• Published 30th Dec 2017
  • 1,726 Views, 26 Comments

T&EG Welcome To Canterlot High: Short Stories - LPFanFic



A collection of short stories that tie in with Thomas & Equestria Girls: Welcome To Canterlot High.

  • ...
 26
 1,726

4. Never, Never, Never Give Up

Welcome To Canterlot High
Short Stories!

4.Never, Never, Never Give Up.

[Thursday Afternoon]

With the plan to leave Lady alone for the time being until they figure out a solution to restore her memories, Twilight has taken it upon herself to study Lady's Gold Dust in hopes of discovering any means of curing her amnesia through the Sparkles. Obtaining a lock of Lady's hair and Sunset lending her Gold Dust filled locket, Twilight now has all the necessary tools to research this prospect. Seeing no time like the present, Twilight decided to head home to get started on her research, inviting Edward to tag along after the two stopped by the Canterlot Mall to pick up a few things from Twilight's job.

Edward, Twilight Sparkle, and Spike arrive at her residence. Her house looked very big and fancy on the outside. Inside was no exception. As they entered, Edward was amazed to see her home and how big the entry hallway he stood in was. To their left was Twilight's living room space. And further down past it led into the kitchen. Past the kitchen and stationed at the end of the house was the dinning room where the family eats. The entrance hall had a wide staircase ascending up to the second floor.

"So," Twilight said putting her things away. "This is my place."

She opens up her backpack to let Spike out and roam around the house. Twilight stood beside Edward taking it all in.

"Yeah, a lot of my friends had that impression. The house does seem a lot bigger inside."

"I can see how," Edward said.

"Even though geometrically, the exterior perimeter is meant to evoke the density and mass of the interior by which the magnitude was formulated to determine the immensity of both precincts."

Confused, Edward looked at Twilight with a raised eyebrow.

Twilight grinned shyly. "Or it's just pretty big."

"Oh. That makes sense too!" Edward smiled.

Her and Edward share a light giggle over the exchange. Twilight then stood a foot above the steps leading upstairs.

"Go ahead and have a look around!" she encouraged. "I just need to get a few things organized real quick then I'll show you the garage."

"Where are you going?"

"My room. I'll be back down in a few minutes." She continues heading up the stairs, "Help yourself to whatever's in the kitchen."

Waiting for Twilight to return, Edward explored the house with Spike, astonished by the fancy furnishing, interior design, and decorative belongings. Canterlot High School and the mall were amazing to explore. But Edward's never been inside a regular house before, and this household was a few notches above your typical suburban residence. He saw a number of framed pictures hung on the wall, all included either Twilight, a boy he didn't recognize, or one with her whole family.


Edward and Spike then sat down on one of the couches in the living room and shared discussions about themselves. He would think talking back to a dog would come off as weird at first, but Edward soon stopped questioning the strangeness of it quickly. After Edward shared his time on Sodor, Spike explained various events him and Twilight were apart of ever since they started going to Canterlot High, even how he ended up with the ability to talk. Edward was most shocked after hearing what happened during the Friendship Games. But learning that Twilight has since then been more tamed when it came to magic brushed off his worries. Spike even shared a little bit on how Twilight's learned almost everything she could about many things.

"That must get pretty boring after a while I imagine," Edward said. "Someone who knows practically everything doesn't really have a lot left to discover or be surprised over."

"That's why she transferred to CHS," Spike said. "Besides, Twilight loves that kind of stuff. Science, math, all that other stuff I don't understand. So long as she's learning something, Twilight's never that easily bored."

"But, what else is there left for her to learn? She even seems to have a good grasp on her magic as well as Gold Dust. What could the school teach that Twilight doesn't already know?"

"How about friendship for starters."

"Hmm. Why would she have to learn that? Twilight already has lots of friends."

Spike felt hesitated. "Well, it wasn't always like that."

