• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 1,680 Views, 18 Comments

Juggernaut - Captain Flea609



When Equestria is in a state of turmoil, Rainbow Dash slowly discovers that she's not who she thinks she is and is plunged into an adventure that will change her life forever as well as question the very virtue she represents, Loyalty.

  • ...
4
 18
 1,680

Chapter 4: Pain and suffering

Feeling slowly came back to Rainbow Dash as she attempted to open her eyes. Her eyelids felt like the they were fifty pound weights and it wasn't just her head that hurt this time, it was her whole entire body that hurt. Every single muscle felt like it was on fire. Every move that she attempted to make seemed to be pounding into her most sensitive pain receptors. She finally managed to open her eyes and the light of the hospital room blinded her. She tried to sit up, but pain shot through her spine and wings. She instantly flopped her head back on the hospital bed pillow. Well at least she knew where she was. Although she couldn't remember what had happened. Her thoughts were interrupted when the door to her room opened only to reveal a very awed doctor.

"Oh my god..." He muttered. He rushed quickly to her bedside. "I didn't expect you to wake up already."

Rainbow Dash attempted to speak, "Wha....what h-happened to me?" She croaked.

The doctor was examining her with a shocked look on his face.

"Well... we found you laying at the door step of the lobby entrance. You were pretty banged up. Broken bones, lacerations, cuts, and bruises but now......" He paused as he began lifting one of Rainbow's hooves to examine her and she quickly yanked it back from him due to the fact that it still hurt for him to touch it.

"You seemed to have healed rather quickly... in fact at an alarming rate. Your cuts have fully healed, your bruises are gone and your limbs are not as disfigured and contorted as they were before." He continued.

Yeah, thanks for giving me a mental image of that.

"But it still hurts." Rainbow Dash mumbled weakly. The doctor was still examining her to the point where it made Rainbow Dash uncomfortable. It was like he'd just seen the most amazing thing in his life.

"I bet it still hurts. What were you even doing that caused your horrible wounds." The doctor was finally looking into her eyes.

Rainbow Dash tried to remember, but the pain was making it harder for her to think. Then, she had the feeling that her flesh was being torn away when she was going.....

....well she didn't know fast she was going, but just the memory and the thought of that sent chills down her spine. It had been the worst pain she had felt in her whole life and ironically it was during one of the best flights of her life. She hated the universe. She felt as if something was preventing her from ever enjoying herself and was just filling her life everlasting misery. The strangest thing she had remembered was that after the sonic-rainboom she lost all control of her body. It felt as if she were witnessing a dream in third person unable to do anything, but simply watch and feel every ounce of pain. Part of her wanted to tell the doctor about that, but another part thought she should keep it to herself.

"I...I was flying.....really fast." It was still difficult for her to speak. The doctor solemnly nodded as if to comfort her, but she could tell by the look in his eyes that he wanted to know more.

"How fast would you say you were going?"

It wasn't that Rainbow Dash didn't want to answer the question it's just that she literally didn't know how fast she was going. The only thing she knew was that she went faster than her sonic-rainboom in fact she remembered a second explosion that rocketed her faster and she couldn't see what was in front of her. All she remembered was that her vision was narrowing and that everything looked like a blur.

"I'm not sure how f-fast I was going." She sounded so pathetic. It made her want to punch herself. She felt angry now but did not have a single clue as to why. It didn't matter anyway, she couldn't express it due to the fact that she was in too much pain. She just felt so weak and pathetic that it caused her to be deeply angered at herself. To add insult what made her even more angry was due to the fact that she could not express it or dish it out on something.

"Hmmm..." The doctor put his hoof to his chin. "I do recall hearing two distinct explosions yesterday...I'm going to have to assume that was you and I heard from around town that they did not only hear it, but witnessed it. My wife saw a sonic-rainboom yesterday and she said it was the prettiest thing she had ever seen in the sky."

Rainbow Dash took that as a compliment, but she still felt extremely angry.

"But then there was another explosion. She told me it wasn't another rainboom though. This one looked like a nuclear explosion. All she saw was a flash of light and then a fiery comet heading over the Everfree forest before quickly dropping into the forest. Was that you?" The doctor now had a stern look on his face. Like he knew Rainbow Dash was in trouble or something.

