• Published 5th Dec 2011
  • 1,903 Views, 45 Comments

Drago P.I - thewaffler



He's got a mustache, a fast car, and paradise packed with mystery and action.

  • ...
2
 45
 1,903

Fast cars and Blood Thirsty Angry Mobs

Spike was sound asleep, but sadly that was interrupted by sounds of a Helicopter passing over the mansion, Spike hastily got dressed and went outside to see what all the fuss was about. Once there he was met by Hoity and Applebloom. They looked up to see an odd but grateful sight.

"Zecora!?!" Applebloom shouted as they looked to see it was indeed her Zebra friend piloting a helicopter vehicle carrier whose payload just happen to be Spike's Jeep Cherokee.

Zecora looked down at Appleboom and shouted back. "I did pass my online chopper class and for why I'm here I've come to drop off something Spike holds most dear!"

She about to unload her cargo when a strong gust of wind causes the jeep to sway and two of the cables supporting it to snap. The chopper starts relaying and emitting various warning sounds. She had two choices, either crash or release the SUV and let it plummet into the ocean below. It was safe to say Zecora chose the second option.

"Well...that blows." Spike said in a very melancholy tone as he had watched his graduation present hurdle into the water and jagged rocks below.

Hoity spoke up and tried to smooth over the situation. "I assume your insurance shall cover the damages."

"Um... not really. I canceled my coverage when I decided to come out here. Luckily for me I have a few thousand bits saved up and my buddy Chugs is the brother in law of a local mechanic works out a used car dealership."

"Ah'm sorry about your car Spike."

"It's okay it's not like I had any cherished memories inside that hunk of junk sitting on a the sea floor."

"Well that's good to hear." Applebloom said and she failed to catch the sarcasm in spike's words.


The two of them had left the manor and was in town at Fleetwood's Used Car Emporium. Spike spots a pale blue 1975 K5 Blazer and in the mountainous terrain of the rural section of the island such a vehicle would be very useful. He thoughts were interrupted by a large stallion whom appeared to be in his late forties.

"Hello and welcome to my dealership, I'm the owner and what can I sell you and your girlfriend?"

Applebloom blushed slightly at the statement and Spike was the first one to speak. "I'm detective Spike Drago and this is my assistant Applebloom. I'm lookin for a new truck."

Fleet noticed they were in front of the Chevy Blazer and decided to use the same charm he had used on countless yuppies and weak willed individuals, but unfortunately for Fleetwood, Spike through years in the military, police work and a somewhat civil divorce was anything but weak willed and gullible.

"I see your lookin at the '76 blazer, great truck, drives like a champion and can go over any terrain, has a CB radio, even has the soft top and it can be yours for five thousand bits."

"Wait? Five grand for this truck, I mean don't get me wrong it's a fine truck, but with all the problems it has I think you can go lower."

"What problems? It's solid like a rock."

"Like this for starters." Spike shock the truck gently and the truck continued to rock side to side long after he had stopped shaking it. "See that? The shocks are bad, if you look at the tires they're almost bald, the hood has some surface rust, it's missing its spare and the interior has seen better days. I'll pay three grand considering it'll take another grand to bring it up to par plus I don't even know what's wrong with that motor."

"I'll tell you what. Why don't you and your cute assistant come into my office and we'll see if we---" Suddenly a Crown Vic stops, the windows roll down and the three of them are greeted by a barrage of gun fire.

Spike whipped out his pistol "Get to cover!!!" He fired four rounds into the car, clearly thinking that they would be met with no resistance.

The car sped off to avoid any more attention then they have already gained and it was clear that if they wanted someone dead they could have gotten the job done. This was a warning of things to come.

Shocked Fleetwood went up to Spike."I'll tell you what, find out who is trying to kill me and you can have the air damn truck." Fleetwood pulled out the necessary paper work from his jacket and signed it, Spike read the paper work and signed it as well. Fleetwood handed Spike and Bloom the keys and the two sped off to begin their first case.

"Spike ah dunno how we're gonna find out whose tryin to kill that Fleetwood fella."

"That's easy, the Crown Vic was an old police car which you could tell because of the cut out near the driver's side for the spotlight. I got a good look at the car before it sped away. The biggest tip off of where it might be is a ship yard because of heavy amounts of rust around the underside of the car and the heavy salt smell coming from it. Plus if you think about it a ship yard would be a great place to hide a plain looking car.

