• Published 10th Sep 2017
  • 556 Views, 1 Comments

Flutterlina - Pinkie Pie Sweets



See the My little Pony Parady of Thumbelina.

  • ...
 1
 556

Act 2: Rescue at the Lake

The next day, the mother frog decides to introduce her son to the sleeping Flutterlina. The mother frog and her son live at the marsh part of a bright blue lake with water lilies and lily pads all around. The Mother frog's son is dark green like she is, but he's smaller and wearing a red bow tie. Fishes, bugs, and other creatures either lives in or near the lake. The two frogs are at one of the lily pads, while they watch Flutterlina still sleeping in the other one.

"See, isn't she a beautiful girl," The mother frog says.

"She sure is," The boy frog agrees.

Then the mother suggests, "You should make her your bride."

"I think that's a wonderful idea, mom," the boy frog happily agrees.

Flutterlina stirs and opens her eyes to see she is not in her house anymore, and becomes very scared of where she's at.

Flutterlina scaredly asks, "Huh, where am I?"

Flutterlina looks around in fright, and sees the two frogs are on the lily pad making her more scared. Flutterlina yelps seeing the two frogs, and covers herself with her rose petal blanket in fear. The two frogs swim to the lily pad where she is, so they let her know there's no worries. They both hop onto the lily pad to say hello to their special guest.

The mother frog says with a smile, "Don't be scared, little girl. My, you sure are beautiful even when you're awake."

Flutterlina cheeks start to blush as she removes the covers, and says, "Um, thank you."

"Oh, you are going to make a wonderful bride," the mother frog says feeling very happy.

"Did you say bride?!" Flutterlina asks with a shock.

"Yes when you marry my son," Mother frog says.

She then turns to her son and says, "Say something to her."

"My aren't you beautiful," The frog boy says, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Flutterlina gets out of her bed, and walk over to the frogs.

"Listen, I'm not sure I'm ready for marriage just yet, maybe we can just be friends," Flutterlina says, trying to reason with the frogs.

The boy frog walks past Flutterlina and takes her bed. He then jumps into the water with her bed and starts to swim away.

"Wait, where are you going?!" Flutterlina asks.

"We need to get everything for the wedding and for your honeymoon," The mother frog says.

"And let's not forget our new home in the marsh," the boy frog adds, still swimming in the water.

"You stay here, so you won't spoil the surprise," the mother frog happily replies.

The mother frog jumps into the water too and swims away, leaving Flutterlina all alone. Flutterlina knows she can't fly very well, and becomes very scared, and not sure about going anywhere. She then sits on the edge of the lilypad and starts crying, wishing to go home. Flutterlins covers her face with her hooves as she starts to cry.

In tears, she begs out loud, "Take me home, please. I want to go home! Please, take me back home to my mother! Please!"

What Flutterlina doesn't know is that her prayers is about to be answer. Under the water, where sand is on the ground, along with rocks, and different plants. There are three male fishes in different colors, a red fish, yellow fish, and a green fish.

The red fish stops to hear the crying, and asks his friends, "Hey, did you hear something?"

"I don't hear anything," The yellow frog replies.

"It sounds like someone crying," The red fog answers

The green fish looks up at the surface, and says, "Let's go check it out."

The three fishes swim up to the surface to see Flutterlina crying on the lilypad.

"Oh it's just a tiny pony" The yellow fish replies.

The red fish asks Flutterlina, "What's wrong, and why are you crying?"

Flutterlina looks at the three fishes, and sadly says, "I am to be married."

"Is that good or that bad?" The yellow fish asks.

"I am to marry a frog," Flutterlina adds, sounding very upset.

"No, That's terrible!" The three fish exclaims in a shock

"Please help me. I... I don't even want to get married," Flutterlina begs for help.

The three fishes can see that Flutterlina is in trouble, and they know they need to do something.

The red fish says, "My, you sure are a pretty pony."

"I'm sorry that you're being forced to marry that awful frog," the green fish says feeling sorry for Flutterlina.

