• Published 18th Aug 2017
  • 1,995 Views, 56 Comments

CPU of Equis Re;Birth - Maziodyne



A Japanese teen gets her consciousness thrown into the mind of a child. The child is then stranded in Equestria without either of her two sisters to comfort her. Displaced.

  • ...
6
 56
 1,995

Chapter 2: CPU Candidate

Rom and Fluttershy spoke with each other inside Fluttershy's cottage as they waited out the blizzard.

"Um... Miss Shy, where is this...?" Rom eventually asked.

"You're in Ponyville," Fluttershy answered.

"I don't think that's in Lowee..." Rom said, looking worried.

No, I don't think so either, Maiko added.

"I haven't heard of 'Lowee' before," Fluttershy said. "Is that where you're from Rom?"

"Uh-huh..." Rom nodded as she said this.

It seems to me that Rom's been separated from her two sisters, Ram and Blanc, Maiko chimed in.

"Uh-huh..." Rom agreed. "I really miss them too..."

Fluttershy thought about this for a moment. "How about I help you look for them?" she offered.

Rom smiled. "I'd really like that..." she said.

Fluttershy looked out the front window. "It looks like the blizzard has subsided," she said. "Alright Rom, I want to go and ask a friend of mine to help look for your sisters too. Her name is Rainbow Dash, and she might not seem like it at first, but she's a really nice person."

"Okay..." Rom said, following Fluttershy.

Skipping boring travel...

Rom and Fluttershy reached an odd house that was supported a good 8 feet above the ground with a ladder leading up to the porch. "This is Rainbow Dash's house," Fluttershy said. "The porch can be a little scary, so you can wait down here while I go get her if you'd like."

"Okay..." Rom answered. Fluttershy then climbed the ladder, climbing onto the porch at the top, disappearing from sight. There was a few minutes of silence as Rom waited outside.

I wonder what kind of person this 'Rainbow Dash' is, Maiko said, deciding to break the silence.

"Miss Shy says she's nice..." Rom responded.

Yeah, but she also said that she won't seem like she is, Maiko countered. I'd like to know what she meant by th-

"Hello there, brat."

Maiko was cut off by a condescending voice that came from behind. Rom turned around to look.

Behind them was what looked like a teen girl with green hair and red eyes. She was wearing black army boots, gray sweatpants, a gray hoodie with a hood that resembled a rat's head, and a small strap top with a broken heart design. Her skin was a sickly gray colour, and she was holding an iron bar, which she was resting on her shoulder like a baseball bat.

"I'm here to finally kick your ass, now that you don't have your broad brigade to protect you," she said. "I've already gotten my revenge on that 'breath of wind' loser as you can clearly see." As she said this second part, she lifted her other hand up, which Rom and Maiko finally noticed was holding another girl by the back of her collar.

This other girl had brown hair and green eyes, and was wearing a green bow that looked like a pair of leaves in her hair. She was also wearing an oversized blue trench coat, a black, sleeveless top, and black shorts. Her hands were currently tied together behind her back.

"You won't get away with this, Underling..." the girl said, addressing her captor.

"I told you to stop calling me that," Underling growled, kneeing the other girl in the back.

"Miss IF...!" Rom said, worried. "You bully...! Let her go...!"

"Nah," Underling answered. "I'm here to get my revenge. If I can beat this pain in the ass..." Underling shook IF for emphasis, "then beating you should be a piece of cake."

"Sorry, but I can't let you do that," came a woman's voice from above.

Underling and Rom looked up in surprise to see a young woman looking over the edge of the porch at them. She had rainbow-streaked hair, and magenta eyes. She was wearing a sky blue coat, blue jeans, brown army boots, and had a rainbow scarf around her neck. She then jumped off the porch, landing just in front of Rom, then stood upright and turned to look at Underling. "In the name of justice, I, Rainbow Dash, will rescue that girl and protect this one by defeating you!" she said epically.

"That was so cool...!" Rom said in admiration.

Rainbow Dash looked over her shoulder with a smirk. "I know," she answered. She then pulled out a dagger from inside her coat. "Leave this common thug to me. There's no need for you to get pointlessly hurt," she continued.

"But...! I can fight too...!" Rom said. "And I wanna save Miss IF too...!"

"Rom is pretty strong," Fluttershy chimed in from the porch.

Rainbow Dash was silent for a moment. "Fine," she said. "Just don't do anything stupid that gets you seriously hurt, okay kid?"

Rainbow Dash has joined!

"Uh-huh...!" Rom responded, getting ready to fight.


Rom
HP: 14600/14600 | SP: 8960/8960

Underling
-------------------------

Rainbow Dash
HP: 8990/8990 | SP: 6350/6350

Rainbow Dash attacks Underling!
0 damage!

Rom attacks Underling!
0 damage!

Underling attacks Rom!
4371 damage!


Woah, time out! Maiko said. What the hell is that!? That's not fair at all!

