• Published 25th Sep 2017
  • 13,122 Views, 1,222 Comments

An Equestrian Witcher - OblivionShadow



A witcher from the Northern Realms finds himself sitting in Equestria, turned into a pony. When the fight with the Leshen began it was business as usual, but a second attack and a sharp pain to the back find him waking up in a world he can't imagin

  • ...
44
 1,222
 13,122

PreviousChapters Next
107: A Piece Found

Oblivion looked up as Sasa growled and he raised his head from the tile floor to look around. He didn’t see anything as Sasa continued to growl as she got to her paws. He got to his hooves as the Spirit Tiger moved away from him and he followed in her wake. She stalked forward, and he waited for her to find what had garnered her attention. His eyes narrowed as he scanned for anything living that might have gotten close to them. Sasa suddenly stopped and he saw her ears flick as she seemed to be searching for what she had seen.

“Tell me you saw something?” She asked as she looked over her shoulder at him.

“I did not.” He said to her as he drew up next to her.

“Shit.” She cursed as she sat down heavily. “I know I saw something. But I’m not sure what it was.”

“What did it look like?”

She sighed and looked up at him. “It glowed, not brightly, but it was still glowing. Does anything from where you’re from glow?”

“Many things in the Continent glowed. I did not hear anything in front of you.”

She grumbled as she looked back the way she had been looking. “I swear to you there was something there.”

“I believe you.” He assured her. “In this forest, it could have been anything. Even something from the Continent could have been possible. Considering how things from my world have been appearing here anything is possible.”

She sighed and her shoulders slumped for a few seconds before she looked at him. “Well I suppose we should get moving on our search.”

“I agree.” He replied to her as he spun on his heel and made for the camp they had made.

The flames faded as he got closer to it and Sasa waited for him to pull some food out of his pack for her. He ate his portion as she ate and after a few minutes, they were moving back to the doors to the ballroom.


Oblivion cast his spells and he watched as the metal shone back at him. Sasa walked up the left side of the room while he scanned the right. He could hear her shuffling through the old leaves and rubble from when the ceiling had caved in. After an hour of searching nothing had stood out to either of them and the Witcher was quiet as he made for the door. Sasa fell in behind him and he could hear her paws thudding dully on the floor.

“So far nothing. We have been through another hallway throughout the day and so far nothing has come through. I’m beginning to wonder about whether you’re right about the location.” Sasa said to him as he made for the next doorway.

He didn’t reply and he could understand why she had doubts. So far they had been through over half the hallway and nothing had come through for them. He stopped in his tracks and pulled out a scrap of paper and his magic illuminated it once more and he showed her. The feline said nothing as she looked at the map piece. She said nothing as he pulled out the map they had gotten from Twilight and he put them on top of each other.

“Okay so you’re not wrong about the location. But it still is annoying that nothing has been found.”

“The location is too large for us to easily search quickly.” He said to her. “So we can only work with who we have at our disposal, which is just us.”

“I know.” She whined. “I just hate how long this is taking.”

He nodded at her as he made for the doorway.


Oblivion teleported the two of them back to the ballroom and Sasa sat down by the flames that he conjured for her. She said nothing and she had been silent for quite a while. He gave her the food from his saddlebags and she eagerly ate what she was given. The cat laid down in place and she watched the fire dance in front of her. He watched the azure flame as it moved and he made sure it was steady. He looked across the fire at the cat as she closed her eyes and he said nothing to her. He curled his tail along his side laid his head down on top of his tail and closed his eyes as well. Normally Sasa was fairly talkative but he knew that she was growing weary of what they were doing and frustrated with the lack of progress.


Sasa opened her eyes and she looked through the fire to the sleeping Witcher across from her. The pony was still as he slept and she said nothing that might disturb him. She looked around them and she sat up as the same glow from before caught her attention. She started to call it out and awaken the Witcher but she paused. She had been staring right at it before and he hadn’t been able to see it. She got to her paws and began to silently stalk the mysterious glow.

