• Published 8th Jan 2018
  • 4,227 Views, 78 Comments

The 5 confessions - silvercrystal432



5 mares confess their feelings to Twilight and now she faces a tough decision on who to pick to court her.

  • ...
17
 78
 4,227

Celestia's confession

Author's Note:

PLEASE READ

This chapter and the next four chapters take place in the past, this is before Twilight has to make the decision on which mare she wants. I know that some parts are a bit rushed and I promise that those will be fixed in the future. And I know there are grammatical errors in here as well and those will be fixed too so you don't have to kill me in the comments.

I am deeply sorry for the long wait for this chapter, I have a procrastination problem so it takes time to get these chapters up. I also have a Twi ship that has never been written so expect that story to go up sometime and again I am sorry for the long wait for this chapter, I promise I will put the next chapters up sooner. I'm also not one to put a whole lot of detail in my stories so i am sorry for that but the more I write the better I will get.

Thank you

Oh and if you like the long chapter then I will do my best to make the other chapters long like this one.

Celestia was in her bedchamber sitting down sipping her favorite tea, Moonleaf tea, its taste was very sweet like blueberries with honey and an almost unnoticeable taste of apricot in it, but Celestia has been drinking this tea for many years so she is able to tell that there's apricot. Most ponies who drink that tea can't even tell that there's and extra flavor in it, but Celestia could easily tell which flavors were in moonleaf tea. Celestia placed her cup on the saucer and placed it on a nearby table, she got up and decided to go for a moonlight stroll through the royal gardens. Celestia opened the door with her magic and closed it behind her.

"Your majesty, where are you going?" The royal guards said in unison

"Don't worry about me guards i'm just going for a walk in the gardens" Celestia said in her motherly tone.

"Do you need us to come with you?"

"Haha, no its alright, I will be fine" Celestia said walking down the hall. Before the guards could say anything else, she was already gone making her way to the gardens.

Celestia arrived at the gardens, she walked down its pathway stopping at some moments to sniff the flowers she came across, tulips, roses, violets (her favorite), and lilacs. She found a nice spot to sit in the center of the garden and think, well, think about the only pony that's been on her mind for awhile and the special day tomorrow.

'I can't wait for our date tomorrow, Twilight.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was running around her castle library frantically not knowing what to do.

"Twilight, calm down your gonna hit something" Spike said as he was looking at Twilight running around the room

"Calm down. CALM DOWN!?. How am I gonna calm down I have been asked out by 5 mares Spike and they're all this week".

"Oh"

"I can't believe I accepted to go out on 5 dates with 5 different mares!, this is not something I can calm down about. I have a date with Celestia tomorrow. A date with Rainbow Dash on Tuesday. A date with Cadance on Wednesday. A date with Spitfire on Thursday. And a date with Luna on Friday. I am booked the whole week now Spike, and I have no idea why they asked me out at all."

"Twilight, just calm down and get some sleep you will know what to do in the morning, you always do".

Twilight was doing her best to calm down and, well, it was working. When she was calm and collected she finally spoke

"Thanks spike, i'll get some sleep and see what I can do before my date tomorrow"

"Your welcome, now get to bed I have to clean up this mess you made"

Twilight looked around the room seeing books everywhere on the ground some opened and some closed. Twilight put a hoof behind her head and rubbed it "hehe". Spike just looked at Twilight with a raised brow before shoving her out the door. Spike closed the door and went for his chair and pulled out his comic book he was reading, it was 'The Mane-iac returns, a hair-razing revenge'.

"Now where was I".

Twilight made her way to her room and opened the door and closed it behind her. Twilight walked up to her bed and laid down on it thinking of all the events that happened yesterday as she drifted off to sleep.

FLASHBACK

Twilight was walking around her castle reading a book like she does sometimes, when she heard a knock at her door. Twilight wondered who was at her door so she closed her book and walked up to it and opened the door, when she did she saw Spitfire there.

"Um...hi Spitfire what brings you here?."

"Oh I just wanted to know if your free on Thursday, because that's the only day I have off this week."

"Yes, i'm free on Thursday Spitfire, but, why?."

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to hang out with you hon, that's all."

"Well, by 'hang out', I mean go flying together."

"Okay, that sounds fun, I guess I will see you Thursday."

With that Spitfire nodded her head happily and flew off .

"I'm going flying with Spitfire, this should be fun." Twilight said closing the door behind her.

Twilight walked back through the halls of her castle and into the map room. Twilight found where she left her book and began to read where she left off. Twilight was reading for about an hour when she heard a knock at her door.

"Who could that be?"

Twilight put her book down on the cutie map and walked to the door again. When she opened the door she saw Cadance was there.

