• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 424 Views, 69 Comments

Vinyl's New Wheels - OctaScratchRock



Nopony can catch Vinyl Scratch as long as she's driving her new monster of a machine.

  • ...
 69
 424

Octavia's Discovery

Octavia, worried about what Vinyl might be up to with her new car, began considering asking Vinyl what had been keeping her busy. When she did, she got an expected "Nothing." Octavia eventually decided that her best bet was to follow Vinyl and see exactly what had been up.

That night, Octavia found herself climbing into the trunk of Vinyl's R32. "I had better spy on Vinyl and make sure she isn't getting into any trouble." she thought to herself.

As expected, Vinyl walked outside and got into the driver's seat of her car and started the engine. She drove out rather roughly, pushing the clutch in hard. After about 20 minutes of driving, Octavia felt the car come to a stop. She lifted the trunk lid slightly and crawled out. As Octavia had a look around to see where they were, she recognized the place as a rundown warehouse district. She looked around to see at least fifty ponies and at least 20 sports cars around her. It was an underground car meet. Suddenly, she heard Vinyl's GT-R moving ahead without her. She turned to see it pull up at a starting line next to a tuned Porsche. The two cars revved their engines and shook the nighttime air.

A pony walked in front of the two monster machines. As their engines roared, the pony gave three words: "Ready, set, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The two cars roared ahead and the spectators cheered. Octavia was amazed yet surprised. What could have gotten Vinyl into an illegal street racing scene? The GT-R easily passed the Porsche as the two cars weaved between abandoned warehouses and factories. Nissan's RB26 engine echoed through the night as Vinyl's GT-R R32 was now 100 meters ahead of the opposing Porsche. As Octavia watched the event, she felt herself beginning to enjoy it. She felt it disturbing that she was enjoying it, but she was still enjoying it deep down. She watched as Vinyl's car skidded around a tight bend in the course, now 200 meters ahead of its opponent.

"That black car is just so fast!" a spectator cried.

"What kind of monster is that!?" another shouted.

The moonlight illuminated the "GT-R" emblem on the R32's trunk, which let the world know what monster they were watching.

"This car is amazing. Nopony can keep up with it!" said Vinyl to herself.

The R32 crossed the finish line 300 meters ahead of the Porsche. The cheers of spectators filled the night as Vinyl stepped out of her R32 to try and look cool for her victory picture. Octavia smiled.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt anypony if Vinyl was fast." said Octavia.

Octavia rode home in the back of Vinyl's 'R', and Vinyl never suspected a thing.

However, some other ponies surely did.