finish. Out of nowhere, a streak of blue shot by him at unknown speed. Naturally's eyes shot open as he realized it was Rainbow Dash's R34! He was horrified when he realized who it was. Instinctively, Naturally Aspirated's hoof pushed down onto the accelerator pedal and his car's RPMs soared. He was determined not to let Rainbow Dash cross the finish line alive, for if she even made it to the finish line, she'd be able to tell everypony that she'd nearly been shot by him!

Of course, it was far too late to stop Rainbow, for her R was already too far ahead to catch up to. All hope in Naturally Aspirated's head vanished when Rainbow'd GT-R crossed the finish line first.