• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 1,115 Views, 6 Comments

The Second Story of Sky Blue - Capulus



The sequel to my story The Story of Sky Blue. Credit to Zoom_The_Kid for the idea, and antagonist.

  • ...
2
 6
 1,115

Chapter 6

Zoom woke up to the sound of somepony knocking on his door again. He had had an extremely strange dream, but he couldn’t remember what exactly had happened. He vaguely remembered... Pink clouds? He opened the door to Applejack’s smiling face and she took him downstairs for some breakfast. This time they had Apple Waffles, and he opened up a bit, while not revealing what he was going to do, or what had happened to him. When Applejack asked about his love life, he just got off topic as quickly as he could. AJ looked confused for a moment, but happily started talking about her family, and her home life. She asked Zoom about his family and he just replied with;
“Oh, it’s just me and mum at home. My dad left a few years ago, and I haven’t seen him since.” AJ just nodded sadly, and Zoom decided not to breach the subject of AJ’s family. He had seen a few photos of Applejack as a filly, standing happily in front of two smiling Ponies, who he guessed must have been her parents. He hadn't seen any photos of her as a grown mare with them. He was smart enough to put two and two together.
They ate in silence for a little while, but then Applejack got up, and said she had to go and see Sky and Rainbow about what she had to do for the next day. Wedding days were always chaotic, and AJ knew she would be needed to help. She left, and Zoom went up to his room. He went over to his saddlebags and took the talon out. He put it on his bed, and examined it closer. Strange, when I found it in the forest, it was practically unblemished, but now there are cracks all over it. Maybe I should leave it here for now? NO! I mean... Maybe I should hold onto it. It should be fine. Zoom shook his head, casting away this odd thought. Yeah, I’ll put it back in the saddlebags and go out for a little while. Zoom did this, and walked to Ponyville, wondering what he was going to do for a few hours. It was strange, but Zoom felt... Not happy, but content. He was going to get revenge tomorrow, and nothing was going to stop him.

For Sky, however things were getting hectic, and with Rarity wanting to go for the traditional approach, --as long as it didn’t involve anything too ‘frilly frou frou’-- was going crazy looking for the objects that she saw that every bride needed.
“We still need something borrowed, something new, and something blue! What are we going to do?” Rarity was running around like a headless chicken, and even Rainbow and Sky were a bit nervous. Not about the things Rarity was looking for, but about the fact that this was usually the time Narrative Causality kicked things in the face, and ruined everything. They just stayed close together, and when either of them was worried, the other would comfort them. Sky had almost broken down when Rarity had told them about the ‘big disaster’. And now Rainbow and Sky were looking for things that Rarity would find satisfactory. They had decided to ask Twilight, and she had told them to wait while she grabbed something. Now they were waiting in the library’s main room. Spike had brought them some tea a few minutes before. When the dragon had left, as Sky had gone to drink the tea, Rainbow had knocked it away, and warned her how bad Spike’s tea was. Sky had just teleported it to another dimension and shared a laugh as they wondered if they had just killed some innocent monster with it. Sky enjoyed the moment of peace they were sharing, and all too soon, Twilight had come out, and given Rainbow a necklace, with a golden chain, and a deep sapphire set in the middle.
“You can’t wear this Sky, seeing as you always wear your element. I just thought that this could be something borrowed and blue. My parents gave me this years ago.”
“Thanks Twilight. Now we just need something new.”
“Maybe you should talk to AJ. She should be down by Sweet Apple Acres.”
“Thanks, we’ll head there now.” And with this, they both flew out of Twilight’s Library, and towards the huge apple orchard.

As Zoom walked down the dirt road to the front gates of Sweet Apple Acres, he saw two shapes flying towards him. They landed softly in front of Zoom, and he saw the pegasus he had hoped he wouldn’t meet face to face until the following day.
Sky Blue.
Zoom wasn’t sure what happened next, but he felt a sudden surge of energy, and both of the pegasi flinched. Sky suddenly had a worried look on her face as Zoom realised she must have realised the energy come from him.
“Who are you? What was that?” She walked forwards, a worried look still present on her face.
“GET AWAY FROM ME!” Zoom yelled this louder than he ever had yelled anything, his shy demeanor usually keeping him pretty quiet. “I don’t want to talk to you.” And with this, Zoom ran past them, and into Ponyville.
“What was that about?”
Sky shrugged.
“I have no idea. It turns out Narrative Causality has just tripped us up for now.”
“What?”
“Never mind.” They continued on to Applejack’s farmhouse, and, seeing that AJ wasn’t there, they went back to Ponyville. They searched and searched, and they eventually found Applejack at her Apple Stall in the marketplace.
“Hey AJ!” Sky waved, and the orange earth pony waved back. Sky and Rainbow Dash flew over and landed in front of her.
“Hey, who’s that guy at you farm?”
“Oh, his name is Zoom. He’s staying with me while he’s in town. All the inns are full, and he seemed like a nice enough colt. You know Ah have an eye for those things.” Sky nodded, and decided not to tell her about the sudden blast from ‘Zoom’. Applejack trusted him, and that was enough for Sky. But, that blast... It was so powerful, for a moment I was reminded of... No... That’s impossible! It couldn’t be...
Him...

--Author's note--
Just for you unenlightened folks, Narrative Causality is --from what I can remember form Sir Terry Pratchett's books-- the chance for something to go wrong in a story. Or, it's just saying that, in a story, things are more likely to go wrong than in real life. e.g., Things will always go wrong before, or during a wedding in a story, whereas in real life, it is unlikely that the bride's long lost half-brother will show up with a secret about her past that makes the groom question his entire belief system. This also applies to soap operas. And, yes I realise that I have rushed the past 'few days' of the story, it's just because I was running out of ideas, and wanted to get to the wedding, and just continue on from there.
Now, stop reading this and KEEP READING THE STORY! Make sure to comment or PM with advice.
--End Note--