"Cadance! Its so nice to see you, I didn't know you were in town."

"It's nice to see you too Twilight, and i'm in town for the week and i wanted to spend time with you. Are you free on Wednesday?"

"Of course i'm free on Wednesday." Twilight said gleefully.

"That's wonderful to hear Twilight." Cadance said happily before continuing. "The Starswirl exhibit is in town and I was thinking we could go and enjoy ourselves."

Twilight had completely forgotten that the Starswirl exhibit was in town. "I. Would. Love to go to the Starswirl exhibit with you, this is going to be so much fun."

Cadance walked up to Twilight and hugged her which Twilight accepted happily.

"Would you like to come in for tea Cadance?" Twilight said still hugging each other.

"I would, but I have to attend to royal business in Canterlot, i'm sorry Twilight."

"Oh, well, I shouldn't keep you any longer then Cadance."

Cadance released Twilight from their hug and waved Twilight good-bye before flying off. Cadance wanted to stay with Twilight a little bit longer but she couldn't, she had to return to Canterlot for royal business. Twilight watched Cadance fly off before turning around and going back inside the castle to continue reading her book on magical theory which she wanted to finish. Twilight walked back to the map room and sat back down on her throne, she then levitated her book with her magic and began to read where she left off.

Twilight was reading for about thirty-minutes when she heard another knock at her door, Twilight was getting a little tired of being interrupted so many times. Twilight put her book down, again, and walked to the door to see who it was this time. Twilight opened the door and saw that it was none other than the sun goddess her self.

"P-princess Celestia, what are you doing here?" Twilight asked nervously.

"Twilight, please just Celestia is fine."

"Y-yes pri-Celestia."

"So Twilight, I was wondering if you were free on Monday, because we haven't seen each other in a while and I wanted to spend some time with you." If Celestia thought she wasn't nervous then she would be lying because she nervous but she show it.

"That sounds wonderful Celestia, I would love too."

Celestia was overjoyed to hear that her faithful student was free. "If its not to much trouble Twilight, can I come in for some tea."

"Oh of course you can, right this way." Twilight said motioning Celestia inside her castle.

Twilight led Celestia to the kitchen and told her sit down at the table. Twilight left Celestia alone so she can go fix the tea for herself and the princess. Celestia was alone at the table thinking to herself.

'I'm so happy Twilight wanted to go on a date with me, even thought I didn't mention it was a date, but she still said yes and that makes me so overjoyed.'

"I'm back with the tea." Twilight snapped Celestia out of her thoughts.

Twilight walked to the table and set down a tea cup for Celestia and herself. "I hope you like the tea." Twilight poured the tea in Celestias cup then her own. Celestia picked up her cup in her magic and took a sip, Celestias eyes burst open and looked at Twilight.

"Twilight, this tea, is amazing!" Celestia said looking at Twilight.

"Um... thank you Celestia." Twilight felt a little blush happening.

Celestia and Twilight started talking to each other about what was happening with their lives and sometimes meaningless chatter. They both finished their tea and began walking to the door together. Twilight opened the door for Celestia so she could walk out first with Twilight coming second. Celestia turned around and thanked Twilight.

"Thank you for the tea Twilight."

"Anytime Celestia." Twilight said very happily.

They both exchanged hugs with each other before saying their good-byes.

"Good-bye Twilight."

"Good-bye Celestia."

Celestia and Twilight waved good-bye to each other before Celestia flew off back to Canterlot. Twilight turned around and walked back inside her castle... again. She sat down on her throne and began reading her book where she left off.

"That was nice and relaxing, talking to Celestia." Twilight said to her self. Twilight was reading her book again trying very hard to finish it. After about an hour or so she was over half way done with it when Twilight heard a loud crash coming from a window in the room. Twilight put her book down and ran right over to Rainbow Dash, seeing if she was hurt anywhere.

"Rainbow! are you ok?." Twilight said, concerned for her friend.

"Yeah... i'm fine." Rainbow said dizzly holding her head with her hooves.

"You don't sound fine, are you sure you're ok?"

Rainbow shook her head rapidly back and forth before getting up and responding. "Ya see, i'm fine, really." Rainbow said puffing out her chest. Twilight looked at her with a raised eyebrow before sighing and giving in, there was no way she was going to win.

"If you say so." Twilight reluctantly said still not believing that Rainbow was fine. "Why are you here any way?"

"Oh, I wanted to know if you wanted to hang with me on Tuesday, if your free that is."

"You know your the fourth pony to ask me to be with them today. I'm sensing a pattern here now." Twilight rubbed her chin with a hoof for a second before shrugging thinking it was just a coincidence and left it at that. "Oh I haven't answered your question yet, sorry, my answer is yes, i'm free on Tuesday."

