• Published 14th Sep 2017
  • 1,059 Views, 1 Comments

Chaos at the Royal Wedding - RDDash



When Twilight Sparkle gets a sudden invitation to her brother's wedding, Pinkie Pie starts to beg her to increase the ratings of their new TV show. For popularity sake she said. Well then, Twilight have a perfect wedding crusher just for that.

  • ...
 1
 1,059

2: Signing the Contract


Canterlot Castle, next day.


Twilight Sparkle went to the Canterlot Castle that day. The camera crew is going to arrive soon, and that means that she needed to do some work to smooth everything out. She also needs to insert a special guest who is going to replace the bride for a while.

"Are you sure that all of this is necessary?" Princess Cadence and Shining Armor have been looking at the contract, a document about ten pages long.

"Unfortunately yes, as much as I want to do It without it, this document will indicate that everything that she will do, while using your disguise is with your consent and permission." Twilight gestured at Queen Chrysalis.

"Whats up?" Queen Chrysalis greeted two newlyweds.

"So anyway, because of that I also need my brother consent too! So to summarize what you are signing is..." Twilight put a quill pen to her chin thoughtfully "Complete deniability package, a secrecy package, permission use of force package, the clone army mobilization package, contingency orders 1- 150 package, and well everything else packages."

"A clone army what now package?" Shining Armor had been a bit confused.

"I am glad you asked, older brother, this is part of the new side project I've been running, you see some time ago Pinkie Pie approached to me with an idea of cloning herself using magic. I tried to tell her that the idea is dubious at best, but she assured me that it's real. After that, I run the idea through the military, and they loved it. They say it's somehow better than the use of golems and it will eventually outsource the recruitment and the training of civilians. Think of this whole thing as a test," Twilight finished explaining. "So I need you to sign here, and then here, and perfect!"

Twilight then put all of the documents away, and then took a small orb. "Well this is a small portable camera, and for this segment, I would be filming it. Cadence why don't you start first? Think of this like a small interview commentary. Like, Queen Chrysalis is going to attack you and replace you with herself. It would be the best if you act natural, I mean the more the better!" Twilight then lit the room with somewhat dark colors. "For this, I would just need only Cadence and two changeling guards. You know what? it would be better if we go directly to the crystal caves, no okay, I guess we could just do it here."

"Do I just wait for this to...Um, okay, so when Queen Chrysalis, a nice lady, by the way, approached me with such a crazy proposition of... I believe her exact words were Submit or else! At first, I was like really insulted, and then two changeling drones swooped in and knocked me out."

Princess Cadence was sitting in the chair tied up to it, behind her was two changeling guards. "Um, can I get some water?" she addressed them. Changelings looked at each other and then shrugged. The one on the right brought a glass of water to her. "Anyway, where was I? Oh right, it's kind of really embarrassing, but I don't really have any self-defense training, so um, I was kind of caught off guard and... " Cadence trailed off for a second "I really hope that nothing bad would happen to Shining. "She then again looked at her two guards. "How long do you think I will be here?" She then received another shrug symbolizing I don't know, stop asking unnecessary questions.

The camera made small noise signaling that its stopped recording telling Cadence that it's no longer recording. "Okay, perfect, the viewers will love a princess in a distress. Now I just need Chrysalis and Shining Armor to say something." Twilight was more than happy about it.


"Okay, I guess it's my turn then," this time Queen Chrysalis had been moving across the corridor and the camera had been levitating tracking her every movement. Camera biped signaling that it was active again. Chrysalis visibly relaxed and then started. "I am not sure If I should call this as my personal blog but here it goes. You can do this! You've practiced this for years and now all of the skills are going to pay off. Oh who am I kidding, I am so nervous right now. You know, my father always said. Chryssalis, someday you are going to be thankful for an opportunity to go to acting school! And my mother... Well, I don't really want to talk about my mother. Today is my special day, and my only chance to shine. At first, I was like why would I even need it, I didn't even want to be a princess of the hive. I mean when we were kids, all of the little lings are either wanted to be a princess, if they are girls, and the boys always will be boys, am I right?"

Chrysalis then looked straight at the camera, "To be fair being a princess completely sucks ass. The only good thing about it I suppose is that you are completely free to order other people around and they had to do everything you say." Chrysalis then facehooved herself, "Shit what I am doing? I better of disguise myself properly." With that Chrysalis shapeshifted into disguise and became a perfect copy of Princess Cadence. "Perfect, that candy cane pony princess had been useful to me after all!"

Camera buzzed again, and with that stopped recording once again "Was I too sappy? Do I need to be more aggressive? "

"Just be yourself! Trust me ponies will love it!" offered Twilight. "Eh, I think! I am no Pinkie Pie. I don't really know what are social trends these days."

"Do I really have to do it?" Shining Armor already started to feel that he already having second thoughts. "What do I even say?"

"Why of course! Just say something, like I don't know. I and Cadence always wanted to go to the restaurant, or something like that!"

Shining Armor sighted "Okay, let's just get it over with!" room changed background again "Wait is this my room?"

