• Published 30th Dec 2017
  • 1,714 Views, 26 Comments

T&EG Welcome To Canterlot High: Short Stories - LPFanFic



A collection of short stories that tie in with Thomas & Equestria Girls: Welcome To Canterlot High.

  • ...
 26
 1,714

3. Time To Come Together

Welcome To Canterlot High
Short Stories!

3.Time To Come Together.

Soon enough, Thomas, Percy, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle and Edward arrived and entered through the main doors of Canterlot Mall. Though Twilight and the other girls have shown Thomas the mall already, Pinkie wanted Percy and Edward to visit all the stores she was eager to show off. Percy and Edward were amazed at how big the inside was and astonished by the number of stores here. Thomas enjoyed seeing their reaction just as much as Pinkie and Twilight, given how he had the same impression when first entering the large building.

The five all decide to go with Pinkie's plan and take Percy and Edward to the Sweet Snakes Café, an old-fashioned diner Pinkie works as a waitress at. Thomas, Percy and Edward were loving the restaurant so far. Instead of ordering actual food, Pinkie Pie used her employee discount to order a number of desserts and treats. Such desserts included cherry, apple, and lemon pies, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, and lastly a large Sunday bowl topped with cherries, whipped cream, ice cream cones and sprinkles.


Everyone was very stuffed after they finished eating. But they all agreed that the food was delicious. Next, they wandered around the mall and checked out some of the other stores. After Pinkie Pie brought up the time Percy crashed through a chocolate factory, the conversation spiraled off into one where Percy talked about the many other accidents he's had.

"That's when I crashed through the buffers and ended up falling into a pile of coal," Percy said. "There's also this one time I crashed into a brake van. Oh, and when I fell into the sea."

Twilight raised a brow at Edward wondering just how many crashes Percy's been in, to which Edward simply smiled and shrugged.

"And then, there was this time during winter where I crashed into a trolley and got covered in sticky jam, and Sir Topham Hatt's trousers ended up wrapped around my funnel."

Percy couldn't help but chuckle a little, along with Pinkie Pie who laughed along with him.

"Percy! You're So Funny!" Pinkie said.

"And accident-prone," Twilight commented.

"I Know! Who Knew You Could Have That Many Crashes? Especially One That Causes A Whole Mine To Collapse On Top Of You!"

"Don't forget the time you crashed into a lyme cart and got splattered by a crate of treacle!" Thomas said.

"Which ended up getting you covered in hay none the less," Edward added.

"Oh, Oh!" Pinkie Pie interjected. "I Liked The One Where You Got Squirted With Fruit! And Your Trip Through The Chocolate Factory Of Course."

"You seem to always get yourself into a lot of calamities," Twilight said to Percy.

Not knowing what she meant, Percy still chuckled sheepishly assuming she might have meant accidents.

"Yeah. I guess I do, don't I?"

He soon began to feel embarrassed again for all the crashes he was in, remembering just how ridiculous he felt during those instances. The other four could see this and felt sorry for Percy.

"Aw, It's Okay, Percy," Pinkie said wrapping her arm around him. "At Least You Don't Have Too Many Accidents Anymore, Right?"

"Exactly," Edward agreed. "Percy's gotten into a lot of sticky situations, but he always manages to better himself after the matter."

Thomas giggled. "How about that one time,"

"Okay, Thomas," Percy interrupted. "I think that's enough for now."

After a second of silence, all four friends begin chuckling themselves now. Even Percy, despite still feeling silly about it, eventually laughs along as well.


While continuing their ventures through the mall, Thomas and the others came across Mr. Cranky Doodle talking on the phone with someone.

"I'm sorry, Matilda," He said. "But this is the second time they've postponed and I've had it with their excuses."

The four followed Thomas who quietly snuck behind Cranky Doodle and listened in on the conversation he was having through his cellphone.

"We're going to have to unpack our belongings tonight, other wise it'll never get done."

There was a long pause. Cranky Doodle pinched the bridge of his nose, then sighed.

"I know. I know we haven't had an actual night to ourselves in a while. I was looking forward to tonight just as much." He paused. "Mm-hm. Yes, dear."

The five friends looked to each other.

