• Published 25th Oct 2017
  • 2,877 Views, 26 Comments

Spring Love - Nailah



Rainbow Dash has a crush on Soarin, she isn't willing to admit her feelings.

  • ...
9
 26
 2,877

Chapter 3: Confessions

Soarin would wait patiently for her to answer him after all he didn't plan on going anywhere in this weather, the rain was down pouring rain outside and they didn't have practice for a few days for the next big Wonderbolt performance. He did wonder though why she had been acting so unlike herself, this wasn't the Rainbow he knew and loved but he couldn't deny this awkward side of her was adorable.

“I..., began Rainbow Dash. Ugh! Why did this have to be so hard? She was no good at expressing herself with words,, she felt like that was more of Applejack's or Fluttershy's thing. She had always been the best one at showing just what she was capable of, but the only way to really show Soarin how she felt was to kiss him and she couldn't even believe she was actually considering just doing it right here in the Wonderbolts headquarters. No further discussion was necessary she looked right at him, as she took a deep breath and then leaned in so that their muzzles touched one anothers as she leaned in to hit his lips with her own in a deep and sensational kiss that he wasn't about to forget, she didn't even care anymore, she knew that she was crushing hard and that she might end up regretting this later but right now her emotions were winning and for once she didn't feel like she herself had to win at everything.

Soarin was a bit taken a back when Rainbow Dash just suddenly kissed him out of nowhere but he couldn't deny he liked it, even returned the kiss and wrapped his wings around her body to help keep her close to him.

Rainbow Dash felt her heart skip a beat when he actually returned the kiss, she wanted to squeal with joy but instead she just continued kissing him over and over again until she had to catch her breath as she blushed slightly looking right into Soarin's eyes.

“Well..so much for my plan.” began Rainbow Dash.

“Plan? What plan?” asked Soarin clearly confused but he did wonder what she was going on about.

“Eh, nothing you need to worry about.” replied Rainbow Dash. She wasn't sure if she should tell him she was crushing hard because she really didn't want to hurt his feelings if it was just a crush but if it was more than that...than maybe she'd say but certainly not now.

“Well okay but if you ever want to tell me just know I'm always willing to listen.” smiled Soarin softly, he looked right into her violet eyes as he couldn't help but want to tell her how he felt about her but right now he was the one that needed to listen. He could always tell her anytime. Soarin looked around noting they were the only ones here in the Wonderbolts quarters.

“Would you like to go out for supper? My treat.” offered Soarin.

“Sure, I'd love too.” replied Rainbow Dash. This was perfect just too perfect she would go with him on a date without people acting thinking it was a date and then maybe afterwards things would go back to normal, but she couldn't deny that she felt comforted by his embrace and he was truly an amazing kisser, it left her wanting more but she shook the thought out of her head.

“Alright then how does six o clock sound? I'll pick you up at your house alright?” he questioned towards her just to make sure it was all fine with her.

“Yeah sure, it'll be awesome. I'll see you then.” smiled Rainbow Dash as she took off into the sky and hurried home. She caught her breath as she looked right at Tank with a huge squeal of joy that she had been holding in this entire time. “Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh....I have a date with Soarin!” she landed on her bed back and wings first as she stared up at the ceiling, then came to the realization that the only dress she had was the one Rarity made for her for the Grand Galloping Gala. She hated dresses, they just so clashed with her style but she wanted to look nice but not too elegant and she knew that Rarity understood that and had even altered her dress for Cadence's wedding so that she could do her sonic rain boom without it affecting her flight. She was also really good at last minute orders, she had plenty of bits she could use for a dress but what if she overdressed? What if Soarin didn't dress up at all? Oh she just felt so lost, this was so hard to do on her own but she was determined to figure it out. Maybe she could just watch Rarity for a bit and maybe pick up a few tips here and there and make her own dress, yes now that was just the idea she needed!

She flew down to Ponyville and headed straight for Rarity's and just walked in to see Rarity scrambling too and for working on if she had to guess something for one of her celebrity clients.

“Hey Rainbow Dash, how can I help you today?” asked Rarity who was clearly trying not to panic but it wasn't working very well.

