• Published 8th Jan 2018
  • 4,227 Views, 78 Comments

The 5 confessions - silvercrystal432



5 mares confess their feelings to Twilight and now she faces a tough decision on who to pick to court her.

  • ...
17
 78
 4,227

Rainbow's confession

Author's Note:

This chapter is LONG overdue and I am deeply sorry for the very long delay of this chapter. I said it before but I will say it again. I have a procrastination problem. That and I was drawing up blanks every time I tried to work on it. So please forgive me.

Just wanted to tell you that I can't write Rainbow Dash at all, so if she isn't her normal self, then that's why. No Twilight hasn't chosen Celestia, she just keeps thinking and talking about her because that's just Twilight being Twilight.

One more thing. In Celestia's Confession I wrote 'It was when you saved Canterlot from the changeling invasion that I accepted my feelings for you.' The Canterlot wedding never happened because Shining Armor doesn't exist. But the invasion still happened but in a different way.

I love you, Twilight'. That memory was on repeat in Twilight's mind, never leaving, unending. She couldn't think of anthing else as she was flying home to go think about what Celestia said for who knows how long. She soared through Ponyville landing on her bedroom balcony with an elegant flap of her wings. Twilight used her magic to open her balcony door and step inside her bedroom once inside she shut the door behind. Making her over to her bed she began to talk aloud.

"Do I love her truly or do I love her as a friend?." Twilight questioned herself walking to her bed.

But she didn't have time to think about it to much because she was really tired and she has a date with Rainbow Dash tomorrow. She decided to hopefully get an answer tomorrow rather than try to right now half asleep. Twilight climbed on her bed and as soon as her head hit the pillow she was sound asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY

Twilight woke up with a disheveled mane it was sticking up and out in all directions. She got out of bed and made her way to the mirror grabbing a brush with her magic she brushed her mane back to its nice straight and neat self. Once she was was satisfied with she looked she placed the brush back on the dresser where it belonged so she can start the day.

Twilight made her way down her crystal steps to the kitchen so she can get a nice cup of coffee. She took her kettle and added water using her magic she heated the water and added the coffee to it. Pouring her a nice cup of hot coffee for the day she made her way to the throne room and sat down on her throne. Pulling out a book to read with her magic she flipped to the first page and took a sip with of her coffee and began to read.

'I love you, Twilight.' That sentence crawled back into her mind making her stop her reading and think.

"What am I going to do?" She whispered to her self.

Twilight closed her book and sighed knowing she wasn't going to get any reading done.

"This doesn't make any sense." Twilight rubbed her chin with a hoof while trying to think.

"Oh what fun is there in making sense, little sparkle." Out of no where a door appeared and out came Discord in all his chaotic glory. Discord closed the door and expected it to disappear but it didn't. Discord shooed at the door with his claw and paw "Shoo you aren't needed anymore get outta here." The door sprouted eyes and mouth and made an audible "Awwww" before sprouting legs and walking away looking sad.

Twilight was just standing there thinking of why a door just sprouted eyes, a mouth, and legs then just walked away but the more she thought about the more she realised she really shouldn't because it's Discord.

"Well that was something."

"Hahaha I know right that's actually the first time that's ever happened, apparently even I Discord surprised myself. And that's almost impossible."

"With that aside Discord, what are you doing here?"

"What, am I not allowed to visit my friend?" Faking being hurt

Twilight began to think and decided that she needed someone to talk to and Discord was the only one around to talk to. "I can't believe i'm gonna say this, Discord I need to talk to you."

"Oh, what about, is it something chaotic, did you finally wanna have fun." Discord pulled out a scroll from thin-air and looked at it. "Now we could go prank Rarity, by dyeing her mane turquoise."

"Discord."

"Oh how about Applejack, by turning the apples blue and the trees rainbows." Discord began to laugh.

"Discord." Twilight was starting to get annoyed by Discord's antics.

"Oh how about Rainbow Dash, by taking her-."

"DISCORD!."

