• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 1,122 Views, 10 Comments

Equestrian Biohazard - LegitFTW



Twilight Sparkle and her friend's lives are endangered when a virus spreads through Ponyville.

  • ...
4
 10
 1,122

Part 2: The Attack

Six days later was the day Lyra's fears were confirmed.

It began at around 4AM that morning. Twilight, Macintosh, Applejack, Lyra, and Derpy, who were guarding at the time, heard scratches outside the back of the barn. Since Derpy was the only pegasus awake at the time, she was told to fly out and see where the scratches were coming from.

She was only out of the barn for a few seconds, and she quickly came back screaming "MUFFINS MUFFINS MUFFINS!" The rest of the group looked out the door to see a large hoard of zombies coming towards them. They all opened fire, and the number of zombies was quickly decreasing. With all this happening, they had forgotten completely about the scratching at the back door.

All of a sudden, The back wall of the barn collapsed, and many sharp pieces flew off. One of these pieces was a 2" by 2" by 5" plank of wood with one rounded off into a sharp cone, like the tip of a pencil. This plank flew through the air and found it's way to Rainbow Dash's head, cutting through her skull and mashing her brain into a bloody pulp. Many more wood planks of the back wall, and Fluttershy, who was also in the hay bed at the time, had awoken at the sound of the back wall cracking. However, she couldn't gain consciousness quickly enough before planks from the wall fell on her, and many sickening cracks we're audible from the fracturing bones of her limbs.

The wall was the least of the problems for the conscious ponies, as behind the back wall, hundreds of zombies had piled up. Now that the back wall was eliminated, they all fell into the barn in a large herd. The last five survivors were surrounded by zombies, and they were closing in fast. Derpy, the only one that could fly away, couldn't even make an attempt to leave before dozens of Pegasus zombies stopped her in her trail, and she fell to the ground. Applejack had a good strategy, she was shooting the zombies in front of her with her machine gun, and bucking the zombies behind her like they were trees. This was super effective until zombified Lemon Hearts came behind Applejack with her mouth open. When Applejack went to kick her, she bit down on Applejack's leg, tearing through her flesh tissue until the virus in her saliva seeped into Applejack's veins. One-by-one her cells began to become filled with this virus, and quickly Applejack had become a zombie. Applejack's first move as a zombie was a jerk of her head, where she bit Big Macintosh in the hip. Applejack's teeth cracked Macintosh's pelvic bone and punctured his kidney, releasing a filthy stench into the already disgusting smelling barn. Big Macintosh didn't become a zombie, he simply fell to the ground.

Twilight was completely out of ideas. She knew no spells that could handle a zombie apocalypse, because she never believed one would occur. The next thing Twilight saw was a bright flash of white light, and when her vision cleared, she saw that every single zombie pony had fallen, dead. The only ponies standing were her and Lyra Heartstrings, who looked just as puzzled as she was. They bother looked up and they saw something, or somepony, coming towards them from the sky. This figure was none other than Princess Luna, who spoke to them.

"HUZZAH, WE'VE BEEN WAITING YEARS TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT SPELL. TOO BAD IT COULDN'T COME UNDER HAPPIER CIRCUMSTANCES..." This was said in her Royal Canterlot Voice.

"Princess Luna..." Twilight said weakly "Why couldn't... you... come... sooner?"

"MY DEAR, THERE WERE CHANGELINGS COMING BACK FOR REVENGE IN CANTERLOT. THE ENTIRE CITY WAS ON LOCKDOWN."

"Is... every... one... okay?"

"THANKS TO YOUR BROTHER AND HIS ARMY, NO CIVILIANS WERE HURT, BUT THERE WERE MANY CASUALTIES AMONG SOLDIERS. YOUR BROTHER FRACTURED HIS RIBCAGE, BUT HE IS EXPECTED TO MAKE A FULL RECOVERY."

This time Lyra spoke up. "So... what... do we... do... now?"

"THE PARAMEDICS ARE COMING SHORTLY TO RESCUE YOU AND SEE IF THEY CAN FIND ANY OTHER SURVIVORS"

Twilight and Lyra had nothing else to say. Instead, they cried. The thought that they would never again hear the voices of their friends and be able to love them had set in. They didn't stop crying until Twilght heard a faint scream.

This scream would be hard to hear otherwise, just drowned out with the wind, but the scream sounded familiar, it sounded like... Fluttershy!

Twilight ran to where she heard the scream and saw a pile off rubble. She cleared the rubble with magic and found Fluttershy, silently screaming in between coughs. Her cute face and torso were still completely intact, but her limbs had taken severe damage, enough so that bloody bone covered in splintery wood chips was visible. Fluttershy forced a smile onto her face as paramedics came to take her to the hospital.

"She's going to be just fine." A paramedic assured Twilight.