“It has to be something.” She said to herself as she drew closer to the glow.

The glow moved and stayed in place as she neared it. The glow was just outside the window and wall. She looked over her shoulder at the sleeping Witcher. She backed up several steps and jumped forward as she gathered her own magic and she blinked through the wall. She managed not to have to draw anything from Oblivion as she went through the wall. She yelped as she fell several feet down the wall and into the brush. She stayed still for several seconds as she regained her footing and she managed not to curse her bad luck.

“Well that was fun.” She muttered to herself.

She looked around and her blue eyes found the glow once more and she began to weave her way through the brush. The Spirit Tiger moved out of the brush and into the clear behind the castle. She said nothing as she followed the glow and she glared as it began to fade.

“No. Don’t you dare fade out, you little... Brat.” She growled as she began to trot after it.

The cat broke into a run as it still faded ahead of her. A sound caused her to stop in her tracks as a moaning call sounded out. She watched as the sound began to fade and she stalked forward once more. The glow began to intensify as it started to come toward her, its movements were jerky as it moved toward her. Sasa said nothing as it moved away from her again. She watched as it seemed to stop its movements toward her.

“Okay, what are you doing?” She asked the glowing thing as it began to go away from her.

She trotted forward and the glowing ball was not moving as fast away from her. The feline was silent as the glowing item stopped as well. It began to alter its shape and she tried to watch it closely as it shifted. She took a few more tentative steps and was now close enough to see that the shape was now a small cat. The Spirit Tiger was careful as she took another step and the small cat moved toward her. She yelped as she threw herself to the ground as it zipped over her head.

“What the hell?” She said as she looked back to find the small cat bouncing in place.

She stood up and turned around and the little cat bounced around for a moment before it zipped at her again. She jumped back and when she found the small cat again she realized what it wanted. It wanted to play. She smiled and jumped after it and it zipped away from her. She pounced after it and began to play with the small cat.


Oblivion said nothing as he watched her play with the spirit cat. He knew that the little one was not a Spirit Beast like her, it was just a spirit. He had heard her fall through the brush under the window back at the castle. He had watched her wander away from him and he had followed from afar to ensure that she was okay. He teleported back to the castle laid back down by the fire and said nothing to disturb her play.


Oblivion opened his eye a slit as the sound of paws caught his attention and he watched as Sasa laid back down across from him. He allowed her to think that he had no idea she had left him for a while. She seemed tired but happy and he could see her spirit was bright and he was pleased to see it shine back at him. He closed his eyes and let himself fall back into sleep for a couple more hours.


Oblivion opened his eyes to find Sasa already awake and watching him sleep. He raised his head as she gave him a wide toothy smile.

“You seem to be in better spirits.” He said to her.

She nodded as he gave her some food. “I slept well.”

He said nothing about the obvious lie and allowed her to think she had fooled him. He ate his portion and he got to his hooves as she finished her portion. He teleported them back to where they had left off. Sasa followed merrily behind him and he glanced back at her as she had a slight bounce in her step. He led her toward the next hallway and they found themselves in front of a set of enormous doors.

“Wow.” Sasa said to him. “Any ideas?”

“Throne room?” He asked her in reply.

“Oh. You might be on to something.” She replied. “Well let’s find out.”

Oblivion used his magic to push open the doors and the hinges screamed as his magic pushed them open. Sasa cringed and Oblivion pinned his ears at the sound. Once they had been opened enough his magic stopped and the light of his horn went out. Sasa bounded into the room and he fell in behind her.

“Holy hell,” Sasa said to him as he joined her.

The room was enormous as he looked up. The ceiling was close to forty feet up and designs covered the ceiling. He didn’t say anything as he scanned the designs and they were a mix of the sun and moon across its surface. The room itself was probably close to one hundred feet wide. The Witcher was quiet as he looked around them. At the front of the room was a single throne. Sasa walked up to it and Oblivion joined her after several seconds.