"Awesome, that's all I needed to know so see you later Twi." Rainbow unfurled her wings and took flight to the window she came in, Rainbow waved good-bye to Twilight and flew off leaving that rainbow streak behind her like she always does.

"Well, I guess I have to fix the window now." Twilight sighed as she used a mending spell to fix the broken window. Twilight looked at the window and realized it was night time."Well thats just great I didn't get to finish my book!" Twilight said angrily walking to her room. She opened the door and walked inside closing it behind her.

"Hello Sparkle."

"AAAAAHHHH" Twilight screamed jumping in the air.

"We apologize for frightening you." Luna said walking out of the shadows.

"Princess Luna, its you. Wait, what are you doing her?"

"Sparkle, please, call us Luna, and we came to ask if you are free on Friday."

Twilight finally calm responded "Yes Luna, i'm free on Friday. But why?"

"We wish to spend time with you Sparkle and... Maybe do some star-gazing together." Luna said blushing at the last part.

"That sounds fun, I cant wait to spend time with you." Twilight said happily.

"I do apologize for cutting our time short but I have to attend to my nightly duties." Luna said sadly because she didnt want to leave Twilight.

"Oh, well I guess I will see you Friday then Luna." Twilight said walking up to Luna and giving her hug which was returned.

"Good-bye Sparkle."

"Good-bye Luna."

Luna opened the balcony doors and flew off back to Canterlot. Twilight watched Luna fly off before walking back inside and use her magic to shut the balcony doors. Twilight got in bed and wrapped up ready to get some sleep.

"Well at least I have one day to prepare." With that Twilight drifted off to sleep.

END FLASHBACK

Today was monday, and Twilight knew what day that was. It was her and Celestias date today but the bad thing was that Twilight didn't know what time to meet Celestia. Twilight began pacing back and forth thinking when a scroll appeared in front of her before dropping on the floor. Twilight used her magic to pick up the scroll and read it.

Dear Twilight
please forgive me for not giving the time of our date
I want you to be here at the castle at 7pm
don't be late.
And there will be a carriage that will stop
by to get you around 6:30.
Oh and you don't need to dress-up just
come here as you are.

From, Celestia

Twilight took the scroll in her magic and placed it on a nearby table.

"Hmmmm, its only 4pm right now so I have got some time to spare before my date with Celestia. I still dont know why those five asked me out."

Twilight decided to get some reading done before she had to leave for her date.

2 and half hours later

Twilight was reading her book on Magical Theory when she heard a knock at her door.

"That's most likely the guards here to get me." Twilight closed her and walked to the door to open it.

"Hello your highness, we are here to escort you to the castle." The guards said in unison bowing low.

"Thank you." Twilight got in the carriage and with flap of the guards wings they were off to Canterlot.

While being taken to Canterlot Twilight decided to look at the scenery. The lush green forest and the birds chirping their little tune set Twilights mind at ease as she got closer and closer to her destination.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia was waiting outside of the palace where Twilight was supposed to arrive. And let's just say that Celestia was REALLY nervous about her date with Twilight. She was so nervous that it was easily seen on her face, which she tried to dismiss but she couldn't, no matter how hard she tried.

"Twilight will be here any minute now, does my mane look good, how about my hooves, are they nice, ohhh why am I so nervous." Celestia said trying her best not to panic. No amount of royal training could prepare her self for this date.

Celestia watched as she saw the chariot land and have Twilight walk towards her giving her a hug which the princess returned excitedly.

"Princess its so nice see you again." Twilight said happily, letting go of Celestia.

"It is always good to see you too Twilight and I thought I said to just call me Celestia." Celestia teased making Twilight blush with embarrassment.

"Hehehe... sorry Celestia." Twilight was still a little embarrassed but remembered the date. " S-so what do you have p-planned f-for us tonight pr-Celestia." Twilight managed to stammer out.

Celestia smiled at Twilight before responding "I was thinking we could walk around in the gardens and have a picnic".

"That sounds fun and relaxing".

"I'm glad you think so Twilight, now then shall we walk over their." Celestia turned around and gestured Twilight with a wing to follow her. Twilight was walking with Celestia side by side to the gardens occasionaly looking up and smiling at her which Celestia smiled back everytime.

Celestia and Twilight continued to walk down the long hall of the palace until they reached a set of dark oak doors which led out to the gardens. Celestia used her magic to open the doors and let Twilight go first before her shutting the doors behind them. All around them were all kinds of plants and flowers that blew in the nightly breeze that was a breath taking sight for Twilight. Celestia walked up to Twilight and saw the awe-struck look on her face which ushered a small chuckle from the white alicorn.

