• Published 8th Sep 2017
  • 488 Views, 4 Comments

Unity Equestria - UrbanPonification



Sweetie Belle's life takes a dark turn when her parents tragically die. The pain of which changes her for the worse. Follow a stallion whose life was robbed from him as he searches for answers to his past.

  • ...
2
 4
 488

Part 2 Unity Awakening

The first beams of sun light pierced through the window. They would hit the young bat pony's closed eyes. With a groan he opened his eyes, causing his pupils to turn into slits. Being part had advantages though, like being able to hear the slightest sounds, a more flexible body, eyes that can see in the dark, and even, a heightened sense of smell. He rolled forward to his hooves, allowing himself to stretch out his back with a lazy yawn. He was slender and stern, all in all, an average looking male. His massive fangs were quite long, they hung from his mouth. He looked over at his desk and proceeded to it. He yawned while levitating a quill into the air. He then placed it on a piece of paper and begin to write, Dear Diary, once more, I find myself in a strange new land; as if the others weren't strange as it is. But, this 'Ponyville', I feel a deep magic bond here. A knock came at the door. He turned to see Starlight Glimmer barge in, but she jumped in surprise at him. Her face turned red, forcing her to close the door, "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry, sir! I thought this was the bathroom. I get so lost in this castle!"

Leon smirked at her tiny intrusion. He would trot over and open the door slowly. "Don't be sorry," He reassured her with a smile.

She smiled, too, "Wow your a bat pony... Twilight did say our new captain was no ordinary stallion. But, a hybrid? You must be the talk of the town."

"Not always, my lady," Leon sighed and frowned, "Ponies, often, scream ,monster and run away from me."

"You too, huh?" She would enter the room and sit by his window. "I get scared that ponies will remember my past. I know how it feels to be hated by every pony. But, time is a strong healer. I think they have, finally, forgiven me."

"Twilight is so kind to me," Leon added while joining her, "She took me in when no pony else would. I hope to repay my debt to her."

Starlight studied him secretly, showing a bit of fascination for his unique cutie mark. She ask him, "So, what's your cutie mark mean anyway?"

Leon looked at his yin yang symbol on his flank and gave a long sigh, "I don't know really. I woke up with it five years ago in a trash can, with only the memory of my name. I had a hole in my stomach, I guess I should have been dead. The nice ponies who found me took me to hospital. I don't remember who I am, where I am from, or what I am supposed to do. No pony knows who I am. I been wondering this world for the last five years in search of my past."

Leon, suddenly, smelt something was wrong. He looked out the window. His eyes went wide as they could, for he saw smoke rising from village. He ran as fast as he could, leaving Starlight to look at what he saw. Leon came galloping up to a horrible scene of a building in a blaze of fire. It was engulfed in flames and ponies had gathered around it. A hysterical and terrified pink earth pony mare yelled, "Let me go! My kids are in there! Please let me go!" The firefighter ponies were holding her back, fearing she could kill herself. A few of them were trying to break the door down, but it wouldn't budge. Leon suddenly felt something deep inside him. All his muscles tensed up, his adrenaline started pumping, and he knew what he had to do. He heard the kids scream out in sheer terror; there was no mistaking what he had to do now. He burst out into a spring for a window, fear leaving him, and all he could think was saving them. He jumped, leaping into the flaming window. He cared not for himself, he had to save them, no matter the cost. He tucked and rolled past the flames that barred the window. Once inside, he found out, quickly, how much he missed being able to breath normally. The oxygen in air was being consumed by the enormous fire ball in the house. The ceiling in the kitchen, to his right, gave way and caved in from the fire. He turned to his left and saw a stairwell going up to the second floor. Leon ran for the stairs as fast as he could. He looked up them, his vision blurring from the lack of oxygen. He shook his head and focused for if he passed out, then he would die. With all his might, he crawled to the top of the second floor. He looked around the second floor. He saw a long hallway with several doors before him. He, suddenly, heard banging and screaming coming from one of the door. At this point, his body had enough, he fell to ground. This forced him to crawl across the floor toward the door. He had, finally, reached the door, his world was blackening. Now, a new problem emerged, he noticed the giant support beam for the house had lodged the door shut. He would not hesitate, with no fear, he grabbed the beam. He pushed with all his might, but he was way to weak, it had to have been a ton. The kids screamed for help, causing tears to fill his eyes. He yelled back, "Don't worry! I am gonna save you! Hang on!" But, his body was failing him, he fell to his flanks. His lungs hyperventilated, desperate for oxygen. When none was found, he simply lost all control of his muscles. Darkness filled his vision, No.... Not now.. I must save the children... He falls on his back coughing as hard as he could. He had failed to save the kids. Now, death would take hold. His heart beat slowed, then stopped, while he exhaled his last breath.

A moment or two passed, then, his heart burst into hundreds of beats per second. His shot open to yin yang symbols. He lunged forward and grabbed the huge pillar with his hooves. With no effort at all he threw it away, like it was made of paper. He turned and bucked the door off its hinges. Three little shivering foals were staring at him, terrified. He pointed with his right hoof to the exit, "Run! Get out of here!" The kids scurried for their lives to the nearest exit. Leon heard a loud creaking sound and looked to see a support pillar on fire, moments from giving way. He ran toward it and grabbed it letting the flames engulf his body. He screamed out in pure agony. His skin bubble and fur burned away. He held the beam with all his new found strength. He only cared about the fillies escaping. He felt like a million knives were just slashing his body all at once. Skin soon melted away and now the fire went for his muscles. The firefighter ponies had just broke through the front door. As soon as they did the fillies ran out of the house screaming and crying. Leon screamed out while the building fell around him, and soon, completely collapsed. Starlight screamed in horror from the crowd of ponies. She had been watching the whole ordeal unfold. She buried her face in her hooves, crying for her friend.

The fire was, finally, stopped. Nothing was left, but a smoldering pile of rubble and ash. Clean up ponies were shifting through the rubble. They witnessed movement under a large pile of debris. Sudden, out popped a charred and broken Leon. The ponies screamed and ran away yelling zombie. He fell over onto his back, and before long, he was out cold.