• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 4,093 Views, 150 Comments

Kirby Planet Robobot: Equestrian Adventures - Kir B



An unexpected attack from Star Dream has taken Kirby away from his planet and placed him into the land of Equestria. With the help of new friends, Kirby must try to make it back to his world.

  • ...
2
 150
 4,093

Contact between beings.

Twilight woke up with a groan. She was starting to regret losing track of time while star gazing last night, and she knew that the day would only get worse before it got better. As she got out of her bed she couldn't help thinking back on the previous night. She chuckled quietly.

"The stars beyond truly were a sight to behold." she thought. She replayed the memories of her discoveries through her mind as she trotted to the bathroom, ready to prepare herself for the day ahead of her.

Meanwhile, a certain drake was beginning to stir. Spike's awakening went much like Twilight's, waking with a groan and attempting to leave the comfort of his bed, or in this case basket. This wasn't how his mornings would usually go as he usually slept far longer than he usually intended to. On the plus side, at least he wouldn't have to worry about Twilight lecturing him about oversleeping once again. Spike slowly emerged from his basket and started towards the staircase.

"A glass of water should help get the bod started." He mumbled.

He started to descend down the stairs.... and tripped. He tumbled the rest of the way down, each impact with the staircase sounding off with a loud thump. Twilight, who was currently brushing her teeth, failed to hear the impacts created by the young drake over the running water from the sink and the tune she was humming to herself.

"Owwww." he moaned.

Spike was certain that he didn't need a glass of water at this point. Having thick scales didn't prevent the pain he was feeling from his tumble. It wasn't enough to render him immobile, in fact all he really ended up with were a few faint scratches against his scales. However this idle thought did little to improve his now soured mood and he had to admit he still felt rather sore. With his body currently in a dull pain, Spike's mind was now awake. He pulled himself off of the floor and slowly walked into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Twilight had finished making herself presentable by the time Spike had finished cooking, and she saw him putting freshly made pancakes and hay-bacon upon the dining table as she walked out of the bathroom. She was surprised to see the young drake up this early at all, but decided that questioning about the current situation would be highly illogical and make her seem ungrateful.

"Thank you Spike" she said as she sat down.

"No problem Twilight!" Spike replied. He was no longer feeling any pain from his fall and was now in a better mood than before. He sat down at the table and picked up a piece of hay bacon, ready to enjoy his breakfast. The strip of hay was an inch from his face when there was knocking at the door.

"Spike could you get the door?' asked Twilight, right before biting into another pancake.

"Alright." He sighed. He left his hay-bacon at the table and jogged towards the door, hoping to handle whatever business the pony outside had and get back to his breakfast before it got cold.

"Hello. Is there something that I can--!!" Spike started to say. However he soon found himself frozen, suddenly unable to make a coherent sentence. A lovely white unicorn had filled his vision and the sight of her made Spike's heart flutter with excitement.

"Oh! Why hello Spike." Greeted Rarity. "I was expecting Twilight to answer the door."

"S-shes in inside eating breakfast!" Spike finally stuttered, though a bit too quickly for his liking. "D-did you need her for something? I-i'll go get her for you! "He turned to leave, but quickly added "You can come in and sit down if you'd like! After all, it would be rude to let a lady stand outside." Rarity nodded and walked into the library, taking a seat by one of the many bookcases. Spike wasted no time rushing to the dining area. He would do whatever Rarity asked of him in a timely manner. He wouldn't dream of letting her down.

"Twilight!" he shouted. "Rarity was at the door. She said that she wanted you for something." Twilight nodded in acknowledgement and left the table to meet her friend.

As Twilight began conversing with her friend, Spike had thrown himself into a frantic frenzy trying to freshen up, breakfast completely forgotten. Were his scales polished? Were his spines straight? Did he have morning breath!? All these thoughts and more ran through his mind, seemingly having no end. Rarity only deserved the best of the best and he wasn't going to take any chances with his appearance. He NEEDED to look his absolute best whenever Rarity was around, no exceptions.