"Should we try again next week?" There was another pause, followed by Cranky Doodle sighing again. "I'm terribly sorry. Love you too. See you at home."

Cranky Doodle hangs up and turns to walk away, only to stop in his tracks after spotting some of his students standing by.

"Mr. Cranky Doodle?" Thomas said.

"Oh. Hello, there," He said apathetically.

"Hi, Mr. Doodle!" Pinkie waved.

"Hrm. Hello, Pinkie," He grumbled while crossing his arms. "Hey, wait a minute. How long were you kids standing there?"

"Long enough to hear things aren't going so well," Edward commented.

"We were just passing by and over heard a few things," Twilight said. "But not a lot."

Cranky Doodle glared suspiciously. "How much did you hear?"

"Something to do with unpacking and spending the night with someone?" Thomas guessed.

"Well, you're certainly on the right track, kid," Cranky Doodle said sarcastically. "Glad to see you pay better attention at gossip than you do in my class."

Thomas grinned sheepishly.

"So, what's the matter?" Percy asked.

"Apparently the movers who were suppose to bring me and Matilda's belongings into our new house called in sick because one of them 'threw their back out'. Just like how they 'caught the measles' when they had to bring in our furniture a week ago."

"Have you been living in an empty house for almost a week?" Twilight said.

"No, no. We were fortunate to have our beds until they got around to bringing in the rest of our furniture. But as for our belongings, haven't even left the darn truck yet."

"And this, Matilda," Edward began. "You two haven't spent time together in a while?"

"Not with how busy we both are, no. We planned on spending the night celebrating our move. But the moving company has made it more than difficult as of late, on top of all the grades I have to fill in now."

"Major Bummer In The Summer!" Pinkie Pie said. "You And Matilda Deserve To Have A Special Night! You're Both Very Hard-Working People."

"Well, nothing can be done now except picking up where they left off; At square one," Cranky Doodle said irritably.

The five friends felt sorry for Cranky Doodle.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have some unpacking to do."

Suddenly, Thomas came up with an idea. One that would not only help Cranky Doodle with his predicament, but perhaps help someone else Thomas has been meaning to reimburse for their kindness. He steps in front of and stops Cranky Doodle from walking away.

"Wait! Maybe there's something we can do?"

"Don't see how you can. Unless you can convince the movers to get off their sorry butts and do some work for once."

"How about we unpacked your things?"

The four friends were alerted.

"You five?" Cranky Doodle said. "Unpacking and organizing our personal belongings? I couldn't ask you to do that. It's far too much work for a bunch of teenagers."

"But not for me!" Thomas said confidently. "And with your permission, I can get the job done in time for you and Matilda to have your special night."

Twilight chimed in with support. "In fact, with all of us we can have your belongings unpacked and organized a lot faster than those movers ever could."

Cranky Doodle pondered while surveying Thomas and the others. He wasn't crazy over the idea of having his students put all that work upon them. But seeing they were eager to do so anyways was an opportunity Cranky Doodle knew he should take if he wanted to get the task out of the way, and most importantly spend time with Matilda.

"Well, if you're all so instant." Then a subtle smile appears, "Okay then. You kids can unpack and organize our belongings so that way I won't have to cancel Matilda and I's evening plans!"

The five friends all eagerly agreed and accepted the job. Thomas initiated his idea more by furthering the agreement.

"I don't suppose a form of payment can be given to us as well?" Thomas hinted.

Cranky Doodle groaned. "Was hoping you wouldn't ask. Very well. How's fifty bucks sound?"

"Each?" Pinkie asked.

"Uh… No. To get the job done."

Thomas turned to Twilight. "Twilight. Is fifty bucks enough to pay for a burger and muffin?"

"It's, more than enough," She said confusingly.

"Why Would You Need To Pay For, Ohhhhh!" Pinkie Pie quickly realized and rested her elbow on Thomas' shoulder, smirking back at him.

Twilight knew then why too, much to Percy and Edward's confusion.

"Fifty bucks is perfect, Mr. Cranky Doodle!" Thomas said.

"Good," He said. "'Cause I ain't going any higher."