“Eh not much I just wanted to drop in and see what you were up too, but it's pretty clear you're busy, maybe I should just go.” offered Rainbow Dash trying her best to be courtesy but she really could use some tips for Rarity but what she needed and what a client wanted was two totally different things.

“Oh? Really, well then just give me a second to grab you a seat dear, you are perfectly welcome to stay awhile and chat. How goes the Wonderbolts? Is it everything you always dreamed of?” asked Rarity after all she knew how long it had taken for her to become a Wonderbolt and she was sure she had plenty of stories to share and she knew she wouldn't want to talk fashion, that wasn't really her style.

“Well it's been great! There's nothing better than the feeling of putting on my uniform and flying with them and knowing that everyday is a new challenge itself. But what about you? What are you working on?” asked Rainbow Dash curiously.

Rarity looked towards her as her eyes blinked a few times. Rainbow Dash was not one to ask about fashion or even care about what she was doing so the fact she asked, had her wondering if there might be a reason for her line of questioning and she knew Rainbow Dash wouldn't tell her outright but maybe if she could get her talking about the Wonderbolts more it might give her more details on why she had really come here to her shop today.

“Oh me? You know how it is, just the latest upgrades to the most famous celebrity Sapphire Shores.” explained Rarity. “But I want to hear more about you.” smiled Rarity batting her eyes in her usual over dramatic fashion she knew Rainbow loved talking about herself so if she cared more about what she was doing then something was up.

“The usual. Training went rather well and I feel like I'm really getting my feet wet with Spitfire.” replied Rainbow as she looked at the work Rarity was doing, she knew better than to seem obvious but she needed Rarity to focus on her work rather than her. “You know I'm perfectly fine with sitting here and watching ya know? You seemed a bit stressed you should probably focus on your work.”

“Oh yes dear I will but do tell me what can I do for you?” asked Rarity determined to get an answer out of her.

Rainbow Dash stumbled and stuttered and just didn't know what to say or do. Rainbow Dash should have known Rarity would be persistent. She just sighed she hated that this was so hard but she couldn't deny she needed her help. “I well...I need a dress for tonight and all I have is what you made me for Cadence's wedding and the one from the Gala.”

“A dress? Why Rainbow of course I can make you a dress but you know having it done by tonight might be pushing it a bit what time do you need it by?” questioned Rariy.

“Six pm.” admitted Rainbow Dash, knowing it was already past noon and she knew Rarity had a timeline in which she would have to get her client's thing done. Rarity had this big eyed look on her face as she tried to figure out what to do and how best to approach it.

“It has to be by six? Do you have a date?” asked Rarity all excited. She couldn't believe it, but now she was dying to know more. “Come on you can tell me.”

“No it's not a date, Soarin offered to treat me to supper and I want to look nice ya know?” replied Rainbow Dash she knew it wasn't a lie so there was no reason for Rarity to suspect them to be dating but she couldn't help remembering their intimate kiss and blushing slightly.

“Aww Rainbow are you crushing?” questioned Rarity. It figured she would pick up on it she was really into the whole romance thing and her history wasn't very good in her choice of stallions.

“Um....no?” she attempted to lie but she knew Rarity didn't believe it so she just shook her head up and down. “Yeah but don't tell anyone I'm trying to keep it a secret, can you help me out please? I thought about just watching you and making a dress myself.” began Rainbow but Rarity stopped her in midst sentence.

“No my dear, you need my professional skills, I will make you a dress that will make Soarin see more than just your amazing flying skills.” smirked Rarity with a wink.

Rainbow Dash just shook her shoulders and decided to let Rarity go crazy, after all what was the worst that could happen? Like she said it wasn't like it was actually a date so she had no reason to be nervous. It was just a normal supper with one of her fellow wonderbolts. She thought about Soarin while she watched Rarity dash back and forth gathering supplies for her dress as she had paused on what she had been working on and was now working on her dress and she knew that Rarity would still get everything done on time, after all Rarity was always really good at making deadlines. Rainbow Dash tried to sit calmly in her seat and wait until it was done but this was really boring to watch.

Author's Note:

Hey every pony I feel like it's been forever since I updated this fanfiction but it's only been almost a month now because of me being busy with work and NANO but here it is Chapter 3 of Spring Love. I hope you are enjoy this story, And to all my followers Chapter 3 of A Derpy Princess is next on my to do list. <3