Discord stopped talking and looked at Twilight with a surprised look before finishing. "Wings away."

Twilight gave Discord the death stare. "This is serious Discord."

The scroll Discord had in his paw sprouted wings and flew away. He snapped his claw and he was in a black suit and tie with a pipe. "I am serious, can't you see." A smug grin plastered on his face.

Twilight just looked at him with an expressionless gaze clearly not amused by Discord's antics.

"Oh alright." Snapping his claw the suit and pipe disappeared. "What is it."

"I need to talk to you about somepony."

"Oh and who might that be?" Knowing full well who it might be.

"Princess Celestia."

Discord looked at Twilight with a grin knowing what she was most likely going to say next. "Why her?"

"She confessed to me last night." Twilight looked away blushing.

"It's about time." Discord deadpanned

"Wait, you knew!?" Twilight was surprised that Discord knew.

"Well of course I knew every-time I visited her for tea all she would talk about was her feelings for you."

"She did?"

"It was always 'I love her so much but I don't know what to say' or 'what if I tell her and she rejects me'." Discord said in his mock impression of Celestia.

"She was that scared to tell me."

"Yep she was, and it was about time she said something, it was getting really annoying hearing her talk about you all day."

Twilight began to think about what Discord said, playing every scenario she could think of in her mind but then she remembered she had a date with Rainbow Dash today so she had to put what she was thinking about away in her mind for later.

"Thanks Discord, you really helped me." Twilight gave Discord a hug who was surprised at first but returned the gesture.

"Anytime, Twilight."

Breaking the hug Discord looked at his arm and his eyes went wide. "Oh my look at the time I must be going now." Discord summoned a crayon and drew on his arm a watch and showed it to Twilight before summoning a roller-coaster car and track. He got in and summoned a button "Well it was fun Twilight but I have to ride, sorry" Discord pushed the button and the car took off down the track out the door. If you listen close enough you can hear an audible "Weeeeee" down the corridor. Shortly after, the track disappeared into bubbles before popping.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "What am I going to do with him." Twilight giggled to herself as she walked to the kitchen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE

Rainbow was in her cloud home in Cloudsdale, getting ready for her date with Twilight. She was looking at herself in the mirror making sure she looked perfect. Well by perfect I mean the same as always but she did shower and she put on some lavender perfume on for Twilight.

She turned her body to the left then right looking at herself. "All right, i'm ready for my date with Twilight." Rainbow said with her cocky attitude. 'Then I can tell her how I feel'

Rainbow dashed out of her cloud home and made her way over to Twilight's castle to pick her up for their date.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was in the kitchen getting something to drink when she looked at the clock.

"It's twelve already!, I need to get ready for my date with Rainbow, fast." Twilight said beginning to panic.

Twilight rushed down the halls of her palace, going up stairs and turning down corridors until she reached her bedroom. Throwing open the doors she rushed in and made a mad dash to the bathroom to shower and get ready.

Once she was cleaned she brushed her mane to get all the strands of her hair back into their perfect straight place where they belong. Going to her dresser she took some perfume and sprayed a little on her neck and put it back. Looking in the mirror she made sure she looked nice for her date with Rainbow. No matter the occasion she always wanted to look her best. Something she picked up by being around Rarity alot.

Satisfied that she looked nice she made her to the map room and sat down on her throne. Pulling a book out with her magic, she decided to read to pass the time while she waited for Rainbow.

Knock knock knock

The knock at her door brought Twilight out of her deep reading. Putting the book down, Twilight walked to the door to see who it was. Opening the door Twilight saw Rainbow Dash looking nicer than usual.

"Hey Rainbow, you look nice."

A small blush appeared on Rainbow's face as she looked at Twilight. Her eyes scanning Twilight's body looking at how beautiful she was. And before she knew it she got lost in those beautiful purple eyes that Twilight has.

Twilight just looked at Rainbow with a confused and worried look. Waving a hoof in front of Rainbow's face Twilight tried to get her attention. "Rainbow?, you ok?"