Cranky Doodle went over instructions on where to precisely put his and Matilda's belongings. Most of them, belonging to Cranky Doodle, are to be place in the garage and attic space above. While Matilda's are to be brought inside the house for her to organize herself. He insisted that none of them are to horse around, play, or idle with his stuff and only put them where they're instructed to go.

Cranky Doodle then hands Thomas a slip of paper. "Here's my address. You have until seven o'clock to get everything out of the truck and into our new house. I'll be stopping by at that time to see how you're all managing."

Before taking off, Cranky Doodle whispers something to Twilight Sparkle.

"Hey, uh. Make sure Pinkie Pie doesn't destroy anymore of my stuff."

Twilight simply nodded, despite not knowing what exactly occurred between the two. Cranky Doodle then walks away and happily opens up his phone to call Matilda again.

"Why did you agree on fifty bucks, Thomas?" Edward asked.

"Because that way I can pay back the money Sunset Shimmer spent for me on the day we met."

"Oh," Percy said to himself. "That's why."

"If we get this job done right," Thomas continued. "Not only will the money cover the cost for the burger and muffin, but it can also buy Sunset something nice as a thank you gift for everything she's done for me."

"Thomas," Twilight said sweetly. "That's really sweet of you. But, Sunset was more than happy to make you feel welcomed. You don't have to go out of your way to repay her."

"I don't?" Thomas rubbed the back of his head. "Well, I still like to, if that's okay?"

"In that case," Edward imputed. "I'd be more than happy to help out."

"You can definitely count me in too," Twilight smiled.

"Me Three!" Pinkie explained.

Thomas turned to Percy, "How about you, Percy?"

Despite Percy's own opinion on Thomas and Sunset, he still wanted to be really useful, especially for his best friend. Even if Thomas seemingly downgraded Percy to just his best friends from Sodor.

"Of course. I'd help you with just about anything, Thomas."

"Thank you, Percy," Thomas beamed.

Everyone agreed to head over and get started now. The five friends leave the mall with Twilight texting on her phone and Pinkie Pie cluing Thomas in on ideas for what he can buy Sunset.


Arriving at Cranky Doodle and Matilda's new house, Thomas, Percy, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle and Edward stood outside on the driveway where the box truck was parked. They had the rear door reeled open revealing boxes on top of boxes in eight rows by five. The piles of cardboard boxes, small and large, were perfectly symmetrical inside the truck, reaching all the way to the roof and just about inches from the platform's edge. The five were almost overawed. Just how much stuff does Cranky Doodle have?

"Oh deer," Percy said. "That's a lot more boxes than I was expecting."

"Eh, You And Me Both," Pinkie said.

"There must be all sorts of stuff packed into these boxes," Edward said. "Stuff that needs to be handled with caution and put in their proper place."

"I'm starting to understand why the movers called in sick," Twilight said looking back at Edward.

"Do you still wanna do this, Thomas?" Percy asked.

"Of course, I do, Percy," Thomas said determinedly. "I'm sure the sooner we get started, the less difficult it'll seem."

"Won't it become more difficult later on?"

"Not if we focus on how much progress we've made. Besides, we made a promise to Mr. Cranky Doodle. And he's counting on us to get the job done."

"Yeah!" Pinkie agreed. "Let's Get This Train In Motion, Everyone!"

Twilight went over and opened the garage door while Thomas inspected the first row of boxes, trying to interpret the best approach to move them out without causing an avalanche. Pinkie Pie found her way on top of the trailer and peered inside to her astonishment over the other rows behind one another.

"Anyone know where we can get a ladder?" Edward asked.

"Don't need a ladder when ya'll got an extra set of brawn to hustle up them boxes," Applejack said.

Thomas, Percy, Edward, and Pinkie Pie looked over passed the truck and saw Applejack and Toby approaching them. The four were surprised and very happy in deed to see their friends.

"Applejack! Toby!" Thomas said. "What are you two doing here?"

"I thought you had a job after school?" Edward said.

"Turns out my shift was already covered," Applejack explained. "Me and Toby got to wander around the mall some more before ah texted Twilight and learned ya'll took a job movin' Cranky Doodle's things."

"And we thought it'll be good to come along and help out, too," Toby said.

"Specially hearin' what yer doin' for Sunset, Thomas. That really is mighty kind of yah. And what better way to guarantee you get them fifty bucks for her then by adding a coupla' strong hands to the mix."