At last, when had decided that he looked presentable to the mare of his dreams, he started to head back downstairs. As he descended he heard the remnants of the conversation the two mares downstairs were having, ending with Twilight agreeing to something. As he came into view, Twilight turned in his direction and smiled.

"Spike. Rarity has asked me if you were available. She needs to replenish her gem supply and wanted to know if you'd like to come along and help her find the gems that she needs." Twilight inwardly chuckled. She already knew the baby drake's answer would be yes.

Spike almost shouted his reply.

"O-of course! Anything for you Rarity!"

"Excellent!" Rarity clapped her hooves together happily. "We'll need to leave immediately if we're going to find enough gems to make these new dress ideas of mine, shine!" She trotted towards the door and Spike followed along, practically floating the entire way.

"Be good Spike!" Twilight called out as the two left the library. After she shut the door she turned toward her study desk and decided to start recording her findings from the night before onto paper, getting lost in her happiness of getting to do one of her favorite things.


Spike was having the time of his life. He was spending time with his dream mare, helping her dig for the gems that she needed for her dresses. Sure it was dirty work, but he didn't care one bit. If what he was doing made Rarity happy, he'd gladly do it.

"Over here Spike!" Rarity called out. She had found another cluster of gems laying beneath the dirt. Spike wasted no time getting into position and began digging furiously into the ground. He eventually reached the glittering cluster, and grabbed as many gems as he could before jumping out of the hole he had made.

"Here you go Rarity!" he said, placing the gems into a rather full wagon. The two had spent a large portion of the day hunting for gems, and had amassed quite a collection. The wagon was almost too heavy for spike to move, but he struggled on, if only to please his crush.

"Good job Spike" Rarity said. She walked over to him and surveyed the small wagon. After a small nod of satisfaction she turned towards the small drake. "I do believe that we've collected enough gems to last for some time." She said. "You've been a great help Spike and I believe you deserve a reward." Rarity levitated an emerald out of the gem pile they had made and gave it to Spike.

Spike nearly fainted from the gesture, but manage to keep himself together. Thanking the mare, he took the glittering gem and put it away. He vowed to keep his gift safe this time, remembering how he once had to sacrifice a jewel to save Rarity from a pack of diamond dogs.

"Ill keep it safe as long as I live." He thought to himself.

The two friends soon started the trek back towards Ponyville, talking about current events and other topics on the way. Rarity did most of the talking but Spike didn't mind. He was more than content to listen the the voice of his crush, even if not everything she said made sense to him. A few minutes into the journey home, Spike decided to stretch his limbs. Digging constantly would do that. He stopped on the spot and stood on the tips of his claws, stretching his body upwards. He closed his eyes as he did so, feeling the relief that stretching gave him. Before stopped, he opened his eyes, taking in the vastness of the sky. However he realized that something was off about it.

Something was falling.

Something was falling, fast.

Something was falling fast, was heading straight towards them!

"Rarity get down!" He shouted, lunging at the white unicorn. He tackled Rarity and they both tumbled to the ground.

"SPIKE!" Rarity yelped. What in Equestria are you-!

She didn't get to finish her sentence, for seconds after they she was tackled something flew over them at high speed landing a ways behind them with a deafening BOOM. Both Spike and Rarity were shocked. They looked at each other for a while, unsure what to think. The shocked silence didn't last long though, as they soon went full speed to the impact site. When they arrived, they found a rather large crater with a small pink creature laying at the bottom.

"S-Spike?" Rarity stuttered."You wouldn't happen to know what manner of creature that is, would you?"

Spike was at a loss. He didn't know WHAT he was looking at.Never in his entire life had he seen something like this, book or otherwise. The creature was a vibrant pink with two red protrusions at one end and two pink nubs positioned further up at opposing sides of each other.

"N-no Rarity." he said at last. "I couldn't tell you what that is for the life of me..."