He explained to Edward Twilight's life prior to meeting the Girls, going back to what he already told Edward about their time in Crystal Prep and how out of place she felt among her peers, who only resented her for being reclusive and the top student at her school. She started off having friends but slowly lost touch with them and began enjoying her and Spike's company more than sharing it with others.

Edward was puzzled. He'd assumed because Twilight had so many friends that she must be really good at making them. To hear about this portion of her life that didn't include good friends made Edward feel sorry for her a little.

"After she met Sunset and the others, Twilight's been trying to understand the concept of friendship and learns new stuff about it almost all the time."

"I see. I guess there is plenty of aspects to friendship you could learn. And because she has magic now, that's another thing she can spend time learning as well."

"She loves it! Magic's has been one of her favorite subjects to research recently." Spike sighed then grumbled to himself, "Even if she's always doubting herself."

"Oh? What do you mean, Spike?"

Spike hesitated again. He wasn't sure if he should be talking about Twilight behind her back like this. But, talking to Edward so far has eased Spike enough where he feels trusted to let him know what Twilight's really going through. He already knows a good amount, so why not go the extra mile.

"Twilight finds ways to put blame on herself whenever things go wrong and looses confidence in dealing with magic problems."

"But, shouldn't Twilight's time at that Camp reassured her otherwise?"

"It's a bit different than that. But, yeah, I thought she'd finally gotten over it. You know, feeling responsible for all the bad that comes with magic problems. But, when we started learning about Gold Dust,"

A concerned Edward interrupted. "She hasn't been this way all week, has she?"

"Not all week. She was really eager at first actually."

"What changed?"

"Hey, you two!" Twilight entered the living room. "Ready to check out the garage?"

"Yes!" Edward said. "Let's do that now."

Edward and Spike shared a glance then smiled to each other. It was best to guise their concerns for now seeing Twilight in good mood. Spike hopped onto Edward's lap. Edward picked Spike up and held him while walking over to meet Twilight as all three left the house, made their way to the garage and entered her Laboratory.


If exploring Twilight's house was amusing enough for Edward, seeing the complex laboratory inside her garage was something else entirely. Twilight flicks on a light switch then goes around turning on all sorts of machinery, which began to hum, drone, light up and buzz upon activation. The dark garage area was now lit with monitors, readings, and other bright screens built into the hardware and other strange contraptions.

The room was square with one regular door leading outside to the left. There was one long desk stationed up against the left wall with six different monitors, a bookshelf bolted above, and different bolts, gears, tools, batteries, springs, and recoiled wires scattered about. Another desk was stationed close with a computer, keyboard, and various writing utensils neatly organized. There were different kinds of machine cabinets placed all over the garage, the likes of which Edward's never seen nor could even fathom what they're for and how they're even constructed. Such machines include a schematics printer, a long, vertical tube with blue liquid inside. A large, metal cabinet big enough to fit people with pink rings attached to both sides and doors that slide open. There were even washing machines and microwaves converted into power outlets and readings for large cable wires to plug in various spots.

Hailing from a world that hasn't caught up with Twilight's yet nearly came close to becoming a culture shock for someone like Edward. But after everything else he's seen already, from the Magic Railroad, the powers Twilight and her friends possess, and the fact he's a person in a completely different world from Sodor helped to ease this stress, along with Twilight's friendly assurance and guidance.

Edward sat down Spike who trotted over to join Twilight already sitting at one of her desks. He proceeds his way over as well, reaching Twilight typing away on her computer. Twilight paused and turned her attention to Edward still examining this alien like environment and looking noticeably confused by her laboratory.

"I hope it's not too much of a shock," Twilight said. "Being from a universe that's yet to evolve with today's technological advances might all seem very intimidating."

"It is rather… different," Edward said trying to find the right words. "But, you know an awful lot about this kind of stuff. If you think it's safe, then so do I."

Twilight smiled with appreciation. "I did design and put together half the equipment and hardware in here. So, you've got nothing to worry about, Edward. Just, you know, don't touch anything without my permission."

"Of course," Edward agreed.

