• Published 18th Jan 2018
  • 428 Views, 69 Comments

Vinyl's New Wheels - OctaScratchRock



Nopony can catch Vinyl Scratch as long as she's driving her new monster of a machine.

  • ...
 69
 428

Invitation

Vinyl sat back on the couch in her home. Octavia walked in with a cup of tea. Suddenly, a knock at the door startled Octavia, and she spilled her tea all over the floor. She sighed, and went to get a towel.

"Could you answer the door while I clean up the mess on the floor?" asked Octavia.

Vinyl nodded and went straight to the door. She opened it up to see Rainbow Dash standing on the front porch. From where she was standing, Vinyl could see a letter in Rainbow's left hoof.

"Spitfire of the Wonderbolts wanted me to send this to you!" said Rainbow in a voice as friendly sounding as she could do.

Vinyl took the letter and read it aloud. It read:

"To Whom it May Concern,
I, the Captain of the Wonderbolts, was the pony whom you battled a few nights ago. I was so impressed by your incredible automobile that I have decided to invite you to join our street racing team. We meet up every two days and race every four nights. Hopefully you will make the right choice and join us, for we can make you even greater.
Signed, Captain Spitfire of the Wonderbolts"

Vinyl didn't know what to think. Of all the ponies who would be wanting to talk to her right now, Spitfire?

Vinyl eventually looked up at Rainbow Dash, who was still trying to look friendly. "It's tempting, Rainbow." she said. "But for now, I race for my own pleasure. I race when and where I want to. I don't think I can join a team of any sort."

Rainbow's friendly smile turned to a surprised stare. "Really? Out of all the ponies who would turn down an offer like this, you?" Rainbow Dash asked. "I was certain that you'd eagerly pile in!"

Vinyl shrugged. "I don't know what to tell you." she said. "But if you want to race me, I'll be attending a car meet tonight at 1:00 AM."

With that, Rainbow Dash decided that she had done all she could, and left.

Later that evening, Spitfire was absolutely furious. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'SHE WON'T JOIN US'!?" she asked angrily.

Rainbow sat in Spitfire's office, sweating and worried. "I, uh, don't know why, but she just didn't, you know, uh, want to, uh, kind of, uh, you see........"

"ENOUGH!!!!!!" shouted Spitfire. "GET OUT OF HERE, AND DON'T SHOW YOUR SILLY FACE IN MY OFFICE AGAIN, RAINBOW CRASH!!!!!!!!!!"

Rainbow took off out of the room with tears in her eyes. Was she really just fired from the Wonderbolts simply because she couldn't get Vinyl to join up? Rainbow was furious on the inside. As she took off out the door, she was visibly eager to follow Spitfire's command to never show her face there again.

That night, Vinyl stepped out into her driveway and started the engine to her R32. The headlights came on and illuminated the driveway. She shifted into reverse and pulled out of the driveway.

What Vinyl didn't know was that there was somepony waiting for her on the highway.