Without warning , Spike jumped into the crater, slowly letting himself slide to the center. Rarity was quick to scold him about his sudden actions.

"Spike!" she hissed. "What are you doing!? You don't know what that thing is! What if you get hurt!? Twilight would never forgive me if something were to happen to you!

Spike thought about her words, but it was pretty late to back out now. He had finally made it to the center of the crater and the pink being before him was in clear view. He walked towards it slowly. He found that it was a little bit bigger than he thought it would be, but it was still a bit smaller than he was. He looked over its body. Upon closer inspection he found two red oval marks upon its body. Above the marks were two thin black lines. Below them was a small black dot. Overall, he decided that whatever it was, it seemed pretty harmless. He looked down at the being before him again.... and slowly picked it up.

"SPIKE!" Rarity shouted. "Don't pick it up! It may be dangerous! Spike turned to face her for a few seconds, then turned back towards the creature within his claws. Rarity sighed in exasperation and jumped into the crater. She carefully slid down to the center and and took a look at the creature within Spike's grasp before using her magic to levitate it.

"Spike." Rarity said, firmly. "What you just did was very reckless!" What if something had happened to you? For all we know that creature could have been venomous!" Spike looked down sadly. He hadn't meant to cause Rarity any distress. Something about this whole event had just... called to him. Made him feel like investigating and figuring out the mystery of the creature that fell from the sky.

"I-i'm sorry Rarity." said sadly. "I didn't mean to upset you! I-I was just.... curious." His felt bad for causing is crush to feel worried. A part of him rejoiced in the fact that she cared for him that much, but overall he still felt like he had done a great evil.

Rarity sighed.

"It's okay Spike" She said in a friendly tone. "I forgive you. Next time just think before you act, okay?" Spike looked up to her and nodded. A sad smile adorned his face. He still felt bad about upsetting his dream mare, but he felt a bit better knowing that she wasn't angry about it.

They soon climbed out of the crater, Rarity towing the pink being out with her magic.

"So what do we do about that?" Spike asked. Rarity thought about it for a bit before deciding on an idea.

"Perhaps Fluttershy will have some idea of what this is." She said. "Besides it would probably be best to take it there anyways. I'm sure a fall like that isn't healthy for anypony, and the poor thing is all scratched and bruised up."

Spike agreed. Rainbow dash had suffered falls similar to what they had just witnessed and she had to stay in the hospital for months. This thing had hit the ground and left a crater that would impress even her and it wasn't even that big OR heavy! He wondered if it was even ALIVE after a fall like that.

The two soon gathered everything they had and ran full speed toward Fluttershy's home. As they left they area, Twilight teleported in, looking around frantically for any sign of the duo.

"Spike!? Rarity!? Where are you!? Are you two okay!?" She called out. Twilight was worried. She was just finishing her notes about one of the many stars she had see when she heard a loud explosion. She had looked out her window to see a large plume of dirt starting to fall down right in the rock field where Rarity and spike were digging for gems. She had dropped everything, running and teleporting like mad to see if they were alright.

"Rarity!? Spike!? Can you hear me!?" she called out again. She turned towards the impact sight and ran towards it, peering into the crater. Finding nothing of use she searched the area some more, shouting and yelling, until she discovered a line of hoof prints and claw prints with wheel trails behind them. After a bit of investigation, she concluded that the two were okay. The prints left by the two suggested that they had left the area, returned to investigate whatever had made the crater, and then left again at an increased speed. She sighed in a bit of relief and started to leave the area, when she heard something smash against the ground.

Twilight shot her gaze towards the source of the sound. What she saw perplexed her. What lay in front of her eyes was a puddle of blue/purple goop surrounded by shards of broken glass. The goo was somewhat bubbly and the colors that composed it swirled around each other, mixing in some places but but staying separate in others. She didn't know what to think of the oddity that lay before her. Another thing that confused her was where it had originated from. There wasn't a place to hide around the area and there weren't any pegisi in the air either. Twilight stared at the goopy mess for a solid minute before deciding to take action. Concentrating her magic she levitated the goo into the air before putting a containment bubble spell around it. She looked at it a little while longer before heading back towards the library with the contained goo in tow.