Then she dug through her bag and pulled out Lady's hair string contained in a clear plastic petri dish and Sunset Shimmer's locket containing a collection of Gold Dust she gathered from Thomas' blackout at her house.

"Looks like we have everything we need!" Spike said excitedly. "Now let's find us a cure."

"What should I do in the meantime?" Edward asked.

Twilight spun around on her chair back to facing the work desk where all the scattered tools laid.

"I'm gonna need you're help for when," Then Twilight paused suddenly.

She stares at Lady's lock of hair in one hand and Sparkle contained Locket in the other. She was reminded of how excited she was when discovering Gold Dust in the first place, back when she didn't know what it was or where it came from. She was more than eager to learn all about it and got caught up in the excitement of seeing it in action when Pinkie Pie accidentally used some to teleport outside the school.

During this, a jar of Gold Dust Twilight gathered after Thomas' first blackout was left unattended in the band room. Splatter & Dodge, two diesel engines trying to find Lady as well, stole this Gold Dust jar and handed it to Diesel 10, who's been using Lady's magic to do harm on other engines. When finding this out, Twilight Sparkle felt the most responsible for leaving the Gold Dust behind, seeing how it was her jar and her collection of Gold Dust she spent a whole night studying.


When this all caught up to her again, Twilight then started feeling terrible. Her face fell and shoulders slouched in discouragement. Twilight sets the petri dish and locket on the table, followed by her arms now resting on the edge of the desk. Edward and Spike were confused at first.

"What's the matter, Twilight?" Spike asked.

"Nothing, Spike. Just having a rough start."

"But, we haven't gotten started yet," Edward said.

Twilight sighed. "I know. And now that I think about it, maybe it's better we don't start at all."

"You mean we just wait for Lady's memory to return on their own?" Spike said.

"It's a better plausible probability than whatever I can decipher from the Sparkles."

"No, it's not," Spike argued. "Twilight, this isn't about what happened with the jar of Gold Dust, is it? Because we told you already, it's not your fault."

She turned on her chair again to face them.

"I can't help it, Spike. It was my glass of Gold Dust. And in the excitement of seeing what it can do, I got caught up in my own curiosity and wasn't paying attention."

"Anyone of our friends would've made the same mistake," Spike said.

"Not Princess Twilight," Twilight said to herself, which only confused Edward and Spike. "I just, don't think I can do this knowing what I did."

"Aren't those ponies suppose to be like you and the others?" Edward asked.

"In a way. I thought I didn't like being similar to my pony counterpart. In fact, I wanted to be different from her. But after every miss up I've made, I'm starting to wonder if that's the only difference between us."

"Hmm. When did you lose this glass jar, Twilight?"

She sighed again. "The day before you and the others arrived. Why?"

Edward's eyes shot open for a brief second.

"Oh! …oh."

Realizing some relations to what he knew and just learned, Edward hid his arms behind his back, quickly becoming noticeably worried. Twilight could see this and raised a curious brow.

"Edward? What's wrong?"

"Nothing," He lied.

Twilight wasn't buying it though, especially seeing Edward's attempts to hide any reservations only made him come across even more guilty of withholding something from her, something Edward knew he couldn't let Twilight know in light of their conversation. Twilight got up from her seat and approach him.

"Seriously," Twilight said. "Why are you acting weird all of a sudden?"

Edward still said nothing and continued darting around the room all casual like. He tried deviating the conversation by looking around for any other topic to talk about. He saw schematics and drawings on a chalk board of what looked like a dog and robotic parts needed to build one.

"Ohh," He smiled. "Are you making a mechanical dog, Twilight?"

"Edward!" She said growing more concerned and frustrated.

Even Spike grew a little wary. Knowing he couldn't hide this from her, Edward nervously tapped the tips of his fingers together as he began his explanation.

"It-it's nothing you really need to worry yourself about."

"Then what is it?" She said crossing her arms.

Edward paused for a brief moment, looking at Twilight and Spike with nothing but suspicion in their eyes.

