• Published 24th Aug 2012
  • 1,123 Views, 10 Comments

Equestrian Biohazard - LegitFTW



Twilight Sparkle and her friend's lives are endangered when a virus spreads through Ponyville.

  • ...
4
 10
 1,123

Prologue

Twilight Sparkle was surrounded. Her five friends had been killed and turned into bloodthirsty zombies, and they formed a small circle around her, closing in fast. Twilight knew she would surely die if she didn't do something fast. In an act of panic, Twilight shoved her horn into Fluttershy's zombified face, tearing the cartilage of her nose, cracking her skull, and fracturing her brain stem, which no longer held a brain. Fluttershy fell to the ground with a thud. Before she could process what just happened, Twilight felt a sharp pain in her lower back. She looked behind her to see Rarity's zombified form shoving her teeth into Twilight's spine, snapping her spinal cord with a loud...

"AAAAAGH" Twilight screamed, as she awoke from her nightmare. Twilight looked around the room. She spotted Spike's empty bed, and remembered that he was away on royal business, so no one was around to hear her screams.

"Phew," Twilight said to herself, "Glad it was only a dream. Zombie ponies are only real in old Pony tales." With that, Twilight fell back asleep.

Approximately 5 hours later...

"TWILIGHT, TWILIGHT, TWILIGHT! WAKE UP!" Twilight opened her eyes to see her friend Pinkie Pie. Pinkie was a very energetic mare, as she suffered greatly from ADHD.

"What? What do you want?" Twilight remarked, still half asleep.

"CUPCAKES!"

"Huh?" Twilight said groggily, and then she suddenly remembered a nightmare Pinkie had told her about, "This doesn't have anything to do with the nightmare you told me about where you killed Rainbow Dash, does it?"

"No, of course not! We need your help at Sugarcube Corner! Cutie Pox is spreading through the foals faster than a flying squirrel on roller skates, or maybe a pegasus in an airplane, or maybe a..."

"I GET IT, PINKIE!" Twilight remarked, now fully awake. "But what is baking cupcakes going to do to help cure Cutie Pox?"

"Zecora, silly! She has a recipe for cupcakes that will cure the Cutie Pox faster than you can say 'Chimicherry Cherrychanga.' She's at Sugarcube Corner right now. LET'S GO!"

"All right, let me just get ready first" Twilght said, looking down at her just-rolled-out-of-bed self.

A few minutes later, Twilight teleported herself and Pinkie to Sugarcube Corner. Zecora was there, already mixing potions.

"A unicorn's magic will do the the trick, to make healing cupcakes to help the sick." Zecora told Twilight. Twilight's horn began to glow bright lavender as she stood up and shot the bowl of ingredients with an electrifying bolt of magic. The tan fluid in the bowl began to sparkle.

"What do we do now?" Pinkie exclaimed.

"In order to make sure of the cupcakes' power, we must let them sit for half an hour." Zecora responded.

"OKEY-DOKEY-LOKEY!" Pinkie exclaimed (Pinkie was always excited when it came to cupcakes, or any dessert for that matter). As she said this, she jumped up and her tail knocked over a dark red potion, and it spilled into the bowl. Pinkie Pie was oblivious at what she had just done, while Twilight and Zecora were both looking away.

After the trio finished baking and icing the cupcakes, they were ready to give them to the sick foals. There were seven colts and six fillies infected with Cutie Pox, thirteen in all. Among the infected were Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, who had contracted the virus from Apple Bloom when she took one of Zecora's 'Heart's Desire' potions. Pipsqueak also had come down with the Cutie Pox, and he likely contracted it when he went trick-or-treating with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Each patient ate a cupcake, and immediately their fake cutie marks went away and they stopped performing their fake talents.

"HOORAY!" Pinkie exclaimed, and she began to trot away. When suddenly, she felt an unbearable pain in the back of her thigh. She screamed and looked back to see Scootaloo with a gray and veiny face, digging her teeth into the flesh and muscle tissue in the back of Pinkie's thigh. Pinkie's blood spurted onto the faces of the the other foals. That's when Twilight and Zecora noticed that all the other foals, and now Pinkie Pie, had gray and veiny faces as well. Twilight then heard Zecora scream in pain. In panic, Twilight teleported back to her treehouse.