• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 1,837 Views, 34 Comments

Dashing with rainbows - Wafflegodman



Rainbow dash likes to go fast, but what happens when she goes too fast?

  • ...
6
 34
 1,837

Shopping and SCIENCE

Rainbow woke up confusingly as she took in her surroundings, but soon realized where she was and sighed. It wasn't home but she liked it here, though she missed her friends, and flying. She got dressed and walked into the living room, Leon was asleep, his back on the floor his legs on the couch. Dash giggled slightly but stopped when she noticed blood on the floor. She shook Leon and he woke up with a bright smile on his face, but that disappeared when he saw Rainbows face, she looked frightened. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"There is blood on the floor and I thought you were hurt." she said still a little shaken up.

"OH, that's not a problem, though I thought the bandages would hold up better." he said matter o' factly.

"What happened?" rainbow questioned as she looked at the large cut on Leon's arm.

"Well, a few guy's got really drunk and were causing problems, when we tried to get them to leave one of them pulled a knife on us, we got him out but I got a minor cut on my arm, nothing to worry about." he said putting back on his smile.

Rainbow was still worried, but hid it and helped Leon up. Leon went to the fridge and pulled out some milk, started the coffee maker, pulled out some generic frosted wheat cereal from a nearby cabinet, and made two bowels of cereal. He gave one of the bowels to Rainbow and handed her a spoon, he looked over to the coffee maker and back to Rainbow, this was the first time Rainbow actually looked at Leon, he had medium length hair that was spiked every which way and had a dirty blond color, he was muscular and wore a semi-tight shirt, he had on plaid pajama pants, and had a light skin shade, though he seemed to glow a very light gold. "So, how about we go clothes shopping?"he asked, rainbow nodded and took in his accent, it sounded like a basic Equestrian one but had hints of an accent somepony might have if they lived in the far east and north.

"Great, it's my day off, and I make plenty of money, so don't worry about the price of the clothes you want, just make sure you like them." he said smiling his eyes closed.

"What clothes do you recommend?" Rainbow asked, she didn't were clothes often back in Equestria.

"Well are you athletic, or all about the looks?" he asked.

"I'm pretty athletic, though I don't wanna look bad." she said thinking hard as to what her style really is.

"Sounds like your like me, that makes things easier. Okay, when looking for clothes, look for some thing that would be comfortable for you, I like somewhat tight shirts, and you can never go wrong with black clothes, they are easy to match other clothes with, maybe have some neon colored undershirts and what not." Leon said, Rainbow Dash listened and appreciated the advice.

EPIC TRANSITION OF SUPER AWESOME TRANSITIONNESS

Rainbow was in a large store with Leon, it was filled to the brim with clothes, she found a couple of pants that she liked, they where a pair of black cargo pants and some tight fitting jeans with large holes in the front. She also found some shirts, one was a long sleeved crop top that fit her tightly, a tee shirt that was a rainbow of colors and designs, and a black dress shirt. She got another pair of running shoes, Leon helped her pick them out, she learned that Leon was, on top of everything else, a Freerunner. "I'm a bit of a Jack Of All Trades, I try every thing and get good at it, but I never master it, aside from science." he said smiling.

Rainbow Dash was really starting to like this guy. They went up to the cashier to pay for their clothes, it ended up being about two-hundred and fifty dollars. "You have a fine taste in clothes." Leon said to Rainbow Dash, she thought he was being sarcastic, but he looked completely serious.

They were walking home when remembered something, he looked over at Rainbow Dash "So, you said you were good at physics, how about you come take my class, the first semester starts tomorrow." he asked with some eagerness in his voice.

"That would be awesome, though I feel like I'm taking advantage of you." she said.

"If anything I'm taking advantage of you, It's nice to have someone new around ya know." he said smiling.

(ANOTHER SUPER AWESOME TRANSITIONS OF STEREOTYPICAL PRAPORTIONS!)

They got home, and Leon started cooking lunch while Rainbow Dash turned on the TV, she had no clue how it worked but she wasn't about to question it. Their was a documentary about the modern world on, and she learned a lot from it, before she knew it though, it was time to eat. Then Leon changed, he had on very bright clothes and sunglasses, he invited rainbow down to the club with him, he was gonna interview a new DJ for the owner. They listened to the music, and it was good, It reminded Rainbow of DJ-Pon3.

Soon enough it was time to sleep, Rainbow insisted that Leon sleep in his own bed, but he wouldn't here it. The morning was much the same as before, though rainbow took a shower and put on some of her new clothes, when she came out of the shower she found Leon eyes closed listening to a song she could barely understand the words to, but it sounded good. Their was a bowl of cereal out for Dash, Leon gave her a large book and a note book and pen. They set off toward to the university, but by car this time. Leon was a menace on the road listening to his song, he was speeding past everyone. They made it to the university alive, Rainbow Dash actually liked riding in the car with Leon driving.

They entered a large lecture hall, some students were their, others just coming in, Rainbow took a seat near the front row. Leon fist bumped a couple of students that recognized him. He sat down in the crowd of students and talked to a guy with dyed pink hair, they seemed like good friends. Once everyone was settled Leon went across a large stage at the front bottom of the room, it looked like more then one bomb had gone off on the floor, and sat down behind a desk in front of everyone fiddling with some files, then a girl near in the center of the crowd of students spoke up "You know the Professor won't like you messing up his files." she said deadpan.

