• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 4,094 Views, 150 Comments

Kirby Planet Robobot: Equestrian Adventures - Kir B



An unexpected attack from Star Dream has taken Kirby away from his planet and placed him into the land of Equestria. With the help of new friends, Kirby must try to make it back to his world.

  • ...
2
 150
 4,094

Passing the Time

Waiting for Rarity proved to be a test of patience for Spike. Here he was sitting on the floor of the Boutique, with Sweetie Belle and Kirby sitting around him with nothing to do. The trio had initially tried to play some board games to pass the time, but failed to find much enjoyment with them due to multiple pieces or cards missing from the boxes. After that, the three had simply plopped down and sat in silence waiting for something to happen.

At last Sweetie Belle spoke up.

"So.... Spike." She began, "How did you meet Kirby? Was it in the Everfree Forest?"

Spike shook his head.

"No. Actually the first time I saw Kirby was at the rock field where Rarity gets her gems." He looked over to Kirby before continuing. "Rarity and I had finished digging for gems. We were making our way back to Ponyville when all of a sudden something came falling towards us really fast! It hit the ground with a huge explosion! When we went back to investigate, we found Kirby laying in a crater."

Sweetie Belle looked unconvinced.

"Wait, so you're telling me that Kirby was the one who made that big explosion?" She questioned. "Look at it! It isn't very big and it doesn't look that strong or tough either."

"Well he's certainly tough." said Spike. "He was walking and running around like it was nothing only a few minutes after he woke up! And if you saw the size of the crater he left, I'd say that's impressive."

Sweetie was about to make another comment, but then she thought about something that Spike had just said.

"Wait a minute, Kirby's a he?" She asked. "How do you know that Kirby's a guy?"

Spike opened his mouth to reply, but soon found he had no answer.

"Erm, I don't actually. I kinda just assumed Kirby was..." Spike never got to finish his statement.

"So you just assumed Kirby's gender?" Sweetie Belle interrupted.

Spike flinched at the sudden shift in tone of Sweetie Belle's voice. Her voice sounded harsh all of a sudden.

"I....guess?" he replied at last, unsure how the filly would take his answer.

Sweetie Belle looked at Spike, then to Kirby. She looked Kirby over for moment before turning her gaze back to Spike.

"I think Kirby's a girl." She said at last.

Spike had no words. He just looked at Sweetie belle with a face that screamed "I have so many questions right now." Eventually he managed to actually ask one.

"What? What makes you think Kirby's a girl?" he asked.

Sweetie scoffed. "Just look at her! She's pink and red, and has deep blue eyes." She paused, thinking for a moment before speaking her thoughts. "And Kirby's voice sounds more like a girls voice rather than a boy's voice." She finished.

Spike found himself speechless once again. He just stared at Sweetie Belle, who seemed quite convinced that Kirby was, without a doubt, a girl. He turned his gaze to the side where Kirby was sitting. Spike didn't know how, but he somehow just felt that Sweetie Belle was wrong.

"Meh, I still think Kirby's a guy." he said at last.

Sweetie Belle shrugged. "We could always ask Kirby." She said.

Spike looked unsure. "Wouldn't that be rude?" he asked cautiously. "I mean, I bet a lot of ponies would be offended if I couldn't tell if they were a boy or a girl. I wouldn't want to offend him.... or her, whatever Kirby is! What if Kirby gets mad at us?"

The two thought about it for a while, weighing the pros and cons of asking such a question to a being that they didn't know much about. Soon they began voicing their thoughts with one another. Kirby just sat idly by, not paying the two much attention. He didn't take much interest with their conversation. In fact, he found himself becoming rather tired. His eyes became heavy and he struggled to keep them open. The the world suddenly became dark as he drifted off into slumber.


It was past midnight by the time Rarity made it back home. After a bit of unforeseen delay leaving Fluttershy's home, she found her self struggling to keep herself awake. But she had managed to make her way home, and was looking forward to her beauty sleep. But as she stepped inside her abode, she was surprised to see-

"What do you mean Kirby might be something other than a boy or girl?"

"I just think that Kirby could possibly operate by different rules than simply being a boy or girl."

"But didn't you say that Kirby was definitively a girl a while ago?"

"I changed my answer."

Rarity wasn't expecting to see Sweetie Belle still awake at this hour. She frowned, realizing that getting Sweetie Belle up for school tomorrow was now most likely going to be a difficult task. But taking her mind to other matters, she found herself wondering why Spike and, surprisingly, Kirby were currently in her home.

"Ahem." she coughed, startling both Spike and Sweetie Belle. After seeing just who it was interrupting their discussion, they both calmed down a bit.

"Hey sis!"

"Hi Rarity."

"Hello you two." She greeted flatly. "What are you all still doing up at this hour? Do you realize how late it is?"

Sweetie Belle and Spike looked at each other and then back towards Rarity.

"Uhhh.... no?" The two said in unison, both wearing a sheepish grin.

Rarity simply facehooved. She really didn't want exert more energy scolding them, she barely had the energy to converse with them. She weighed her options for a brief moment and, with a heavy sigh, gave directions to everyone present.

"Sweetie Belle, go on to your room and go to bed. You know you have school in the morning."

Sweetie Belle opened her mouth to protest, but a stern glare from her older sibling made any complaints she had fall apart.

"Alright" she moaned, as she made her way to her room.

Once Sweetie Belle had left the room, Rarity turned towards Spike and Kirby.

"Spike, what are you doing here?" She asked. "Shouldn't you be back at the library?"

Spike started to chuckle nervously. He didn't exactly want to tell Rarity what had happened with the gems and his run in with Twilight. "W-well Kirby and I passed by the Library on the way here. But while we were passing by we saw Twilight on the balcony. She looked like she was having one of her breakdowns so...... I kinda ran away." He finished feebly.

Rarity shook her head in disapproval. "Spike you should've at least made an attempt to help her out." Rarity was going to continue but a yawn left her mouth instead of a small lecture, causing her to blush. "Never mind, it's too late for you two to be walking around Ponyville. It would seem you'll have to spend the night here".

Spike's eyes grew wide. Him, spend the night at Rarity's? It was a dream come true! Spike shook his head to clear his thoughts. He didn't want to look too eager.

"A-alright then." he said at last, finally finding a little composure. He let out a loud yawn. "Where do I sleep?"

Rarity pointed towards a room a little ways away from them. "That room there is the guest room." She told him. "You and Kirby can sleep there for the night."

Spike looked over towards the door for a moment before walking towards Kirby.

"Okay Kirby" he yawned "Lets go to the guest room and get some sleep." Kirby didn't answer.

"Kirby?" Spike called softly. "Come on dude we gotta get some sleep!" Kirby still didn't reply. Spike gave the pink puff a closer look. When he heard a faint snoring, he sighed. "Of course you're asleep." Spike got a little closer to the pink puff and picked him up. After that he made his way to the guest room to turn in for the night. But not before telling Rarity.

"Good Night."

Author's Note:

Guess who's back with a chapter drop? Thats right! Kir B! Sorry for being gone so long. But things happen in life. I do know that this is the shortest chapter in the story so far, but I like to think that this is the end of the prologue. Kirby's adventure true adventure is about to begin. So I hope you guys look forward to it.

-Kir B