• Published 14th Feb 2018
  • 628 Views, 15 Comments

Five Nights at Twilight's Season 1: Canterlot Funtime Castle - Alicron273



The girls had died from an explosion and had their souls possess animatronics in the Canterlot Funtime Castle. Now they must come together once more before they turn against one another.

  • ...
 15
 628

Chapter 6: Reawakening

All of the animatronics were doing several activities in the castle today. Spike was using his claws to play the arcades in the arcade room. Derpy was given a chance to ride on the go-karts. Cheese Sandwich was enjoying his 4D movie experience. Applejack and Rarity were on a one-on-one round of laser tag. Dr. Whooves was on the monitor and keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

Shining Armor was just standing in the stadium, wondering what to do. He suddenly looked up to the ceiling when he heard crying coming from the...second floor? He'd forgotten that this "Funtime Castle" had stairs that led to the rooftop of the building. There was a sign above the entrance of the staircase that said, "Adults Only." He started to climb up the stairs to the top of the roof.


He arrived on the second floor and realized that he was on the balcony. He looked around to see tables, chairs, and a bar on the open roof. There were gates surrounding the area to keep anyone from falling off the building. The only thing that was covering the entire room was the turret for the castle. "This must be where everyone goes for romantic dates," Shining Armor thought to himself.

He heard the crying sounds again. He turned towards the sounds, and they were coming from...Cadence? The confident Principal and most lovely woman Shining ever knew was crying. He walked towards her, hoping he could do something to help her. "Cadence, are you feeling alright?" he asked, hoping he wasn't interrupting anything.

Cadence looked up at him with worried eyes. "Oh Shining," she said. "I'm scared. I never experienced something like this before. Everyone will be wondering what happened to us. We are all trapped here as robots. And Twilight, along with some of her friends are...they're..." She was cut off and then continued sobbing.

Shining Armor can't handle this anymore. He wrapped his hooves around her and pulled her in an embrace. Cadence continued sobbing while she was still hugging. "Shh," Shining whispered. "It's okay. We're going to make it through this. I swear we will find a way to get out."

Cadence looked up at him as her last tear drop fell. "Shining," Cadence finally spoke up. "I am so glad to have someone like you to keep me company."

"What can I say?" Shining asked. "I am your friend after all and I..." He was cut off when Cadence put a hoof on his lips. He looked down at her.

Cadence suddenly replied in a gentle note, "I think we can be more than friends."

Shining finally had his rosy cheeks blushed. "Are you saying...?" he asked, but then paused as Cadence nodded her head in agreement.

They both looked at each other with signs of hope. And with that, they both sealed the declaration with a kiss. The kiss was passionate and graceful as it lasted for a little longer. When they departed, Cadence leaned against Shining's shoulder as Shining Armor wrapped his hoof around her to pull her in closer. They both watched the full moon shining throughout the beautiful night sky. They closed their eyes as they lay their heads together, wishing that they could stay like this forever.


Dr. Whooves was getting bored watching over the monitors until something caught his eye. Four things to be precise. They were heading this way, and they didn't look friendly. Worse than that, they looked deadly. He sounded the alarm to rally up the others. They all came running through the vents as fast they could.

Shining and Cadence heard the alarm from the rooftop as their moment of silence was ruined. "We need to get down there quickly. Something bad must be happening."

Cadence stopped him from reaching the stairs. "There is a quicker way get down there you know," she said.

Shining looked confused when he asked, "There is?"

Cadence was pointing to her horn as she was giving the hint.

Shining finally realized what Cadence was saying. "Oh yeah,” he said. “We have horns. We can teleport." With a spark of magic, they disappeared into thin air.

They arrived in the office. They couldn't believe it actually worked. When everyone was gathered, they all turned to Dr. Whooves and Derpy who looked terrified. “What’s going on here?” Shining asked, feeling concerned already.

Dr. Whooves and Derpy were pointing to the opposite end of the hallway as all of the animatronics turned around. They were shocked and horrified of who was standing in front of them.

It was Twilight. But there was something off about her. Her skin color looked darker than lavender. Her clothing was all torn with rips filled with a few oils leaks, colorful wires, and electrical sparks. The metal joints of her elbows and knees were visible. Her long ponytail from the back of her head and the actual tail behind her were completely wrecked and frizzled like they were torn off, but they were still visible. Her robotic wings were damaged and there were visible metal parts in the middle that constructed her wings. As for her horn, it was completely broken in half with sparks spouting out. Lastly, her face resembled a scar that showed metal cutting through her left violet eye, not to mention her glasses were completely gone.

Seeing Twilight in such a state, they all stood in terror and sadness. Shining was brave enough to step forward as he asked in a worried tone, "Twilight? Is that you?"

Twilight just laughed to herself as she responded, "The Twilight you all know and loved is no more!" They all gasped in horror as they heard what that evil girl said. Suddenly, she pulled out two swords from her back like it was nothing. "There is a new bad girl in town!" she shouted out to them. "And that new girl is Brutalight Sparcake!"

Spike just giggled when he heard the last name like someone was trying to make Brutalight look stupid. But then he stopped laughing and stepped in front of the others. "Don't even bother trying to fight against us!” he shouted. “There are six of us and only one of you."

Brutalight just laughed harder as she responded in a low voice, "Count again." And just like that, the other three withered animatronics appeared behind her.

