• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 1,837 Views, 34 Comments

Dashing with rainbows - Wafflegodman



Rainbow dash likes to go fast, but what happens when she goes too fast?

  • ...
6
 34
 1,837

Realization, and a surprises.

Leon worked his way slowly through the club, checking every nook and cranny in the place. It was void of any other life. Rainbow stayed close to him, her thoughts were racing 'kidnapping is one thing but people trying to kill you is something completely different'. Leon and Dash made their way into a large underground garage, Leon placed the PDW in a dumpster in the corner of the garage and pulled a black device from his pocket, he tapped it and it sprung to life. He tapped it a couple more times and a section of wall in the garage started to rise, a pure black car-like vehicle pulled out. It's tires were sphere's, and had no visible windows or doors. Leon tapped the side of the vehicle with his palm and, an opening appeared on the vehicle and he got in, and he signaled an entranced Rainbow Dash to follow.

Rainbow got inside and made her self comfortable in the back of the surprisingly large vehicle, she wanted to ask a million questions, but she stayed quite, she was entering a state of shock. The fact that she could have easily been killed brought back memories of her family, her friends, and her home. It hit her like a brick, she wasn't ever going to fly again if she stay's in this world. She really wanted to stay with Leon, but she didn't want to get killed, and she missed flying. After a few minutes of her mind racing she fainted, she was overwhelmed, her emotions completely tore her in two.

Eventually Leon made his way to one of the biggest buildings in the city, It took an hour because he took all the backstreets so he could tell if he was being followed. He pulled into an underground parking garage and just noticed Rainbow was sleeping. He pulled her out and picked her up. He walked up into the lobby and was greeted with a suspicious smile by the receptionist, he realized that the receptionist probably had never seen him before, and the fact that he was piggybacking a girl with rainbow colored hair, probably made him seem extremely suspicious. He walked up to the receptionist and placed his right palm on a black pad on the desk and flashed a smirk when he saw the receptionist's face light up when she looked at the computer monitor. He walked up to an elevator behind the desk and got in, it took a minute or two before he reached the top floor. A giant penthouse made up the top floor. Leon didn't really like it that much, all the external walls where glass and gave a three-hundred and sixty degree view of the city. The year was 2065, the city was lit up with holograms and advertisements. Leon took the sight in with a frown, he loved the sight, but he could only see it when he was here, he felt like he was being taunted. You see he always dreamed of what it would be like to grow a pair of wings and be able to fly around when ever he wanted.

He set rainbow down on a large bed and let her rest, it had been a long day. Their was a reason why he helped Rainbow Dash. He didn't like it but he had been lying to Rainbow since the first fight, the fact of the matter was that he was in no real danger at all before he took her in, all the attacks where to get Rainbow Dash. He actually had been a very high ranking member of an organization, EVOTEK, that specialized in technological development and extra-ordinary occurrences, everything from making cellular phones too making first contact with an alien race. They had noticed a disturbance with the gravity in the city that Leon was based in and they saw everything that Rainbow Dash had done. They knew were she came from, what she used to be and how she got here, and it impressed Leon greatly that they learned all that from a couple of fluctuations with the light and gravity around were Rainbow Dash shifted dimensions. He was informed of everything that they knew about Rainbow Dash, and he was designated head of the recovery team. His job was capture Rainbow Dash and bring her back to HQ, were they would most likely torture her, then kill her. He stole a lot of money, and tech from the organization, and he left them, and took about a quarter of the organizations staff with him so he could save Rainbow Dash and possibly get her back home. The quarter of the staff that left with Leon was all the scientists, and First contact teams (the people that knew how to shoot) that used work with Leon. You see people trusted Leon, because unlike all the other heads, he talked to the staff, and tried to do the right thing when stuff like this happens, and not the thing that would make him the most money.

(EPIC TIME SKIP SO THAT YOU DON'T HOW TO READ ABOUT LEON MAKING A POPTART)

It was almost night, Rainbow started finally woke up and looked around, she had a dream about the Wonderbolts and felt extremely home sick. It wasn't the first time but usually when she felt like this Leon was just in the other room, and that made her feel better, but she had no clue where she was, and was silently freaking the buck out. Meanwhile, in the kitchen Leon was cooking and preparing to get slapped again, he was going to tell her everything. 'She is going to hate me' he thought to himself. He finished cooking, and picked up the bowel of his famous ramen and made his way back to the Master bedroom. He opened the door and saw Rainbow sitting up in the bed, her hands covering her eyes. "Hey, everything is going to be fine, here." he said as he handed the bowel of noodles to Rainbow.

Rainbow looked at him, she was slightly startled by Leon, but immediately started to feel better seeing him. She took the bowel and started to eat, she was starving. "When your done meet me in the living room, Okay?" he asked softly.

Rainbow nodded and started to finish her meal. Once she was done she found her way to the living room, she looked in awe at the sight of the glowing city that the huge window/wall provided, then she noticed Leon looking at the city with a hint of sadness on his face. "Hey, you alright?" Rainbow asked worriedly.

"Yeah, just scared." he said as he turned to Rainbow Dash.

"That's a huge boost of reassurance." she said lamely, thinking he was scared because of all the recent attacks, not that he's worried about her being mad at him.

"listen, I know pretty much everything about you," he sighed, Rainbow looked at him confused. "I, um... was supposed to take you captive and, yeah." he continued, Rainbow felt hurt. "Hold on, before you get mad there is more. The organization I used to work for told me everything they learned about you. Long story short, I left the organization to save you, and the people that attacked me are actually after you, sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I wanted you to enjoy your stay here while I had some friends work on a way to get you home." he said, bracing for slap to the face, instead she kicked him in the balls.

"Not cool." he squeaked as he dropped down to a kneel.

Rainbow then picked him up and hugged him, "I want to go home, but I want to stay with you." she said, starting to cry. "I don't know what to do." she choked out.

He wrapped his arms around her, and got an Idea. "Maybe... it's possible that I can come with you." he said trying to calm Rainbow down.

She didn't respond but she slowly stopped crying. She took her time to process what she learned, she didn't think about Leon coming back with her, the thought made her happy. She looked up at Leon, "I'm sorry." she started "I'm causing so much trouble and..." she was going to continue but Leon pulled her in with a tight hug.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sorry I lied to you." he said truthfully.

They stood their in silence for a while, Leon looked tired, and even though Rainbow was unconscious for most of the day, she was beat. She dragged him into the bedroom and they rested. They were going to need it.

Ask no questions, and be told no lies. Rest easy cowboy.

_=_--+_-==-+-=--=__+--===-=__+--=-+_+__-=-=-=_+--_+_=_=--=_+_+-=-==_==--+_=-_+-+_+-=-+-=_+_+=-=-+-=-+_+-=+-+-=+

Sorry this one is so short, but this is kinda like the end of act one through this journey. Fun fact, the character Leon is based of a combination of me and a good friend of mine's personality's, I like science and cooking, my friend is an expert in all things involving combat, and we're both Freerunners.

Tell me what you think, and any mistakes that I made in this chapter, and shoot me an Idea in the comments about what should happen next. Also I'm looking for an Editor... so yeah, if you want to be one feel free to ask, Ciao.