"Well if I had known you liked the garden this much I would have taken you out here more often to enjoy the sight." Celestia teased.

Twilight finally brought out of her trance turned to Celestia with an embarrassed blush "I-I'm sorry."

"There's no need to be sorry I too enjoy the lovely view of this place, it's quite relaxing actually." Celestia said.

"It is relaxing I could be out here all day." Twilight said turning her head back to the lovely garden staring at its beauty.

"Come Twilight, we should go to our picnic i'm quite hungry." Celestia's stomach groaned in hunger bringing an embarrassed blush to her face.

Twilight's stomach began to groan at the mention of food and she too began to blush with embarrassment before turning to Celestia and started to chuckle. "I guess i'm hungry as well."

"Then lets be on our way. To the picnic." Celestia said beckoning Twilight to follow her with a hoof.

Celestia lead Twilight through the garden walking past beds of tulips, roses, and a surprisingly large amount of violets before making her way to a small pond and stopping.

"We're here Twilight." Celestia said walking over to a small hill where there picnic was and sat down.

Twilight looked around the area she was in and it was beautiful. All around her were flowers of all kinds except on this little hill where the blanket was on. The moon was making its way in the sky casting a glow on the pond in front of her. In the middle of the pond were two swans.

Twilight was brought out of her thought by the sound of a voice calling her name. "Twilight" Celestia called from the small hill. Twilight turned to Celestia and walked over to the hill and sat down on the blanket with her former mentor. Celestia used her magic and brought out two tea cups from the picnic basket and placed them on a small table she conjured up. She brought out a kettle next with water and used her magic to heat it up, then put her favorite tea in the kettle Moonleaf tea before poring it in the tea cups and offering a cup to Twilight which she took in her magic and took a sip savoring the taste then placing her cup on the table.

"This is really good Celestia, what tea is this?" Twilight asked

Celestia took a sip from her tea and put her cup on the table with Twilight's before turning to her former student and smiled "It's called Moonleaf my faithful Twilight, it's my favorite." Celestia had a small blush when she said that, thankfully Twilight wasn't looking at her so she didn't notice it.

Celestia used her magic to levitate a dafodil sandwich to Twilight and one to herself. Twilight thanked Celestia and took a bit out of her sandwich.

"This is really good Celestia. Did you make these your self?" Twilight asked

Swallowing the food that was in her mouth Celestia responded "Indeed I did Twilight, i'm glad you like them." 'She likes them, she really likes them I could die from happiness right now.'

Celestia and Twilight finished there food and tea and were just relaxing now sitting and looking at the stars. Celestia looked over at Twilight and draped a wing over her pulling her close.

"T-Twilight"

Twilight looked up at Celestia "Yes Celestia?"

"I need to tell you something."

"You can tell me anything." Giving Celestia a reasuring smile.

Celestia's heart started to beat faster and faster with nervousness as she tried tell Twilight how she feels. "I-I-I" 'Damnit why is this so hard.' Celestia took in a breath calming herself down before she continued. "I l-love you, Twilight, ever since you saved my sister I loved you I just didn't know at that time and I thought it was just happiness for you but over time I started to relise I loved you. It was when you saved Canterlot from the changling invasion that I accepted my feelings for you and I tried several times after that day to tell you how I feel but I failed every time, I was scared to tell you, scared that you will reject me. So I will say it again Twilight, I love you with all my heart and soul, noone ever made me feel this way but you Twilight. Only you made me feel this way." She did it, she told Twilight how she felt about her, she was happy but also scared.

Twilight's eyes grew wide as she was shocked and surprised to hear her former mentor tell her that she loved her. Thinking she was able to come up with a response. "I-I d-don't know what say, I will need time to think about this, I will tell you my answer when I am ready, is that ok Celestia."

Celestia was thrilled and a little dissapointed but she knew Twilight would say that considering she knew her her whole life. So she decided to go with what Twilight said and wait.

"I will wait as long as you need me to Twilight."

Twilight wraped Celestia in a big hug and whispered "Thank you." Celestia returned the hug to her former student holding themselves in the embrace for a while before breaking apart.

"It's getting late Celestia and I think I should head home and thank you for a wonderful time."

"No Twilight, thank you."

Celestia and Twilight got up and hugged each other again for a little while before breaking the hug.

Twilight unfurled her wings ready to take off back home "Good-bye Celestia."

"Good-bye Twilight."

Twilight took off heading back home leaving Celestia alone to think. She looked up staring at Twilight flying away.

'I meant what I said, I will wait for as long as she needs me to.'