"Well… the day you lost those Sparkles, also just so happens to be the same day I sort of had my accident. You know, when I was pulling the Express with James then all a sudden I found myself flying off the rails."

Spike spoke up, "You mean the day that Diesel 10,"

"Used the Sparkles I lost to," Twilight interrupted, but even she couldn't finish her sentence.

"Turn me, Thomas, and other engines into Husks?" Edward finished nervously. "Um… yeah."

The garage went silent, with nothing but the humming machinery filling in the quiet. All Edward could do was smile sheepishly. There was no smile on a stunned Twilight's face however. Upon putting two and two together, there was only disbelief and shock. Edward then tried to reassure what he knew Twilight was already thinking, locking her forearms together anxiously.

"But, what could the odds of that be, right?"

Twilight already blamed herself for Thomas' blackout the second time Diesel 10 tried putting his hurting him, as well as for Henry's upon their arrival. Not only has losing the Sparkles nearly put the others in jeopardy, but also her new friend Edward, who Twilight has already grown accustomed to calling a good friend. Now she knew the full extent of loosing the Gold Dust and the consequence that followed. Because of that one accident, Diesel 10 succeeded in turning one engine into a Husk. Then came very close to doing the same for Edward, going so far as to drive him off the tracks and nearly taking James and their passengers with him.

With too much to take in, Twilight's eyes begin watering up. Her hands covered her mouth as tears came raining down from under her glasses. She stuttered under her voice.

"No."

Worried, Edward tried reaching for Twilight only have her to jerk back. Finally, Twilight lets it all out and begins crying. Taking her glasses off and burying her face, Twilight runs back to the chair and rests her head underneath her arms while tossing her glasses to the side.

"Twilight?" Spike asked, concerned.

She didn't respond. Not like she could hear through her sobbing anyways. Edward and Spike looked at each other, both extremely worried for her. Spike understood then why he didn't want to say anything. Edward then approaches Twilight attentively, now reduced to more quiet sobbing and shoulders rocking. He gently places his hand on her shoulder.

"Twilight," Edward began. "You can't blame yourself for what happened. Spike is right. None of that was your fault."

She emerged from her arms and looked back at Edward with soaked eyes.

"How could you say that?!" Twilight nearly whimpered. "I was the one who caused your accident! First Thomas and Henry, and now you! And your other friend, the one that's already a husk,"

Edward sternly interrupts. "Has become one because Diesel 10 has it out for Duck and all of us."

"But he wouldn't have done any of that had I'd not lost the Gold Dust to Splatter & Dodge like an idiot."

"Twilight!" Edward boomed, nearly startling Twilight and Spike almost. "You are many things, but you are far from that. You're the smartest person I've ever met. Honestly. How could you think such a thing?"

Spike stayed quiet. Twilight wiped away a few tears despite them still leaking out.

"We all make mistakes. Some worse than others, sure, but they still happened. And it's something we've got to deal with."

Twilight hung her head and shamefully closed her eyes.

"What about before you knew magic existed?" Edward asked. "Surely you must've done a lot of things by accident multiple times that didn't involve magic problems?"

"Those were different," Twilight hugged herself as more tears rained down. "I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I never should've gotten mixed in this research. I just, can't do this!"

"But you have to!" Spike urged. "You're the only one smart enough to study Gold Dust."

"Find someone else who won't doom their friends."

Edward knelt down in front of Twilight to meet her face to face.

"Even I've made mistakes in the past, but I hardly ever complain about the things I could've done differently. I know exactly what you're going through."

"How would you?" Twilight finally spoke up and eyes him back. "Engines look to you when things go wrong. You keep everything in order. What would you know about making mistakes, or letting everyone down?"

She wasn't trying to come across as begrudging, but admirable at best, especially realizing just now what she said about engines looking to Edward for advice and seeing similarities between one another. This made Edward glare back at her however, remembering certain instances of doubt and lacking confidence to do his job back on Sodor.

"I may not make many mistakes, but I certainly know never to give up when the going gets tough."

Twilight Sparkle stared back sympathetic but nervous as Edward went off on a tangent.