A few students chuckled along side Leon, he looked up at the girl, turned around and wrote on the large wight surface behind him with marker 'I AM THE PROFESSOR, WHAT'S UP' then he turned around again and looked at the girl. She looked at Leon curiously, but didn't say anything. "So who here likes science?" he asked, no body said a thing.

"Oh, come on and take it easy on me, I'm sore." he said swing his arms back and forth.

"Did the misses take you for a ride?" one of the students who knew who Leon was asked jokingly.

"Well I don't have wife, nope, one of your classmates seduced me." he said smiling.

"Really, which one now." another one of the classmates asked, not believing a word Leon said.

"That one!" and he threw the marker right toward Rainbow, who caught it.

"I did not you perv." she said as she threw the marker back.

"Yes you did." He said happily, throwing the marker back.

"What, just cause I'm staying with you doesn't mean..." she threw the marker back, with a flustered look.

"Wait, you mean, what.. why, how?" the student asked looking over at Rainbow then back to Leon.

Leon threw the marker at a red box on the wall, breaking the glass and taking out a fire extinguisher. He walked over and did something with it under his desk. The student regained his composer and asked another question "How did she end up staying with you?" he asked, very confused.

"Well, let's see, I am twenty-eight, I'm a professor of theoretical physics, and I just taped a fire extinguisher to a skateboard," he said as he brought up a skate board with a fire extinguisher taped to it with layer upon layer of duct tape, and set it on the floor. "I believe the question you should be asking is not how she ended up staying with me but rather, why aren't you staying with me." he said deadpan.

"NOW LETS DO SOME SCIENCE!" he screamed as he brought a fire ax out of nowhere and slammed the nozzle of the extinguisher, lunching it across the stage and halfway threw the wall at the other end.

"Now, can someone tell me what I just did?" he asked, and after some time a hand came up.

"You demonstrated velocity?" she asked.

"Close, but no cigar. Anyone else." he asked the class."You Ethan." he called out the guy with pink hair.

"Uhh... you demonstrated thrust?" he said sheepishly.

"Good thought, but no." Leon said. "Come on, this isn't very hard." He said looking through the class, he saw Rainbow start to raise her hand but he shook his head at her, he knew that Rainbow would probably get it. "You." he said pointing at the girl who tried to scold him at the start of class.

"You...um...demonstrated speed." she said worriedly.

"NOPE!" he shouted happily."Alright Dash you probably know." he called out.

"You made that guy look like a fool and hit a fire extinguisher with an ax." she said deadpan.

Everyone looked at her for a second before Leon spoke up. "You are exactly right." he said with a huge grin on his face "Now, what I was trying to teach you, is that sometimes what happens, is actually what happens. Sometimes there is no meaning or reason behind it. Now for the rest of the class I want you to get in a group and write a large essay on how stuff works, so that I can read it later and use it as kindling for my fire." he said happily "Dash, Ethan, I need some help. Get down here."

The whole class was abuzz with hums and whispers, Leon looked over at Rainbow Dash "Sorry about earlier, your not mad are you?" he asked sympathetically.

Truth fully she didn't care, but she punched him in the gut anyway. Ethan just looked at the duo, a smirk on his face. "Alright, woo, your much stronger then you look," he said trying to regain his breath. "Good, now Ethan, could you go get another fire extinguisher, and Dash could you get the other Extinguisher off my skateboard?" he asked smiling.

"Sure, no problemoh." Ethan said jogging out the Lecture hall.

"You are crazy," Dash said bringing the skateinguisher back from the badly damaged wall. "Where did you even get the ax?" Dash asked curiously.

"I had it under my desk and while every one was focusing on the extinguisher skate board I slipped it behind my leg." he said sitting back in his chair, behind his desk.

He handed the ax the Rainbow Dash. "What am I supposed to do with this?" she asked.

"Use it to help get the tape off." he said matter o' factly.

The classed passed on smoothly, Dash made some small talk with Ethan and Leon. Then it was time to go. Dash and walked into Leon's apartment, he had a head start on her and was already in the kitchen, it was starting to feel like home here.

They ate, and washed up, both of them were in their pajamas and watching a documentary on extreme sports, Leon was really excited when Parkour came up, then he explained to Dash what Parkour was and how it was related to Freerunning. Eventually it was time to turn in, but Dash had one last thing on her mind.

"So, I seduced you huh." she said inching closer to Leon.

"It was just a joke." he said sheepishly.

"Really, It seemed like you wanted me to seduce you." she said putting her face close to Leon's.

"Um...come on, uh... can you give me a break." Dash's lips were now dangerously close to his.

"Nope." she said pulling away at the last second, Leon was sweating and a shade of crimson.

Rainbow smirked and walked slowly and as seductively as she could into Leon's bed room. Once inside she she closed the door and giggled 'oh this is going to be fun' she said as she thought of more mischievous things to do to torture Leon.

Tell the next rising sun, sweet dreams.

-=+-+--_==-=_=-P_+-=+-=-_+-=_+_=--=-+_+--_+--=-_+--=_=_=-+_+=--+--==_+-=-+_=-+-==_=-+-+-+__=-+-=-_+=-+=_+=-==-+-

Woo, that's two chapters down, leave some comments, I really want to know what you think, the plot is soon to heat up and a fly ball comes way out of left field next time. Drop an Idea in the comments and I will try hard to get it into this story, Ciao <3