Rainbow Dash slowly nodded a reply.

"Well just what the hell were you trying to do!? The news this morning said that a comet-like object burned down a fourth of the entire Everfree Forest."

"I DID WHAT?!" Her voice cracked so much that she wasn't sure the doctor would understand her.

"Don't worry you're not in any trouble with anyone, but I just wanted to let you know that you're extremely lucky to be alive. That crash should have killed you on impact." The doctor assured.

Rainbow Dash wasn't sure how to react to what she had just been told. She had just been told she had just scorched away a fourth of one of most thickest forests in Equestria! On top of that she had been lucky enough to survive something that should have killed any other pony. Part of her considered herself a badass, but that was just her egotism speaking and another part of her was telling herself that the universe was just screwing with her because now she had even more pain to deal with. Another ironic fact was that she remembered asking herself when she was flying "Why isn't anyone watching?" well it turns out she made it on the newspaper. You have to love sweet irony.

"Well I'm going to step out for a bit, let you get some more rest. You definitely need it" The doctor then turned for the door. "And don't worry at the rate you're healing you should be out of here in the next day or so." The door shut behind him.

Alone......... again. The feeling was way too familiar now. She didn't want to be alone anymore. She wanted to see her friends. Something new and interesting always seems to happen when she hangs with them and the last time she saw them was when she made a bitchy remark to them and then ditched them. If she couldn't think straight then or get any sleep there was no way she could now. Not only did her head hurt, but her entire body seemed to hurt. Just non-stop pain. She could feel a small wave of pain every time her heart beat, almost as if her heart and the pain seemed to be working together to make her feel as miserable as possible. It sucked because the one time she did not feel miserable something had to screw it up and make her end up in the hospital. To top it all off she was in more pain than she had been in before. This was the universe laughing at her and playing with her to feed its crude amusement and the thought of it made her more angry, but still she was in too much pain to express it. She sighed and gave up.

You know what, buck it. I don't even care anymore. When I get out of here I'm going to do whatever it takes to live my normal life. Also.. I think I'll keep my Hooves on the ground for a while.

And so she continued to stare at one particular part of the ceiling until something happened.

*********************************

Journal Entry # 600

I just witnessed two great explosions in the sky. One of which created a series of colors that looked dazzling. A rainbow trailed in the wake of a fast moving object in the sky moving at break-neck speeds. Then a second explosion caught my attention. Instead of it giving it off a mood of wonder and beauty this one gave off the mood of destruction and chaos. It started as a flash of light then a large comet soared through the sky. The sight of it was all too familiar. As it rocketed over the Everfree forest the trees beneath the comet were scorched mercilessly as it left a path of doom and destruction. It is a shame that it eventually crashed into the forest itself. That cursed forest deserves to be burned as does the rest of this wretched nation that my cousin 'Tia had called a "Stable and sufficient government" and although it may have seemed that way, what really irked me was the fact that she never made........... advancements. She just stuck to the old clicks if you know what I mean. What's the point of ruling a civilization if you don't expand, create, and conquer. At least she should have made an attempt at advancing civilization, although not how I would have done it and from what I have seen from what Cadence recovered, the new plans for Luna's armed forces seem........ interesting. I had flipped through the manila folder and what caught my eye was one particular project that was labeled "Top Secret". Who else, but dear sweet Luna would dub it Project Moonlight. I looked at the list of candidates for this project. Most of which were from the group that called themselves the Wonderbolts. I took the time to look at each one of their background information carefully. Including psychological and physical profiles. I was thankful on how detailed they were. It wasn't until I examined the last candidate that I stopped and simply examined the picture of a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane and rose red eyes. Something about the facial features looked all too familiar. I cursed myself until I remembered. When I read this "Rainbow Dash's" Psychological profile, what caught my attention was the simple information. Her birth place was marked unknown and her parents information was also marked unknown. In fact a lot of her background information was left unknown. Assumptions swam through my head, but I swore to myself I wouldn't get too hasty. I must find more information on this Rainbow Dash she might just be what I have been looking for this whole time. Perhaps I won't need to find my son after all.

*********************************

Rainbow Dash was dimly aware she was dreaming. Actually because of how tired she was from running for reasons she couldn't remember, it felt all too real for her. All she knew was that if she stopped she would be dead. She wanted to chance a risk of stopping to look if whatever was chasing was indeed chasing her, but she was too scared to.

