• Published 20th Oct 2017
  • 14,324 Views, 157 Comments

Equestria Ninja Girls Rainboom and Crystal Ninjas - Wildcard25



The Rainbooms are back in New York to help their friends the Turtles take on old threats and new threats, but this time with the help of old rivals and an old friend.

  • ...
8
 157
 14,324

Bandit Raccoon

One afternoon in the city, the turtles were getting in some training exercise on one of the building rooftops. Raph sighed, "Why are we doing training on the surface instead of the dojo?"

"Because it's a nice day, Raph, and we could use some fresh air." Leo answered.

"Yeah. It'll help us focus more." Donnie added.

"Plus it gives us a better view of the city in case something were to happen." Mikey nudged him.

"I guess so." Raph admitted.

"Besides the girls will be by soon, so we should get our own training out of the way." Leo added.

"Whoo-hoo!" a voice cheered.

The turtles ceased their training, and curiously followed the cheering sound. They looked over and saw on another part of the roof they were on was a mutant raccoon boy about the same height and age as Mondo Gecko. His choice of clothing included army camouflage shorts, a black basketball tank top with the initials NYC and a basketball on it, around his neck was a necklace with a basketball charm, and tied around his head was a red headband.

The mutant was dribbling a basketball around like a professional before shooting it into a makeshift hoop, "Score!" he cheered.

"Dudes, another mutant.' Mikey said with excitement.

"Who is he?" Leo asked.

"Never seen him before." Donnie answered.

"Let's go someplace else before he sees us." Raph suggested.

"So what if he does? We're all mutants." Mikey replied.

"And most mutants want to kill us." Raph reminded him.

"That's because most mutants were born jerks. He doesn't look violent." Mikey said, before he went closer.

"Mikey!" his bros called.

"Hey, Raccoon dude, want someone to play you?" Mikey offered.

The raccoon mutant spun around and gasped, "Whoa! A turtle mutant?"

"That's right. And not just me." Mikey answered, as the rest of the turtles dropped in. Raph smacked Mikey on the back of his head for being impulsive. The raccoon mutant saw that and didn't like it.

"Have you guys been watching me?" he inquired.

"We didn't know anyone else was up here." Leo replied.

"Sorry if we intruded." Donnie added.

"Hey, no prob. I don't usually have an audience to my own mutant b-ball game." he said.

"Name's Mikey. These are my bros Leo, Donnie, and Raph," the fun turtle introduced them, "What about you?"

"I'm Bandit Raccoon." he replied.

"Bandit?" Raph asked.

"Yeah, I mean I used to be Link Chadler until I mutated into this. So I felt it called for a new identity."

"And you went with the name 'Bandit'?" Leo asked.

"Of course. I mean raccoons wear masks like robbers." he motioned to his face.

"So how did you become a raccoon mutant?" Donnie wondered, as the turtles listened.

Bandit began reminiscing, "It all started a year or so ago. I was up on the roof of my apartment one night feeding my pet raccoon Dennis. Then this strange container of ooze fell out of the sky and covered me. My whole body felt like it was on fire and the next thing I knew I was covered in fur from head to toe, and this tail sticking out of my butt. I knew I couldn't stay at home like this so I ran away and been on my own ever since."

"Dude, that's a bummer." Mikey said with sympathy.

"Yeah. And I had big plans in my future."

"What sort of plans?" Leo inquired.

"I was planning to go to the NBA and be a professional Basketball player. But they don't let mutants into the league."

"Well, you do have some good moves there." Mikey said.

"Thanks. Hey, you guys wanna play some three on three?" Bandit offered.

"Can't. We got training to do." Raph answered.

"Come on, bros. Since when do we get the chance to play B-ball with a pro?" Mikey asked, "I'll play ya bro."

"Great." Bandit said, as the bros sighed knowing there was no arguing now.


So they watched as Mikey and Bandit played some one on one with bandit dribbling circles around Mikey. Leo and Donnie watched feeling impressed, "He's definitely fast and flexible." Leo said.

"It's like he's a step ahead of his opponent." Donnie noted.

"More like showing off." Raph said, while crossing his arms.

Bandit dribbled the ball around Mikey before making the basket, "And that's game!" he cheered.

"Dude, how did you get so fast?" Mikey asked in disbelief.

"Lots of practice, and having raccoon reflexes combined with my own b-ball moves helps." Bandit explained.

"Hey, guys!" Came Sunset Shimmer's voice, as she the girls, Fugitoid, April, and Casey arrived.

"We're here and ready to start some more training." Starlight began.

"Or find some crime to bust up." Indigo added.

"Sure thing, girls. But first we got a new friend for you to meet." Mikey began, as Bandit stepped forward.

"Aw, who's this sweet little guy?" Fluttershy cooed.

"Bandit Raccoon, at your service." he introduced himself.

"He's actually kinda cute." Juniper admitted.

"Well-well-well," Bandit said, while looking back at the turtles, "Why didn't you guys tell me you knew such gorgeous friends?"

The girls couldn't help but giggle at his smooth talking. Bandit noticed Fugitoid, "Whoa, are you are real robot?"

