• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 429 Views, 69 Comments

Vinyl's New Wheels - OctaScratchRock



Nopony can catch Vinyl Scratch as long as she's driving her new monster of a machine.

  • ...
 69
 429

Attack on the Motorway

Vinyl drove through the night, her headlights illuminating the road ahead of her. She was on a busy, modern freeway, and there were other car around regardless of how late it was. She weaved between trucks and overtook cars, knowing only by GPS directions where she was going. Suddenly, a few other cars appeared in her rear view mirror. They stood out from the rest of the traffic, mainly because they were going fast enough to keep up with her. She adjusted the side mirror to get a better look at the pursuing vehicles. There were four bright red Dodge Challenger Demons driving up behind her.

"It's not too often you see four cars that look identical right next to each other like that." said Vinyl. "But who are they?"

Meanwhile, in the driver's seat of one of the Dodges, a Wonderbolt guard sat. He spoke into his radio. "The black R32. That's the one Spitfire ordered us to take care of. Get her off the road and make sure she's never heard from again."

Suddenly, Vinyl felt a sharp jolt. She had been bumped by one of the red Dodges! "PULL OVER!" one of the Wonderbolt drivers shouted.

Vinyl produced an angry face and shifted into third gear. The R32 suddenly blasted ahead of the four Challengers, scaring their drivers to near death. The four pursuers upshifted and practically stood on their accelerators. The five cars weaved through traffic at speeds of over 270 kilometers per hour, and Vinyl was more than shocked to see her pursuers still in her rear view.

Vinyl smiled. "They won't be there for long." she said. "I haven't even gotten serious yet."

Vinyl shifted into fourth gear and pressed the accelerator down as far as it would go. She was suddenly pressed back into her seat as if she were training to be an astronaut! Tears slipped from her eyes, and her gums became visible! She tried to turn her head to look into her rear view mirror. Her pursuers were nearly gone. Then, she looked down at the gear stick.

"It's worth it!" she said. She barely managed to get her hoof down onto the gearstick, and she shifted into the fifth and final gear. Now, she truly felt herself pressed back into the bucket seat as though she were being sat on! Her eyeballs just barely managed to roll to the side, allowing her to just barely see the rear view mirrors. Her pursuers were nowhere to be found. She tried to make a smile with her mouth (which was barely controllable due to the massive amounts of Gs she was experiencing at the moment), but what the DJ ended up making looked more like the face a horror movie character makes when they're cornered by the killer. Well, Vinyl still tried. Give her some credit.

Flying down the highway at 320 kilometers per hour, her GPS told her to take the next exit. She slammed on the brakes, and the car took her from 320 Km/H to 190 Km/H in a matter of seconds! The mass of inertia that hit her could have made her fly through the windshield, had she not have been wearing her racing seatbelt. Still, the force of the seatbelt holding her in place throughout the massive shock of inertia made her feel like she was being punched in the chest! The car easily took her down the exit still at high speed, and took her straight to the car meet.

"That..........was...........AWWWWEESSOOOOOOOMMMEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she said to herself once the ride was over.