Rainbow Dash appeared from Brutalight’s right. The metal joints from her elbows and knees were visible like Brutalight’s along with the ragged clothing and messy hair and tail. The major difference was her appearance. Her left arm was completely torn off along with her left wing. Her face was torn off and only her bottom jaw and red glowing eyes at the back of her head were visible. Rainbow wires spread out from her broken face, left wing, and left arm. Metal ear pieces replaced her normal ones. Her right wing was completely covered in metal. Lastly, her right forearm was a gun and at its tip were metal claws that represent fingers.

Fluttershy appeared from the right side of Brutalight. Her visible metal joints, torn clothing, and messed up hair and tail was just like the other girls. The only differences were her hands. They were completely chopped off with a variety of wires sprouting out. Her hair was red and her tail was white. Her skin was more pale than yellow. Her left eye was red instead of blue, along with a red mark surrounding it. She had a red and white striped top hat instead of a beret. The hat looked similar to the cat in the hat's. Her wings were broken with wires sticking out as feathers. Lastly, her bottom jaw was broken and dangling off just like a mace. It was hard to move her mouth while she talked, but she could move the joints in her face to show some expressions.

Pinkie Pie pulled out a grappling hook and shot it at the ceiling. It pulled her up and dangled her above the rest. Her hook was holding onto the handle as she put her free hand on her waist with a devious grin. She also had the comparable metal joints and wrecked clothing. However, her hair and tail weren’t messed up. In fact, they were both flat instead of big and puffy. Her skin color was more magenta than pink. The eyepatch on her left-eye was useful since it was hiding an actual scar. Lastly, there was an endoskeleton spine that showed from the top of her waist towards the bottom of her...uh...upper body. The bottom part of her shirt was torn off, and the metal belly was broken apart in order to reveal the spine from front and back.

The pony animatronics stood terrified of being surrounded by withered beings. "It looks like the odds are against you now," Brutalight replied. "I would like you all to meet my teammates. Rainbine, Fluttershout, and Pinkis Cupcake."

Cheese Sandwich stretched his endoskeleton neck to get a better view of the animatronics. Then he laid his eyes on Pinkis who was hanging above them with her grappling hook. Pinkis looked over all of them until she caught the sight of Cheese staring at her. Their gazes were still in motion, unable to speak as they gazed upon each other. Cheese imagined how cute she was. Pinkis imagined how handsome he was. Since they just met, love at first sight was kind of ridiculous.

It was also ridiculous that the moment was cut short when Brutalight and Shining Armor hit them in the face with their swords. Cheese shook his head trying to snap out of it. Pinkis fell from her grappling hook and stood back up in a fighting position.

"Now with that inconvenience aside," Brutalight said. "It would be a good time for all of you to surrender."

Shining just stepped forward and stomped his hoof. "We are not going to let you give up our lives that easily. This isn't like you girls. Snap out of it!"

Brutalight was already starting to lose her patience. "Fine! Then I guess we are doing this the hard way. GIRLS!!!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. The girls heard her and were ready to do whatever she was going to command. And with that, she said again in a low voice, "Kill them all." All the girls moved forward. The pony animatronics paced backwards, wondering what to do.

As the withered animatronics got closer, Cadence leapt out of the crowd and landed right in front of them and then shouted, "Enough!" Once her horn glowed, a huge shield blasted out and everyone tumbled over from the forcefield. Cadence took a moment to catch her breath then she responded, "I don't know what has happened to you or how you are still alive, but this has to stop. I can't let any of my friends get themselves killed again. Especially the ones I am close to." Everyone was confused by the last thing Cadence just said. Shining, on the other hoof, had his rosy cheeks glowing.

Brutalight just growled under her breath as she shouted, "Never! We will be back Cadence. And all of your friends will be heading straight to the scrap yard!" Her broken horn started to glow and then the whole room went blank. When everyone opened their eyes from the bright flash, the girls were gone.

Dr. Whooves immediately looked over the cameras to see where they went. He couldn't find them anywhere. Not even in the parts and services room. They were completely gone.


Celestia was waiting impatiently. She turned her head to see the girls arrive at her lair. It was a secret room in the building, but there weren't any cameras around. Nobody knew that this room even existed. "Well?” she asked in a demanding tone. “Is the task done?"

Brutalight was the first to walk up to her. She clenched her fist as she responded, "No."

Celestia growled until she shouted, "You fools!" A blast came out and hit Brutalight towards the wall. "I gave you all a simple task, and you weren't able to do it!" she shouted in an angry tone.

"We can't even get an inch closer to them," Pinkis responded. "They have an alicorn of their own."

Brutalight got up, wincing from the pain from the blast. "It was Cadence," she corrected.

Celestia cursed under her breath. "Change of plan," she responded. "I will teleport you all tomorrow night. You will be sent to different parts of the building. You will go find any of those pesky animatronics alone and wreck them. Fail me, and your fates will be sealed." After that command, the time was now 6:00 A.M. The robots started to power down into a deep slumber.

Pinkis began to have second thoughts before starting to fade. “Why am I doing this? Was I doing the right thing? Was this what I even want? Was this what Pinkie wanted?

Author's Note:

The reason why I ended the night here was because I wanted to make five nights in this story. I don't call this Five Nights at Twilight's for nothing. One more thing. The elements of Insanity characters were not my idea. All rights belong to their rightful owners. Although, their withered versions were my idea.