• Published 1st Dec 2017
  • 2,650 Views, 26 Comments

MLP And The Legendary Assassin - DryvernX



The infallible Hit was on the hunt for the criminal Frost. But then a cosmic explosion happened, and sent both of them to a land inhabited by ponies

  • ...
2
 26
 2,650

New World's Crisis

Everfree Forest

Deep inside the depths of the forest, Hit was taking a run through the numerous dark trees and vines all over. The assassin showed no change of expression about his surroundings. Sure the inside of the forest was creepy and seemed wild, but Hit had been through far worse and scary places in hundreds of other planets he once traveled to during his assassin years.

During his run, Hit was thinking into his thoughts about the current situation he's in.

"I just survived both a black hole and a space station explosion at the same time, yet i feel neither injury or broken bones. Instead i was sent to this unknown planet."

The assassin then stopped on his tracks near a fallen tree. He sat down on the bark, closed his arms, followed by his eyes to help his concentration.

He felt exhausted. More than he originally thought he was going to be.

"It seems i'm still a little worn out from that explosion. I have to postpone my hunt for Frost until i'm back to full strength. If i could survive this experience, then i'm certain Frost could as well."

His thoughts would then be interrupted when he heard something growling. The source of the noise could be heard from his back. He turned around and saw a large lion like creature with a red mane showing it's sharp teeth while snarling towards him.

But that one was far different than an ordinary lion. That was a manticore. In place of a short tail was a long scorpion tail with a stinger made for it's size. Along with the tail, on it's back it had large bat looking wings folded out to show it's intimidation.

Hit though was not faced by such. He stood up and calmly looked at the manticore straight in the eyes.

"First i see 6 horses that appears to be sentient, and now this? This planet is just starting to make me see how strange it is."

The manticore continued to snarl at him. It seemed as if it wanted to strike him anytime it found an opportunity. "Since you don't seem to be sentient like the horses from earlier, then i suppose you could do as a meal, since i'm starting to get a little hungry right now."

With that last word said, the manticore ran towards the assassin, hoping to strike him down with it's huge size and stinger. It's claw stroke him, the manticore felt victorious.

But that was short-lived once it noticed something very very odd. The assassin was still standing in front of him. He haven't even moved a muscle. The manticore watched it's claw has phased through the assassin as if he was merely a ghost.

Distracted by it's own confusion, the manticore failed to notice the real Hit right behind him. "My own time stored dimension has yet to fail me. Now for the killing blow."

Hit takes a basic fighting stance as he pushes his right hand back which was aiming for the distracted manticore. Next he calmly punches the air. The oblivious manticore was too late to realize what he was doing. It suddenly felt a small yet lethal and painful blow in it's gut.

It remained still for a couple of moments, until collapsed on the ground with no sense of life in it. The assassin approached the now dead manticore on the ground.

"That thing should cover enough calories for me. I should probably start a fire to roast it."


Fluttershy's cottage

Twilight and her friends have just recently gotten out of the forest. Thanks to the safe road they walked through, they ran into little to no obstacles on their way back to the cottage.

Fluttershy was standing in the middle between all of her friends. Twilight told them on the way back about their timid friend's discovery, during their pursuit for the peculiar light. While finding no trace, they knew Fluttershy has spotted something. Who knew what it exactly was? They were about to find out.

Rainbow Dash flew closer to her. She looked pretty energetic about what kind of thing Fluttershy saw. Fortunately not on Pinkie's level who seemed twice as excited as Rainbow currently was.

"Alright Fluttershy? What exactly did your little eye spot, while we were on a lookout during the ever free forest?" Asked Rainbow Dash. Her head pushed into Fluttershy's face, of course not enough to directly hurt her.

Pinkie joined Rainbow Dash's side while butting her head to Rainbow's right cheek. "Yeah. Was it something that seemed happy? Someone who would love a party i would totally throw him or her once i meet him face to face?" Pinkie was talking at a fast pace that Fluttershy could hardly follow up what she was telling her. Well she was Pinkie after all, so there was no mistaking that she would usually talk like this.

"Does it look cool? Well not as cool as me, but still really cool?" Rainbow asked again. Before they could reach their heads closer, they both were levitated back by Twilight's magic, to give Fluttershy more space.

"You two. Give her some space to speak." Demanded Twilight. She then put them down, as they would've remembered their lesson. "Alright Fluttershy. Would you describe what you noticed in the forest during our investigation?"

Now that the hindrance was out of the way, she now had the opportunity to speak. "Yes. I saw something big. You know big as in really tall. Around the same height as Princess Celestia i think."

Her friends kept listening to her explanation. Twilight was writing down notes on a piece of paper. "I noticed it's color which is presumably it's skin, was dark. It seemed closest to purple."

Her friends all nodded. They kept on listening. They wanted to hear more about what she saw.

"Lastly i noticed some sort of leather running down. It was moving as the thing out there was moving, like it was worn like clothing. It might've been a jacket it was wearing."

Now Rarity was gleeing in response. "So that thing is wearing clothing? I can't think if it also has a sense of fashion."

Applejack would then interrupt Rarity's joy. "Rarity. How the hay do we even know that strange thing's on the friendly side?"

"Well still i just thought that an unknown being wearing clothes could lead to potentially new ideas if we meet." Replied Rarity.

Fluttershy let out a small sigh. "That's all i saw about it. Do you have any idea what it was Twilight?"

She turned to Twilight whom has just finished writing down everything Fluttershy has described. She seemed pretty confused. "I... i have actually no clue."