Rainbow was brought out of her trance and shook her head. She then registered in her head that Twilight complimented her.

"O-oh. You look nice too." Rainbow was beyond embarrassed now.

Not wanting to waste any time Twilight walked outside and closed the door behind her. "So Rainbow, where are we going?"

Rainbow, back to her normal self looked at Twilight with a smug grin. "you'll see."

'I wonder where we are going.' Twilight thought to herself.

Spreading her wings Rainbow took flight. "Come on, it's faster if we fly there."

"Alright." Twilight unfurled her wings and gave them a strong flap taking to the air.

"Just follow me, ok Twi." Rainbow turned and flew off.

Twilight complied and followed close behind Rainbow as to not lose her. After awhile Twilight saw Rainbow dive down to the ground to land Twilight following close behind her and landed next to Rainbow.

Rainbow turned around and looked at Twilight. "We're here."

Looking at what was in front of her was a movie theater. The theater was painted red and there was sign showing what movies were playing. A Nightmare on Marestreet, Daring Do and The Sapphire Stone, and Never Apart.' Twilight smiled to herself. 'Only Rainbow would come here for a date.'

Rainbow looked at the movies playing then looked at Twilight. "So Twilight we have a choice of a horror movie, action and romance. What do you want to see?" 'If Twilight picks the horror movie she will latch on to me and bury her muzzle into my fur when something scary happens. If she picks the action movie she and I will enjoy it and have fun. If she picks the romance movie it might get a little awkward for her and me.'

Twilight looked at her options and with a little thinking she made her decision. "How about the action movie. I don't like horror because it's creepy and the romance movie might make it a little awkward for the both of us."

Rainbow nodded in agreement and walked up to the ticket booth to get their tickets for Daring Do. Paying for the tickets Rainbow gestured for Twilight to follow her to get something to eat for the movie. With everything they made their way into the theater to enjoy the movie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 HOURS LATER

Twilight and Rainbow came out of the theater with happy smiles.

"That was a really good movie. I liked when Daring Do had to escape the pit of Alister while chained to a wall with the walls slowly closing in."

Rainbow laughed softly, knowing that the date went well and Twilight had fun. But now was the time for Rainbow to admit her feelings to Twilight.

"Uh...Twilight, can you come with me for a second. I need to tell you something"

Snapping out of her rant on the movie Twilight looked at Rainbow. "Sure Rainbow, where are headed?"

"You'll see."

Both Rainbow and Twilight spread their wings and took off to the skies. Finding a suitable cloud Rainbow landed on it with Twilight landing shortly after.

"So what was it that you needed to tell me Rainbow?" Worry etched on Twilight's face.

Nervousness crept up Rainbow as she tried to speak."I-I-I" 'Come on Dash you can do it'. "I love you Twilight. From the moment I met you when you first came to Ponyville I loved you. I didn't realise it at first because I thought it was just a silly crush I developed. But over time with us talking, getting to know each other better and all the adventures we had. I realised I fell in love with you. What made it official was when we were in the Crystal Empire and you risked your life to get the Crystal Heart to stop Sombra from taking back the empire and enslaving the crystal ponies. That was then I realised I fell in love with you." She did it, she told Twilight her feelings.

Twilight was standing there in shock and fear. She didn't know what to do.'I don't know what to do. Rainbow AND Celestia are both in love with me. I need time to think about this alone.' Twilight was mentally panicking about what just happened. After a while Twilight calmed down and finally responded.

"I will need time to think."

Rainbow smiled at Twilight. "Take as much time as you need. I can wait."

"Thank you Rainbow."

Rainbow went up to Twilight and hugged her which Twilight hugged Rainbow back.

"I had fun Rainbow."

"I had fun too Twi."

They both smiled at each other before Twilight turned around and spread her wings to fly back home and think about what just happened. Looking back at Rainbow, Twilight waved good-bye and Rainbow did the same. Twilight lifted herself off the ground and flew back home.

Rainbow watched with a small smile as Twilight flied home. 'Take as much time as you need Twi. I will wait forever if I have to.'