"Perhaps this substance had something to do with the explosion." She thought to herself, as she made her way back home.


Pain. That was all Kirby's body could feel at the moment. He tried to move, but found that doing so incurred the wrath of pretty much every pain receptor in his small pink body. Even opening his eyes felt like a monumental task. He tried to remember something, anything, that could help him understand how he ended up in this state. And soon it came flooding back to him.

He had been fighting Star Dream and was about to land the final blow, when the giant machine had surprised him by inhaling him. He ended up in the void waiting for something to happen. Just when he was thinking that nothing would happen the void was lit up via explosions. They had been everywhere, blasting him from all sides with high intensity. He couldn't remember anything after that. He sighed, wondering why almost every powerful monster he fought seemed to have some variant of that explosive attack.

After a what felt like eternity, he became aware of something. He could hear voices. But... he couldn't recognize them. He tried opening his eyes again and actually managed to hold them open. This wasn't the halberd. This wasn't even The Halberd fused with the Robobot Armor! Where exactly was he? He managed to sit up and started to take in his surroundings. He was in a cozy looking room laying on a bed. He could hear still hear the voices but could see that they weren't in the room he was currently in. Seeing how he had finally managed to get his body to cooperate despite the pain, he decided to investigate a little further, slowly making his way to the door.


"So you don't know what it is either?"

"I'm afraid not. It looks so cute. Its a shame that it ended up hurting itself in such a way."

"Darn."

Spike and Rarity had made it to Fluttershy's cottage. Upon learning that they had brought an injured creature, Fluttershy practically threw herself into a frenzy, bringing out many herbs and plenty of first aid equipment, ready to nurse whatever animal that was brought to her back to health. It wasn't until she actually laid eyes on the creature that she learned she didn't know how to treat it.

"I'm sorry you two. she apologized. "I want to help, but I just don't know anything about it. I could end up doing more harm than good and if that happened I just don't know what I would do!"

"It's okay darling" Rarity started. "You did your best. All we can do now is hope that it makes a recovery."

"Thanks Rarity" Fluttershy replied softly. "I needed to hear that."

"Think nothing of darling."

"So what did you do with it?" Spike interjected. He had been curious about the being ever since it had fallen out of the sky and he wanted to do whatever he could to help.

"Oh, I only put some bandages around some of its wounds. After that I placed it into a bed. Nothing too major."

"Hmm......"

"Is something the matter Spike?" Rarity asked. "You seem dreadfully tense and rather antsy."

Spike sighed. " I guess I'm just worried about it." He explained. "Rainbow Dash has been hospitalized for impacts like that. Whatever this thing is took a similar fall and its not big or heavy, yet it left a crater in the ground similar to when Rainbow failed a stunt badly. What if its crippled or something?"

The mares looked at one another and then back to Spike. He seemed pretty attached to the creature, and yet it hadn't even done anything. Rarity sigh and looked put a hoof on Spike.

"I'm sure it will be fine Spike." She said in a soothing tone. "We've done our part and now all we can do is hope for the best. I'm worried for its health as well, but we can only wait and see what happens from here on."

Spike sighed again. He knew Rarity was telling the truth and that he really could only wait. Still, seeing how hurt it was made him feel bad. He couldn't explain it but he just felt for the poor thing. It was as if he was watching a friend get put in the hospital rather than some random animal.

"I suppose you're right." He said at last. He then looked up and put a smile on his face. " I supposed we'd better take these gems back to the Carousel Boutique if you want to get those dresses done."

Rarity smiled, glad to have lifted her friend's spirit at least somewhat.

"Of course my dear Spikey-wikey" She cooed. Spike soon went outside to prepare the wagon for movement. She turned to Fluttershy. "Well Fluttershy I do believe we'll take our leave. Perhaps we could take a trip to the spa sometime in the near future?

