• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 1,682 Views, 18 Comments

Juggernaut - Captain Flea609



When Equestria is in a state of turmoil, Rainbow Dash slowly discovers that she's not who she thinks she is and is plunged into an adventure that will change her life forever as well as question the very virtue she represents, Loyalty.

  • ...
4
 18
 1,682

Chapter 3: The Speed of a Rainbow

Rainbow Dash sat on a small cloud watching her world change before her. Nothing would be the same anymore. It didn't even feel close. She knew from this day forward she would have to adjust to the major changes that Luna put forth. She never wanted to be more alone in her life. She looked as the sun began to rise again. She guessed Luna would have to control both day and night now. She half expected her to keep the moon up for eternity. All these changes, all this stress, was making her more on edge. She wanted to do something to take her mind off of all of this. So she would do the one thing she was best at. Flying.

She took off from the cloud and started what was slow for her as she cruised at about her usual speed of 300 miles per hour. It was good to feel the wind rush through her mane and beat at her face. She kicked it up a notch with some simple barrel roles and loops. She sped up a bit. Feeling the Adrenaline coursing through her veins and it only made her wanna go faster, do more flips, twists, and rolls.

As the adrenaline pumped through her, without even thinking or even aware of what she was doing, she climbed at a straight angle into the sky.

When she pierced through the thick cloud layer she let her momentum drift away and let gravity take affect as in mid-air she gracefully pulled off some kind of stunt where she did a twist and a back flip at the same time. Then she let herself fall through the clouds again opening her wings and blasting off at blinding speed with a rainbow in her wake.

"Whoa! How did I do that?! That was awesome!"

She had never felt more alive. She didn't even know where she was flying anymore, but she didn't even care. She didn't even look at the ground. She was only focused on the steep mountains she was about to fly by. The way the mountains were positioned got Rainbow Dash curious. If she flew low enough she could fly right threw them as if it were a some narrow and dangerous canyon. They certainly did look dangerous too. If she wasn't careful she could cause a huge rock avalanche and the narrow passage could cave in on top of her.

All the more reason to fly into it. Again she didn't even think her mind was blank. She was only focused on flying. Extremely focused in fact. More focused than any other time in her life. A smirk came across her face and she chuckled.

"Let's do this!"

She banked left and dove straight on a course through the mountains. She sped up to subsonic speeds. Almost enough for a sonic rainboom. She narrowed her rose red eyes.

She rolled as she entered between the mountains. Almost instantly as if it were timed just for this occasion, the mountain walls began to shutter due to the speeding rainbow pegasus that was bulleting through the unstable mountains. She didn't even wince, didn't even care. She was just focused on what was ahead of her.

She saw something in her peripheral vision. She didn't look cause she knew it was a boulder that came tumbling down and fell right beside her. Soon enough more began to follow. It turned into chaos in the course of seconds. She knew what she was doing....sort of. She started an avalanche. Rocks and boulders fell from out of no where. Smashing into the mountain side breaking into smaller, more deadly chunks. As the rain of hellish rocks picked up she, began to dodge them swiftly and with perfect grace. No matter how many were falling she always seemed to know where each rock would hit and how to avoid it.

She gritted her teeth in a smile and began acting more like it was a game, performing flips, twists, and rolls over, under and around falling boulders. She found it extremely fun. The adrenaline that had her pumped seemed to be was making her want to go even bigger. She began to kick off the side of the mountain to avoid boulders and fragments, even kicking off the boulders themselves. She didn't know how she was pulling this off and again she didn't care. She just wanted to keep flying. Forever!

Oh my god why isn't anyone watching me?! This is the best flight I had in my life!

A giant boulder was going to fall right in front of her and there was no room for her to dodge it. So she was going to try the only other way there was besides over, under, or around. Go through it. It was like she had no control of herself for the few seconds as she flew straight into the huge beast of a rock. She felt her head connect and then the boulder scatter into bits as she punched right through it.

"WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!" She screamed as loud as she could. She had never enjoyed herself more.

As she continued, on her path she saw up ahead that there was a dead end. When she neared the end she shot up straight out between the mountains escaping the avalanche that caved in that that part of the mountains.

She put her hooves on the ground and sprinted up on to the highest peak of the mountain and finally she stopped herself as it took nearly all her will power to do so.

She panted heavily, her heart raced and her blood pumped through her. She didn't want to stop. When she was flying she felt as if she were unstoppable. She felt stronger, more alert and more focused than ever before and she didn't want this feeling to end.

She looked out at the land that stretched out before her and didn't take the time to admire the beautiful scenery. She peeked over the edge and smiled at how high she was in altitude. A crazy yet, in her case, awesome idea popped into her head. Again she didn't take any time to think about what she was doing.

She stood on her hind legs on the edge of the peek that seemed to look more like a cliff and held her arms straight out and folded her wings. She closed her eyes and let herself gracefully fall. Diving down the side of the cliff, letting the wind rush past her face and the cooling and pounding breeze made her feel like, just for a moment, she was in paradise.

