• Published 20th Aug 2017
  • 481 Views, 12 Comments

The Pony Plush Problem - BlueCuddlePonyGhost



Life as your typical MLP fan is simple. Except for when you buy your first pony plush. Out of all the choices, I pick Rainbow Dash, and take her home. But I question if I picked the right pony. Or do I have more in common with Rainbow than I think?

  • ...
 12
 481

Chapter 1: Picking the Right Pony

Author's Note:

*I only own the ideas for the story. All My Little Pony characters, places, etc. belong to Hasbro and DHX. My Little Pony All Rights Reserved.*

Chapter 1: Picking the Right Pony

Greetings. You may think this is your typical Brony story.... the one where a brony gets their favorite pony plush, goes home happy, they put the plush on a shelf with their other MLP collection items, talk to the plushes, cuddle with them, grab them whenever there is a new episode of the show on, etc. Yes, I know, I sound boring and cliche.... well, this is not that story.

This is a story about how making a choice that may seem simple, can be hard. And how sometimes making a choice you though was hard or wrong, can sometimes turn out good. Let me explain from the beginning.

I was at a mall, wondering on my own with my dad doing the same. However, despite the fact that I wasn't shopping at the normal mall near my house, I decided to have a good time anyway. I enjoyed looking around for a while, and after looking at my phone, I realized it was getting late... and time to head to dinner with my dad.

I found myself in one of my favorite stories in the mall: "Build-a-Bear Workshop". I had shopped at the store many times, getting various plushies so I could cuddle and have them to play or collect. I had gone there hoping to get a plush of my favorite background pony, Derpy Hooves, also known as Muffins in the My Little Pony fandom. Unfortunately, as I looked at the My Little Pony plushies, I found no Derpy Hooves. Dog gone it! Of all the times where the store didn't have Derpy Hooves, I wanted her. Just my luck! .... and I wanted so badly to share some blueberry muffins with her.

No. Instead, I found a Princess Luna, Princess Twilight, and Rainbow Dash plushies. I debated about which one to get. My personality was more similar to Twilight, but since it was Alicorn Princess Twilight, I would have gotten her, but didn't want to be thought of as girly or feminist. Same reason I was thought about getting Princess Luna. As for Rainbow Dash, she was a maybe since I didn't have a lot in common with her.

I paced around the store, trying to decide which one to pick. Twilight or Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash or Twilight. Oh for Celestia's sake, why did this have to be so hard! Grrrrrrr! After pacing some more, I couldn't help but feel a soft, comforting, feeling of loyalty come over me. I kept debating and going back and forth to look at the Twilight and Rainbow Dash plushies. I could get them both, but I only wanted one for now.

But the more I paced, the feeling of loyalty kept coming over me. I just couldn't shake it off! After a while longer, I had made my decision. I had to pick Rainbow Dash. I remembered taking an MLP quiz online... don't roll your eyes at me, admit it, you've taken those quizzes too... and the cutie mark I got was loyalty. The same as Rainbow Dash's cutie mark. So, after grabbing the Rainbow Dash plush and grabbing a ghost plush too.... what? I like ghosts. Boooooooooooooo! Okay now I'm just being silly... I got both plushies stuffed, made the certificates, and then paid for them.

Once the plushies were in some house shaped boxes, I walked out with my two new plush buddies. I actually took out Rainbow Dash and put her in the same box as the ghost plush with the certificate too. I figured it would just be easier for me to carry. Once I threw away the second box, I walked over to my dad and after he asked what I got, I showed him the ghost plush. He was satisfied and we went out to dinner.

Upon arriving home, I went to my bedroom and got the plushies out after switching into my pajamas. I got out the plush certificates, put them with the other ones I had, and put the plushies on my bed. I got on my bed and hugged them. They felt so soft and cuddly. I couldn't wait to sleep with them tonight.

I went to bed late that night, but I didn't care; I had two new cuddle buddies to sleep with! Yaaaaaaay!!! Nevertheless, I turned out the lights, took my glasses off, and then pulled the light blue sheets and brown blankets over me, my Rainbow Dash plush, and the ghost plush. I hugged the two plushies in my arms and rolled over on my side. I normally like sleeping on my side, so cuddling the two plushies in my arms was easy. It felt like they were hugging me back, which I enjoyed. I hugged them back pretending they were alive, enjoying the embrace.

After resting for about an hour, I decided to sleep on my belly, still cuddling my Rainbow Dash plush and ghost plush. Both plushies felt so soft and cuddly as I hugged them. It was great. Then a thought occured; what was the point of cuddling if you couldn't have a little fun? I then hugged the plushies one more time before grabbing them with my hands and pulled them under the light blue bed sheet. With my hands still holding the plushies, I lifted the Rainbow Dash plush and ghost plush up so they would be completely covered by the bed sheet. They both looked like bed sheet ghosts without eye holes which I found amusing. I carefully made sure that both plushies were still under the bed sheet, and placed them in my arms again. Now it looked like I was hugging plushies that looked like bed sheet ghosts. This was fun.

After making sure my bed sheet cover plush buddies were safely in my arms, I moved my hand under the pillow so I could grab it for support. I then cuddled the Rainbow Dash plush and ghost plush, mentally pretending they were trying to get out of the bed sheet or that they were pretending to be ghosts under the sheet. With the image of the Rainbow Dash and ghost plushies going "Boooooooo!" under the bed sheet while waving their arms around, I smiled and cuddled them before drifting off to sleep.

I was in for a fun, silly dream... hopefully not too silly.