"Oh that would be nice! Perhaps next Monday?"

"Sounds like a plan!" Rarity agreed. "Well I must be off now. Please take--!"

Rarity's words caught in her throat. She couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Rarity? Are you alright?" Questioned Fluttershy. The yellow pegasus didn't get a response from her friend. She slowly walked over to Rarity and gently poked her with a hoof. That didn't get a response either. Rarity continued to stare at something in front of her. Fluttershy turned around to see what had caught the attention of her friend, and pretty much fell into the same state as Rarity.

There, holding onto the door knob for dear life, was the creature that had been placed into bed.

It turned and saw them staring at it. It blinked a few times before dropping from the door knob and hitting the floor with a squeak, wincing when it made contact.

Fluttershy was over it in seconds.

"Oh my goodness are you okay!? Do you feel sore anywhere!? You really shouldn't be up and about like this, you're terribly injured!


Kirby didn't know what to think. He had made it to the door and had tried to push it open. It didn't budge. He tried putting a bit more force behind his push. The door refused to move. After a few seconds of getting nowhere he finally looked up to see a door knob. After floating upward top reach it, he finally managed to make get the door open, only to be greeted by strange creatures beyond the door. They looked like the creatures in a book that Tiff had shown him once, only much more colorful. In his own surprise he let go of the door knob and as soon as he hit the ground, one of the creatures was all over him, bombarding him with questions! It was surprising to say the least.

"POYO!" he cried in protest.

The act of using his voice had frozen it in its tracks. At least for a moment. It backed away slowly with an apologetic look on its face. "Oh! Sorry..." It said. The response was so quiet that Kirby had almost missed what it had said. Though he had heard the apology and gave a happy coo in response.

This seemingly brought the white being out of its state of shock. It looked towards the yellow one and excused itself from the group, running outside rather quickly.

"Poyo?"

"Oh! Don't worry about Rarity. She's just a bit surprised to see you up on your....feet?.... so soon after what happened to you. I'm a bit surprised myself honestly."

"Poyo?"

"Oh! I didn't introduce myself. My name is Fluttershy."

The yellow being, now known as Fluttershy, seemed pretty friendly! Kirby felt at ease. Despite the slightly bumpy start, he had seemingly already made a new friend.

Poyo!

A few moments later the white being who Flutteshy had called Rarity came back inside the room, a second after that a purple and green creature came tumbling inside, looking around frantically for something. When its eyes fell upon Kirby they grew wide, shock spread across its face, before changing into happiness.

"It's okay!" It exclaimed and started to do a little happy dance. It kinda reminded Kirby of Tuff in a way.

"Poyo!" The happiness was contagious. Kirby soon found himself doing a small dance around the room with the purple creature.

Rarity and Fluttershy couldn't prevent their hearts from melting at the sight. It was absolutely adorable in every way imaginable. Soon they stopped dancing and the four beings found themselves on opposing sides of the room.

"Well then!" I'm glad to see that you managed to recover! Rarity had initiated conversation. " I wasn't expect you to bounce back so soon though. That was quite a nasty fall you had."

"Poyo!"

"Anyways" she continued. "My name is Rarity. Its a pleasure to meet you."

Poy!

The purple being spoke next.

Hey there! I'm Spike. I'm so glad to see that you're okay!

Poyo, Poyo!

Kirby was elated! He had made three new friends in one day! Without hesitation he said the next thing that came to his mind!

"Hiiiiiii! Name Kirby!"

Smiling faces had turned to shock and surprise once more.. Kirby looked at his new friends and tiled his head in confusion. Did he do something wrong?

Over to the side, Fluttershy fainted on the spot.

The ride was far from over.

Author's Note:

And with that chapter 2 is done. I hope that anyone who's been reading the story so far has enjoyed every word thats been typed. I'm sure that there are a few mistakes here and there, but ill be glad to fix them if anyone points them out.

For now have a nice day/night and enjoy the rest of your planned schedule.
-Kir B