"Even if I'm old and not as strong as the other engines, even if nobody believes in me or say I'm just a waste of metal that needs to be preserved. I am still really useful. Despite my own doubts in myself and the teasing I get from others every day, I want to keep working because I know there are days better than the ones that don't always go the way I like."

"Edward," Twilight was interrupted.

"I have to keep reminding myself there are certain things I just can't control. But, I also know there are things I can do. I can help a friend up his own hill, I can make sure misbehaving engines learn better, and I can save a traction engine from being scrapped."

She gazed back in awe. Spike did the same. How did he manage to prevent a traction engine from being scrapped? Questioning herself still, Twilight wiped some more tears away.

"How could you be this forgiving after what I did to you? After what happened to your friends?"

Edward gets up and reaches for her glasses. Kneeling back down, Edward places her black rimmed glasses back on her face. Focusing into clear vision again, Twilight saw only a smile on Edwards face upon looking back at him.

"You made a mistake that caused someone else to hurt others you care about. If you ask me, the right solution isn't to blame yourself for causing the accident, but to fix it instead. In order to undo all the damage Diesel 10's done, Lady needs to run the Magic Railroad again. But she can't do that without our help. This is your solution, Twilight."

While Twilight drifted off, thinking deeply about everything he's said, Edward felt a tug at his pants and looked down to see Spike wagging his tail with indication to be picked up. Edward does so, standing back up while holding Spike happily in his arms.

"You shouldn't give up now," Edward encouraged. "Not when your friends need you most."

"What if I mess up the research and make things worse?" Twilight said.

"Uh, you? Mess up a research?" Spike said. "You're joking, right?"

"I don't know," She sighed reluctantly.

"You can do this, Twilight. You always could."

"Hey, it's like I always tell myself," Edward recited. "When at times you seemed derailed, get back on track and keep on chuffing. And most importantly, never, never, never give up."

Edward extends his arm out and offers Twilight to take his hand. Twilight, staring quizzically at his open palm, hesitantly places her fist on top of it. Her fingers then slowly unravel, with her palm now resting against his. Enclosed beneath his hands, Edward brings Twilight up to her feet.

To her surprise, Twilight Sparkle found herself, along with Edward and Spike, standing by a set of tracks stationed close to a pile of coal. Twilight then saw they were also not at home, but somewhere completely different. Edward, Twilight Sparkle, and Spike were now in Brendam Docks, on the Island of Sodor.


[Edward and Spike began singing while Twilight tried rationalizing this sudden shift to Sodor. Puffing down the set of tracks was Edward as an engine. With a fowl swoop, a large ship boiler swung by and knocked Engine Edward off the tracks and into the pile of coal.]

Edward: "If you climb the highest mountain, cross the river deep,"

"Maybe you'll find it's never as easy, as it first appears."

[The engine laid dazed and confused, while Edward continued singing and not paying mind to Twilight's franticness at the sight of it all and how real it felt.]

Spike: "As it first appears."

[Next thing she knew, Twilight, Edward and Spike were now inside the engine's cab. Twilight almost couldn't take it anymore, until Edward directed her attention out the cab and pointed to the train in front of them. Engine Edward was pushing Gordon and his Express coaches up a steep hill.]

Edward: "Just remember not to worry or get down at heart."

"Never lose faith in positive thinking."

[Reaching the top, Engine Edward successfully pushes Gordon up his hill and comes to a stop at the very tip of the hill, watching the big engine and his coaches thunder down the line.]

"You'll be amazed when you achieve all the things you start."

Spike: "All the things you start."

[Moving on, Engine Edward chuffs down the mainline pulling a very heavy truck load of furniture for the Duke and Duchess' summerhouse in Sodor. He was red in the face, panting profusely, and stained against the heavy truck.]

Edward: "So, never, never, never give up even though the times are tough."