“Only one throne?” Sasa pointed out.

“It seems that way.” He asked her.

“Maybe they shared it?”

“Do you think they did?”

“I don’t think so. Look at it.”

He looked up at the throne and he could see the sun emblazoned into the stone. He wondered if this is one of the things that upset Luna back in the days of her fall. The Witcher was quiet as he looked away from the throne and back to the room around them.

“Well. Use your spells and let’s see what we find.” Sasa said to him after a few minutes of silence between them.

He nodded back at her and his horn lit as he called on the two spells. One evoked after the other and metal showed around them and Sasa growled as the room lit up. He moved away from the throne and back to the walls and began his search.


Oblivion moved to the doors and Sasa joined him. He sighed and Sasa gave an annoyed sound as she walked out of the room. He was about to follow her when something stopped him in his tracks. His orange eyes fell back on the throne and he knew that there was no glow from it but he remained where he stood. In front of him Sasa tapped his leg and he moved back into the room. He walked back up to the throne and he stood at the bottom of the raised platform that it sat upon.

“Chosen?”

He didn’t say anything back to her as his eyes narrowed as he focused on the throne. Something felt off to him and he walked up to the throne and stood in front of it once more. He glanced over his shoulder and he saw Sasa walk back into the room. He was about to turn away when he decided to walk behind the throne and see if there was anything that stood out to him. When he got behind the throne it was a blank side and he stared at it and his eyes narrowed as he stared at it. Something stood out in his enhanced sight and his horn lit as he bathed the throne in light.

“Anything?”

“I think so. Hold on.”

His horn remained lit as he covered the throne in his magic. He started to lift the throne when the side of it clicked open. His horn faded as he looked at the section of the throne that had opened. Sasa joined him as he reached into the notch and pulled out the cylinder from within the notch.

“By my claws. You were right not to walk away.” Sasa said to him.

“Something felt out of place.” He informed her.

Sasa nuzzled his shoulder as his magic opened the cylinder and he held it up in his magic as the true symbols shone through as the others faded. He pulled out the map that Twilight gave him and he put them together. He could see the next place they needed to go but he was not sure of the exact location.

“Gonna ask about this one or just wing it?” Sasa asked him.

“I think we will ask about this one.” He said to her. “I have no clue about where this could be. According to the order of the map, it’s not that far from here.”

He put the map and cylinder back into his saddlebags and they appeared around his barrel. Sasa sighed relief and she came to stand close by him as he suddenly jolted. Something was wrong with the mares and his horn lit as he teleported close by where they were. He could see the Pegasus lying scattered around them with Twilight sitting next to a giant machine of some kind. While he had no idea what it was he knew that whatever it was they needed it. Sasa trotted quickly over to the girls as Rainbow Dash picked herself up off the ground.

“Are you okay?” Twilight asked her. “Oh welcome back Oblivion.”

“Twilight.” He said to the mare as he joined them. “What is going on?”

“We are working to get to eight hundred wing power to get the water into Cloudsdale.” She explained. “Oh, you were so close to the eight hundred wing power minimum! I'm sorry, Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow hopped to her hooves and looked around her. “Oblivion can you give yourself wings and fly with us? That might give us the last bit of power we need.”

“I cannot. Not that I am aware of anyway.” He said to her as Sasa bumped his shoulder.

“Damn. We've got to try again!” Rainbow said to them as the other ponies got to their hooves.

“You’ve pushed your team to their limit already,” Twilight informed her. “If you break apart again, somepony could get hurt! You should quit, it's not safe!”

Rainbow looked at her fellow Pegasus and they turned to look at her. “No! One more time! I've got to know we gave it our all! If I'm going down, I'm going down flying! C'mon, ponies, let's make this happen!”