When she was at an altitude of one-hundred feet off of the ground she opened her wings and dashed off at full speed. She was gaining speed and she wanted to keep going faster. She wanted the g-force, the wind rushing dynamically through her wings. She continued to speed up. She felt it. There was no stopping now. She was about to perform a sonic rainboom and sure enough the loud thunder clap made her ears ring as a blast of rainbow colors spread across the sky in a beautiful and dazzling explosion of color.

She screamed in joy again, but it wasn't over she wanted to go faster. She wasn't sure if she could, but she was about to find out. She felt herself speed up and the g-force was letting her have it, but she continued to speed up. For the first time ever she wanted to look down at the ground, but she was going so fast she could move her head, but the feeling was different. It wasn't the g-force, she felt like she literally had no control over her body. She wanted to slow down but, she couldn't, she could only go faster. And faster and faster.

She wasn't sure how fast she was going. All she could see was a blur. The world around her was a blur and everything was losing it's color. Her vision began to narrow.

She mustered up all her will power in an attempt to stop herself, but the more she tried the more her head would jabb at her with pain. A second and louder explosion sent her rocketing forward even faster and this time it began to hurt her. She felt like her flesh was being torn from her body. She tried to ignore the pain and in one desperate and final attempt to stop herself, she aimed herself down at the Everfree forest. Before she even realized she succeeded her vision cut to black as she impacted on the forest floor. Knocking down trees as she skidded and rolled through what seemed like kilometers before she finally slid to a bloody and gory halt near a large tree.

She regained consciousness for a few seconds and saw her body twisted and mangled in all directions that weren't correct. She lay in a smoldering crater in a pool of her blood as she passed out once again.

*************************************

LATER ON IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT IN CANTERLOT

Princess Meamorey Candenza or preferably known as Cadence, crept out of the bed she shared with her husband Shining armor. She looked at the clock in the room. It was 1:30. They would arrive any second now. She should she say just "she." After she successfully sneaked out of their bedroom, Luna forbid if she if her husband were to find out what she was doing, she went down stairs and waited.

It wasn't that long of a wait because soon enough she heard the sound of an owl which was the signal that she was here. Cadence quietly opened the front door, still worried that her husband will hear her. A pegasus with a hooded cloak stood at the door. She took off the hood to reveal her face. The first thing that caught Cadence's attention was the pegasus's extremely bright golden eyes. She was pitch black with a purple mane.

Cadence let out a sigh in relief."Thank you for coming Shroud."

She invited the intimidating looking assassin inside. Cadence couldn't even hear her hoof steps as she entered.
Cadence shut the door quietly.

"Do you have it?" The assassin asked. Her voice seemed naturally quiet.

"Yes just wait here for a moment."

The Princess slowly and cautiously went into the kitchen and with her magical grasp, she opened one of the cupboards. She carefully moved around what all was inside to reveal a secret compartment in the back that only her magic could open. As she opened it, it revealed a large manila folder stamped Top Secret. She pulled out the folder and stopped. She sighed and shook her head.

Should I really do this? This was my original task in the first place, but can I really betray my husband like this. I was simply suppose to marry him so that I could spy for the Enlightenment, but at times I almost seemed to forget who I really am when I'm with Shining Armor. It was at times before the wedding I would simply fake my love for him, after the wedding I saw the pony he really is. His love for me is strong and he thinks mine is the same. Can I really just......throw that aside just because my stupid step-father wants me to spy for him? I...I don't know if I can do this because....I love Shining Armor. Goddammit! It's too late now. Might as well get it over with so I can drown in my regret.

Finally, she mustered up the strength to walk out of the kitchen and presented the folder to Shroud. She read over and when she liked what she was reading Shroud gave a tiny Smirk.

"You would not believe the amount of trouble it took me to get that." Cadence said.

"My god Cadence, this is a lot! Training programs, ranking system, future and present projects in development?!" Shroud's eyes widened.

Cadence began to slightly lower her head. She could already feel the hurtful regret.

Look on the bright side. At least your step father or as he likes to call himself, "The great Leader of The Enlightenment" won't be wanting more intel from me for a while.

Shroud set the folder down and with a smile rested her hoof on Cadence's shoulder.

"I'm really proud of you sister and I'm sure our step-father will be too."

If she was trying to comfort her, it wasn't working. It only made feel more regret.

"I shall get this to him right away." Shroud said moving to the door.

Just as Cadence was about to walk up-stairs her sister called out to her.

"Cadence."

She turned to face her.

"Just remember where your loyalty is held" She slipped the hood back on and shut the door.

Great, she just gave me something even more to feel guilty about.

As she crept back up into the bedroom and opened the door she was still satisfied see her husband was still sound asleep.
Unknowing of what just happened. He looked so peaceful in his sleep. He still acted as if he were still cuddling with his wife. The wife that he loved so much and he was completely unaware that the his beloved wife had just back stabbed him. She didn't want to do this. It didn't seem fair.

She slowly crept back into bed with him and then cuddled him gently her eyes began to tear.

"I'm so sorry. I love you."

She fought the erg to cry the rest of the night.

******************************************************

Author's Note:

Just to clarify something about the last part. This was written WAY before season 3 so no, the setting with Cadence is not in the Crystal Empire.