• Published 14th Feb 2018
  • 629 Views, 15 Comments

Five Nights at Twilight's Season 1: Canterlot Funtime Castle - Alicron273



The girls had died from an explosion and had their souls possess animatronics in the Canterlot Funtime Castle. Now they must come together once more before they turn against one another.

  • ...
 15
 629

Chapter 4: Unexpected Encounters

Shining Armor woke up from his deep slumber. He looked around the room and realized that he was in the stadium. He groaned as he rubbed his face with his..."Hooves?", came the thought in Shining Armor's mind. He looked himself over and realized he was an animatronic unicorn. He was hyperventilating because of what he had become. "Relax Shining," he thought to himself. "You’re not dead. Well, kinda. I don't know what could be worse then ending up as an animatronic pony.

He suddenly jinxed himself when he saw two animatronic mares standing next to him on the stage. He was about to scream and panic, but he recognized who they were. The orange earth pony mare to his right was Applejack. There was no denying the hat. And to his left was a white unicorn mare who was Rarity. The big purple mane gave it away. He wondered if they were alive too.

He woke them up by tapping them. After a few seconds, they were both awake. As they turned their faces at Shining Armor and each other, there eyes widened as they screamed in terror. Shining Armor was covering his own ears with his hooves. He got them to stop screaming as he shouted, "Shut Up!" He looked at both of them, and he started to see their mouths glowing when they were closed. He realized that he was doing this because he's a unicorn. He was able to use magic. He immediately let go as he let them catch their breath.

Applejack was the first to speak up. "Where the hay are we?" she asked, feeling more concerned about what has become of them.

Rarity spoke in a stuttering voice as if she were malfunctioning. "Applejack? Shining Armor?" she asked. "W-W-Why are we i-i-inside these animatronic p-p-pony suits?"

Shining looked down as he took a deep breath. "I don't know," he responded. "My memory is blurry, and all I remember is being in the middle of the explosion." But as they tried calm down throughout all this, they heard another scream in panic. It was coming from Party Cove. They ran to the room as fast as they could.


They arrived in the room where they encountered another animatronic whom they didn't recognize. He was freaking out by running around in circles in his stadium. Shining shouted "Hey!" at him as the other animatronic stopped in mid-air. He looked over at them with confusion as he tried to settle down. They all approached him slowly as Shining asked him, "Were you a human before?"

The animatronic caught his breath as he responded, "I was, but now I don't know what has happened to..." He was cut off as he looked over at them. "Wait a darn minute," he said. "I recognize all of you. You were the group that wandered into this part of the building when it exploded."

They all looked down with disappointment at the mention of the explosion. "Uh yeah," Applejack responded. "That would be us. But who the hay are you?"

The animatronic was about to slap his own face until he stopped because he was about to use his own hook. He was shocked at his own reaction, and he immediately switched to his other...hoof. "Shoot!" he shouted. "I didn't introduced myself. The name is Cheese. Cheese Sandwich. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

"Why the pleasure is ours," Rarity said. "But how did you end up like us? You weren't with us when the explosion happened." The others nodded their heads in reply.

"Oh I was," Cheese replied. "Well, sort of. Let me explain how it happened." Cheese Sandwich pulled out a projector, somehow, and it showed the flashback. "I was there when it all happened," Cheese replied as the projection showed everything he was talking about.

"I took the job as an entertainer. I was handling all the fun activities and birthday parties for all the little boys and girls. Everything was going swell until I heard and saw the smoke blast out of the hallway. I did see all of you enter there, so I wanted to make sure you were okay. I ran toward the smoke to find all of you. It appears I was wrong to think you were alive. As I started to run back for help, some stranger blocked my way and blasted me with some sort of laser right at my chest. I dropped down to the floor, bleeding, as the rest of the flames burned me to the ground. Then I died.” He immediately threw away the projector as he saw the others gasp with horror.

They have totally forgotten how painful their death was as if it didn't happen. As they were about to bring up another topic, they heard another scream of terror. It was coming from the balloons and ball pit area where the younger kids hang out. They all ran toward it as fast as they could.


When they arrived at the area of the building, they were shocked to see a different kind of animatronic, a baby dragon holding balloons. And yet, his scale colors looked familiar. That was when they realized it was Spike. He was running around in circles and waving his arms in a panic state. And when he accidentally breathed out fire, he started to freak out even more than before.

Rarity managed to stop him by levitating him with her magic. She stepped towards Spike, hoping she could get him to reply. "Spikey-Wikey," Rarity replied. "Is that you?"

Spike needed a moment to catch his breath. He looked down to see most of his friends below him. He immediately calmed down when he realized he wasn't alone here. He was placed down on the floor. "Rarity? What happened to you? What happened to me? And who is that guy?" he asked while he was pointing to Cheese Sandwich.

Cheese introduced himself as he tried to put his hook on a wall. It turns out his hook got caught on a lever instead. It activated a ride and pulled him on it. He was spinning around and around until he swang in mid-air, and then he came crashing through other attractions along with a bunch of random noises you won't hear everyday. He crashed down right in front of the rest of the animatronics in a dismantled state. "I'm okay," he responded. But he knew for a fact that he wasn't okay.

They all gasped at the display that Cheese Sandwich was in right now. He looked like a walking endoskeleton with a shirt. His back hooves were at the right spot. The same goes for his right front hoof. But his tail became his head, his hook became his tail, and now his head with a long neck became his left fore arm. An extra endoskeleton was conveniently attached to his neck before he came crashing down to the floor. However, his yellow shirt with the black bow-tie is still covering his upper body. But one thing was for sure: they had enough freaking out for one day.


They were standing still when they heard a strange shuffling noise coming from the prize corner. They walked past the selves and stepped in front of the purple box, which turned out to be moving. Shining realized that this had to be the animatronic that looked like Cadence. They all suddenly jumped back in surprise when they saw Cadence burst out of the box.

Cadence looked down with her magenta eyes and gasped in terror. "Who and what are you?" she stammered as she now looked herself over. "And what has happened to me?"

Shining Armor was the first to step forward. "Cadence” he said “Relax. It's me.”

Cadence looked back at him as she realized who he was. "Shining Armor?" she asked as the others nodded in response. She looked at all of them and then back to herself. "Hooves?” she asked. “Am I in my animatronic suit? What happened to all of us?"

They all looked at each other as Shining replied, "We have a lot to talk about."


Meanwhile in the parts and services room, Withered Celestia and Withered Luna were sitting in the dark corner of the room, offline, with their dead corpses visible. Suddenly, a spark managed to burst out of Celestia's head as she started to move. Her mechanical eye and silver eye darted across the room. She could barely muster a word when she woke up. Then her mechanical flesh mouth sputtered out a word that was barely above a whisper. "Kill."

Author's Note:

Celestia and Luna are designed as Springtrap. That is something you can picture in your head. But they are classified as Withered animatronics. Although their faces aren't as ugly as the original Springtrap. There faces are still pretty like their normal versions were. The ugly part of it is that they don't have any skin or hair.