[Spencer, the streamlined private engine of the Duke and Duchess, boastfully rolled up next to Engine Edward looking worse for ware. Spencer flashed his eyebrows tauntingly before taking off again in a flash, leaving an exhausted Edward behind to tug against the heavy furniture.]

"Don't stop trying, when you're doubting, and appeared you've lost. No!"

"Never, never, never give up even though you're feeling rough."

[With everyone saying he can make it to the Duke and Duchess' Summerhouse before Spencer can, Edward continued on, determined to at least get the job done.]

"If at first you don't succeed… Never, never, never give up!"

[Twilight didn't know what to think so far. But most of what she's seeing still didn't reassure her of anything or her predicament. Edward and Spike knew this, and encouraged each other to keep on singing.

Looking out through the right cab, they found themselves at Knapford where Engine Edward was having trouble pulling a passenger train out of the station. The other engines kept teasing and laughing at him and said he should give up while he can. Again, Engine Edward was red in the face. He teetered with his wheels shrieking against the rails trying to start the heavy train. Finally, Engine Edward started and was off with his train.]

Edward: "If at first you don't succeed, then try and try again."

"Nothing in life is ever as easy. But, you'll get there in the end."

Spike: "Get there in the end!"

[Looking out through the left side of the cab, Edward, Twilight, and Spike all saw that Engine Edward had broken his left crank pin, forcing his side rod to be removed. Knowing he needed to get the passengers home before it's dark and before the storm gets worse, Edward tried getting the train started but couldn't move against the slippery rails. Trying a different method, Edward started off pulling a single coach at a time one by one.]

Edward: "So, blow your cares and woes behind you. Start a brand-new day!"

"Nothing can stop you reaching your goal."

[And with that, Engine Edward successfully manages to pull the coaches. He starts off steady and firm, excited and happy to have done it, despite having no side rod and slowing his speed.]

"If you're determined, you can do it, you will find a way!"

Spike: "You will find a way!"

[Next, they all found themselves near Henry's tunnel, back when Henry himself was still bricked off inside the tunnel for refusing to come out when it rained. Gordon was parked on siding while Engine Edward biffed against a long load of Express coaches parked on the other side of the line. Wheels barely moving forward against the track, Edward pushed and pushed as hard as he could. But he couldn't move the heavy coaches.]

Edward: "So! Never, never, never give up even though the going's tough."

"Don't stop trying, when you're tiring, and you're out of puff.

Spike: "No!"

[Feeling the long load of coaches push him back, Engine Edward heard Henry's whistle signaling him to get ready to pull. Realizing Henry was there to help, Edward proudly whistled back and began pushing against the train while Henry pulled as hard as he could. Gordon watched unamused but secretly impressed by the display as Edward, Twilight and Spike descend into the dark tunnel with Engine Edward.]

Edward: "Never, never, never give up even though you're feeling rough."

"If at first you don't succeed… Never, never, never give up!"

[Emerging from the dark, Twilight rubbed her eyes clear to see they were now on a siding, and in this siding was a large house. Engine Edward, exhausted but triumphant, had made it to the Duke and Duchess' summer home before Spencer could. Twilight couldn't believe it, she was amazed but also curious as to how they made it. Edward and Spike knew this would be her reaction and continued singing proudly.]

Edward: "Some things seem impossible; Answers hard to find."

Spike: "No matter how improbable, you won't know until you try."

[Spike laid in Edward's right arm. Both wave their left arms out while the two sang together.]

Edward & Spike: "You can do whatever you choose it just takes a little luck."

"So, remember; never, never, never give up."

[Adoring their song, Twilight Sparkle then heard loud steam hissing from afar. She looks out of Engine Edward's cab to see Spencer parked behind them and fuming between shocked and frustrated.

After the steam cleared, the three friends were now speeding down the line, puffing side by side with a frightened James who couldn't stop or apply his brakes. An inspector stood on Edward's front with a noose of wired rope tied through the crook of the shunter's pole. Engine Edward was puffing his hardest trying to keep up with James.]

Edward: "Never, never, never give up even though the going's tough."