"So..."

"...We get on the horn and asked Chief Quan if there are any abandoned Shipping Yards nearby."

Spike and Applebloom got into the truck and dialed in the radio frequency to a police channel.

"Hello? I need to speak to Quan, it's important."

The radio hissed. "This is Quan, state your business."

"Yeah, it's me Spike--"

"--and his lovely assistant Applebloom." Applebloom interrupted.

"Anyway, I over about three blocks away from Fleetwood's Used Car Emporium and some guys in a Crown Vic just drove by and at shot at him and he hired me to stop them. I need to know if there is any abandoned ship yards in the area."

"Did you say Fleetwood, as in Fleetwood Brougham?"

"Yes, you know him?"

"Muther fucker tried to sleep with my thirteen year old daughter! Now as a police officer I can give you the information, but as a father I can ask that whatever he gave you or whatever he paid you it's not worth it. The guy has a lot of enemies." Quan sighs. "If you really wanna find them head to Oceana Lines, it's an old ship building dock that’s been abandoned since the company went bankrupt after the Poseidon incident of '72. I'll send you coordinates; just remember what I told you Spike."

Spike punched in the coordinates into his GPS and the two them drove off towards the dock.


20 minutes later

They pulled up to the rusted and locked gate and just like Spike hoped he found tire tracks. Spike got out his gun a Colt M1911 pistol which he had won in a game of poker from a Royal Guard. 'Great gun, few moving parts, easy maintenance, good weight, built solid and good for most situations.' They approached the gate.

"Spike, are ya sure ya wanna do this? I mean Quan said Fleetwood ain't good a good pony, plus the gate's locked."

"Look Applebloom, if your scared you can wait by the truck and be ready to call for back up and as for the gate, you forget I'm a dragon and I can do this." Spike proceeded to melt the chain link around the gate.

"Okay Spike I'll wait here and call for back up when the time comes."

Spike made his way into the compound following the tire tracks. to a warehouse near the center of the yard. He looked inside to see fifth teen or so various creatures talking, crying, drinking and planning. He glanced over to the back wall to find military grade weapons, the kind associated with Special Weapons and Tactics. Needless to say Spike was confused on why there were so many creatures from different walks of life and the arsenal. Amidst his confusion and thoughts Spike failed to see the figure standing behind him and with a swift blow to the head Spike was knocked unconscious.


30 minutes later

Spike woke up tied to a chair but he soon realized he wasn't the only one tied up. He could feel the hair of who was tied up behind him.

"Ugh...Spike is that you?"

"Applebloom, how did you get captured?"

"I was by the truck and it was a while and you didn't come back so I radioed Quan for back up, and the last thing I remember was two police officers and I woke up tied up next to you."

The door of the holding room they were in opened up, the lights flickered on and several creatures walked and trotted into the room.

Spike was adjusting to the light."Who are you? Why are we tied up and what's with all the weapons?"

"Patience, Spike." A familiar voice called out and as the owner walked towards the dragon.

"Quan? You're part of this or whatever this is?"

"Spike you must understand that we are not an evil group of pon...er...beings. Let me explain, but let me assure you that no harm will come to you or light yellow friend here. You know that Fleetwood was attacked today. The reason why is, if you look around this room, you'll see a life ruined. a heartbroken and worried parent. All our misery, sadness and anger originates from a single sadistic selfish stallion."

Spike sees the faces and forms of several ponies, a few donkeys, two griffins, a baby dragon like he had been and last an angry looking hippogriff.

"Let's go around a share a few of our stories. I wasn't a hundred percent honest in my tale. You see he had actually forced himself on to my child, I tried to have him arrested but his lawyers deflected it they said there wasn’t enough evidence. I found out about this group and have decided to secretly supply them with hardware so we can raid his casino."

The red and blue baby dragon took center stage. "That bastard stole the only mare ever loved after he promised to help me win her over. Once he used me then he stabbed me in the back. Once I get my claws on him..." he shot out a white hot flame even brighter than anything Spike could ever produce even now as an adult. "...I'll melt the jerkwad into ALLOY!!!"

A pair of donkeys spoke up. "Fleetwood forced our restaurant to close down after we made a deal with him to help us expand our bed and breakfast. He took the money, the bank foreclosed on us and ...and ...and..."The female broke into tears.