The others cheered and showed every sign of getting back into the air. He watched as their spirits had recovered from feeling hurt and were now bright and ready to go. He looked at Twilight and he could see the concern etched in her features.

“They can do this.” He assured her as Rainbow and the others jumped into the air once more.

Spike blew a horn and the ponies began to fly in formation once more. “Okay, here we go... one hundred wing power! Two hundred! Five hundred!”

The wing tore at his fur and mane as the others hunkered down by the machine. He watched as it began to measure the power in their tornado. He dug his claws in to ensure that he did not move.

“Seven hundred! Seven hundred and fifty wing power!” Twilight shouted out.

He looked down as Fluttershy and Twilight remained huddled by the machine. Fluttershy was nervously watching the tornado as the other Pegasus flew. He found himself wondering why she was down here and not with them but he didn’t ask.

“I’m too nervous to look,” Fluttershy shouted to be heard over the sound of the tornado.

“Seven ninety-five! We are so close! Fluttershy, they need you up there!” Twilight shouted at the butter-yellow mare.

“I won’t make a difference!” Fluttershy yelled.

“You can make a difference!” Twilight yelled.

“My measly 2.3 wing power is still too little!” Fluttershy cried.

“It's sticking at seven ninety-five! I don't know if they've got any more in 'em!” Spike informed them.

Twilight looked at him and he nudged the frightened mare and tipped his horn toward the tornado. “You can do this with them. They need you now.”

“Do it for Equestria! Do it for Rainbow Dash! Do it for yourself!” Twilight shouted as Sasa nuzzled the frightened mare.

She looked at Oblivion and he picked her up in his magic and put her into the tornado. His magic held until she was oriented and flying safely. Once she was situated he released his magic and she was on her own. He looked at the machine and he could see the needle starting to move slightly.

“It's moving! She's doing it! Seven ninety-eight! She surpassed her best wing power number!” Twilight shouted to him.

The tornado grew in strength and he watched as water began to pull from the reservoir and up through the tornado. He watched as the needle hit eight hundred and Twilight yelled in excitement.

“She did it! She did it! They all did it!” Twilight shouted.

The tornado began to fade as the water was gone and the ponies stopped flying. Fluttershy was the only pony still flying hard and they used a cloud to stop her gently.

“Whoa, girl, take it easy!” Rainbow shouted as she held the cloud in place.

“What? Did we do it?” Fluttershy asked her.

“Yeah, we did it! You did it!” Rainbow Dash said to her, a wide smile on her mouth.

“Great job, Fluttershy that was awesome!” Flitter said to her as she patted the mare's shoulder.

“Great job, Fluttershy that was awesome!” Cloud Chaser added.

Oblivion looked as Spitfire came up to them and he saw the look she gave him for a moment before it was gone. “Nice job, Rainbow Dash. You may not have set a new record, but you showed a lot of guts.” She said to the pale blue mare.

“Thanks, but if you wanna talk guts, then you've gotta give it to my number one flyer, Fluttershy! Let's hear it for Fluttershy!” Rainbow said as she pointed to Fluttershy.

The ponies cheered and Oblivion said nothing as the crowd moved away from them and back toward town. Twilight looked at him and a wide smile went over her lips.

“I’m guessing you found it?”

“We did yes.” He replied. “We got the first one and it led us to the second.”

“You got two of them?”

“Yes.” He showed her the two cylinders in his magic.

“I’m surprised you didn’t go after this one as well.”

“I am not sure where it is.” He admitted. “I decided we would come back and ask for your opinion too.”

Twilight smiled and she moved back to the town and Oblivion fell in beside her.

Author's Note:

This one is not as long as I usually have chapters but it will stand on its own while adding the next episode made it sound long-winded. Let me know if I missed any errors. Thanks for reading! I have a blog post going up to find out what you guys would like to see in the next episode chapter. Let me know what sounds like it would be fun for you.

Featured: 3/38/2024

PreviousChapters Next