Feeling very grateful, Thomas looked to Twilight Sparkle, smiling and winking at him. Then, the seven friends gathered together.

"With all of us working together," Twilight began. "This job will be done quicker before it even begins. Let's do this for Sunset Shimmer."

"And Thomas!" Pinkie said.

"Well, no time like the present," Toby said excitedly.

The gang all cheered and got started on the task at hand.


Things kicked off with Applejack using her super strength to move the first row of heavy boxes out of the truck.

[Twilight Sparkle: "It's time for us to come together."]

Twilight and the others stressed that they have to be gentle after one of the boxes stacked on top nearly tumbles over. Applejack sets them down and grins sheepishly, realizing she might have to go easy on her magic.

["It's the only way that things will get better."]

Twilight Sparkle steps in and uses her Geode magic to carefully levitate each individual box out from the first row inside the truck, making it easier to access the ones farther back and place the ones stacked on top to ground level.

["It's time for us to take a stand. So, come on and lend a helping hand."]

Soon, all the boxes were being taken out of the truck, with Thomas, Percy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Toby going in and carrying one at a time. Toby was struggling with one of them much to Applejack's confusion, given how Toby played up the fact he was a pretty strong engine on Sodor. None the less, she stepped in and took the box for him. Toby began to feel ashamed until Twilight offers him to carry one of the smaller boxes. Timidly accepting, Toby felt appreciative of Twilight's assistance and carried on.

[Everyone: "Fix it up. Yeah, it's all right. We'll get it ready by tonight."]

More than happy to put her Geode to good use, Twilight Sparkle used her magic to assist Percy and Edward with their boxes also when they started straining on the more heavier ones, much to their gratitude as well. Pinkie Pie and Percy tag teamed moving out one box. As did Applejack and Toby, Edward and Thomas, all carrying them out to the edge of the truck where Twilight's telekinesis lowers them to the ground.

With all the boxes lined up on the drive way, it was time to start unpacking and placing their belongings inside the garage. Thomas immediately starts going up and tries to unpack, not knowing they needed to cut the tape off the top first.

["Mix it up. Yeah, help a friend. We'll come together in the end."]

Realizing this, he looks back at everyone smirking and looking confused then bashfully stepped aside to let Applejack cut open one of the boxes with a utility knife.

One by one, the group took out a piece of Cranky Doodle's and Matilda's belongings and placed them carefully in his garage, inside the house, and up in the attic. There were loads of different items in his collection. They took out a record player, snow globes, vases, mirrors, telescopes, vintage cameras and lamps, maps, and a number of books, which Twilight eagerly volunteered to organize.

[Thomas & Percy: "It's time to show that we're really useful. Get the job done fast by being cheerful."]

Pinkie Pie started fooling around with a few of Cranky Doodle's things, which Percy found himself dragged into doing as well. Reluctant at first, Percy along with Pinkie Pie found great fun in making funny faces in a mirror, talking in a fan, strumming on acoustic guitars, blowing on trumpets, and spun an antique teetotum type toy. Finally, Twilight stepped in and waved her finger, indicating them to stop and stay focused.

["It's time to show that we're strong. So, come on, everybody, sing along."]

Just as Percy predicted, the group were all exhausted by the half way point. Applejack held up well though and tried encouraging her friends to continue. But to their surprise, Thomas was the only other person still tirelessly working and getting everything done for them. He made multiple trips back and forth between each box and the garage, carefully placing and hanging every single item in a spot or stored away in the attic.

[Everyone: "(Look...) Look how we've all come together."]

Everyone was amazed by how fast he was working, especially Twilight, Pinkie and Applejack, seeing first hand just how hard of a worker Thomas said he was. The six friends tried keeping up with Thomas, looking back and forth to the collection of boxes and the garage entrance but couldn't meet where he wounded up going next.

At this point there was nothing but a swift, blue blur speeding between the garage entrance and the boxes. Nothing was stopping him, not even his friends despite wanting to intervene before he exhausts himself. Thomas wouldn't stop, not until Cranky Doodle's and Matilda's things were all unpacked and in their new house.

["(Things...) Things are only just starting to get better."]

