• Published 5th Dec 2011
  • 1,903 Views, 45 Comments

Drago P.I - thewaffler



He's got a mustache, a fast car, and paradise packed with mystery and action.

  • ...
2
 45
 1,903

Meeting Hoity and taking a joy ride.

A/N: I got sidetracked by my other fics, school, and work. I promise I will update my fics more regularly. Also sorry for the short chapter.


The Manor was truly stunning. It was as its owner would put it, "SENSATIONAL." Despite my tiredness and jetlag I was excited to get back to work albeit this time as a Private Detective, but still it felt good to be working with the police again.

"Hoity Toity, I'd like to meet Miss Shore's newest employee Spike Drago and his assistant Applebloom Apple. I assume the necessary arrangements have been made" Quan called up to Hoity.

The silver maned stallion stopped what he was doing and grabbed a towel and sprinted towards us.

Just before we met out host Quan excused himself and got back into his patrol car and left the premises.

"I am to take it that you know what is expected of you Mr. Drago?" Hoity spoke in a very refined and proper accent. Something about this didn't gel with me.

"Yes, Sapphire asked me to act as her own private investigator but from what I seen so far I doubt my skills will truly come into much use, I mean this is paradise, right?"

"Let me tell you something Mr. Drago, my mistress Miss Shores puts on the facade of the Pony of Pop, but in reality she's a huge Philanthropist and is trying to better this world. You speak of this island chain like a true tourist. There is murder, drug trade and violent criminals like any other big city, it's just that the sunny and 'fun' atmosphere hides a lot of it." Hoity spoke in a serious and grim tone.

"Um...Yeah, anyway I noticed an 85' Ferrari 208 GTS Turbo." I said trying to lighten the mood.

"Yes, and?"

"Is it Stock?"

"Heavens no, the engine's had some work done on it."

"meaning?"

"If you must know, the heads have been shaved and bigger pistons have been put in to the stock turbo V8 and not mention it has an aftermarket transmission installed to keep up with the increased performance."

"Fast?"

"It'll get you where to need to go. Anyway enough small talk let me show you to your office and you two to your rooms. Mr. Drago before you ask the answer is no, you may not drive that car. "

"Damn it." I uttered under my breath before turning to my pink maned companion.

"Bloom, I know what he said back there was pretty deep and I understand if you want to go home. This line of work can be dangerous."

She simply shook her head.

"Ah ain't leavin Spike, I'm it for the long hull. Ah've seen enough detective films to know what to expect: murder, hoof fights, mystery and the hero even gets the girl." Applebloom blushed slightly as she mentioned that last part.

"I thought I'd give the chance to leave with no regrets"

Seeing as I could not dissuade her, 'Being stubborn must be a generic thing for her family,' we made our way into the main area of the manor following our host.


"This is your office Mr. Drago." he pointed to the adjacent doorway and we walked inside. There was a beautiful mahogany desk and the standard array of things you'd find in an office, a phone, a computer, a printer and a fax machine 'why is anyone's guess.' The room's lighting came from a window with venetian blinds. All in all it was magnificent room.

After walking up a flight of stairs he proceeded to show us to our living quarters. Applebloom was more than a little excited about her room. I could see why here bed was a queen sized canopy style bed and her bedroom furniture was made of solid white oak with brass fixtures. She ran inside the room and opened what she thought was a closet and yelled in pure bliss when she was wrong.

"MA OWN BATHROOM with...A WHIRLPOOL BATHTUB. HOLY HAY!!!"

Hoity and I crept out of the room to leave the mare to her euphoria. I was then showed my room and lfor the most part it was a exactly like Bloom's except for a door that had a set of stairs that lead to the first floor library.

I turned to Hoity.

"I think we got off on the wrong foot...I mean hoof. I may act immature, but i take my work very seriously. So, I'd like to put all that behind us, what do ya say?"

"Very well I suppose that if we shall be working together. It would be beneficial to not be enemies." With that I shook Hoity's Hoof and he walked away.

'Sucker' I thought to myself. 'What he won't realize is that he's missing a set of car keys from his pocket.' I headed out the door and decided to take the 208 for a spin.

I got inside, undid the removable hard top, and started the car and took off. Oh, Celestia does this thing feel just right. I gunned that engine and felt that lil' bastard rocket me down the road, shifting it's five speed manual transmission when the time was right. I loved listening to the whine of it's engine and the screeching of its tires, it was pure unadulterated pure bliss. I headed towards the mountains to see how well this baby could drift. This car hugged those corners like a glove, I knew this was not stock suspension and I could care less. Sadly I knew my joy ride would have to come to an end as the sun was setting and Hoity Toity whom by now would surely be my new enemy would realize the keys aren't there and neither is the car.

I got to the manor at around 6pm just as the princess was lowering her sun. Oddly enough I didn't face Hoity, because as I would learn in the morning he got a nasty case of food poisoning from a batch of cupcakes Apple Bloom had made while I was away. 'Thank Celestia I brought her along and that she never earned a cupcake making cutie mark.' I dropped the keys on the floor near the library and went to bed.