Finally she mustered up the strength to stop and look behind her. Nothing. Good, she could catch her breath finally. It took her a while to recognize her surroundings probably because she had no surroundings. All that was there was darkness. An abyss of eternal nothingness. The only things she heard was distant whispers that seemed to fade away the more she tried to figure out what they were saying. It seemed to get colder. She could see her breath and a thick fog enveloped her. She felt extremely uncomfortable, it felt like something was trying to tickle her. More whispers that grew louder and some she could actually understand.

"Kill them." She heard one them say. For some reason, that whisper gave her a severe urge of violence for a brief second.

"Hello?" Rainbow Dash called out. Her voice seemed to echo for miles.

A chorus of unusual and strange whispers answered. She felt a presence behind and quickly spun to see, but all she saw was, for a fraction of a second, a shadow. She couldn't make out the shape of it. It moved to fast. She could feel the presence in the fog around her. Stalking her. More whispers came.

"You don't know." One whisper called out to her.

"Don't know what?!" Rainbow Dash called back.

It took a while for the whisper to answer this time, "Who you are."

The whisper sounded awfully familiar now. It began to sound like a younger version of herself.

"What are you talking about I know who I am. I'm Rainbow Dash."

A trio of laughter followed that broke the silence and pounded her ear drums. The laughter was followed by a loud screech that made her ears bleed and made her eyes tear. Without warning, she began to feel the excruciating pain she had felt when she was flying. The screeching wouldn't stop nor would the pain. She screamed until her lungs wouldn't produce enough air for her to scream from. She fell to the ground breaking into a seizure of bloody screams and cries of agony. All she could possibly do was cry and out and beg for it to stop, but it never did. It continued which caused her vision to begin narrowing and fading. When she was about to lose consciousness, it had stopped. The screeching and the intense pain that made her feel like her flesh and her insides were being torn apart slowly, but viciously had finally stopped. She curled up and began to cry. She never wanted to be tortured like that again, but a paranoid thought in her mind that seemed to be driving her to the brink of her sanity told her that it would happen.

She began to whisper to herself as she began to shake uncontrollably, "Ple.....please n-n-no more. Please just make it stop. Please don't do that again."

As if the whispers had heard her and her thoughts it simply replied as if Rainbow Dash's suffering was a source of entertainment for it. Causing it to reply with a sadistic tone that sent a chill down her spine," You're going to bleed."

The pain and the screeching continued only this time it was worse. She couldn't even hear her agonizing screams of bloody murder as the screeching seemed to get louder and of an even higher pitch. All she could do was pray that she would finally die.

"PLEASE JUST LET ME DIE! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP! KILL MEEEEEE!"

The agony would not stop no matter how much she begged, screamed, or squirmed. It just continued mercilessly. Her cries meant nothing to whatever was harming her it only seemed to enjoy it the more she screamed and cried for mercy. Finally, once again it had stopped. She balled up and cried and shook uncontrollably.

The presence she had felt once before felt closer. Closer than ever before. She looked up into the fog to see a shadowy figure looming in the darkness. It seemed familiar. The look and the shape. An echoing whisper seemed to get louder and louder until finally the shadow lunged at her at speeds she couldn't comprehend. It screamed in agony as if it were a repeat of Rainbow Dash's own screams and then almost louder than the screeches it screamed.

"LET ME OUT!"



Rainbow Dash found herself screaming as she awoke from her hospital bed. The sheets were no longer on the bed and she had never felt more disturbed in her life. She wrapped her forelegs around her chest and began to cry remembering the traumatic nightmare she had just experienced. Her pillow was becoming soaked with her tears and she found herself whispering gibberish to herself.

She never wanted to fall asleep again during the remaining of the seemingly endless night to regain her sanity.

*******************************************

Just to clarify something, yes Luna is technically The great leader's cousin and he was indeed in love with her (and probably still is) This is just to promote the fact of how screwed up in the head this guy is. By the way I would like to thank my friend Bulltrup for editing this chapter. Also the theme of this chapter refers to a song by Linkin Park. (Hint: its from the one of the following albums: Meteora, Hybrid Theory, or Living Things) Leave a comment if you know which song it is.