Eventually, Thomas had finally worn himself out. He collapses and lays on one of the boxes breathing rapidly with his stomach moving in and out. For the first time in a long while, Thomas had finally reached his peak in hard working. He was dripping with sweat and his heart raced. When compared to this, basketball didn't really take that much out of him. After a long while, Percy, Pinkie Pie, Toby, Applejack, Edward and Twilight Sparkle all gathered around Thomas who's breathing finally slowed at tad. He looked up at all his friends smiling down on him proudly.

["(Look...) Look how we've all come together."]

Twilight Sparkle and Edward reached for Thomas' hands and pulled him back to his feet. Thomas was confused at first but allowed Twilight to take him over to the garage entrance. Twilight positioned him a foot from the entrance, smiling excitedly in anticipation. He was a bit hazy at first, but quickly came two. When he did, Thomas saw gasping with eyes widening, that Cranky Doodle's garage was completely filled to the brim with all of his and Matilda's belongings.

["(Things...) Things are only gonna get better, better, better, better!"]

Everywhere and everything was neatly organized and put in proper place as instructed. His friends must have finished the job while he was taking a breather. Thomas looked to Twilight Sparkle and smiled. Twilight does the same, both very proud of each other and happy to have accomplished a job they and their friends set out to finish despite the task at hand requiring specific attention.

[Everyone: "(We…) Fix it up. (Will…) Yeah, it's all right."]

The others were just as eagerly anticipating Thomas' reaction, and they were not disappointed by it at all.

["(Come…) We'll get it ready by tonight. (tonight, tonight.)"]

By seven o'clock, Cranky Doodle showed up at his house. Everyone was gathered in the garage where Cranky Doodle stood with narrowed eyes, stroking his chin whilst inspecting and critiquing everything very precisely. Thomas, Twilight Sparkle and their friends waited nervously for his response.

["(We...) Mix it up. (Will…) Yeah, help a friend."]

After a few turns of his head, his critical eyes and chin stroking verifying the layout and building up more tension than needed, Cranky Doodle rested his hands on his hips and nodded with approval.

["(Come…) We'll come together in the end. (together, together.)"]

He reaches for his back pocket and pulls out his wallet. Cranky Doodle opens it, takes out two twenties and one ten, then hands over the entire fifty bucks as promised to Thomas.

[Everyone: "(We…) Fix it up. (Will…) Yeah, it's all right."]

Accepting the money, Thomas, Percy, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Edward, Applejack, and Toby all gazed in astonishment at the fifty dollars gripped delicately in Thomas' hands. Then the entire gang jumped up mid air, cheering in celebration for their accomplishment. Thomas had the money gripped under his fist as he raised them up in the air while bending one knee. The others simply had both knees bent and both arms reaching for the sky as well.

["(Come…) We'll get it ready by tonight. (tonight, tonight.)"]

After a long day at the sushi restaurant, Sunset Shimmer finally arrived and entered her home exhausted but happy to be back. It was dark out by the tine she did, with the sun finally setting over the city.

["(We…) Mix it up. (Will…) Yeah, help a friend."]

She simply throws her jacket aside and shuts the door behind her. Walking inside with nothing but a bag of sushi she brought home for herself. Sunset made her way wearily over and collapsed onto the living room couch, releasing a huge exhale of relief and sat there for what felt like an eternity.

["(Come…) We'll come together, together, now!"]


Sunset was still dressed in her work uniform; sporting her short, navy blue sleeveless kimono, zori like sandals, and a white apron tied around her waist with a cartoony octopus printed on it. Her hair was stylized and held up by a bow tie and a jade puffer fish barrette. Sunset casually kicked away her sandals, took off the barrette and undid her hair, shaking her head to let it all flow out freely down to her back and shoulders. Thomas entered the living room as she was doing so.

"Hi, Sunset!"

Sunset shouted and nearly jumped out of her seat, which startled Thomas as well and made him jump and shout.

"Thomas?!" Sunset said with her hand to her heart. "You nearly startled me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Were you not expecting me?"

"I assumed you'd be spending the night at Applejacks with your friends. You know, since they're staying here, too."

"But I wanted to sleep over at your house though."

"Oh. You did?"

