• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 1,123 Views, 10 Comments

Equestrian Biohazard - LegitFTW



Twilight Sparkle and her friend's lives are endangered when a virus spreads through Ponyville.

  • ...
4
 10
 1,123

Part 1: The Barn

Not too long later, Applejack stormed into Twilight's house She found Twilight curled up in a corner, crying.

"Twilight!" Applejack yelled, breathing heavily, "Y'all better come with me, sugarcube. A huge hoard a zombie ponies are rampagin' through Ponyville. One o' them varmin done gone n' bit Granny Smith"

"That's terrible!" Twilight remarked. "I hope this isn't my fault."

"Now why in the hay would this be your fault?" Applejack asked. Twilight then told Applejack the whole story about the cupcakes, and Twilight using her magic to finish the recipe. Before Applejack could respond, a zombified Silver Spoon broke down Twilight's door, followed by about 20 other zombified ponies.

"QUICK, TWILIGHT! Applejack screamed, "TELEPORT US TO MAH BARN NOW!"

In a flash of purple smoke, they were gone. They reappeared in the Sweet Apple Acres barn, where they regrouped with Big Macintosh, Apple Bloom, and Rarity. Big Macintosh was comforting Apple Bloom, who was crying in the corner of the barn. Rarity was brushing her hair.

"Rarity, all of our friends are dying and turning into bloodthirsy demons who want to murder us, and you're brushing your hair?" Twilight asked.

"Of course, my dear, how else will everyone remember how fabulous I was if I die?" Rarity responded.

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash crashed through the barn doors, carrying Derpy Hooves and Lyra Heartstrings. A few seconds after, Fluttershy gracefully flew in, carrying Trixie.

"We found more survivors." Rainbow Dash exclaimed, "They're in pretty rough shape, but they're stable."

Rarity spoke up "Not to interrupt darling, but what the moon are we going to do now?"

"Well we gaht a lotta food here in this barn, so we cn' survahve offa that." Applejack explained. "We alsa have these" Applejack kicked over a large bale of hay, revealing a wall of machine guns. "Suit up ponies."

All of the ponies besides Apple Bloom grabbed a gun.

"So here's the plan. If anypony walks in here, and they can't speak ta us besides sayin' brains, we blast 'em." Applejack wiped away a tear. "Even if they... they useta be... ahhr friends."

A few seconds later, the zombie versions of Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo entered the barn. Everyone raised their weapons and were about to fire, when Apple Bloom jumped out in front of them.

"Guys, it's me Apple Bloom, your friend, remember?" Apple Bloom obviously had not heard what Applejack had just said.

"APPLE BLOOM, DON'T..." There was no use for Twilight finishing that sentence. Scootaloo bit Apple Bloom directly in the mouth. The blood vessels in Apple Bloom's mouth were torn apart, causing the dark red blood being propelled through the vessels to spew out onto the floor. Her teeth were crushed in Scootaloo's mouth with a horrifying crunch. What was left of Apple Bloom's face turned gray, and she turned towards the others and mumbled the word "braaaaains..."

The ponies opened fire on the three girls, and they were dead before they hit the ground.

Applejack, Macintosh, and Fluttershy began uncontrollably bawling, and the rest of the fillies were crying as well, except for Trixie.

"I, the great and powerful Trixie, delivered a kill shot directly to that ugly zombie Sweetie Belle's face" Said Trixie.

"SHUT UP!" Rarity screamed. "THAT UGLY ZOMBIE USED TO BE MY LITTLE SISTER. THAT'S NOT SOMETHING YOU BOAST ABOUT YOU BRUTE!" With that, Rarity shot Trixie right between the eyes. With this all happening, nopony noticed that Pipsqueak was approaching Rarity. She suddenly felt intense pain in the back of her neck. Pipsqueak's zombified self had jumped up and dug his teeth into the back of Rarity's brain stem. Her brain quickly lost connection with the rest of her body. She twitched for a few seconds and then her body fell limp in a pool of her own blood, while her head rolled away. Rarity did not turn into a zombie, as she was already completely dead from the bite. Macintosh quickly shot Pipsqueak until he was sure he was dead.

Fluttershy was crying, but everyone else, although they were quite sad, they were starting to get used to it.

"Unless we stop fighting amongst ourselves, we're all going to die!" Twilight said. "Now, everyone is going to stay away from the entrance, we're going to watch each other's backs, and we're not going to stop until every zombie is drowning in their own blood! Now who's with me?"

"HOORAH!" responded Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Lyra. Macintosh responded with an "Eeyup," Derpy responded with the word muffins and Fluttershy was still crying.

After three days in the barn, they had begun to get the hang of things. Twilight had planned four different sleeping shifts, where they slept in groups of twos, leaving the other five to guard. Each shift would last three hours, giving each pony six hours of sleep per day. There was only one hay bed. Twilight, a master at organizational skills, also devised an eating schedule, so that the large supply of food would last for months. With this system, the group was able to keep out quite a few of zombies without getting a scratch on them, for the first few days.

Lyra expressed hear concern during a conversation on the fourth day. "Not too many zombies have come to try and kill us. If everyone in Ponyville besides us is a zombie, then there must be more coming. I'm afraid they may be forming a large group, and are planning to attack us all at once."

"Zombies don't have brains." Twilight responded. "I don't think that they can plan... or at least I hope not..."