Then the yellow fish says, Don't worry about it, um…"

Just then the three fishes realize something important.

"I guess we forgot to ask for you name," The red fish says, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Flutterlina shows a smile on her face, and says, "My name is Flutterlina."

"It's very nice to meet you, Flutterlina," the green fish says.

"Don't worry, we'll help you escape." The yellow fish says.

The three fishes swim under the water and pull the stem, but they just don't have the strength to break it. They stop pulling so they can try and think of another plan to save Flutterlina from her troubles.

"We're not strong enough to cut the lilypad lose," The red fish says.

"Yeah, we don't have teeth," the yellow fish adds.

Just then the green fish has an idea, and tells the others, "I think I know who can give us a fin or should I say a claw."

The three fishes swim to where they can find help. On the lilypad, Flutterlina is still very worried about her unwilling marriage.

"Oh, I hope the fish would hurry," Flutterlina worriedly says.

At the front of a small cave at the other side of the lake, covered in water. the three fishes are at the entrance where their assistance lives.

The red fish calls out, "McCraw! McCraw, are you home?!"

Just then, a crawfish rises from his watery home. The crawfish is dark red with black whiskers, and large red claws. He is also wearing a small black hat with a white strap on it.

"I'm home. What can I help you with?" McCraw asks.

"We need you to help cut a stem of a lilypad…" The green fish says.

"…to set a young girl pony free," The yellow fish adds.

"I don't like lilypad stem," McCraw bluntly replies.

McCraw dives back to his home in the cave.

Then the red fish worriedly says, But the frogs want her to marry…

"… Against her will!" the three fishes say at the same time.

McCraw pops back up in shock, and says, "Why didn't you say so before?! I am one of those crawfishes who are against unwilling marriages. One must marry for love. Lead me to the girl.

With that the fishes lead the crawfish to Flutterlina before the frogs come back. Back at the lilypad, Flutterlina feels very scared and alone. She doesn't know what to do about it. Just then, the three fishes return to the surface in front of the lily pad, with McCraw along with them.

McCraw asks, "I'm guessing you're the girl that need saving.

"Yes sir," Flutterlina shyly answers.

"Don't worry, Flutterlina," The red fish says.

"Yeah, McCraw is a friend of ours," the yellow fish adds.

Then the green fish says, "Let's hurry before the frogs come back."

With that, the three fishes and the crawfish dive under the water. They show him where the stem is, and he cuts it in a snap. Back at the surface, Flutterlina can see that the lilypad is moving, meaning that she is free. The fishes and the crawfish come back to the surface to see that the little girl is rescued.

Flutterlina waves to them and happily says, "Thank you, fish friends. Thank you, McCraw."

"You're welcome!" The three fishes and McCraw shout waving their fins/claw.

Flutterlina looks around the area as she floats on the lilypad down the river. She is very amazed to see the wonderful sights. Just then, a monarch butterfly flies beside her, and ask if she can use some help. Accepting the help, Flutterlina untie her ribbon from her waist and pass the other end to the butterfly, leading her to the shore. After saying goodbye to the butterfly, Flutterlina starts to make her long journey alone in the large world.

In the sunny summer, Flutterlina eats berries from the bushes below. Then Flutterlina eats the nectar from flowers like goldenrods and buttercups, and the dew from the leaves of the flowers. Then the fall weather comes, as Flutterlina tries to walk and find food to eat, but finds little of it.

However, in no time, winter has come. The snow is falling to the ground, and the cold wind is blowing hard. Flutterlina walks through the snow, trying her best to find shelter, but her hooves are freezing, and she too tired to fly. Flutterlina is so cold and tired that she might not be able to keep her strength up any longer.

Flutterlina shivers as she tries to say, "I-I-I'm… s-s-s-so… c-c-c-c-cold."

Flutterlina can not take another step and at that moment she collapses in the snow as it continues to fall on the floor. What she doesn't know is that a mysterious figure walks up to her, and decides to help her before she freeze in the wintery snow.

Author's Note:

Next time, Flutterlina stays underground for the winter.