Thomas nodded. Sunset didn't quite know how to respond for some reason. She was almost flattered that he chose to stay at her place then spend the night with his Sodor friends.

"Besides, I was so eager I couldn't wait until tomorrow to give you something?"

Sunset smiled at first but went back to being quizzical.

"Wait, what did you get me?"

"Hold out your hand."

She looked over him confused. "Why?"

"Trust me."

Reluctant at first, Sunset held out her hand while looking back at Thomas perplexedly.

"Now close your eyes."

"I don't like surprises, Thomas."

Thomas chuckled. "Just do it."

She sighed, inhaled a bit, then closed her eyes. Her palms remained open as she braced for whatever Thomas had to give her. When she finally felt something land on her hand, Sunset couldn't make out what it was at first. The texture was made of paper with a few creases along the some of the edges. Thomas gives her the okay to open her eyes. As she does, Sunset looks down at her hand and sees money placed on her palms.

"Ten, dollars?" Sunset said.

"That's how much you spent for the burger and muffin, right."

At first Sunset didn't know what he meant, until she remembered Thomas, her and her friends eating in the food court at Canterlot Mall where Sunset bough an extra sandwich for him. She already knew about the muffin but was still confused over why he asked about it.

"Yeah, I guess. Where did you get this? Did Twilight or the others chip in or something?"

"Well they did help out, but not with lending me money."

Thomas then explained what he and their friends did today leading up to where he got the money. He told her that Cranky Doodle was having trouble moving his stuff into his new house. And how he, Twilight, Pinkie, Applejack, Percy, Edward and Toby volunteered to help out in exchange for fifty bucks. Sunset was surprised, as well as extremely thankful. To think Thomas accepted the job in order to repay the kindness she showed him made Sunset even more enamored towards Thomas.

"You did all that? Just to lend me the money I spent for you on Monday?"

"Well, I figured since you've already done so much for me, I wanted to return the favor anyway I can."

Sunset simply smiled. "Thomas, you didn't have to,"

"And that's not all," He went on, walking towards a chair. "With the extra money we had left over, I went and bought you these as well."

Thomas reached behind the chair and pulled out a bouquet of Sunflowers wrapped up in paper cardboard. Sunset was stunned. Her eyes glistened, mouth hung open, and her stomach filled with butterflies. She stood to her feet and walked over to Thomas.

"Pinkie Pie told me you really liked Sunflowers. So, we went ahead and bought you some."

Sunset's eyes began to water up as she accepts and stares adoringly at the bouquet.

"The money was for the muffin and burger. These sunflowers are a thank you; for helping me get used to this world."

Hearing how Thomas worked really hard not only pay her the money she spent for him, but also to buy her something in return that makes her really happy completely overwhelmed her. This was not something she expected coming home to after a long day at work.

"Thomas," Sunset said sweetly, pausing for a few seconds while trying to compose herself. "I don't know what to say."

He giggled. "Do you like them?"

She held the Sunflowers gently around her arms with the petals creasing her cheek as she looks back at him.

"They're beautiful!"

Then Sunset places the bouquet gently on the chair then wraps her arms around Thomas tightly.

"I love them. Thank you, Thomas."

Thomas was overjoyed to hear she really liked them as he hugs her in return. The two friends remained in each other's arms for a long time. They mostly kept hugging so Sunset could ever so subtlety let some tears fall out by burying her face into Thomas' shoulder so he couldn't see them in her eyes when they eventually let go.

"I think I still have a little money left over. How about this time I buy you a burger instead?"

After smiling back at him, Sunset instead went over back to the couch and picked up her sushi bag.

"Actually, I had something a little different in mind," She said holding it out towards Thomas.

Thomas was curious as to what was in the bag.

"What do you say?" She asked. "Wanna give sushi a try?"

"Sure!" Thomas beamed.

And with that, Thomas and Sunset Shimmer spent their evening eating sushi and talking about their day more in depth. Both may have had an extremely long period of work, but the rest of the day was one they still enjoyed none the less. Sunset had her bouquet of sunflowers placed in a vase by a window, where it stood proudly and beautifully across the room where Thomas and Sunset sat on the sofa, laughing away and having yet another great night together.


More To Come Soon!