• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 428 Views, 69 Comments

Vinyl's New Wheels - OctaScratchRock



Nopony can catch Vinyl Scratch as long as she's driving her new monster of a machine.

  • ...
 69
 428

The Secrets Behind Speed

Author's Note:

All the facts in Chapter Three are real. You may end up learning something you never knew before.

The driver of the Porsche that had been defeated just happened to be Spitfire of the Wonderbolts. The entire Wonderbolts crew sat down at a table back at their HQ and began to discuss the event.

"How did that R32 beat me!?" she said out loud. "I had 500 horsepower and turbo power, yet I was STILL defeated! What could that R have been hiding?"

Rainbow Dash spoke up. "Some cars just have TOO MUCH power to get the job done." she said.

Everypony in the room looked at her, wide eyed and curious.

"Turbo power is a tremendous advantage in the straights." said Rainbow Dash. "However, it can also lead to a car's downfall. In this case, the amount of time in which Spitfire could use all of her 500 horsepower was very little. As soon as she could have lost her opponents, she would have to brake for the next corner. Considering turbo lag, and how much a turbo can actually slow down a car before it gets going, the R32 had an advantage."

Soarin spoke up. "But the GT-R has turbo power, too! In fact, it has a TWIN turbo!" he said.

Rainbow Dash looked over. "True. However, the GT-R is much more controllable with its turbo. Turbo cars that are rear-wheel drive, like Spitfire's Porsche, will take a long time before they can get back up to speed. All wheel drive cars, like the black R32 we saw last night, are able to use their turbo power as much as they want. They can even apply the gas through corners without sacrificing stability. Basically, the GT-R R32 has no weakness at all."

All the Wonderbolts stared at Rainbow Dash, amazed at her knowledge of power cars.

Spitfire looked at Rainbow Dash. "Perhaps we need to start using all wheel drive cars....." she said.

"I'm afraid that isn't going to work." said Rainbow. "The R32 uses a specially designed all-wheel drive system that is unique to the car. It's equipped with Nissan's ATTESA E-TS System, which is designed to keep the car fully stable at all times, even when the accelerator is being pressed. That way, the R32 is able to just keep going faster and faster no matter what the situation is."

All the Wonderbolts stared up at Rainbow Dash, amazed again.

Spitfire smiled. "We must know who was driving that R32." she said. Then, she looked at Rainbow Dash. "Hey, Dash. Go down to the DMV and see if you can't find out who drives a black Skyline GT-R R32 in this area. I think I remember the plate number even. See if they'll tell you who was behind the wheel." commanded Spitfire.

Rainbow Dash saluted to the command and set out for the DMV, hoping that she could see just who was driving that magnificent car.