• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 1,115 Views, 6 Comments

The Second Story of Sky Blue - Capulus



The sequel to my story The Story of Sky Blue. Credit to Zoom_The_Kid for the idea, and antagonist.

  • ...
2
 6
 1,115

Aftermath

Observe. A dusty, lonely road in the middle of nowhere. In the distance, if one were to look closely, they would see a small glow. This glow is Ponyville, on of the most beautiful towns in the magical land of Equestria. Along this lonely road, walks a light-brown stallion, with blonde hair, a red tail, with a lighter on his flank, and dark thoughts on his mind.
That evil, evil, evil BITCH! Everyone calls her a hero because she is the seventh Element of Harmony. She probably just stole it from one of the other ponies she has killed. Laura... I will avenge you! It was called an accident... But I know better! That... That... ‘Sky Blue’ is evil! No-one could spend that long with the Queen of the Changelings and pick up some bad traits. And now she’s getting married! She’s manipulated some innocent pegasus! I have to get to Ponyville, and kill Sky Blue! This stallion is named Zoom. He lost his girlfriend Laura in the changeling attack on Canterlot. The pegasus he is talking about used a spell in said attack that killed a small number of changelings. But it had an unforeseen effect. The spell kept going, away from the source, until it hit a small green mare, killing her instantly. Zoom had been away at a camp at the time. His mother had sent him to make friends. But when he had gotten the news he had left the camp immediately and headed for the one who had killed his love. Sky Blue... I will destroy you. Not even your magic will work against me. Zoom is an earth pony blessed with an extremely rare ability. The ability to resist magic. No matter what spell is used on him, whether it be healing or hurting, none work. And now he will use that ability to avenge the mare he loved. No, still loves. He will never forget Laura, even in her death.

In Ponyville, however, things couldn’t be happier. In the two months since Chrysalis’ and Discord’s defeat, things had changed drastically. Sky had talked to Pinkie Pie, and Pinkie had spoken to Twilight, and before long, they had ended up together. Fluttershy and Big Macintosh had announced that they were going out. Rarity had broken up with the fashion designer after he had called one of her designs ‘Only worthy of being wrapped around a campfire’, and had continued designing dresses with more determination than ever. She had been featured in over twenty different fashion magazines ever since the breakup. AJ had had to say goodbye to her stallion for a few months, as he had been sent away by his bank to the Changeling homeland to help with trading. And Sky Blue and Rainbow Dash had gotten engaged. Sky had proposed to Rainbow about a month after Chrysalis had been defeated. Sky had been on top of the world since Rainbow had accepted. Now she was soaring through the sky, at the head of her own Weather Patrol squad. They had been told to make up for missing a rain shower the week before with a thunderstorm.
“Who was it that made Derpy responsible for last week's shower?” Sky yelled over her shoulder, to a blue pegasus with blonde hair, named Blue Skies.
“I don’t know! Maybe she just volunteered?”
“It doesn’t matter, we just have to get this ready! They filled the clouds up just for last week, and now we have to make it up with a storm! Now! Start getting the clouds into their positions! I’ll deal with the west, you guys deal with the east! Meet up above the town hall when you’re done!” Sky yelled this all above the rising wind as Rainbow’s team built up the air currents above the clouds. She headed to the west of Ponyville, where she saw a large group of dark grey storm clouds floating. Okay, what spell can I use to do this?
Sky’s magical abilities had been invaluable to the weather patrol.
Ah! Of course!
“SPRAEDAN!” The clouds were hit by the spell and exploded outwards, covering the sky above Ponyville. With Sky’s magic, she had done a job that used to take a group of Pegasi at least half an hour to do in a few seconds. She looked over and saw a white pegasus shooting towards her. He stopped in front of her, and Sky tried to remember his name.
“Brolly, right?”
He shot to attention, --as much as he could in mid-air-- and saluted.
“Yes ma’am!” Sky winced as she was reminded of an unpleasant memory of her time with the Changelings.
Please don’t call me ma’am. The last guy to do that is still looking for his teeth. Call me Sky. Now, what did you need?”
He immediately slumped, and looked at her with a relieved look.
“Sorry, Sky. I just wanted to say that Rainbow Dash needs to see yo--” He stopped as Sky shot past him, spinning him 1080 degrees.
Whatever Rainbow needs, it is probably important. Maybe related to the wedding? She almost killed Rarity yesterday when she saw how ‘frilly frou-frou’ her dress was. Sky slowed to a halt when she saw the blue pegasus on the ground, waving at her from in front of Twilight's library. Sky dropped into a nosedive and landed lightly in front of her fiancee.
“What do you need?”
“It’s about Celestia, she wants to see us.” Sky happily followed Rainbow into Twilight’s library, where the princess had moved when she had started walking, --however unsteadily-- and Twilight had happily obliged, happy to be able to speak to her mentor on a daily basis. Sky had offered to heal Celestia’s wounds, but the Princess had politely declined, saying that more magic could do more harm than good. And now she wanted to talk to both of the engaged ponies. What about? I guess we’ll find out in a minute.