"Who-?" Rainbow Dash started, looking around.

"Underling has to be cheating somehow!" IF said, cutting Rainbow Dash off. "I don't know what to do about it though..."

"It's called 'winning' loser," Underling taunted. "Now, let the battle resume, so I can continue to beat your asses."

Rom, Maiko said. I have an idea. Try transforming.

"O-Okay...!" Rom said, before a column of light appeared around her. The light dissipated after a few moments, and Rom's appearance had changed drastically.

She now had baby blue, shoulder-length hair, with one extra-long lock coming in front of her shoulder, and her eyes were now bubblegum pink with power symbols in their middles. Her outfit had changed from her winter attire to a white and pink skintight suit as well.

"Whatever," Underling said, unfazed by the transformation. "Activating your silly HDD won't help you."

"Underestimating a CPU Candidate is going to be your downfall," IF commented.

"Oh, shut up," Underling said, tossing IF to the side. "Now, let's continue the beat down."


Maiko's EXE Drive Tutorial

White Sister (Rom)
HP: 14600/14600 | SP: 8960/8960
--------------------

You see this bar below your HP and SP? That's your EXE Drive Gauge. It'll fill up as you take and deal damage, like this:
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
It fills more when you take damage than when you deal damage, and while you have HDD active, it fills even faster when you take damage, and even slower when you deal damage. Once it's full, you can unleash a devastating EXE Drive Skill, which depletes the EXE Drive Gauge. Try using EXE Drive Skills to take out Underling in this battle, okay?

End of Tutorial

Rom gripped her staff as it materialized, a determined look on her face. Her and Rainbow Dash were side by side as they faced Underling.

White Sister (Rom)
HP: 14600/14600 | SP: 8960/8960
--------------------

Underling
-------------------------

Rainbow Dash
HP: 8990/8990 | SP: 6350/6350
--------------------

Rainbow Dash attacks Underling!
Rainbow Dash lunged forward, slashing at Underling with her dagger. Despite seeming like she had made a solid hit, the attack didn't seem to affect Underling in the slightest.
0 damage!

White Sister (Rom) attacks Underling!
Rom attacked Underling, swinging her staff to cause an eruption of light on the delinquent. Underling flinched slightly from the attack, but it otherwise didn't seem to do much.
102 damage!

Underling attacks White Sister (Rom)!
Underling then ran at Rom, and swung her iron bar at the CPU Candidate, hitting her with a sideways swing.
736 damage!

The attack was fairly forceful, and Rom felt it. However, she also felt energy welling up inside her from the hit.

White Sister (Rom)
HP: 13864/14600 | SP: 8960/8960
--------------------

Underling
-------------------------

Rainbow Dash
HP: 8990/8990 | SP: 6350/6350
--------------------

Rainbow Dash attacks Underling!
Rainbow Dash made another slash at Underling, but it was just as ineffective as the first.
0 damage!

White Sister (Rom) attacks Underling!
Rom made her same attack again, eliciting basically the same result as before.
104 damage!

Underling used Take This!! on White Sister (Rom)!
This time, Underling jumped at Rom, bringing her weapon down in an overhead swing. The weapon made a solid connection with Rom, who recoiled from the force of the attack.
1728 damage!

That last attack had been painful, but Rom felt like she was topped up on the energy from before. She decided it was time to retaliate.

White Sister (Rom)
HP: 12136/14600 | SP: 8960/8960
--------------------

Underling
-------------------------

Rainbow Dash
HP: 8990/8990 | SP: 6350/6350
--------------------

Rainbow Dash attacks Underling!
Not knowing what else to do, Rainbow Dash simply continued to slash Underling with her dagger.
0 damage!

White Sister (Rom) used the EXE Drive Skill Northern Cross on Underling!
Rom released the energy built up inside her and raised her staff to the air. This called down four large, blue orbs of energy which slammed into the ground, surrounding Underling. The orbs opposite each other then connected with beams of energy, creating a cross shape, the beams overlapping on Underling. Each beam dealt a hit to Underling, who visibly recoiled from the power.
762 damage!
767 damage!
Rom then put her feet together and looked up to the sky, raising her staff again, and called down a set of four red orbs, already connected by beams in the same way as the blue ones, with a shout of "Northern Cross!" When the red set landed on the blue set, overlapping perfectly, there was an explosion of energy, causing Underling to recoil again.
764 damage!

The force of the EXE Drive Skill finally seemed to be doing a good amount of damage to Underling as she began to look somewhat worn out. This just seemed to spur her on even more though, as she went on to attack again, using the same overhead attack as before.

Underling used Take This!! on Rom!
1733 damage!

White Sister (Rom)
HP: 10403/14600 | SP: 8960/8960
--------------------

Underling
-------------------------

Rainbow Dash
HP: 8990/8990 | SP: 6350/6350
--------------------

Rainbow Dash attacks Underling!
0 damage!