[A red-faced Engine Edward kept falling back however, now tailing behind James who could only scream or shout for help. Edward knew he couldn't stop now, not with James in danger. Lurching and exhaling a breath of pure exhaustion, Edward forced himself closer and closer to James enough so the inspector can slip the rope over James' buffer.]

"Don't stop trying, when you're tiring, and you're out of puff."

Spike: "No!"

[Finally reaching James' front, the inspector quickly lassos the buffer and pulls the noose tight. Then ties the rest of the rope around Edward's buffer so he could slow James down enough to prevent him from going any faster. Feeling exhausted and sore all over, Edward was happy to succeed in saving his friend James from a serious accident. Twilight was just as happy to see all this unfold, and now more aware over what Edward's trying to teach her.]

Edward: "Never, never, never give up even though you're feeling rough."

"If at first you don't succeed… never, never, never give up."

[With all said and done, Engine Edward fades back into human Edward. All three friends then stride down a path in an abstract realm of teal and light green. As they do, a montage o Edward's exploits, run ins, and challenges play out on small projections surrounding them in a tunnel of screens showcasing everything they experienced and much more. And this time, Twilight Sparkle joins in on the song.]

Edward & Twilight Sparkle: "Never, never, never give up even though the going's tough!"

"Don't stop trying, when you're tiring, and you're out of puff!"

Spike: "Never!"

Edward & Twilight Sparkle: "Never, never, never give up even though you're feeling rough."

"If at first you don't succeed… Never, never, never give up!"

[Twilight Sparkle, Edward, and Spike all watched happily as more projections play while passing by them one last time. Such projections included Edward pushing Gordon up his hill, Edward pulling the coaches without his side rod, Edward sneaking past Spencer while he was asleep, Saving James, listening to the Brass Band, and smiling back at his good friend Trevor, the Traction Engine.]

All Three: "Never, never, never give up!"


After all that, the tree friends were back in Twilight's laboratory. Twilight sat on her chair with Spike now snuggled up in her arms. She looks down at Spike then at Edward, smiling back at both with nothing but a new-found sense of appreciation.

"So, you see, Twilight," Edward said. "Even when you feel it's your fault, or don't know quite what to do, there's always a way of getting through your problems."

Twilight then recited what she already knew and should've applied from the start.

"Especially with good friends there to guide you."

She then gets up and approaches Edward, throwing her arm around him and resting her head against his chest. Edward returns the favor and wraps his arms around Twilight Sparkle, bringing her in for a warm hug. Spike meanwhile was wedged between the two squeezing him tighter and tighter.

"Guys! You're crushing me!"

They let go to let Spike catch his breath then tired again to embrace one another, this time making sure Spike had enough room to give Twilight as well. Finishing their hug, Twilight went over to her desk and spun around excitedly on her chair. She then looked down at the petri dish and locket, both containing Lady's hair string and Gold Dust, and picks up both to examine a lot closer.

Twilight felt something at that moment she hadn't felt in quite a while; excitement. She was going to learn something about Gold Dust she thought wouldn't be possible. Knowing that's always been part of the fun of what she does, Twilight Sparkle was more excited then ever to get started on researching a cure for Lady's amnesia.

"So," Edward said. "Where do we start first?"

She turns to face him. "Hmm. We'll have to start by researching a correlation between Gold Dust and Lady's deoxyribonucleic coated filament to see if both share any relation to providing a remedy for Lady's amnesic syndrome.

Edward's wide confused eyes blinked. Twilight Sparkle simply smiled.

"We're seeing if combining the two will tell us if her memories can be fixed."

"You know," He smiled. "Somehow I knew that's what you meant."

A brief second of silence broke when all three friends started laughing. Whatever was troubling them now was of no concern to them anymore. All they were excited to do now was help their friends at a time of desperate need.


More To Come Soon!


Music Used: "Never, Never, Never give up" From Thomas & Friends.

Composers: Mike O'Donnell & Junior Campbell.

Copyright Ownership: HiT Entertainment™, Mattel, Inc.