"Cyborg actually." Fugitoid corrected.

"Come on let's go back to the lair." Mikey said, "Wanna come, Bandit?"

"Really?" he asked in joy.

"What?" Raph asked in shock, "Mikey, we don't bring strangers to the lair."

"What are you just gonna get in on my case because of when I suggested we bring Leatherhead back with us?" Mikey got in his face.

"Yeah. And look how that turned out!" Raph growled.

"Enough you two!" Leo broke them up. Raph just huffed, as they headed out with the others following them.

Mikey spoke to Bandit, "Sorry you had to see that. Raph gets like this a lot."

"I see." Bandit replied, as they continued on, while unaware they were being watched by someone in the shadows who was purring.


Soon enough at the turtles lair, the group was doing some stretched in the living room, while Bandit was getting to know more about all the girls and their adventures. Even they were listening to some of Bandits own stories, "No way!" Casey laughed, "You stole Elken High's armadillo mascot before the big game?"

"Yeah. Stealing him really put the team in a panic thinking they had no chance to win. Then when I presented it during the game boy were they mad." Bandit laughed.

"Classic." Mikey chuckled.

"So you stole something from a school?" Raph asked suspiciously.

"Raph, that's what a lot of schools do to their rivals. It's a harmless prank." Casey said.

"Yeah. We at CHS have done it before with other schools for a few laughs." Rainbow added. Raph rolled his eyes and returned to playing with Chompy.

"Those were good days, but since my mutation I had to drop out." Bandit sighed, while holding onto his basket ball.

"Where've you been since then?" Sunset asked.

"I made a home for myself in New York's scrapyard."

"The scrapyard?" Rarity gasped.

"It's not the Hilton, but it is home."

"How did you survive?" Sunny asked.

"It wasn't easy since I sometimes had to dumpster dive a lot or use what money I could find." he explained.

"We know how that can feel." Leo admitted.

"And when the Kraang invaded the city I had to retreat underground and hide out until everything blew over."

"We all had to hide out when that happened." Donnie said.

"And yet you guys managed to save this city if not the world from all those threats." Bandit noted.

"Well, we had help." Leo smiled at Twilight and the girls who returned the gesture.

Bandit got up and headed to the kitchen. He opened the freezer and saw Ice Cream Kitty, "Meow!"

"Whoa!" Bandit backed away, "What the..."

Juniper walked in, "Don't worry, I had the same reaction when I saw her too." she stood by the freezer as Ice Cream Kitty gave her two popsicles. She closed the freezer and offered one to the raccoon.

"Thanks." he said, as they ate them.

"I can't imagine how it must've been leaving behind your family and friends." Juniper began.

"Yeah. I didn't wanna do it, but there's no way they'd accept me this way."

"True. People respond negatively to stuff they can't explain or are different from them." Juniper agreed.

"And it doesn't help since this city has so many mutant attacks, they can't tell which mutant is bad or good." Bandit said.

"Well, I know you're good. And so does everyone else here."

"Really?" he asked, "Because I'm not getting that feeling from Raph."

"Ignore him. He just has a lot of issues."

The two smiled, until Mikey popped in, "Come on, guys. Leo wants us in the dojo for some training. Feel free to join us Bandit."

"Ok." He said, as the two headed for the dojo.


In the dojo, several of the girls were training with the turtles while others were watching. Bandit was amazed at the girls performance. Feeling inspired he got up and spoke, "Hey I want in on this action too."

"Bandit, we're trained ninjas and it might not be fair to you." Leo warned him.

"Don't worry. I may not be a ninja, but my own skills have kept me alive so far."

"Stilll..." Leo trailed off until Raph spoke up.

"Let him, Leo. In fact I'll be his opponent." he smirked.

"You, Raph?" Starlight asked, having a bad feeling about it.

"Yeah. He wants to fight with the ninja. We'll show him what it's like." he answered.

"His words scare me." Juniper told Sugarcoat.

"That's because he has ulterior motives than just teaching." she replied.

Raph and Bandit stood opposite ends looking ready to fight, "Go!" Leo called, as the two engaged.

Raph was using his ninja training to fight Bandit, while the raccoon mutant relied on his quick reflexes and basketball skills to avoid Raph, "Can't dodge forever, Bandit. Sooner or later you have to fight." Raph warned him, as they fought.

"I know. I'm just waiting for the right opening. Like now!" Bandit slipped under Raph's legs and climbed up his shell while perching on his head.

Raph growled, as he tried punching his opponent only to punch himself. Bandit landed on the floor, as Raph continued to try and attack, but Bandit was proving to be too slippery for him to grab. Getting angrier from being showed up, Raph started fighting more aggressive, which Leo spotted. When Bandit tried to dodge an attack, Raph tackled him and started twisting his leg, much to everyone's shock, "Hey!" Lemon shouted.

"Raph!" April called.

"What's he doing?" Starlight gasped.

So Raph and Bandit started fighting dirty, with Raph constantly slamming Bandit on the floor, until Leo shoved him away, "Raph, what is wrong with you?!"