White Sister (Rom) attacks Underling!
Rom's attack erupted with extra force, and it caused Underling to flinch fully and even recoil a small bit, though it still seemed to be fairly ineffective.
Critical Hit! 317 damage!

Underling used Take This!! on White Sister (Rom)!
Underling continued to hit Rom with her powerful, overhead swing.
1727 damage!

Rom was once again beginning to feel the tiredness as her HP continued to drop, though Underlings last attack had given her enough energy to use the powerful EXE Drive Skill again.

White Sister (Rom)
HP: 8676/14600 | SP: 8960/8960
--------------------

Underling
-------------------------

Rainbow Dash
HP: 8990/8990 | SP: 6350/6350
--------------------

Rainbow Dash attacks Underling!
0 damage!

White Sister (Rom) used the EXE Drive Skill Northern Cross on Underling!
768 damage!
764 damage!
765 damage!
The EXE Drive Skill was executed in the same way as the first time, and again dealt a very hefty amount of damage to Underling.

At this point, Underling was looking downright exhausted, hunched over and panting, sweat dripping from her face. Despite this, she still attacked Rom with the same attack.

Underling used Take This!! on White Sister (Rom)!
1730 damage!

White Sister (Rom)
HP: 6946/14600 | SP: 8960/8960
--------------------

Underling
-------------------------

Rainbow Dash
HP: 8990/8990 | SP: 6350/6350
--------------------

Rainbow Dash attacks Underling!
0 damage!

White Sister (Rom) attacks Underling!
100 damage!

Underling used Take This!! on White Sister (Rom)!
This time, being desperate, Underling took a running start on her jump, and swung her body forward with her overhead swing, putting a bunch of extra force behind the attack, resulting in an incredibly intense blow.
Critical Hit! 5203 damage!
The attack brought Rom close to fainting, but she hung in there, not wanting to let Underling get away with humiliating IF.
White Sister (Rom)'s HP is low...

White Sister (Rom)
HP: 1743/14600 | SP: 8960/8960
--------------------

Underling
-------------------------

Rainbow Dash
HP: 8990/8990 | SP: 6350/6350
--------------------

Rainbow Dash attacks Underling!
0 damage!

White Sister (Rom) used the EXE Drive Skill Northern Cross on Underling!
Rom used her EXE Drive Skill one last time to finish Underling off, not caring if it was overkill or not.
766 damage!
768 damage!
764 damage!
Underling was defeated!

White Sister (Rom)
HP: 1743/14600 | SP: 8960/8960
--------------------

Underling
-------------------------

Rainbow Dash
HP: 8990/8990 | SP: 6350/6350
--------------------

Victory!


"Uuuurgh... W-What the ffff..." Underling mumbled before falling forward into the snow.

Rom then reverted back to her initial form and, despite her exhaustion from the intense battle, jumped up and down happily. "We did it...!" she said cheerfully.

"More like 'you did it'," Rainbow Dash said. "I don't think I left even so much as a scratch on her..." Then, under her breath, she added "So embarrassing..." while putting her face into her palm.

Rom then ran over to IF. "Miss IF, are you okay...?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine thanks," IF answered. "I'd like to get my hands untied though..."

"Allow me," Rainbow Dash suddenly said, coming over with dagger in hand. She then used her weapon to cut IF's bindings.

"Thank you," IF said, rubbing her wrists and standing up.

"Anyway, what was with that voice earlier?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Me? Maiko responded, causing Rainbow Dash to look around in suspicion.

"Yeah, where the heck are you?" Rainbow Dash asked, sounding a little frustrated.

I'm in Rom's head, Maiko answered.

Rainbow Dash's eyes narrowed, apparently not buying it. "No, that doesn't make any sense. How would you get to be in someone's head?"

That's what I'd like to know, Maiko shot back.

"Please don't fight," Fluttershy said, having come down the ladder after watching the battle from the porch. "We should go see Twilight and ask her if she can figure out what's going on."

"Right, that sounds like a good idea," Rainbow Dash said.

"I'm coming too," IF said. "I can fight as well, and even though Rom is pretty strong, she can't beat everything on her own."

"Thank you Miss IF..." Rom said.

IF has joined!

"Alright then you two," Rainbow Dash said. "Follow me. We're going to see Twi."

End of Chapter 2

Author's Note:

Ta-da! Chapter 2 is here! I'm just going to mention that all bosses will have 4-layer health bars.

Obligatory list of differences from the original:
Underling attacks - because the only reason I had her flee in the original was because I didn't yet know how I wanted to handle combat.
IF captured - just to be interesting.
Rainbow Dash joins the party - because I felt that the character selection needed to be 20% cooler.
EXE Drive Gauge and EXE Drive Skills - because they're awesome.

Also, feel free to use your imagination as to how Underling was cheating. I personally think she was using a GameShark.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying this remake so far!

Also, tutorial.