Rainbow Dash flew over to her. Twilight could tell Rainbow seemed pretty disappointed. "You don't? Aren't you the egghead here?"

"I'm no egghead. But i have actually no clue about any species going about Fluttershy's description." Said Twilight. "I mean, as tall as Celestia herself, dark coloring, and wears clothes. I truly doubt this thing is even from Equestria."

"Oh! Maybe it could be from an outside country, coming here for a visit." Pinkie Pie randomly guessed. Her friends seemed a little unamused by her idea.

"Well how would that describe the light from earlier if they're connected?" Asked Twilight.

Pinkie tried to reply, before she had her mouth shut by Rainbow's hoof. "Thanks Pinkie, but i think we should cut the reply short." She could hear Pinkie Pie sighing in annoyance thanks to this interruption.

"GIRLS!" They all heard, the voice was recognizable. It came from near the front door. They all saw their favorite and only baby dragon Spike running from the side of Fluttershy's cottage towards them.

And he looked pretty exhausted. Clearly from all the running, as it seemed he had run all the way there in a hurry. Once close enough, he bend down a little trying to catch his breath. His head was sweating all over.

"Spike? What is it? Did something happen?" Asked Twilight while trying to help Spike keeping his balance.

Spike could hardly speak up. Instead he lifted his hand up to reveal a letter he was holding. Twilight levitated the letter as she rolled it out to read it out loud.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle. Please come meet me and your fellow princesses in Canterlot right away. It's an emergency." She read, the next she let out was a gasp. "An emergency! I must get to Canterlot at once!"

Rainbow flew up to her in protest. "But Twilight? What about our case with that strange thing?"

"We'll delay that. Now the princesses need me at Canterlot." Twilight spread her wings as she prepared to take flight. Without the support, Spike was starting to fall down again. Only for Rarity to catch him before he landed down.

"Well good luck Twilight. We'll be waiting back here for ya." Said Applejack, comforting her friend. Twilight was pretty nervous indeed. She was unsure about what situation that would happen.

"I'll be back at least before night falls down." She replied. Next Twilight flapped her wings as she took to the air as quick as possible. Her friends saw her flying in the air towards the direction of Canterlot, about to handle whatever situation that's going on.


Unknown City

A dark foggy city was around, long away from either Ponyville and Canterlot. It was semi civilized, around close near the same as Ponyville, but darker and surrounded by fog. It was quiet. Very quiet in fact. But despite that, it seemed to be quite a decent town.

On a road not far from the city, a muscular dark green earth pony wearing a dark cap, along with a dumbbell for a cutie mark was walking down said road with a barrel filled wagon on his back.

"Just a little further to deliver these barrels, and i'm all set home to my honey bottom." The stallion said. While he seemed bored, he was glad that his job was close to done.

As he was reaching closer to the city, he saw something appearing from the fog. He could not see or describe what it was, but it stood like a pony.

The confused stallion walked further to gain a closer look. He then noticed that the "pony" in the front seemed to be covered in a big cloak, slim light red hands were spotted from the lower part, and the face of a slim bull with a ring connected to the nose, while also spotting a white goatee.

The stallion walked towards the stranger. He had no idea whom that was, but he knew that whomever it was, it blocking his path. "Hey mister? Could you please move away? I'm just heading through to get my job done for today."

The stranger turned to the stallion. "Oh i'm afraid that i'm not moving anywhere." He said. His voice was raspy, as if he was tired and weakened. "And i'm also afraid that you won't get your job done anytime soon."

The stallion was now even more confused. Before he could protest, the stranger looks to be opening his mouth. A blue magic fire breathed out from the stranger, which was hitting the stallion.

The stallion was stunned. He could feel himself growing weaker both physically and mentally, the moment he was touched by that weird magic blast, as if it was absorbing his life energy. He was too weak to notice his cutie mark was disappearing at the same time. The magic blast from the stranger's mouth ended with the stallion falling down in a weakened state.

The stranger on the other hand was surrounded by an orange aura. He grew bigger than before, but not much bigger than he was previously. He sighed as he felt only a little bit stronger.

"Such little energy won't do for me, Lord Tirek. I need to absorb far more power to succeed in my plans to absorb Alicorn magic." The stranger now known as Tirek groaned. He was clearly impatient of the little magic he was absorbing.

"I have no idea what all this Alicorn thingy is." Tirek heard a voice. He grew suspicious and looked at his surroundings. He couldn't find anything mainly thanks to all the fog around.

"Who's there? Show yourself, and show respect for the mighty Lord Tirek!" Tirek threatened, doing the best he could to sound menacing.

He could hear laughter around. "Oh don't sound so mad. I'm just here to talk."

"If you're here to talk, then show yourself." Demanded Tirek impatiently. He waited a few moments, and another hooded being came from the fog nearby. Tirek noticed that the hooded being was shorter than him, but still a small amount taller than the stallion he drained from earlier.

"Don't be alarmed. I'm not here to fight... even if you're in no condition to." Chuckled the hooded being. "I'm just here to speak with you."

"And just what would a lowly worm want to speak with Lord Tirek?" Tirek asked.

"Oh pardon me for not having heard of you until now." He said in a mocking sarcastic way. "I'm new around here, and i got no clue about this new place. But one thing i do know is that you're the type who's craving for power. I can help you with that."

That earned Tirek's attention more. "I'm listening. But first tell me who you are."

"Very well then." The hooded being replied. The being reaches out a pair of blue arms, and then pulled down the hood. That reveals the face of a light blue unknown being.

"Call me Frost."