"Yep! This room had been specifically enchanted with an green screen charm, once again all thanks to Pinkie. I suggest you make yourself comfortable because the camera will start filming soon. Chrysalis would you be so kind to just do it and get it over it"

"Right! I'll make sure just to do that. Wait, what? What is it she is about to do?" Shining started to panic.

"Just relax, will you. You agreed to it." Chrysalis quickly zapped Shinning Armor with a suggestive spell. Shining's eyes glowed green "Okay, that's perfect!"

"I, well, I."

"Why exactly did I volunteer for this?" Twilight sighed, "Pinkie could have done it a lot easier."

"Because you are the only one who has unrestricted access to the castle." Chrysalis deadpanned.

"I won't call it completely unrestricted thought, I still can't go to the forbidden archives."

"Really, why even have that section in the first place? "

Recording in three, two, one..."

"It's been like what six or seven hours since I was, eh, brainwashed. I don't know, I think I lost count. Had been having headaches for a while now." Shining Armor said with a monotone voice. "Cadence had been acting a bit strange lately, but I guess I won't complain. Since you know," Shining Armor winked at the camera.

"Boss yelled at me again. Do I even have a boss?" I suppose I do I am still only a Captain. Does Equestria have Generals? I wish I was a General."

Twilight signaled Chrysalis to enter the screen. "I am so glad you waited for me, dear." Chrysalis entered while in Cadence form. "I just came back from a meeting with Princess Celestia." Yeah, in her nightmares. "Uh, is something wrong? You look pale and green.

"What? Oh, it's nothing Its just I think the stress finally getting to me and, I just..."

Camera buzzed again and the recording ended.

"What in tarnation was that? Twilight, that was outright terrible. Not even my entrance can fix that?."

"I, but what, but I just don't know what went wrong!"

"I'll tell you what went wrong, this!" Chrysalis pointed hoof at Shining Armor "He has overdosed on magic right now, and he won't come back to us until morning."

"I am sorry, alright! I'll go cut that footage out than. Buck! Why I even apologizing to you?" Twilight expressed her frustration.

"Because you feel guilty because of what just happened, and you wanted to say sorry!"

"I! You!" Twilight Sparkle had never been so frustrated as she was now. "You know what? It doesn't matter. I just go back to Ponyvile and go back to my library and forget this ever happened."

"Sounds good to me!" Chrysalis had been exhausted as well. All she wanted to do now is just go to bed and sleep.


Meanwhile somewhere out there in a secret room of the top secret reality show.

"Cut!!!!" yelled director. "Alright, that's it for today! We are going to continue to film tomorrow. This is what we've been looking for ponies acting in their most natural state. You have no idea how excited I am or the suits that's been breathing down my neck. Thank you very much, Ms. Pie!"

"Of course I am always happy to help!" Pinkie Pie politely hugged him. "Wait? I am confused. What are we doing again?"

"A reality show about ponies doing a reality show. Only this time they don't know they are in one. This is absolutely brilliant! You are ever since the creation of reality show genre, it became completely obvious of how scripted it was. But this, this is..."

"Absolutely brilliant! Yeah, I know."

"Exactly, my dear friend! I can't wait to see the final product!"

Pinkie Pie sighted, this is going to be a long day and the next day and then the next. What does she get herself into?

"Well, I'll better be going, if you don't mind."

"Of course! Of course!"


Ever since two years ago when High Princess Celestia retired and gave the throne to her sister High Princess Luna, she did have a lot of free time to spare. Of course she still offered her assistance from time to time, but still, even with that her day to day activities was less of the havoc then it was before.

Equestrian Kingdoms had been divided into too many districts, each of them had a certain level of autonomy to a degree. Luna liked it and openly encourage it, however, Celestia did not. Despite both sisters being roughly thousand years old, one sister had been more conservative than the other. Maybe that what Equestria needs right now a competent modern leader.

"Sister, how was your day today?"

"It's been alright I guess. I don't even know what to say. On second thought I need to unwind. You know..."

"Yeah!"

"I've been receiving strange reports all day, something about your student spending the time with a strange mare. Everypony who saw them together said that the mare had been visually vague. I just can't put my hoof on it. Where did I see her before?"

"I am sure that it Is nothing to worry about."

"But sister!"

"Well it's true, look while it's true that Twilight Sparkle is a lesbian, it's not my concern with whom she chooses to sleep with."

"What? I don't mean it like that, I just worry about national security, and. "

"That mare works for House of Sparkle. There must have been a reason why she needed it that's all there is to it, nothing more, nothing else. Now tell me what's really bothering you."

"You know the legend right, even before our time there was a city of crystals, At some point, there was some sort of disaster that made the city sink under the ice, although the legend was extremely vague about what exactly happened to it. I mean yeah it sunk, but nopony knows why it sunk."

"I am sure that such tragedy is well tragic, but we can't really do anything about that now."

"Yeah, I know. But sister! There had been strange reports coming from the North. Something about strange solar activity and arctic wolves started to get more active again, and a lot more aggressive than they normally would to ponies who live in that region."

"Unusually abnormal but once again it's probably nothing to worry about."

"I suppose, thanks, sister!"

"Anytime! I always happy to help you with anything you need, sister."

Author's Note:

A two thousand words challenge, let's see if I can do it. Yeah, I've managed to pull it off.