"Come on, Leo. Don't butt into our match." Raph answered.

"This is supposed to be a spar, and you're fighting him like he was our enemy." Leo scolded him.

"And he's not even trained in ninjitsu like you are. So how can you call that a fair fight?" Twilight asked.

"So once again I have to be the bad guy?" Raph asked getting angry.

"No one says you have to be, because you make yourself out to be it." Applejack noted.

Bandit got up and spoke in shock, "Are you threatened by me?"

"No! I don't feel threatened." Raph denied.

"Then why have you been giving me so much grief since we first met?" he asked.

"Maybe it's because the fact your name is Bandit and you've stolen stuff!" Raph snapped.

"So you think because of my name and because I stole a mascot and costume or two from rival schools as a prank makes me some kind of criminal?"

"Gotta start with small heists." Raph replied.

Bandit was frowning at Raph's hostile attitude and spoke, "If this is your attitude to anybody new or different from you I'm surprised your brothers didn't cut you loose from their team years ago!"

The bros and girls gasped at what Bandit said, while Raph stared at him with wide eyes, before screaming, "THAT'S IT!" Raph tackled Bandit to the ground and the two began fighting like children.

"Raph!" Leo shouted.

"Bandit!" Juniper gasped.

As the two rolled across the floor and fought, Bandit bit Raph's arm, "OUCH!" he shouted, before elbowing Bandit's stomach making him take his mouth off, "If I get rabies from that, you're roadkill!"

"I wish I did have rabies!" Bandit shouted, as the two continued to fight.

"ENOUGH!" Leo shouted, as he came at the two and used a finger each to press into a pressure point in their necks making them freeze up. Leo removed his fingers and spoke, "Violence is no way to solve any issue here."

"No it's not," Bandit agreed bitterly, "The only way to solve it is if I leave."

"What?" Fluttershy and Pinkie gasped.

"Bandit, you don't have to go." Sunset tried reasoning with him.

"Yeah. Raph can leave." Casey said, making Raph frown at him.

"No it's ok, guys. I get it. Besides I'm used to it. I'm always persecuted and demonized by someone who doesn't even bother to get to know me!" he motioned to Raph, "It was nice meeting you guys... MOST of you at least." Bandit left the dojo and the lair itself.

"Bandit!" Mikey called out, but knew he wasn't coming back. His dismal feeling didn't last very long, as he turned to Raph in anger, "Well, Raph, you did it again! We made a perfectly good friend today, and you scared him away!"

"All of a sudden this is my fault?!" Raph argued.

"Uh, yeah. Because Bandit's right." April agreed.

"All you've been doing is treating him with nothing but hostility." Rarity added.

"And he didn't do anything to you." Sunset put in.

"He bit me!" Raph reminded him.

"Because you drove him too it." Fugitoid noted

"I can't believe you're all ganging up on me!" Raph fumed.

Juniper suddenly slapped him in the face much to everyone's shock. Raph looked at Juniper in more shock, as the girl had tears in her eyes, "Not everything is about you, you jerk!" she started leaving.

"Juniper, where are you going?" Sunset asked.

"I'm going to find Bandit and apologize to him for Raph's bad attitude!" she left.

"Wait, we'll come too!" Indigo called, as the Shadowbolts followed, until they looked back at Raph with Sour speaking.

"Everyone thought we were bad because we were only interested in winning and being friends with no one. After watching you just now... I'm glad we stopped being like you." And with that the Shadowbolts left.

Everyone else turned to Raph with disappointment, as Leo spoke, "Let's all go after him. But Raph stays here!"

"Fine! I didn't wanna come anyway," he grumbled. As the group left the lair. The angry look on Raph's face started turning into guilt before he punched the floor, "WHY DID I DO IT AGAIN?!"


Back up top, Bandit was walking down the street sulking, until Juniper was running over, "Bandit! Bandit, stop!"

"What is it, Juniper? You better not be around me. Because I wouldn't want you getting in trouble with Raph." he replied.

"I don't care what Raph thinks. I care about you!"

Bandit stopped, "You care about me?"

"Of course. You didn't deserve what Raph did or said about you. I don't care if you call yourself Bandit or if you've done some petty stealing as pranks. You're a good person beneath all that fur. And if Raph can't see it then he's just blind."

Bandit blushed at Juniper's words, as she smiled at him. But before the two could say anything else, they heard the sound of purring. The two stood close, as Juniper asked, "What's that?"

"We're being watched. And I have a feeling I know by who." Bandit answered.

Dropping in before them was a panther mutant about the same height as the turtles. His clothing consisted of a pair of skin tight black pants with a gold colored panther head shaped belt buckle. He smirked at Bandit before speaking, "Bandit, old buddy. It's been awhile."

"Panther." Bandit gasped.

Author's Note:

There you go. I know some may think Raph is OOC here because of him automatically turning into a jerk. But if you've seen enough eps you'd know it's all part of his character and nature to pick fights and treat anyone with contempt. Don't miss next time everyone.

Bandit Raccoon is an OC of my own voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

Here is how he looks: