• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 1,837 Views, 34 Comments

Dashing with rainbows - Wafflegodman



Rainbow dash likes to go fast, but what happens when she goes too fast?

  • ...
6
 34
 1,837

Past and the present

There was a time long ago when the sight of a squad of soldiers would be welcomed by Leon, but the past fades and things change. Leon told Anna and Dash to inject the sleeping girls with the cylinders, which were actually shots. Dash quickly asked "What dose it do?"

"It wakes them up and keeps them calm while they get used to their new environment, and before you ask, yes I did use it on you." Leon told Dash.

Anna and Dash quickly got the girls up. When Dash tried to talk to them their speech was slurred and they reacted slowly, Dash wondered to herself if this was how she acted when she woke up. They all got on to the airship, and put the girls in individual sleeping quarters. After all was said and done Anna motioned for Dash to follow her. Anna led her to a viewing deck, it over looked the desert they were in. The soldiers were extremely close now and there was no time to take off. Leon was already ready for a fight. Anna took a seat on one of the two chairs that were in the room. "Sit back and relax, your gonna get a show My little Dashi." Anna told Dash.

The soldiers were unarmed, today was a international holiday to celebrate the new found peace on earth, they expected to come here and pick up the targets without much resistance, and if they had time they would pay their respects. They knew that Leon would most definitely be there, they just didn't know that he would be there so soon. If push comes to shove they would use there electric batons on any serious resistance. They got out of their vehicles, and met Leon, a legend among the soldiers of EVOTEK. The leader of the squad saluted Leon, he may have been an enemy but he was still a hero, and made an extremely obvious request "Please hand over the extra-dimensional lifeforms."

The answer was expected to the soldiers, but the way Leon said it cut through them like a hot blade, a deep "No." with a clear hint of disappointment.

The soldiers reluctantly pulled out their batons, they were going to fight their hero. They repeated their request, with the same answer. 'We're actually going to fight this guy' the singular thought traveled through all of the soldiers minds' at once. They started to sprint at Leon who was more then a few meters away.

Leon slid his right leg back and put most of his weight on it. He kicked with his right leg and flew forward. He palmed the ground and rolled in-between two of the soldiers. He jumped up and connected his shoulder with the gut of the first soldier. They flew a meter and Leon rolled off of him, turning around and taking a stride forward before jumping up and twisting horizontally in the air and slamming his right shin in the face of the second soldier, the soldiers baton flew from his hand and hit the last soldier in the face, stunning him. Leon got up off the ground and dusted him self off, the dazed soldier had started to regain his barrings. Leon walked up to him and unceremoniously smashed his knee into the soldiers groin, he fell to the ground and didn't dare try to get up. Leon walked slowly back to the airship, the time for mourning had past, her story would be told another day.

(SCENE CHANGE TIME, BUT WAIT THIS ISN'T A TRANSITION, THIS IS MADNESS)

Rainbow watched, it was amusing. Leon threw himself at the soldiers, and it looked like he wasn't even trying to fight properly. It looked as if he just used his weight to inflict damage, and the soldiers...they didn't even try. They went down with weak blows to the torso, it seemed as if all of them just gave up, except that last soldier, Rainbow was a chick, but she still cringed at the low blow.

Leon walked in lazily, he was feeling the effects of being up for more then twenty some odd hours. Rainbow and Anna made there way down the stairs, "How's are guests?" Leon asked.

"They're doing fine, actually, they're mostly asleep." said Krag as he walked in through the doors.

"Good, I could use some sleep myself." Leon said as he stumbled onto the couch.

In a minute Leon was out cold. "Come with me, you deserve some answers." Said Anna to Dash.

They made their way through the corridors of the airship. Eventually they made there way to a room filled with monitors, in the center there was a lone keyboard. Anna typed away, and a hologram appeared out of thin air, It was a video. "Three years ago," Anna informed.

The image was focused on Leon running, the image moved ahead of Leon slightly, it became clear the camera used for filming this was attached to a scouting plane. It refocused on an Alien, pointing a gun at a little girl. Leon just came into view when a loud BANG came from the firearm. Leon stopped in his tracks... "Shit, a tango just shot a kid right in front of Alpha." came the sound of radio chatter.

"We read, keep your eye's on alpha, we're clearing friendlies as fast as we can." came a returning bit of radio chatter.

Leon was crouching over the body, he then turned to the murderer, he walked slowly, the anger was visible in his eye's, he started sprinting as he pulled a device from his pocket, he pressed a red button on it and every ship around him started blowing up, even the one he was on top of at the moment. He tackled the alien and was trying to inflict as much damage to him as he could as they fell through the air. Then they hit the ground, Leon on top of the alien, and the screen cut to black. all that could be heard now was the radio chatter. "Mission successful, tango down, alpha down, civilian casualty taken, but it's over, it's finally over." the words came out shakily, as if the man was crying, then cheers erupted in the background, then the hologram died.

Rainbow had a tear in her eye, she looked backward, over at Leon, then back to Anna. Another hologram appeared, this one of parades that were being held around the globe, all of them had a picture of the girl on the front most banner. Then one last image of the desert they were in showed, Leon was standing with a crutch next to a cross with a single rose in his hand. Rainbow looked at her hands. She didn't know how significant the place they were at right now really was until then.

Dream for those who can't any more.


Authors notes, I gave myself the feels, I don't know if that's natural or not, but I did. ON A HAPPIER NOTE TAKE MY FACE