"...He bought out our property and turned it into another one of his crumby car lots." The male finished their tale.

Quan took over again. "and here is our latest member this young hippogriff, but certainly no less scarred by Mr. Fleetwood Brougham, his named is Tac."

"Yo, mah name is Tac and a long time ago there was a wonderful young griffin whose voice could bring tears to a rock golem. Anyway one day she met a smooth talking pony, who promised her the world. Now, her parents didn't like the fact that she was dating a Earth pony and disowned her, but she didn't care she was in love. This tale doesn't end with happily ever after as you can guess. The griffin found out she was carrying his child and she thought he would be happy, but how wrong she was he told her to get rid of it, but she couldn't and he threw her out in the streets where she had to work three jobs to survive and even her wonderful voice whittled away and now grown up the bastard son wants vengeance." Tac said in a low voice and his pounded the ground with his left talon.

Spike and Applebloom were shocked to find that really existed a monster with a soul as black as the tires on the cars he sells.

Quan broke the silence. "Now as I said Mr. Drago no harm will come to you or your companion. I know you'll want to stop us from doing what we're doing and save the life of an evil bastard coated bastard with bastard filling, but look at us we're not evil and if it helps you sleep at night just think of us as a concerned neighborhood watch organization. So what do you say Spike can just let justice take it's course?"

Spike thinks for a moment. ‘On one hand they are acting out illegal vigilante style justice, but on the other hand from their stories they aren't looking for money but rather some sense of justice and closure. Not to mention they took my gun which even if I had with me it only has six rounds left in it.'

"Okay, feel free to carry out your mob violence." Spike spoke in calm and compassionate tone.

One of the ponies called out, "Fleetwood is planning to leave his casino and head to the airfield a lot of his money, he may be trying to leave the island for good."

Quan cut Spike and Applebloom loose. "Like, I said earlier I am sorry about all of this Spike, but it looks like duty calls." Quan and the rest of the creatures put on ski masks and piled into three all black unmarked '05 Chevy Impalas. Like, that Spike and Bloom were left alone.

"So, Spike ah doubt we're just gonna stay here and watch from the sidelines."

"You're spot on Bloom, there may just be hope for you yet. We need to make sure they don't get into trouble." Spike said as grabbed his gun off of a nearby table as well as three clips. The two them got into the Blazer and kept their distant as they followed the angry blood thirsty mob.


At The Brougham Casino

"I don't care if they are orphans, I'm not donating a single bit to the hospital. If you want sympathy from me look under the dictionary between shit and syphilis! Try calling somepony who gives a damn like Fancy Pants or his wife the Wonderbolt, Rainbow Dish or Whatever! I ain't got time for things that ain't money, booze, cars or chicks!" Fleetwood could be heard yelling over his cell phone. He ended the call and the threw the phone to his mechanic and personal assistant Wilcox. Fleetwood was carrying several duffle bags full of 100 note bits.

"Wilcox, I need to get to the airfield and fast, I doubt that Dragon I hired can stop those thugs who are after my money. It's not like I paid him, I just gave him a complete pile that had been sitting on my lot for five years. I look at this way, I can write it off as a donation and I don't have to pay to insure it anymore." Just as he had finished boasting three cars could be heard approaching the main entrance of the casino. "CRAP!!! THEY'RE HERE, WILCOX GIVE ME MY KEYS, I'LL TAKE MY CAR." Fleetwood grabbed his money and threw it into the passenger seat of his '92 Cadillac Allante. He jumped in and rocket through the parking lot and out into the road away from the casino, while the three cars were in hot pursuit. Spike and Applebloom weren't far behind, but Spike noticed a familiar face as he drove by the casino and he pulled over to the casino's valet booth.

"Wilcox, is that you?"

"Sir, if you wanna get your parking validated you need to---" Wilcox looked up to see Spike and a mare he didn't recognize.

"Spike! It's great to see you bro! Who's this? Are you guys hungry we ca--" Spike interrupted him.

"Sorry to interrupt you dude, but we need to know where Fleetwood and those cars are headed. So, jump in and we can catch up later." Wilcox got into the back of the truck. They took off after the chase that was already in progress.

"Wilcox where are they going, exactly and is there any way to get there faster."

"They are going to a funeral for my dear ex-boss."

"UGH...Not, you too Wilcox. I mean it's like everyone I meet wants this guy dead. What's your stake in all this?"

"The guy keeps insulting my wife and kids. I mean the racist shit he says, just because I married a diamond dog. Not to mention as his assistant I have to hear about all the horrible things he does on a regular basis, so I offered to become a mole and fed the angry mob information. "

"Okay...but I need to catch up with them, where are they going and is there a short cut?"

"Um, yeah, they are going to his private airfield, but what the boss doesn't know is that I rerouted the refueling trucks and disabled all flight controls. The shortcut is...wait this is a four by four right?"

"Yes."

"Cut through...wait for it..." just below them on the winding road of the mountain was the car chase and sounds of bullets being fired but all in all the four cars still look mostly intact."...NOW!!!" The Blazer barreled down the side of the mountain and gravity was on their side as they crushed and knocked down tropical vegetation on their way to intersect the four automobiles engaged in battle.

Fleetwood was knew his car wasn't handling all that well in curves of the mountains, but in the straightaway’s he could pull away and make it to freedom. He tried calling the police, but unfortunately for him he left his phone back at the casino with Wilcox. He looked out the passenger side to see the same dirty blue blazer he had sold earlier coming down the side of the mountain. 'That dragon and that nice piece of tail he has with him are coming to save me, thank Celestia. I'm gonna be alive.'

Spike swerved into the position behind Fleetwood and tagged his bumper and he rolled down the window.

"FLLETWOOD YOU NEED TO PULL OVER AND LET ME TAKE YOU INTO CUSTODY!!!" Spike yelled out to Fleetwood, Wilcox wasn't too keen on the idea of letting his boss live.

"Bullshit this is a trap, I'm getting off this island!" Fleetwood grabs a Glock-9 from under his seat as he makes it to a straight piece of road and his car picks up speed and pulls away from the heavier and slower Blazer. He starts shooting at Spike and his companions. One bullet nails the old windshield of the truck and shatters it and ricochet grazes Applebloom.

"AGHHHH!!!" She yells out mostly from the shock of being hit rather than actual pain. Wilcox takes her bow from her head and makes it into a makeshift bandage.

'Well, all bets are off. I tried being the nice guy, screw this.' Spike thought to himself and was angry that one of his best and closest friends got hit. He reached for his own pistol and started firing at the Allante. Several of the bullets peppered the trunk and one caught the rear driver's tire. Fleetwood was just lucky his car was front wheel drive. However, his luck was getting progressively worse. During the his adrenaline fueled shoot out with Spike he ran out of bullets. "Shit, but at least I can still out run them." He was right his Caddy had a speedometer of 150 and on these straight sections of road that lead towards his airfield he was loosing them even with the one tire being reduces to a sparking rim and steering getting progressively harder to control. As if the princesses had heard about his triumph the Allante began to lose speed, just as he was almost in the clear.

"WHAT THE FUCK? AIR DAMN FUCKING STUPID COMPUTER CONTROLLED CYCLINDER FUEL ECONOMY BULL SHIT!!! SON OF A WHORE MONGERING FUCK BUCKET, PIEC---" Fleetwood continued to rant and pound the steering wheel and jam the accelerator. He was almost at the airfield but suddenly that rear bare rear tireless rim caught a pot hole and flipped the car into the air. and on to its roof. A very severely injured Fleetwood crawled out from under it's wreckage. He looked like for a lack of a better word "crap." His mane was disheveled, his face was cut up from broken glass and his suit was tattered, bloody and had scorch marks. Spike was the first one at the scene. He saw Fleet desperately limping towards a small Cessna 172.

"Fleetwood it's over."

"Oh, thank Celestia, I think I will take my chances and turn myself in now."

"It's too late."

"What in the hell are ya talkin about boy?" Fleetwood tries to laugh thinking that Spike has just told a rather unfunny joke.

"I think you have some friends that would like to speak to you." Spike steps aside to reveal that the mob had made it to the scene of the accident. The hippogriff in the group takes off his mask and stares into Fleetwood's eyes. Fleetwood notices that they are the same as his.

"Hey, dad..." The hippogriff hisses as he whips out a police night stick and brings it down on Fleetwood's front leg with enough force to shatter it. Fleetwood cries out in pain. He looks to the crowd who all unmask themselves.

"Air Dammit, you can't let them do this me, SPIKE!"

"Let who, do what to who?" Spike slowly walks out of the area and puts on his shades thinking of all the atrocities this one stallion has committed.

"Spike! SPIKE!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!" The desperate stallion screams out trying to save himself. His voice is silenced when the unicorn in the group turn his mouth into a zipper.

Spike turns his head slightly towards Mr. Brougham. "Just because I can't kill you, doesn't mean I have to save you. I think there s a saying that goes, ‘see no evil, hear no evil speak no evil' Good bye." Just as he walks towards his truck he sees the mob dragging the bloody and kicking body of Mr. Fleetwood D. Brougham.

He looks back at his friends and accesses the situation. Applebloom's wound had stopped bleeding and Wilcox was going through his wallet. "Let's get you to a doctor Applebloom and after that we'll all go get a beer and catch up. I'm buying the first round."


An hour and a trip to a local clinic later and the three were at a local bar that was a favorite of Wilcox.

"Spike I wanted to ask, but how do ya know this guy?"

"Well, Bloom. He married my buddy Chug's older sister, Debra and I just happened to be invited to the wedding."

"Anyway Wil, Speaking of Chug's, how's he doing? Still living with his parents?"

"Nah, he got a job working as a teacher at a high school in some town in the countryside near Canterlot named Ponyville. I hear the locals were nervous at first letting a diamond dog teach their kids, but they got over it." Wilcox took another swig from his beer. "Anyway Spike what brings you and your 'friend' out here? You a cop or something?"

"Kinda, I'm a private investigator hired by a wealthy philanthropist to work with the police. Now, what about you? Now that your boss is dead, what are you gonna do for work? I mean I can't imagine the wife will take this news well."

"I got another job set up, it's still under the Brougham name, but it just happens to be Eldorado, Fleetwood's old man. The guy who still technically owns the casino, so yeah I got a ob working for him as a mechanic at his Mopar dealership and I couldn't be happier. I hated working on GM pieces of crap." He looks out the window to see spike's Blazer parked out front. "No offense Spike."

"None, taken."

Applebloom grew bored of their conversation and ordered another Mojito. "Mmmm, so good and so minty."

"Anyway Spike? What time is it?" Wilcox asked nervously.

"It's about 4:30, why?"

"Oh, shit I'm late I promised Debra that I'd go to our daughter Lily's ballet recital and I smell like booze and peanuts, plus I left my car at work. I'm never gonna hear the end of this. See ya later...I hope." Wilcox says with a sense of dread as he trotted outside and hailed a cab.

Applebloom and Spike laughed at scene as Wil was so royally screwed.


Later that night Tac the hippogriff that just aided in murdering his bastard of a father. Tac was walking in the rain towards his motel when a limousine pulled up next to him. The window rolls down.

"Tachometer Ah'd like to have a word wit you boy? Asked what appears to be an old station in his late sixties.

"Whose asking?"

"Ah'd like to have a word wit you boy."

"No way grand pa, now take a hike."

"You have no idea how right you are." The old stallion muttered.

"Anyway I have a job opportunity that could get you out of this squalor and save your dear mother." With those last words he get Tac's attention.

"What about my mother? Who are you? How do you know who I am?"

"Step inside and out of the rain and we'll talk."

Wearily Tac agreed.

"Good, now as for who Ah am, mah name is Eldorado Brougham and yes Ah am to the father of that disappointment that is no longer with us. That makes you my grandson and trust when Ah say that you are one of many illegitimate heirs to the Brougham name. As for your mother, regardless on whether or not you accept my offer. Ah have already taken the liberty of moving your mother to Mount. Four Winds Medical Center, the finest hospital money can buy."

"But why, what's your angle." Tac ask still unsure of what to make of all this.

"I'm not a perfect Stallion, I've done a lot of bad in my younger years, but I hope as I get closer to the end of my life I can make up for it. Today, I picked you to help run my company out all your brothers and sisters, because you took initiative. You saw a problem and you tried to fix it. I know a father should never refer to his children as 'it' but I never meant for Fleetwood to become such an evil child that would but Nightmare Moon to shame. What you say, wanna give it a chance?"

"I guess I got nothing to lose."

The limo took off down the road was a grandfather had just reconnected with a long lost grandson and the same child whose life was complete crap was filled with hope.


This chapter was a pain to write and special thanks for use of the OC's: Fleetwood Brougham, Eldorado Brougham and Wilcox from user Fleetwood_Brougham..