• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 490 Views, 4 Comments

Unity Equestria - UrbanPonification



Sweetie Belle's life takes a dark turn when her parents tragically die. The pain of which changes her for the worse. Follow a stallion whose life was robbed from him as he searches for answers to his past.

  • ...
2
 4
 490

Part 1 Unity Awakening

Sweetie Belle was a young care free filly. She was heading to school with her sister rarity and her two parents. And on that day, her life was about to change forever. They crossed the road, not noticing a run away cart that was blaring down the hill. Her parents looked to their left and caught a glimpse of it. They gasped while running forward, pushing Rarity and Sweetie Belle from harms way. But, in the end, they paid the ultimate price. Sweetie Belle heard it while falling forward from being pushed; that horrid crunching sound. She landed hard on the ground, but dared not look back. Finally, she gained enough courage to look behind her. There her parents laid, in a pool of their own blood. The rain crashed down from the heavens. She slowly stood on her hooves and inched toward them. Her eyes filled with tears more and more with each step. She now stood over them, their lifeless bodies laying before her. "No...." She shook her head backing away, "No... NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" She screamed at the sky with rage and sorrow. Ponies quickly gathered around curious to the commotion of the filly.

The next thing poor Sweetie Belle had to endure was the funeral. She just sat silently, never saying a word. Rarity would watch her with her own sad eyes, but the words never came to her. She didn't know what to say to poor Sweetie Belle. What could she say? The priest had Sweetie Belle take the podium, but she just stood in silence. Ponies in the crowd just stared at her tears falling like rain on the wooden podium. Rarity, finally, came up and escorted her back down, "It's okay sweet heart." She just held the crying filly in her hooves. Twilight and her friends were there, but none dare say a word.

The priest came back sighing, "Thank you Sweetie Belle..." He looked at her with sadness in his eyes, "We are gathered today to commit these loving parents to her majesty. May their spirits live on in the after life, may Luna and Celestia guide them into the next life. It is not our place to judge, but it is our place to remember. Ashes.. to Ashes... Dust to Dust..." He looked to the undertaker and nodded. The undertaker lowered the caskets into their final resting place. Then began filling the hole. Sweetie Belle just stared motionless, as she could feel her heart sink into her chest with each dig of the shovel. The undertaker placed the tombstone over the grave. Her eyes did not move from the words craved on it, 'Loving parents to the very end.'

Rarity came closer worried more for her little sister, "Sweetie Belle?.." But, Sweetie Belle turned and ran for home, tears filling her eyes. Rarity could only watch, then look at the grave, "Give me strength....." She trotted home, unsure of her own future. Rarity was devastated in her own way, she could not make dresses anymore. Her mind could only think of that tragic day.

Sweetie Belle laid on her bed for most of the coming weeks, refusing to go to school, or play with her friends. Rarity became worried, for she did not eat anymore. Twilight would make routine visits, but Rarity was never in the mood. Rarity just sat in her dark boutique, crying the pain away.

Eventually, Rarity emerged from her home, and as they say time heals all wounds. She would carry on with her life. However, Sweetie Belle, refused to accept that. She locked herself away in a closet and cried everyday. Despite what any pony did, she refused to let them go. Days turned into weeks, but she never came out of that closet, other then to eat.

Sweetie Belle was curled in a ball when she heard a voice, "Sweetie Belle?"

"Whose there?!" her ears darted up at the unknown voice, her body soon followed. "Show yourself!" She demanded.

"How can I?" It replied sounding close, "When I am you?"

She looked at a mirror seeing herself in the faint glow from the door crack. It smiled softly without her doing and she jumped back, "WHAT ARE YOUR?!"

"I am you silly," It spoke back, "And, together we shall change the world..."

"We will?" She curiously came closer, "How?"

"In time my friend," it smiled, "In time..." It vanished as she just shook her head. She rubbed her eyes, that was easily the freakiest thing she ever saw. And with that, she left that closet thinking she has seriously spent to much time in there.

A new stallion entered the town from the train station. He seemed kind of odd while he passed ponies. He trotted in full guard armor and a sword on his back. He was pure white with black and white streaked mane and tail. He had the strangest cutie mark; a yin yang symbol. But, his strangest features was the fact he was part bat pony. He had no wings, but had every other feature. Ponies backed away a bit scared of him. He stopped before Twilight's castle and waited. Soon the princess came out and began talking to him, while ponies gathered. The two went inside, and soon the princess began talking, "Welcome Captain Leon to my castle and congratulations on your new promotion. I am sure you are tired?"

Leon replied, "I am. I hope ponies don't get scared of me being a partial bat pony."

She giggled walking with him and smiling warmly to him. "Don't worry we will work on it soon. After all you are the new Captain of the Friendship Guard. Now get some rest." She finished right as they stood before his new room and he nodded going inside. "Let me know if you need anything," She smiled to him.

"I will be okay your highness," He replied.

"Please it's just Twilight," She replied to him back.

"Goodnight, Sir Leon," She left him alone to have his sleep. He laid down and went to sleep.